View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It's not just an effort thing. He's just not very bright when it comes to pressing or closing off space. You see other players bend their runs and push players onto a less preferred side. It's a huge in todays game
Always seen him as a braindead player. His talent bailed him out multiple times.

Flying_Heckfish

Does he though?! He's been crap for ages. Had a good season last year but rubbish for the 18 months previous. He's blown hot and cold for a good while now. It's no good showing flashes in dribs and drabs. The team showed tonight that we are currently a better unit without him.
In this team, yeah. Look at who our top scorer is this season - the bar for what constitutes a quality attacking player for Manchester United in 2023 is exceptionally low. If he played at even 75% of his peak capability, we wouldn't be having this conversation. But he isn't even bothered to do that.

thebelfastboy

Had an opportunity to come on at the end and work his ass off for 10 mins, to prove to ETH and everyone at Old Trafford that his heart & head is in the right place...

I watched every single other player bust an absolute gut tonight for the team, the fans and ETH; all over the park for 90mins.

For me, he showed tonight that his hearts not in it. Best for everyone if he moves on. Ta ra Marcus.

LInkash

I really don't get it. If he hasn't been listening to Ten Hag, why did Ten Hag keep playing him? Just hoping that he'd come good, is that it all boiled down to? Despite the entire team being ruined by Rashford, he put all his chips on him coming good?

Winrar

We're a better side without him currently, and most likely for the foreseeable future as well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can anyone who was at the game confirm how his reception was? I read some chanted Rashford is red but in another area it was more frosty with mild boos?

Tarrou

such a strange player, he’s either having borderline world-class seasons or looks depressed and can’t be arsed

fully deserves to be benched until he sorts himself out

croadyman

What kind of reception did he get when coming on as was out tonight and didn't see all of the game

CallyRed

Keep him wrapped up and ready for the FA Cup game against Wigan. Some opposition he might do well against.

Natener

He ain’t bothered when he ain’t the star of the show, simple as that.

Oscar Bonavena

Had an opportunity to come on at the end and work his ass off for 10 mins, to prove to ETH and everyone at Old Trafford that his heart & head is in the right place...

I watched every single other player bust an absolute gut tonight for the team, the fans and ETH; all over the park for 90mins.

For me, he showed tonight that his hearts not in it. Best for everyone if he moves on. Ta ra Marcus.
I can't see any club in Europe rich enough and stupid enough to sign him on his current wages and form, unless United were willing to offload him for a knock down price.

The Saudis might be interested in him because of his high profile and he'd be a good ambassador for their league, but I can't see Marcus voluntarily going there at his age.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If he doesn't like it here i hope we ship him off next summer

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Bizarre to see a player who has had one relatively consistent goal-scoring season in his entire career, and who has won a few minor cups while never being involved in a title race or extended Champions League run throwing an extended strop like this.

Belisarius

Yeah, he never went above a jog tonight even though guys around him who have played the full 90 were still putting everything they had into it. This is the first time I've thought he really might leave United. If ETH survives (big if I know) I think Marcus might be sold in the summer.

Belisarius

I really don't get it. If he hasn't been listening to Ten Hag, why did Ten Hag keep playing him? Just hoping that he'd come good, is that it all boiled down to? Despite the entire team being ruined by Rashford, he put all his chips on him coming good?
Tough one for the manager. The guys a local hero. Top scorer last year. Just signed a bumper new contract. If ETH benches him to early every time the team had a set-back everyone would blame it on him not playing Marcus. And you know all the ex-players in the media will all stick up for him and attack ETH. I think he's got the timing pretty well right in turns of keeping his coaching job. But, you're right the teams season might be better if he had sat Marcus sooner.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
People being drama queens as usual. Good player going through a rough patch. Nothing to more to it. He’ll come good again. Needs a spell on the bench that’s all. Competition for places is good. You want lots of viable options so your aren’t reliant on one player. His failure to fire this season has exposed what we all knew, that we were over reliant on his goals last season. A great opportunity for others to step up.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Rinse repeat like clock work and the cycle of mediocrity continues
Nonsense. Two years ago people were saying he was shit and should be sold, as he played through a back injury. Next season he scored 30 goals, fired us to our first trophy in 6 years, and was easily our player of the season. A bad start to the season later and people are back on the “he’s shit should be sold” bus. The only cycle here is the cycle of fickle stupidity from fans.

Vidooq

He is 26 years old, and too hot and cold for his career. Lukaku had a bad spell with us, but his body language was never down. He run his socks off to help the team win.

Marcus is not doing that. Sorry, but not putting the effort is not something I can agree with in any sphere of life. And this is not a player that was bought, so you can defend it by him not knowing the values of the club. This is the poster boy for Manchester United. Nah, sorry mate, off you go.

Pep, Fergie, would never tolerated this disinterested jogging on the field. And he is sulking for being taken off after the manger had trust in him for half a season. Dear me, he clearly can not read the room.

saik

Nonsense. Two years ago people were saying he was shit and should be sold, as he played through a back injury. Next season he scored 30 goals, fired us to our first trophy in 6 years, and was easily our player of the season. A bad start to the season later and people are back on the “he’s shit should be sold” bus. The only cycle here is the cycle of fickle stupidity from fans.
Like clockwork. What's the excuse this time around? A bad start which has extended until December now. People always try to come up with something to excuse Rashford. Boggles the mind.

What's the excuse for him not even breaking a sweat when he only had to play 10mins all the while his teammates were busting their gut even after playing the whole game?

Mr Smith

He is 26 years old, and too hot and cold for his career. Lukaku had a bad spell with us, but his body language was never down. He run his socks off to help the team win.

Marcus is not doing that. Sorry, but not putting the effort is not something I can agree with in any sphere of life. And this is not a player that was bought, so you can defend it by him not knowing the values of the club. This is the poster boy for Manchester United. Nah, sorry mate, off you go.

Pep, Fergie, would never tolerated this disinterested jogging on the field. And he is sulking for being taken off after the manger had trust in him for half a season. Dear me, he clearly can not read the room.
You have a short memory there my friend.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I've pretty much constantly defended him but that performance against Newcastle was completely unacceptable and removed a lot of benefit of doubt I'd given him for some of the sulky displays that preceded it and which were also evident during the Rangnick season.

He seems far too precious to me. Even tonight. You've been rightly called out by the fans and media for not trying hard enough in the last game, which is a cardinal sin for a professional athlete. The manager drops you. So if you get brought on you need to prove a point. He didn't even look interested. He looked like he was feeling sorry for himself about the whole thing.

I've got no doubt in his talent and what he can do when he's playing well, but he needs to stop behaving like a spoilt baby or like he thinks he's above having to work as hard as is team mates. He isn't Ronaldo, and even if he was, Ronaldo worked f*cking hard and revelled in criticism.

hobbers

‘Bad start’ is playing unimaginably shit with every single kick from August to December. While also acting like he holds his coaches and team mates and fans in contempt with all the feckless sulking and ball watching.

Hes a below average Premier league winger who game raised one season for a payday.

AR87

He isn't Ronaldo, and even if he was, Ronaldo worked f*cking hard and revelled in criticism.
And Ronaldo was clinical. If you don't want to do any defensive work then you need to be a consistent goal threat, every season. Rashford simply isn't at that level, and if he can't or won't do what's required defensively for the team then he's not a player the manager can afford to continue to indulge while he's not producing the goods in the attacking third.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He came on tonight and he jogged. As a Rashford fan who wants to see him find his form again I was so disappointed. I wanted to see him trying to prove a point. He didn't. End of...

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
This thread is rough reading for anyone who still thinks redemption for MR is a possibility. I want him to regain form/interest as much as anyone. He got a new hairdo. Bruno giving him the penalty was interesting. Shows that the narrative inside the camp must be about confidence, flipping the switch, fragility, etc. The guy is not that smart, as others have mentioned. But I think he also has problems. I’m sorry if that’s the case, but the manager can’t afford to wait any longer for his season to turn around.

croadyman

We could be so much better off if we sold him and Sancho for a combined £100m, and actually invested it in players who improved us. Not to mention also removing Martial. The combined wages would be huge too. We'd be rid of three of the laziest bellends the club has ever had, and benefit massively financially.
Yeah wish we could sell in January,safe to say @simonhch is in the minority with believing he will win the fans back over. Clearly that lack of running in last two games is not an issue with him

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
People being drama queens as usual. Good player going through a rough patch.
No white text?

He had one 'patch' and that was his purple patch last season. He's a mediocre player, who used to at least try hard, but nowadays even that isn't there anymore.

Andersonson

Going through a bad bad time, but I think ETH will sort him out. ETH gotta see something in him since he hasnt been dropped until now and he even came on. I've not given up on him, there is a top player there and our manager will get that out of him

lex talionis

Something off the pitch has gotten into MR’s head. Maybe girlfriend problems…who knows? But his deterioration is well beyond a mere blip.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
He was rested midweek before Newcastle.
I meant the fatigue after being played non-stop last season. The entire 'Pool team had a similar drop off last season after an hectic season where they went for all the trophies; and the last one was even more brutal with a mid-season World Cup.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Going through a bad bad time, but I think ETH will sort him out. ETH gotta see something in him since he hasnt been dropped until now and he even came on. I've not given up on him, there is a top player there and our manager will get that out of him
I don't know if it'll be ETH or someone else but I am of the same belief that he'll back soon enough. It's good that the Garnacho is giving good performances starting games now. I think Rashford will find form again with a little bit of rest and a little more competition for his position