View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

jem

The remit should be that Hojlund gets the ball to him, not the other way around. You set up your team to get your stars to perform - the stars of this team are Bruno and Rashford and we are currently compromising both of them in favour of McTominay and Hojlund, neither of whom have yet shown anything to demonstrate that they should have a team built around them.
And what has Rashford shown, outside of a brief, 3-month purple patch last season, to merit having a team built around him? To be honest, Rashford's 2022-23 season wasn't much better than Martial'ls 2019-20 season (if at all), and I never recall anyone saying we should build around Martial.

Cloud7

Did he start the match injured? There were a few moments where he was in a situation where I know he has the capacity to outpace the other player but he didn't

edgecutter

I've shit on him for weeks, but when he shows some desire he can be useful. Let's hope there is some consistency.

Swiss_Red89

Best he has played for ages in terms of decision making, commitmend, workrate etc.
That's the Rashford version that made him a fan favorit.
If he played like that every game, the fans would forgive him for his inconsistence.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Back in the 11 and we create chances

DavelinaJolie

Best game in a long while for him. After the petulence in the first half he worked hard and looked dangerous going forward.

Biggins

We all know his deficiencies but we look better in attack when he is on the pitch.

Rodgerzzz

Looked like he gave a shit tonight which is a remarkable turnaround from where he was a few weeks ago, maybe the stint on the bench gave him the clarity he needed.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hopefully this is a sign that he's coming into some form.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm usually one of the first to pile on him for his lack of effort so I'll be one of the first to praise him for putting in a shift.

Someone

Something
Looks to be returning to form. Having him on the left and Garnacho on the right made us difficult to deal with today. Would hate it if he's injured.

JohnyBuckets

Having him on the left will bring out the best of him. Todays starting front 3 need to play everymatch. Having Shaw-Rashford on that left hand side, will be great for the team.

KranjskaKlobasa

Did he start the match injured? There were a few moments where he was in a situation where I know he has the capacity to outpace the other player but he didn't
He was holding his back a few times which is usually not a good sign with his injury history.

Von Mistelroum

Hope this is the start of things to come, and not just Rashford finally bothering to work hard in front of the new owners, which won't last... Fingers crossed!

GMoore23

One good performance doesn’t excuse his severe lack of effort all season.
He has to work hard every game.

Ekeke

Was lively and wanted a goal, some good breaks down the left and some intent in getting his shots away. Certainly one of our highlights from a poor first half. Made the chances for Garnacho's offside goal and his first goal as well - Rashford isnt usually one of our more creative players for others, but today he managed to do that whilst also having several attempts to get on the scoresheet himself.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Shock that when the new ownership was watching he put his biggest shift in all season.

Still not good enough from our top earner, but far improved from what he's been serving up recently.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Overall, good performance. Made some clever runs in behind.

One thing that did disappoint me was when we scored the winner, there was no reaction from him as he walked down the tunnel with his head down. Maybe he was upset about picking up an injury but to me it looks like he's fallen out of love with the game. It was not the reaction you'd expect from a boyhood United fan from Manchester.

always_hoping

One of his better matches tonight, if and it's a big if he can get his head sorted he'll be a very useful addition for the rest of the season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Still a frustrating game with some poor decisions but I can live with it when he’s playing with desire and energy like today. He’s also clearly got the best movement in our front line, one of the few players who with run off the shoulder all day long. Would love this front three to pick up abit of momentum because that’s what we need to kickstart our season!

Doracle

He just needs one of these 'kick and chase' moves to come off and he'll be back. Euros will see a different Marcus.
Devastating tonight and if we get the rest of the team playing well, he is the difference maker.

He’s also so comfortable now getting those low crosses in on his left foot. Makes a huge difference to our team because he is the only winger who can cut in or get to the dead ball line. Very hard for defenders to read.

redshaw

The Villa tactics suited us but I could see he was chasing down and looking to pass early on. Maybe whatever issues he had have been eased somewhat. Maybe a bit of a reset behind the scenes and going through our broken attack, we'll see.