View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

jem

It's funny how 2 of our best performances of the season are without him in the team: against Palace in the cup and Galatasaray in the CL.

Really hope ol' Jimmy boy doesn't fall for his charm because he's british(like the other managers have) and actually boots him out the door as soon as his stake is accepted.
I’m almost hoping Ratcliffe harbours some Tory dislike for Rashford - it’s obviously a morally odious hope, but whatever it takes to keep Rashford off the pitch.

glasgow 21

Couldn’t agree more.
100% he is still at the age where his value could be exploited as a positive. Any further experiments with this lad is a waste of time and money. The lack of effort having not played mid week is outrageous. Any further acceptance of this behaviour is making mugs out of the supporters.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
His PR team are too good to ignore all the criticism tonight and that clip of him.

Fully expecting the Instagram apology some time tomorrow; Performance wasn't up to United standard, We'll do better, team and fans are together, red circle emoji, fist emoji, yadda yadda etc.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His PR team are too good to ignore all the criticism tonight and that clip of him.

Fully expecting the Instagram apology some time tomorrow; Performance wasn't up to United standard, We'll do better, team and fans are together, red circle emoji, fist emoji, yadda yadda etc.
This is the big problem when such a mediocre player somehow becomes the face / star man (aside from Bruno) of the club. Half the time he can’t trap the football or run with it yet he’s somehow got such a big seat at the table.

LDUred

This guy needs fecking right off out of the club, absolute utter disgrace to the badge.

No matter how inept Ten Hag is, to see a player literally strolling about on the pitch like he couldn't care less, that just does not get forgiven with a few goals. You're not only throwing the manager under the bus, you're letting yourself down, the 8 or 9 players who are still trying down, and the fans who have schlepped it to Newcastle for an 8:00 p.m. kick in freezing conditions down.

He's not the only one but I imagine he's the ringleader. Ten Hag should simply grow a pair and drop them all, why he hasn't already is anyone's guess. Rashford is a toxic prima donna and he needs to find a new club that will tolerate him and his pathetic behaviour.

That is it as far as I am concerned. This guy should never player for Manchester United Football Club again.

Last edited:

Valencia Shin Crosses

He can feck off permanently. He’s done this same shit for years but is beloved for the occasional good season but any “local lad” that puts in that level of effort might as well be a Liverpool supporter from fecking Chile or somewhere far away as possible from Manchester.

I’m done with him. Even another purple patch won’t do. Because we all know he’ll fall off a cliff again and be a huge detriment to the side
It's not even the poor performance. It's the attitude and complete apathy for any sort of off the ball work (when it's clear as day he's instructed to track runners) that has me wanting his useless self shipped off to Paris ASAP.

I can deal with a terrible run of form from a player if he kept his head up and was still fighting.

Piskin

Just look at his face on the pitch, he doesn't give a damn. Sell his ASAP

NoPace

I have a soft spot for him, but he should have been taken off 30 minutes into the game when it was clear he was going to be a liability today.

jem

“anyone who knows me knows that I’m a red through and through…”

gregwar

An absolute shitshow this season. Doesn't even deserve a spot on the bench, and I've been one of his biggest fans.

His attitude stinks at the moment. Even when he scored last week, his teammates had to force him to celebrate. I've had enough of watching him jog into a blind alley, stop, shrug and pass it back to his full back.

I don't know whether he's got things going on in his private life, but I'd rather him take a few months off, get his head straight and come back next season if he needs it.

JeffFromHK

An absolute shitshow this season. Doesn't even deserve a spot on the bench, and I've been one of his biggest fans.

His attitude stinks at the moment. Even when he scored last week, his teammates had to force him to celebrate. I've had enough of watching him jog into a blind alley, stop, shrug and pass it back to his full back.

I don't know whether he's got things going on in his private life, but I'd rather him take a few months off, get his head straight and come back next season if he needs it.
thought like this is why our club is in so much troubles. too many excuses, too many chances.

gregwar

thought like this is why our club is in so much troubles. too many excuses, too many chances.
Didn't you bother to read the rest of the post?

He's been shite.

If he's going through stuff, let him f**k off for six months and sort himself out. Not once have I made an excuse - if you've never had personal/mental health issues, I envy you. It's hypothetical because we don't know, but Christ, try not to be a dick pal.

JeffFromHK

He's been shite.

If he's going through stuff, let him f**k off for six months and sort himself out. Not once have I made an excuse - if you've never had personal/mental health issues, I envy you. It's hypothetical because we don't know, but Christ, try not to be a dick pal.
Demanding the club to sell a player that has no heart to play for the club is a "dick"?

do you know that the average length of days off an average workman (be it a teacher, a driver, a clerk, lawyer or an accountant) gets after their immediate family member (wife, husband, son, father or mum) dies is three days??? Remember that ronaldo always spoke thankfully of fergie after fergie gave ronaldo a 1 week off after his father died? What has Rashford (and Sancho last year), who is paid 300x an average salaryman gets, experienced (beside breaking up with his girlfriend???) that warrants him a few months' paid leave to "sort his personal issues out"?

I am always irritated at how much our club and our fanbase has indulged our players and treat them like babies that need protection compared with most other football clubs, our players are spoiled, no wonder our players play like kids but not men on the football pitch.

Our players are extremely indulged, overpaid and overprivileged. We should give them sticks, not further carrots.

NoPace

:lol: the feck ETH would
I never understood why it's seen as some insane disrespect to take a guy off 30 minutes in. Ten Hag can always just say it was tactical and he was the one who got it wrong, since it was clear by about the 15th or 20th minute that we weren't able to progress the ball into the Newcastle half, and Antony is better at that. Or bring Amrabat on, move Bruno out right and say you were wrong about not needing another midfielder. Hell, he could even have taken off Martial and thrown Rashford up front, or brought on Varane, Reguilon or Lindelof and gone 3 at the back.

There's been this weird stigma to getting hauled off after 30 minutes instead of 60, but it makes no real sense and I can't imagine it'll still be a thing in 20 years.

Sometimes coaches get it wrong, or a guy is struggling. You can throw the guy back out there next game. Instead, we constantly see teams clearly on the road to losing waiting until it's too late to make a sub. We couldn't handle Newcastle's pressure with Rashford sulking on the right, and waited until we were losing 1-0 to make a change instead of doing it at 0-0.

I think the way to fix it might be to allow a player subbed off to come back on. Still counts as a sub. Rashford comes off and maybe he comes back on with 20 minutes left for Garnacho and a point to prove.

dan1509

I have never rated him, even during his "purple" patches. Like Bruno Fernandes, he is a terrible player with atrocious general play. Even in matches where the two of them score or assist, they still play awful throughout the 90 minutes. Great players do not have to score/assist to have a good game. When your supposed two "best" players have second division level general play, is it any wonder United gets dominated in practically every match?

Im not sure why some in here claim he isn't trying. He is definitely trying his best, he is just shite.

YSB99

Supports
Machester United FC

He's been shite.

Only at united is nonsense like this suggested, if they’re not up for it they should be sold not put on sick leave for 6 months while making £350k a week, we’re not a charity,

Bondi77

I have a soft spot for him, but he should have been taken off 30 minutes into the game when it was clear he was going to be a liability today.
He maybe a liability at the moment but a liability that scored 30 goals last season so that still puts him way in front of the liabilities that were on the bench.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
That was genuinely one of the most disgusting performances i've ever seen. One thing is trying and failing, but the complete lack of effort and desire he showed yesterday was infurating

Never mind Ronaldo being defence, this was a new level.

Red-17

I never understood why it's seen as some insane disrespect to take a guy off 30 minutes in. Ten Hag can always just say it was tactical and he was the one who got it wrong, since it was clear by about the 15th or 20th minute that we weren't able to progress the ball into the Newcastle half, and Antony is better at that. Or bring Amrabat on, move Bruno out right and say you were wrong about not needing another midfielder. Hell, he could even have taken off Martial and thrown Rashford up front, or brought on Varane, Reguilon or Lindelof and gone 3 at the back.

There's been this weird stigma to getting hauled off after 30 minutes instead of 60, but it makes no real sense and I can't imagine it'll still be a thing in 20 years.

Sometimes coaches get it wrong, or a guy is struggling. You can throw the guy back out there next game. Instead, we constantly see teams clearly on the road to losing waiting until it's too late to make a sub. We couldn't handle Newcastle's pressure with Rashford sulking on the right, and waited until we were losing 1-0 to make a change instead of doing it at 0-0.

I think the way to fix it might be to allow a player subbed off to come back on. Still counts as a sub. Rashford comes off and maybe he comes back on with 20 minutes left for Garnacho and a point to prove.
Yeah we basically surrendered the first 60 minutes of the game today with a lineup that was not and never was going to work. It was obvious from the outset that Rashford could not track his fullback consistently and the few times he could be bothered, he was made to look like a traffic cone. Martial cannot physically run and is not someone who will occupy center backs either to start off counter attacks from deep which is the only thing Rashford is capable of doing (and he isn't even doing that this season), so instead of admitting that, making a sub to bring on Antony, Pellistri, or anyone who at least can be responsible defensively and in posession, we have to massage egos and pretend anything will change.

I bet if you polled the United fanbase at halftime, 75% or more would have said those two needed to come off, yet we persisted for 15-20 more minutes while absolutely nothing changed. We were lucky to make it to half equal and then rather than counting our blessings, we gave Newcastle even more opportunity to find a goal.

Red-17

He maybe a liability at the moment but a liability that scored 30 goals last season so that still puts him way in front of the liabilities that were on the bench.
If he wants to play on the field, maybe he can be bothered to run and make a second effort off the ball even just once the entire game. This isn't a pick up league after work where you can give as much effort as you feel like. He was genuinely embarrassing out there today both in his effort and his quality. You could find thousands of average sunday league players who could defend better than he does and I genuinely mean that.

Him scoring 30 goals last season is the outlier in his last 3-4 years, the norm has been laziness, poor quality on the ball, inconsistent finishing, and a downright awful demeanor.

JeffFromHK

If PSG takes his 350k wage, I am happy to let him go at anything more than 20M

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
17 league goals. A massive 4 more than relegated Leeds Rodrigo and Harvey Barnes who played less minutes.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I don't want to be making excuses for Rashford. And his performance yesterday was beyond pathetic. However, he has also scored 78 goals in the previous 4 seasons (plus, I am sure a lot of assists). How many players playing predominantly on the wings/as wide forwards have better numbers than that in those 4 seasons? There has to be something else going on behind the scenes that we are not privy too. The drop-off from last season is too steep. Never seen such a drop in performances after a contract year.

GMoore23

When he's not scoring, he's lower league level with a bad attitude to boot.
Want him gone so bad. His negativity is infuriating.

nmm85

Looks like the media and pundits are really digging in to him now. Seems like he's always had a bit of a free ride from them. I wonder how that'll affect him. Sadly I don't see his mentality wanting to prove them wrong.

Red-17

I don't want to be making excuses for Rashford. And his performance yesterday was beyond pathetic. However, he has also scored 78 goals in the previous 4 seasons (plus, I am sure a lot of assists). How many players playing predominantly on the wings/as wide forwards have better numbers than that in those 4 seasons? There has to be something else going on behind the scenes that we are not privy too. The drop-off from last season is too steep. Never seen such a drop in performances after a contract year.
He doesn't really play as a winger anymore than the likes of Salah, Mbappe, or Ronaldo play as wingers. He offers absolutely nothing defensively, so we can't be comparing him to other true wingers when he doesn't contribute like a modern winger needs to in today's game. If you compare his numbers to those 3, he isn't even close to their level.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't want to be making excuses for Rashford

Follows it up with an excuse. Does Aubameyang or Ozil at Arsenal ring a bell? And the drop off has been since winning the cup. 3 good months doesn't equate to good season.

KD6-3.7

I genuinely cannot stand the sight of him in a United shirt anymore, shouldn’t have even lasted 30 minutes against Newcastle. Don’t think I’ve wanted a player sold more than him in a long time.