View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Ted Lasso

Play him left back for a few games. Force some discipline and defensive experience

Piskin

It's the same old story with Rashford for the last few years or so, is he good? or is he not good? The majority of those few years he has been bad. It's time for the powers that be at the club to sell this joker for the best price they can. He is 25 ffs and he is still learning to play at this level?! The fact is he is a luxury player on way too much money and is lazy. He is just an upgrade Sancho. SELL HIM.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Unpopular opinion, I don't think he was that bad. The manger continues to set him up for failure, with the lack of an overlapping option that the opposition has to respect. The left side use to be our most dangerous side. Now we're just shit all around.
Yes, I know 3 injured fullbacks hasn't help, but it's down to ETH to fine a way of replicating their productivity with what he has. Cutback chances are the cookie cutters of the league. Heck teams create 4 or 5 of these against us per game, yet we struggle to create any. This for me, is the biggest sign of a poor offence.
For me, this is such a strange take. I have no idea how we’re supposedly setting him up for failure. Yes, currently we have an injury crisis where we quite literally don’t have a single left back available, including the one on loan, this obviously has a negative effect. We’re also talking about a player that has been ignoring pretty much all the overlaps and consistently used them to cut in, where the Brighton match continues to be a prime example of just that. It’s not like Rashfords performances have been varying depending if he’s been playing with or without a left back that provides overlaps.

Rashford more or less has a free role in our attack, he’s allowed to roam with little responsibility in terms of tracking back. We consistently try to find him in the right areas of the pitch where he can be direct. Against Brighton, we set him up again and again and again, which resulted in him having more shots than Brighton..The biggest sign of a poor offence is the amount of times they receive the ball in dangerous positions without creating anything.

Born2Lose

Ollie Watkins PL goals over last 3 seasons = 40
Callum Wilson PL goals over last 3 seasons = 38
Rashford PL goals over last 3 seasons = 32
Ivan Toney PL goals over TWO seasons = 32

Rashford PL career stats = 247 games & 77 goals.

Average goals per 38 game season 12 (11.85) goals.

Irreplaceable.. really?

Last edited:

JeffFromHK

I don't think "lack of confidence" contributes to Rashford softening his body in 50/50s and his lack of pressing

mariko48

Should be benched next game and let Garnacho play on the left. His attitude is not acceptable atm.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I see you have completely missed the point of my post, as have a few others. You people are trying to make me out to be some kind of Rashford apologist, which couldn't be further from the truth. Guess you need to vent your frustrations against someone.

Let's get one thing clear, I didn't say Rashford was playing well, didn't even say he wasn't playing poorly. I think it's the manager's job to put his players in the best position to succeed. Leaving your players going up against two opposition players is not good tactics. I hope Rashford gets dropped, so we can see what Garnacho can do. We generally lack width and move the ball too slowly as a team and it's down to the manager to fix that, injuries or not.
And when we played Shaw and Reguilon this season, Rashford was still ass and trying his best to run through 3 defenders instead of passing to them.

There’s only so much tactics can do when Rashford only wants to dribble past players and go for his own shot.

This is like Pogba all over, it’s always the team’s fault, the tactics not suitable while ignoring the elephant in the room which is Rashford/Pogba are always the problem no matter what changes we make and their replacement not having the same issue.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
What you all are harping about he is a good low to midtable player for low to midtable club. Its suiting us just fine. A lot of you have unrealistic expectation and you all need to wake up from the 1990s era and embrace the new norm. Leave the poor boy alone.

stoinz

There are some players who need to play to get their form back like Rooney and there are players where you need to bench them to get that form back.

Ideally we bench him for someone hungrier but at the moment, we only have Garnacho (inconsistent and not much better than Rashford) and Martial (out of position and may not last 90 mins). There is no argument that Rashford has patches of form where he is absolutely world class but right now he is a liability. He is only playing because we have no other options. We can complain all we want but we don't really have much options until Jan window.

Longshanks

Played quite well Saturday I thought. Little unlucky to come off. He just having one of those patches of form where it isn't quite happening for him. It will come.

KD6-3.7

Has he always had such a terrible first touch? I remember it being not particualy that great but right now it reminds me of Rooney when he went through his form slumps but worst.

kingEric68

He can’t be arsed. ETH needs to manage him better- get him benched, get him to stop sulking, get him to start pressing. He’s like a naughty puppy - would SAF put up with his temperament…

Oldyella

its the oppositions fault now for doubling up on an attacking threat? Bastids
He should be used to it. He reacts so slowly with the ball teams are always able to double up on him, no matter the formation.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
And when we played Shaw and Reguilon this season, Rashford was still ass and trying his best to run through 3 defenders instead of passing to them.

There’s only so much tactics can do when Rashford only wants to dribble past players and go for his own shot.

This is like Pogba all over, it’s always the team’s fault, the tactics not suitable while ignoring the elephant in the room which is Rashford/Pogba are always the problem no matter what changes we make and their replacement not having the same issue.
You are absolutely right, replace Rashford with Garnacho and we are world beaters again.

RedUnited86

It's alright, we only need to wait another 4 years before his contract needs to be renewed and he starts pulling up trees again.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Despite going through a rough patch of form he is still our most effective and potent forward player.

He is dangerous near enough every time he gets the ball, it's just not happening for him all the time yet but it will soon if he keeps working.

Champ

Ollie Watkins PL goals over last 3 seasons = 40
Callum Wilson PL goals over last 3 seasons = 38
Rashford PL goals over last 3 seasons = 32
Ivan Toney PL goals over TWO seasons = 32

Rashford PL career stats = 247 games & 77 goals.

Average goals per 38 game season 12 (11.85) goals.

Irreplaceable.. really?
Watkins: Central striker
Wilson: Central striker
Toney: Central striker
Rashford: Left forward

Not really comparing apples for apples here,

Born2Lose

Despite going through a rough patch of form he is still our most effective and potent forward player.

He is dangerous near enough every time he gets the ball, it's just not happening for him all the time yet but it will soon if he keeps working.
He clearly isn't when he scores 1 goal per 31 shots.

Don't believe the hype.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Watkins: Central striker
Wilson: Central striker
Toney: Central striker
Rashford: Left forward

Not really comparing apples for apples here,
Why not? After all, his position doesn't affect the reality of him being the focal point of our attack. In this sense, it shouldn't come as a surprise that he averages more shots per 90 than any of the aforementioned players, either.

TR1LL

His consistency is a real problem for us.

I actually like Rashford and when he first came through he was nothing like the player he is today. Everything was a bit more fluid and less forceful.

Someone wrote a good post on him a few weeks ago about his development being disrupted, I think its something along those lines. Some of the decisions he makes on the field are absolutely baffling. This guy will shoot at a brick wall if he thought there was a goal on the other side. As for the moaning/appearing to switch off - no idea.

He’s been lifted to the heavens thinking he’s better than he actually is. If a manager dare tries to bench him, random stories/tweets on the situation mysteriously appear.

I don’t think he should have been sold but I do think he needs competition more experienced than Garnacho. If he was somehow to be benched due to this competition, no doubt he would be eyeing the striker role again but he can’t do that now as we have an actual striker in Rasmus.

Champ

He clearly isn't when he scores 1 goal per 31 shots.

Don't believe the hype.
He's got more assists than anyone else in all comps for United so far, only one goal is slightly disappointing but he's still the most dangerous attacker we have currently.

Champ

Why not? After all, his position doesn't affect the reality of him being the focal point of our attack. In this sense, it shouldn't come as a surprise that he averages more shots per 90 than any of the aforementioned players, either.
He's not the focal point of our attack now, and hasn't been since Hojlund started playing around 5 games ago.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

He's not the focal point of our attack now, and hasn't been since Hojlund started playing around 5 games ago.
That's not the point the other poster was trying to make, but never mind. He still averages double shots per 90 than Hojlund. Garnacho does, too. I think it paints a pretty good picture of the way to set up to attack and on which players we rely on to get goals.

Champ

That's not the point the other poster was trying to make, but never mind. He still averages double shots per 90 than Hojlund. Garnacho does, too. I think it paints a pretty good picture of the way to set up to attack and on which players we rely on to get goals.
I don't see any issue with shooting, especially when doing so gains rewards more often than not.
Yes there's sometimes a better option to play, but our wingers having shots is something that should be encouraged what with an out and out striker now at the club ready to pounce on any rebounds.

We have relied on Rashford way to much for goals, hence the reason we brought Hojlund, who is now the focal point of our attack and one in which we will be looking at getting the bulk of our goals.
If anything we are not using Hojlund quick enough, we seem to eager to get the ball out wide, and often the wide players are exposed and isolated.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger

He really, really isn't.

In terms of effiency, last season he had 108 shots in 35 appearances, 46% accuracy and 17 goals,so far this season he's racked up almost 1/3rd the total amount of shots but in only 8 matches, accuracy is 27% and he only has one goal. Goals per match is 1/4th of what he was producing last season. His worst average since making the first team squad.

He's got 1 goal and 1 assists in 673 mins, Eriksen has 1 goal and 1 assist in 373 mins. Bruno has 2 goals and 1 assist in 720 mins. As for big chances created, he has 3. Garnacho has the same in 201 mins. He's hardly effective.

His last 19 league matches: 4 goals and 3 assists. It's a rather long patch

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I don't see any issue with shooting, especially when doing so gains rewards more often than not.
Yes there's sometimes a better option to play, but our wingers having shots is something that should be encouraged what with an out and out striker now at the club ready to pounce on any rebounds.

We have relied on Rashford way to much for goals, hence the reason we brought Hojlund, who is now the focal point of our attack and one in which we will be looking at getting the bulk of our goals.
If anything we are not using Hojlund quick enough, we seem to eager to get the ball out wide, and often the wide players are exposed and isolated.
I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't. But you have to be a blind man to argue that United don't consider Rashford their main goal threat and that they don't set up their tactics on the pitch accordingly. Hence, my initial response to your argument that the aforementioned players are central forwards. When Ronaldo was playing as a LW at Madrid, wasn't he the focal point of their attack? In that fluid three-pronged attack we had in 2007-08 and 2008-09, weren't most of our plays designed for him to finish, although his starting position was mostly on the left? Or you'd want to suggest otherwise? It doesn't mean that Hojlund and the others shouldn't be contributing. Of course, they should. And, of course, shouldn't pile on Rashford whenever we fail to score.

And, yes, we want to transition the ball quickly into the wide areas. Using the wings to initiate attacks is a hallmark of Dutch football. We also want to create isos for Rashford because he needs space and time on the ball to take on defenders and make things happen. He's had his best season in 22-23 by doing mostly that. The problems begin when these opportunities aren't available to us and Rashford can't rely on his pace and his instinctive way of playing the game. At that point, it doesn't matter how many teammates are close to him. Everything slows down to a halt and the ball, if it's not lost/wasted, it ends up all the way back to the defence.

This happens because he's neither a winger nor a midfielder. He's a forward who doesn't want to play centrally, he doesn't fancy a challenge or too many defensive duties and he doesn't play with his head up to keep plays alive until a pocket of space becomes available. And we offer him the opportunity to play like that. In return, we expect prolific numbers in terms of end-product. Because he's not the prime mover like the Silvas or Grealish at City, he's not comfortable with the ball under pressure or away from the box like Salah and he's also not a natural wide player like Saka and Martinelli who are active in the build-up, they can cover the whole length of the pitch and can also survive without a constantly overlapping FB or with Ben fecking White behind them. Rashford, the version we're seeing now, comes with a particular set of skills that requires a lot of accommodations and sacrifices to make it work. He's got talent, that's pretty obvious, and ETH clearly believes he's worth the effort. How many goals the others will contribute is irrelevant in regard to Rashford. Like his idol, Ronaldo, his trade is goals and assists. And we rely on him to get those. Because, if he doesn't get those, he doesn't really have much to offer in terms of general team play. Does he?

Champ

I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't. But you have to be a blind man to argue that United don't consider Rashford their main goal threat and that they don't set up their tactics on the pitch accordingly. Hence, my initial response to your argument that the aforementioned players are central forwards. When Ronaldo was playing as a LW at Madrid, wasn't he the focal point of their attack? In that fluid three-pronged attack we had in 2007-08 and 2008-09, weren't most of our plays designed for him to finish, although his starting position was mostly on the left? Or you'd want to suggest otherwise? It doesn't mean that Hojlund and the others shouldn't be contributing. Of course, they should. And, of course, shouldn't pile on Rashford whenever we fail to score.

And, yes, we want to transition the ball quickly into the wide areas. Using the wings to initiate attacks is a hallmark of Dutch football. We also want to create isos for Rashford because he needs space and time on the ball to take on defenders and make things happen. He's had his best season in 22-23 by doing mostly that. The problems begin when these opportunities aren't available to us and Rashford can't rely on his pace and his instinctive way of playing the game. At that point, it doesn't matter how many teammates are close to him. Everything slows down to a halt and the ball, if it's not lost/wasted, it ends up all the way back to the defence.

This happens because he's neither a winger nor a midfielder. He's a forward who doesn't want to play centrally, he doesn't fancy a challenge or too many defensive duties and he doesn't play with his head up to keep plays alive until a pocket of space becomes available. And we offer him the opportunity to play like that. In return, we expect prolific numbers in terms of end-product. Because he's not the prime mover like the Silvas or Grealish at City, he's not comfortable with the ball under pressure or away from the box like Salah and he's also not a natural wide player like Saka and Martinelli who are active in the build-up, they can cover the whole length of the pitch and can also survive without a constantly overlapping FB or with Ben fecking White behind them. Rashford, the version we're seeing now, comes with a particular set of skills that requires a lot of accommodations and sacrifices to make it work. He's got talent, that's pretty obvious, and ETH clearly believes he's worth the effort. How many goals the others will contribute is irrelevant in regard to Rashford. Like his idol, Ronaldo, his trade is goals and assists. And we rely on him to get those. Because, if he doesn't get those, he doesn't really have much to offer in terms of general team play. Does he?
Interesting you feel we are set up around Rashford.
Question, do our tactics change when Rashford isn't playing and Garnacho is there instead as per the weekend?

Because for me, our tactics and set up don't change at all with or without Rashford. We play the same way, which kind of disproves the notion that the team is built around Rashford.

Rashford is key to our attacks because he's one of our best, if not the best attacker we have, not because we change our tactics and gameplay for him.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Interesting you feel we are set up around Rashford.
Question, do our tactics change when Rashford isn't playing and Garnacho is there instead as per the weekend?

Because for me, our tactics and set up don't change at all with or without Rashford. We play the same way, which kind of disproves the notion that the team is built around Rashford.

Rashford is key to our attacks because he's one of our best, if not the best attacker we have, not because we change our tactics and gameplay for him.
We don't need to change anything, it's already designed for him to get to the end of attacking plays because, as you said, he's our most threatening player. That's what teams do, they set up to create chances for their best outlets. Garnacho is his understudy, a very young prospect that wouldn't even be getting so many minutes, if Rashford was as good as he was last season.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Despite his recent lack of goals, Rashford still sat 4th for non-penalty goals and assists in 2023 from all players in the top 5 leagues coming into this weekend. Only Håland, Lautaro and Mbappe had more.

https://reddit.com/r/FCInterMilan/s/RF5TQWLCwh

Bruno still high on the list including pens too, as above.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
It’s come to this stage where attitude and application isn’t even a criteria that fans should be expecting from players now :houllier:
Just like playing with width and giving your players chances to go 1 v 1 with defenders is a revolutionary concept to some people.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Despite his recent lack of goals, Rashford still sat 4th for non-penalty goals and assists in 2023 from all players in the top 5 leagues coming into this weekend. Only Håland, Lautaro and Mbappe had more.

https://reddit.com/r/FCInterMilan/s/RF5TQWLCwh

Bruno still high on the list including pens too, as above.
Those stats can’t be right since he scored 17 league goals last season?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
One thing I've noticed about Rashford is he rarely comes deep to help the buildup. Not sure if this is due to coaching or just him but with Rashford it's essentially two up top.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
One thing I've noticed about Rashford is he rarely comes deep to help the buildup. Not sure if this is due to coaching or just him but with Rashford it's essentially two up top.
To build-up what? :D
Do we build anything? Rashford is the outlet of our transition. He must never come in midfield seems to be the game plan.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Has to be dropped for Garnacho now. He needs to get form back. I don't care if he's a confidence player and him being dropped may dampen his confidence even more. He's starting weekly for us and is genuinely horrific to watch at the moment.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Those stats can’t be right since he scored 17 league goals last season?
Why not? All goals and assists in all comps in 2023 for players currently playing in the top 5 leagues. Xavi Simons is the one anomaly as he accrued most of his in the Netherlands before going back to PSG.

It’s wild the spin in this thread. He’s been one of the forwards of the calendar year so far, despite this recent run. Hopefully he can kickstart again soon and finish on a high.

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why not? All goals and assists in all comps in 2023 for players currently playing in the top 5 leagues. Xavi Simons is the one anomaly as he accrued most of his in the Netherlands before going back to PSG.

It’s wild the spin in this thread. He’s been one of the forwards of the calendar year so far, despite this recent run. Hopefully he can kickstart again soon and finish on a high.
What spin? It's 4 goals in his last 19 league appearance. Compared to an average PL forward that's bad. Compared to your evaluation of Rashford it's a crisis in form.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
To build-up what? :D
Do we build anything? Rashford is the outlet of our transition. He must never come in midfield seems to be the game plan.
When Liverpool were at their best, it seems only Salah would stay up but Mane and Firmino would regularly drop deep.