4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I actually said when he was signing that Sancho would eventually take the LW spot off Rashford. Many posters on here thought he was going to have to stay on the right but I called it. Pity Sancho is such a busted flush because his most effective position is there to be taken now.

Hopefully this is the turning point for the season. ETH realises how much he holds us back and he becomes a bench warmer from now until he moves to a West Ham.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Don't know what's going on with him but his laziness is inexcusable.

10 minutes tonight and he barely broke into a jog.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think he will be on the bench for many games, the way everyone worked their socks off was great to watch and it was relentless. Don't think EtH will mess up the line up.

He doesn't deserve to start, tragic this season. Hopefully it's Garnacho time now.

TrailMonkey

Was saying the same to my son throughout those 10 mins. Didn't put any Chelsea players under pressure. Seemed content to just trot about and pick up his fat wage. Don't want to see him near the team for a while.

90 + 5min

I don't want to be negative today but seeing Fernandes run like a warrior in 89 minute and chasing back and seeing Rasford jog back in the same time just shows difference between players.

Pickle85

Really odd. You'd think that coming in fresh he'd want to terrorise them but sauntered around not looking arsed. Such a shame what's happened to him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Really want him out, sick and tired of him. Just as I was with Pogba in the latter stages. It doesnt matter how good he can be, just isnt worth the hassle anymore. Sell him to PSG please.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

He had to be making a point. The stage was set for him to sprint around a lot and try to win the fans back onside. A chance he deliberately spurned.

I wonder if it was a reaction to the boos? Anyone at the game? Was that just Chelsea fans? Or did home fans boo him onto the pitch too?

atkar83

He got paid more than he ever has before and he's the star player on his hometown team. What other reason does he have to mope. I'm over it, bench him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The fact he came on at CF told you Ten Hag had no faith he was ever going to come on a press properly. Garnacho was clearly running on empty, but was actually doing his defensive work, so was never going to trust Rashford to track James.

He's got a decision to make in Jan what's best for him, because he clearly isn't going to play how ten hag wants him to.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I don't want to be negative today but seeing Fernandes run like a warrior in 89 minute and chasing back and seeing Rasford jog back in the same time just shows difference between players.
It's incredible to see really.

Just been dropped and heavily criticised for his lack of effort, and even when he's coming on fresh with a fraction of the game left, couldn't even be arsed to pretend to care.

If he doesn't sort his shit out soon I'll be very firmly behind getting rid of him.

RedOrange

He had to be making a point. The stage was set for him to sprint around a lot and try to win the fans back onside. A chance he deliberately spurned.

I wonder if it was a reaction to the boos? Anyone at the game? Was that just Chelsea fans? Or did home fans boo him onto the pitch too?
It's a reaction to nothing, that's just how he plays.

Flying_Heckfish

He absolutely should've been coming on to make an impact and prove doubters wrong...

He's just not trying - something has gone on between him and the manager. Whether it's Sancho situation, EtH's failings overall, or maybe he was hoping to be the main striker this season? Who knows, but it's a bad attitude. He has the quality but not the application.

redshaw

A few years ago while playing poorly he used run his heart out still. It's quite the opposite now either side of last seasons good run. He's had two periods of where he's barely running.

saik

Everyone saw the same as me right? The 11 who started played like they cared and are still behind the manager. Mr Sulker here barely broke into a sweat and was his usual lazy self and played like he doesn't care for the manager. I wonder, was he the one who is leaking.....:rolleyes:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Fully agree.

That degree of laziness had to be deliberate.

I'd just bin him from the side for a stretch after that. As you say, it was set up perfectly for him to run his socks off for ten minutes and he just didn't bother.

Maybe we can entice one of the Saudi sides to put a bid in.

OldSchoolManc

His picture on this thread should be changed to the moody, lazy, stroppy face we see most of the time

hobbers

Garnacho, Bruno and McT all outpressed him every single time after he came on.

Literally the fourth man each time, slow jogging.

Sancho99

He absolutely should've been coming on to make an impact and prove doubters wrong...

He's just not trying - something has gone on between him and the manager. Whether it's Sancho situation, EtH's failings overall, or maybe he was hoping to be the main striker this season? Who knows, but it's a bad attitude. He has the quality but not the application.
Does he though?! He's been crap for ages. Had a good season last year but rubbish for the 18 months previous. He's blown hot and cold for a good while now. It's no good showing flashes in dribs and drabs. The team showed tonight that we are currently a better unit without him.

Tyrion

Cant wait to see how his PR team spin this in the media.
I am pretty sure I remember a guardian journalist reporting he was looking for a move out after he was dropped about 2 years ago. Not sure if it was speculation or if it came from his team though

Werewolf

In a few years, if he ever opens up on his current situation at United, I will be very curious to know the full context and background to what we are seeing today. For now we can't rule out external factors, mental health issues, general dissatisfaction with football, etc. But yeah, things are sadly not working out for him at the moment.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
In a few years, if he ever opens up on his current situation at United, I will be very curious to know the full context and background to what we are seeing today. For now we can't rule out external factors, mental health issues, general dissatisfaction with football, etc. But yeah, things are sadly not working out for him at the moment.
Think it's external as well, not necessarily connected to the club, as he was absolute shite for England against Malta as well.

-Supreme-

I wonder if some posters will continue to say that our wing options are just as crap every time when they tried to defend Rashford, but no doubt some will use G/A against Antony and Rasmus (at least in the PL) :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have never seen anything like it. Star player, playing for his hometown club but is the laziest player in the team and most notorious for sulking. It's incredible really.

dirkey

I actually said when he was signing that Sancho would eventually take the LW spot off Rashford. Many posters on here thought he was going to have to stay on the right but I called it. Pity Sancho is such a busted flush because his most effective position is there to be taken now.
So, you're... Patting yourself on the back even though you were completely wrong? Interesting tactic.

RuudTom83

Lucky for him Hojlund (any of the attackers except McFire) aren’t not scoring so Rashford will still see plenty of minutes.

Plus Maguire and McTom have shown it is very much possibly to get back into the managers good books.

But I do wonder if Marcus will join Jadon in hoping for yet another clean slate a new manager would bring.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Him scoring 78 goals in the previous four seasons is a fact not an excuse.
78 goals in four seasons? You mean since he started playing for the first team, 8,5 seasons now, right?

Since 15/16 sesson:
253 PL games, 78 goals.
23 EFL Cup games, 14 goals.
31 FA Cup games, 8 goals.
EL 36 games, 13 goals.
33 CL games, 12 goals.

Total:
377 games, 125 goals in all comps.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

It wasn't from the Chelsea fans. We barely heard a peep out of them all night.

A couple of people sat near me were booing. But then 'Rashford is Red' was sung by the TRA and was a lot louder than the boos.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is not the first time he's sulking.

Lost bear

He’s had long periods like this under previous managers too.

klayton88

It's not just an effort thing. He's just not very bright when it comes to pressing or closing off space. You see other players bend their runs and push players onto a less preferred side. It's a huge in todays game
You're spot on with this. His half arsed press is a straight line which gives the player on the ball the option of either side. His pressing doesn't dictate play.

clarkydaz

Were boos audible on tv? i thought i heard an undercurrent at the game but assumed i was convincing myself of it :lol: