View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Hammondo

He was more bad than he was good, but it was an improvement, but he still does so much stupid stuff and ruined our possession so many times.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don't know what game you lot watched, he did well, got at least one assist, and showed a lot more fight and spirit than in previous weeks. You don't have to like him, it's even fair if you want to sell him , but I don't get why you feel the need to pretend he didn't play well.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think it's a bit weird to give Rashford stick for passing for the first goal - instead of being selfish he went for the better option as Garnacho was in a much better position to score (which he did).

He has to trust that his teammate will keep himself onside - that's not on Rashford.
It was a really nice pass too. I didn’t see the game live so I’m not sure what his workrate was like but I rolled my eyes when I saw him starting and saw we were 2 down. I’m really happy for the lads. Hopefully a corner turned and the attacking unit begins to flourish from here on out. They really didn’t look like they’ve been enjoying playing with each other up to now. Maybe this will galvanise them

Hammondo

I don't know what game you lot watched, he did well, got at least one assist, and showed a lot more fight and spirit than in previous weeks. You don't have to like him, it's even fair if you want to sell him , but I don't get why you feel the need to pretend he didn't play well.
I would say then that your standards are very very low.

criticalanalysis

I think it's a bit weird to give Rashford stick for passing for the first goal - instead of being selfish he went for the better option as Garnacho was in a much better position to score (which he did).

He has to trust that his teammate will keep himself onside - that's not on Rashford.
It was a well intentioned ball but with odd timing, hence the criticism. A square ball across goal is always a high probability chance but in that area of the pitch where there was more space to run ahead, it was played too early. As you are further away from goal, it means more unpredictable elements like the receiver needing to take more touches and of course not being in the right position i.e offside or not being able to take a shot or in stride first time.

It's not a big criticism as it shows a bit of progressive play for Rashford, which is much needed after his disastrous form thus far this season.

Andersons Dietician

It was a well intentioned ball but with odd timing, hence the criticism.
Got to agree with this, for so long many have wanted him to pass to people in better positions and more often than not recently he seems to pass when he should take the shot on and take a shot on when he should pass but that one yesterday. His man is beaten with acres in front of him. Even if he doesn’t intend to run in and take the shot on you would think the highest percentage chance of goal is for him to carry the ball forward further drawing the keeper out then playing the pass across to Garnacho or Rasmus. It’s great that he did pass it but just surprising he did it when he did which was too early.

Did show a massive improvement for me yesterday in terms of his application and attitude but the way Villa played was Taylor made for him so hopefully he kicks on from this and it wasn’t just right place right time.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It was a really nice pass too. I didn’t see the game live so I’m not sure what his workrate was like but I rolled my eyes when I saw him starting and saw we were 2 down. I’m really happy for the lads. Hopefully a corner turned and the attacking unit begins to flourish from here on out. They really didn’t look like they’ve been enjoying playing with each other up to now. Maybe this will galvanise them
He played well. Best he’s played in ages. Gave a much needed reminder that he is actually a very good footballer when the mood takes him.

criticalanalysis

Got to agree with this, for so long many have wanted him to pass to people in better positions and more often than not recently he seems to pass when he should take the shot on and take a shot on when he should pass but that one yesterday. His man is beaten with acres in front of him. Even if he doesn’t intend to run in and take the shot on you would think the highest percentage chance of goal is for him to carry the ball forward further drawing the keeper out then playing the pass across to Garnacho or Rasmus. It’s great that he did pass it but just surprising he did it when he did which was too early.

Did show a massive improvement for me yesterday in terms of his application and attitude but the way Villa played was Taylor made for him so hopefully he kicks on from this and it wasn’t just right place right time.
Yes exactly. Obviously none of us want to be too critical but the right play is always to drive towards goal to get the keeper to come out, who will try to then protect his near post before squaring across goal. His pass for Garnacho's first goal is a better example of the areas of where it's more opportune to play the ball first time.

The more he and Garnacho do this, the more easier chances Hojlund can get.

jem

Yeah I thought it was a very encouraging performance. I was annoyed when he pulled out of that challenge with Martinez (and ended up getting hurt anyway,) but other than that, I thought he played very well.

jem

Another great aspect about a fit and firing Rashford is that he's actually capable of using his weaker foot to get a pass/cross in. This makes him infinitely less predictable and a real handful for the fullback to deal with.

TwoSheds

Yeah I thought it was a very encouraging performance. I was annoyed when he pulled out of that challenge with Martinez (and ended up getting hurt anyway,) but other than that, I thought he played very well.
I didn't have an issue with it, Martinez was getting there first anyway and he was trying not to get his ankles broken (his feet were planted as Martinez was coming in so he had to jump). He's frequently slightly too soft in the challenge but I don't think this was one of those times.

RedOrange

He was effective because Villa played with a high line and he got chances to attack their back line in space on the counter. He is fantastic at this.

He is total shite against a set up defence, so he'll look awful again the next time the opponent sits deep.

TwoSheds

He was effective because Villa played with a high line and he got chances to attack their back line in space on the counter. He is fantastic at this.

He is total shite against a set up defence, so he'll look awful again the next time the opponent sits deep.
That may or may not be true. It is however completely irrelevant as to whether he played well or not against Villa.

Lost bear

He played well. Best he’s played in ages. Gave a much needed reminder that he is actually a very good footballer when the mood takes him.
He played well, but there was nothing great about what he did. As others have pointed out, his decision-making processes are frankly opaque. I was pleased to see some effort from him, though I missed the live game so am judging off highlights. We can only hope he now continues to improve.

Glorio

Good thing no teams respect us enough to sit deep these days! :lol:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He was more bad than he was good, but it was an improvement, but he still does so much stupid stuff and ruined our possession so many times.
Even when he plays well he breaks down the attack alot.
In a team that's fully firing he'll do well and his flaws can be allowed and covered for.

As a main focal point he'll fail.

His head seemed better but he's getting no compliments from me on that. It's a bare minimum requirement to work hard and try.

Glorio

He played well, but there was nothing great about what he did. As others have pointed out, his decision-making processes are frankly opaque. I was pleased to see some effort from him, though I missed the live game so am judging off highlights. We can only hope he now continues to improve.
Perhaps watch the game. There are many things highlights won't capture, like his interception/takedown in one movement and straight after, proceeding to open the game up with 2 quick fire incisive passes, all in the same 5 or so seconds. Those are things I don't even expect from an in-form Rashford.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Best game in a while. Play him left with Garnacho right. Rashford actually laid it on for Garnacho rather then shooting which he normally does.

Glorio

I think it was a very good performance and for the first time in years, we had a genuine threat on both wings.
Thing with Rashford though, is I don't trust him after the past few years. He seems to pack it in once the going gets tough, and I know it's probably a false narrative, but he actually only appears to play well when there's personal gain involved. Coincidence? I don't know. He definitely seems to require some form of extrinsic stimulus to perform, which I don't expect from a local boy.

For instance, it is a bit annoying to see a United player try a lot more for England, which I think is driven by the absence of guaranteed game time. Hopefully the development of Garnacho (and if Amad can become a serious factor on the right-hand side) will keep him on his toes. It's a shame Sancho turned out to be a wet blanket.

Oranges038

It was one of his best all round performances for a long long time. Didn't do anything spectacular but his all round work rate and game play was the total opposite of what it's been all season.

Lost bear

Perhaps watch the game. There are many things highlights won't capture, like his interception/takedown in one movement and straight after, proceeding to open the game up with 2 quick fire incisive passes, all in the same 5 or so seconds. Those are things I don't even expect from an in-form Rashford.
Fair point. That’s why I mentioned I had not viewed the full game. Interesting, though- thanks.

Borninthe80ts

If he can use this as a catalyst to better performances and goals I’ll be happy for him. Kept it simple when needed. I still think he has some sort of physical discomfort but hopefully we can manage him throughout the rest of the season.

Chinchy98

Goal aside, another awful display.
This is his Mean performance. He has some unreal purple patches but it’s too infrequent.

not the top of the pile to go, but if a big offer comes in, I’d be inclined to take it

Cloud7

It's good to see that regardless of his form, his instinctive finishing hasn't abandoned him. That was always one of his strongest traits

Oranges038

Scored a goal.

Did absolutely shag all else because he didn't have 40 yards of space to run into.

Stretfordender

Marcus Rashford is not a man united player. Convince yourselves all you like with your shite low standards, however he’s crap and everything that is wrong on the pitch

MattofManchester

Good goal. Awful game.

Should never play CF. Ever. Like, never ever ever.

He doesn't head the ball, doesn't make space. He likes to run in behind and that's it.
Anybody else, but him should play CF.

Doracle

Took his goal very well. Kept things fairly simple. Didn't do anything special, didn't feck up many attacks at all. Don't think he was the reason we didn't look like creating any chances
Agreed. A couple of braindead moments (the backheel at the start of the second half was a very bad choice) but did ok and a nice goal. Not having him left wing really hurt us, as he’d have done a lot more with the space there than Garnacho managed.

klayton88

I cannot wait to see the back of this bang average footballer. Everything about him stinks.