View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Swedish_Plumber

Him going out to party after a terrible display is all you need to know. What a joke. A lot of these players don’t give a feck.

Lost bear

Been wondering if he has any self awareness to be doing it again. Its his PR thing so expect it at some point
If he was to do that head pointing meme now it would be ironic to the point of tragedy and/or hilarity.
It would surely be read it as saying, “Has anyone seen my marbles?’

lsd

The Oracle
Him going out to party after a terrible display is all you need to know. What a joke. A lot of these players don’t give a feck.

It was his birthday. Of all the things Rashford can be criticized for of the field antics are not one of them.

I've yet to read stories of him cheating on his partner, attacking her, brawling in public, throwing up while drunk , arrested by the police or any of those things.

He has done nothing but be responsible in the public eye and it's a shame the guy can't go out for a meal on his birthday without this nonsense

Based Adnan

It was his birthday. Of all the things Rashford can be criticized for of the field antics are not one of them.

I've yet to read stories of him cheating on his partner, attacking her, brawling in public, throwing up while drunk , arrested by the police or any of those things.

He has done nothing but be responsible in the public eye and it's a shame the guy can't go out for a meal on his birthday without this nonsense
Hardly going out for a meal was it? It was a nightclub in late hours.

They also had training the next day. If you don't see the problem here then you're actively trying to avoid it. The fact ETH saw an issue with it and Rashford apologized for it says all you need to know.

the_cliff

I find it a bit weird that a local lad that has supported United his whole life needs to be told not to party the night you get played of the park by your local rivals. Also, just shows you the state we are in that last season he was our 'most important player'. It's a joke.

If this was 2008 he might never play for us again, now he just gets a stern telling off.

YSB99

Supports
Machester United FC

If he actually looked bothered on the pitch and done the business 99% of people wouldn’t care about 4 out of 5 of those things, that’s why Cantona could kick a fan, Rooney could go off with granny’s etc his job isn’t to be a role model it’s to play well and win games

Bondi77

I would imagine Sancho would have been out with him as they seem pretty close but that would have no real effect on our squad now I suppose.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I find it a bit weird that a local lad that has supported United his whole life needs to be told not to party the night you get played of the park by your local rivals. Also, just shows you the state we are in that last season he was our 'most important player'. It's a joke.

If this was 2008 he might never play for us again, now he just gets a stern telling off.
Add this telling off to the face he's been one of the worst performing so called top players in the league and STILL he won't be dropped.

Amir

Hardly going out for a meal was it? It was a nightclub in late hours.

They also had training the next day. If you don't see the problem here then you're actively trying to avoid it. The fact ETH saw an issue with it and Rashford apologized for it says all you need to know.
The fact that he had training the next day is the real issue. But some people are just upset he dared enjoy himself after a loss.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I dont think him partying should be an issue. He reported on time for training so not sure what the fuss is about

Andy_Cole

The fact that he had training the next day is the real issue. But some people are just upset he dared enjoy himself after a loss.
You should listen to our ex players who won everything at the club on this matter. They say how the last thing they’d do is ‘publicly enjoy themselves’ after an embarrassing loss. A bit of common sense is needed. On the pitch he’s showing no care or heart. Off the pitch he’s portraying the same image now.

Rockets Redglare

I dont think him partying should be an issue. He reported on time for training so not sure what the fuss is about
So could you perform in your job to the same level if you’d been out partying until daft o’clock?
I know for a fact I couldn’t, and if my job was to run around and play football I know my performance would be much worse.

Amir

You should listen to our ex players who won everything at the club on this matter. They say how the last thing they’d do is ‘publicly enjoy themselves’ after an embarrassing loss. A bit of common sense is needed. On the pitch he’s showing no care or heart. Off the pitch he’s portraying the same image now.
That worked for them at the time. Does not mean it's the same for everyone all the time.

Players need a release from time to time. They can't go out late for most of the week as they are training the morning after. I believe they usually get a day off after a match, so that is the right time. And I think it's healthy they get to do that, so it should not depend on the result.

Now, if he did have training the next day, that's another thing.

ayushreddevil9

So could you perform in your job to the same level if you’d been out partying until daft o’clock?
I know for a fact I couldn’t, and if my job was to run around and play football I know my performance would be much worse.
It was his bday, doesn't happen every day.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He has to apologize because he was out in public celebrating, Ten Hag didn't like the optics of it.

Nothing wrong with celebrating, I mean no one said anything when the Man City players were spotted drinking champagne at the Balon D'or ceremony the other day.
It's just celebrating in public after an abject display that he has to apologize for.

crossy1686

career ending
He went to ChinaWhite in town for a couple of hours on the night of his birthday that was arranged by his friends. He drove there and drove home so he didn't even have a drink. Not like in was in there doing a Gazza and celebrating the City win is it?

Dorris

He has to apologize because he was out in public celebrating, Ten Hag didn't like the optics of it.

Nothing wrong with celebrating, I mean no one said anything when the Man City players were spotted drinking champagne at the Balon D'or ceremony the other day.
It's just celebrating in public after an abject display that he has to apologize for.
No, he had to apologise because he had training the next day.

Superunknown

I'm in agreement with you. It doesn't sit right with me at all. Marcus is one the players I'd have expected better from as he has a personal/local connection to the club.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm in agreement with you. It doesn't sit right with me at all. Marcus is one the players I'd have expected better from as he has a personal/local connection to the club.
Agreed. If anything, he looks like the player who gives the least amount of fecks on the pitch.

eire-red

To be honest, I spent Sunday evening in a pretty bad mood and wouldn't have felt like doing anything at all.

Rashford is a local lad, mancunian all his life and had just been part of an abject performance in the local derby. If I was in his shoes, I can't imagine I would have done it. It's his 26th birthday for god sake, who cares? I don't think I've celebrated anything since my 18th.

I think it looks poor, it's a bit tone deaf from Raahford knowing how our form was and the possibility of getting beat and how that would look.

It's not really a criticism of him in isolation to be honest, I think it's more of a peek into the mindset of the modern footballer in a general sense. They don't really care all that much.

ayushreddevil9

Well I don’t know about you but if I had work the next day I’d go out another night. It’s not difficult, it’s just a bit of common sense that a lot of our players seem to lack.
The world doesn't revolve around you.

crossy1686

career ending
To be honest, I spent Sunday evening in a pretty bad mood and wouldn't have felt like doing anything at all.

Rashford is a local lad, mancunian all his life and had just been part of an abject performance in the local derby. If I was in his shoes, I can't imagine I would have done it. It's his 26th birthday for god sake, who cares? I don't think I've celebrated anything since my 18th.

I think it looks poor, it's a bit tone deaf from Raahford knowing how our form was and the possibility of getting beat and how that would look.

It's not really a criticism of him in isolation to be honest, I think it's more of a peek into the mindset of the modern footballer in a general sense. They don't really care all that much.
What about if your mates pre planned it for your birthday? Would you still not go and be miserable bastard?

Dorris

What about if your mates pre planned it for your birthday? Would you still not go and be miserable bastard?
For over 300k a week sacrifices sometimes have to be made. Honestly some of the arguments in here are laughable.

GazTheLegend

Not to completely exonerate him or anything but it was his birthday and he probably needed to blow off some steam. It's unprofessional in that he had training the morning after but it's at least understandable/forgiveable. Can understand why people are going to be pissed off on here, but for me personally it's one of those you hand wave away and keep it internal, Fergie style. Rooney used to do it, get punished on the sly, and then rock up and smash teams. Of course it always helps when you're playing like Wayne Rooney did and not like Marcus does at the minute.

Ten Hags already got one wantaway star. Needs to be careful with the few he's got left. Don't want to let the media overblow this one it sounds like Marcus didn't do a lot wrong, really.

AndySmith1990

There are certain standards and sacrifices that come with elite sport. The very best athletes hold themselves to those standards and make personal sacrifices that go far beyond missing a birthday party. Unfortunately many of our players seem to treat playing for United as a casual job. If they didn't play a team sport and therefore can hide behind others, they'd be fecked

Whats kinda sad is how so many United fans defend the behaviour, like they are purposely ignorant to what it means to be a professional athlete

GazTheLegend

There are certain standards and sacrifices that come with elite sport. The very best athletes hold themselves to those standards and make personal sacrifices that go far beyond missing a birthday party. Unfortunately many of our players seem to treat playing for United as a casual job. If they didn't play a team sport and therefore can hide behind others, they'd be fecked

Whats kinda sad is how so many United fans defend the behaviour, like they are purposely ignorant to what it means to be a professional athlete
Mate they're human beings and young lads. They're not robots. You get the odd Ultra-professional player like Juan Mata, Cavani or whoever but mostly they're more like Phil Foden, just talented nobheads always pushing the line to see what they can get away with.

I can't remember exactly but there was a chairman of one of the lower league football teams that said (forgive if it's somewhat of a misquote) if the fans knew what the players were really like behind doors they'd never show up to a game again. I think that was more in regard to the mercenary nature of lower level footballers but it stuck with me. Rashford seems alright to me, its just a shit situation we are in and every little thing is going to get over scrutinized, but he loves Manchester United and that's enough for me.

evil_geko

Not to completely exonerate him or anything but it was his birthday and he probably needed to blow off some steam. It's unprofessional in that he had training the morning after but it's at least understandable/forgiveable. Can understand why people are going to be pissed off on here, but for me personally it's one of those you hand wave away and keep it internal, Fergie style. Rooney used to do it, get punished on the sly, and then rock up and smash teams. Of course it always helps when you're playing like Wayne Rooney did and not like Marcus does at the minute.

Ten Hags already got one wantaway star. Needs to be careful with the few he's got left. Don't want to let the media overblow this one it sounds like Marcus didn't do a lot wrong, really.
Nah feck that, he should go all out on all players, scorched earth! They clearly don't give a feck so Erik also shouldn't.

Rockets Redglare

The world doesn't revolve around you.
I believe that a player on 250k plus a week shouldn’t be out partying straight after he’s put in another absolutely appalling performance against our local rivals, so we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

eire-red

Just as well they didn't plan it for lunchtime. He may have had to pull out of the matchday squad for fear of missing his big birthday bash!

Honestly, I'd live like a complete monk for 300k a week knowing you're likely going to retire in your mid 30's.

You can do all of that stuff and have all your fun when you've retired, or in the off-season. Footballers, and not just Rashford, but 99% of them are so out of touch with reality and the fans in the modern game.

To be fair, I'm surprised that EtH said anything about it at all. I'm not sure of the context or if he was asked by a reporter or whatever, but responding / acknowledging it just draws attention to more negativity.

Nobody would care if we were playing well and winning, so there's a bit of double standard there too. But I don't think it's controversial to say the optics are bad.

ForeverRed1

Would we AND himself be better of he had signed for Man City?
Pep would of dropped him a long time ago, he wouldn’t get away with his decision making, greed, shitty body language, ducking out of challenges, ducking out of Ariel duels, jogging about the pitch and the shrugging of the shoulders. It just wouldn’t happen. He’d of been sold to PSG when they had the chance.

he wouldn’t of been better off (although it could of made him a better more well rounded player eventually). I don’t know about us because you can’t trust us to find an adequate replacement.