View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

clarkydaz

He looks to have got past whatever was the problem in November/early December when his form/confidence completely nosedived. I’m hoping he will kick on from here now and ETH will keep him LW.

8 GA now. I think he should be targeting 25 GA total from here - so effectively doubling his first half of the season output. If he can do that (which will also need the rest of the team to look competent as well!) that should see us end the season strongly.
Theres a new regime at the club looking at him now, hopefully they stick to sporting judgements and not pin up value

tothetop96

Is that based on scoring a goal? If he didn’t score there’d be no masking the shocker he had. Body language is foul and effort is beyond poor. Shouldn’t be allowed game after game.
Did he not score the goal or what? He by no means had a shocker. Very weird reactions on here

The fact that people are banging on about one back heel which could have gotten to Bruno if he continued his run just shows the agenda people have against him.

Someone else going on about how he just tries the low percentage stuff because of his ego, after a game where he almost exclusively chose high percentage passes and plays and pressed well.

I was in Old Trafford for the game against Luton and he absolutely played no worse than anybody else, but every time he did something that didn't come off you could just hear moaning around you, but when another player did something similar or worse there was nothing.

Like I said, some might as well just come out and say they despise him. If there are legitimate grievances people should focus on those instead of chatting muck

Last edited:

Doracle

I'd take 50m for him if psg want after selling mbappe. He signifies everything that is wrong with this club.

A talented boy who broke the scenes, mismanaged with high expectations. Fast forward 300 odd appearances, one of the senior guys on one of the premier leagues highest wages and looks like he's worth 1% of that. He scored a burst of goals last season but other than that, in 3 years has done nothing but bring false hope to people like me, who have tried to see the potential. Its just too late with him, we forgot to teach him how to make decisions on the pitch.
You think a player, primarily playing LW, with 49 GA in their last 80 matches is worth £3,500 per week? How much would you think Martinelli is worth out of curiosity - £2,000 a week? 28 GA in 68 games playing for an on fire Arsenal team in the same period.

Rashford gets virtually no rest, no support and primarily plays with other forwards who are utter trash in comparison to every other top 10 premier league club. Oh, and our manager has also decided randomly to play a formation that removes all control in midfield. Somehow people are still in this thread thinking he’s the problem.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
He just has this lack of intensity like he doesn't really give that much of a feck if we lose or not. It's terrible to have that as an example from one of your star players. Even when he does press, I never actually get the impression he actually wants to get the ball back, which is in stark contrast to similar status players in the league. You're not gonna win f all with that attitude, it's basic stuff. Shame because I think he has a really high ceiling but we only see it when its contract time. It's pretty reprehensible, truth be told.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You think a player, primarily playing LW, with 49 GA in their last 80 matches is worth £3,500 per week? How much would you think Martinelli is worth out of curiosity - £2,000 a week? 28 GA in 68 games playing for an on fire Arsenal team in the same period.

Rashford gets virtually no rest, no support and primarily plays with other forwards who are utter trash in comparison to every other top 10 premier league club. Oh, and our manager has also decided randomly to play a formation that removes all control in midfield. Somehow people are still in this thread thinking he’s the problem.
Then you also look at the incredible barren streaks that the popular darlings Kvaratskhelia and Leão have been on at various times in 2023 too.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Need to move him in and sign a hard working 20 million winger who’s on their second contract hungry to be successful. Get rid of the high earners give me good technical players

Piskin

Need to move him in and sign a hard working 20 million winger who’s on their second contract hungry to be successful. Get rid of the high earners give me good technical players
Spot on...

Doracle

Could we perhaps buy that £20m wunderkind to play right wing and keep Rashford/Garnacho to cover the LW? Which player to you have in mind incidentally at that price who you think will be putting in 30/40GA seasons in the next couple of years?

Frank Grimes

That backheel the other day was genuinely up there with the stupidest things I've ever seen a professional player do. It was like he had no idea what to do so thought 'feck it maybe something will happen if I do this'.

Piskin

That backheel the other day was genuinely up there with the stupidest things I've ever seen a professional player do. It was like he had no idea what to do so thought 'feck it maybe something will happen if I do this'.
Final straw for me

MrBest

I missed this response.

The 49 from 80 was driven by a purple patch last year. 30 goals was great, but how many times has 26 year old Rashford gotten near that number? I also remember Kevin Philips banging 30 prem goals, I wouldn't have given him 350k in today's wages.

I'd drop the petty attack on the 10%, it's merely a throw out statement, I really didn't think anyone would get so offended by that, guess I was wrong. Of course he deserves more than 3.5k a week, perhaps 5k a week on this year's effort.:)

I agree about rest, as I said, he has been mismanaged by our club since he broke on the scenes. I've always supported him (check my post), I've always waited for the guy I thought would be, to materialise. But let's get to facts. If you drop the 49 out of 80 bullet point, what does he actually do on the pitch, keep in mind, we are supposedly a top club and this modern football. Does he track back? Does he run? Can he beat a man? I think he has moments. His moments comes every few years and everything in-between is sub standard. I honestly believe that since he got a hip injury under Ole ( was Feb jist before covid), he has been a shadow of his former self. He is simply not good enough for this club, its time to move and and nto be so emotionally attached.

I also agree that our midfield does not help but rashford sees plenty of the ball and has the opportunity to produce. This year he has been hugely wasteful.

You don't have to agree with me, but what I see right now is someone who does not want to be here, is massively overpaid and based on current form and performances, wouldn't even get in Wrexhams first team (again dont take so literally mate).

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Could we perhaps buy that £20m wunderkind to play right wing and keep Rashford/Garnacho to cover the LW? Which player to you have in mind incidentally at that price who you think will be putting in 30/40GA seasons in the next couple of years?
Don't need a player with that output. You want several players with 10-20 each. The reason why Arsenal were competitive last season was because they brought in Trossard. Liverpool are competitive because they have like 6 forwards. Before Haaland City players were sharing the load. Obviously it's great to have a Harry Kane or 3 month out of a year in form Rashford but it's not something you can build and rely upon. You'd rather want that team of players contributing and then add Haaland too it.

clarkydaz

Just glad he didnt point to his head after it

Doracle

Don't need a player with that output. You want several players with 10-20 each. The reason why Arsenal were competitive last season was because they brought in Trossard. Liverpool are competitive because they have like 6 forwards. Before Haaland City players were sharing the load. Obviously it's great to have a Harry Kane or 3 month out of a year in form Rashford but it's not something you can build and rely upon. You'd rather want that team of players contributing and then add Haaland too it.
Sure, I’d still keep the guy who has over 20+ GA in multiple seasons and see if maybe, just maybe, he might be even better if we got those other players contributing 10-15 which we can apparently easily find.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Sure, I’d still keep the guy who has over 20+ GA in multiple seasons and see if maybe, just maybe, he might be even better if we got those other players contributing 10-15 which we can apparently easily find.
Yeah. We want a couple of those players. Hopefully Diallo can become one but currently we have maybe Bruno and Rashford and a few promising players that can get there but that's too many ifs.

Lost bear

Did he not score the goal or what? He by no means had a shocker. Very weird reactions on here

The fact that people are banging on about one back heel which could have gotten to Bruno if he continued his run just shows the agenda people have against him.

Someone else going on about how he just tries the low percentage stuff because of his ego, after a game where he almost exclusively chose high percentage passes and plays and pressed well.

I was in Old Trafford for the game against Luton and he absolutely played no worse than anybody else, but every time he did something that didn't come off you could just hear moaning around you, but when another player did something similar or worse there was nothing.

Like I said, some might as well just come out and say they despise him. If there are legitimate grievances people should focus on those instead of chatting muck
I have no ‘agenda’ at all with respect to Rashford. I think I have a balanced enough view on his contributions based on watching him play. On the basis of my observations, I’d like to see him moved on.

He often does not appear to play like he means it, to coin the phrase. He doesn’t try very hard, he goes through the motions in his pressing duties, and his decision making regarding when to pass and when to shoot is usually lamentably poor.

He has gone through a few phases of scoring great goals, and yes, he took his goal well against Forest. But these phases are very infrequent, and in my view are not nearly enough for him to form the central thrust of our attack.

I am not sure whether he is egotistical as a player, or suffers from some clinical depressive condition. All in all, if we are to revive our fortunes as an elite club, we need a better- much better- quality of attacker. I don’t ‘hate’ Marcus, in fact I used to like and respect him for his political stances. But like many others, I’ve had enough.

Leethal

Needs to be moved on. For both United and Rashford’s sake. Too inconsistent, hot and cold, unreliable and can’t be trusted. Doesn’t have 7/10 games. It’s either 9/10 or 2/10.

Wilt

Needs to be moved on. For both United and Rashford’s sake. Too inconsistent, hot and cold, unreliable and can’t be trusted. Doesn’t have 7/10 games. It’s either 9/10 or 2/10.
He won‘t be going anywhere ….who’ll match his wages?

Bondi77

Watched some fairly recent training video on website and did not see Marcus training.....possibly being rested or picked up an injury maybe??

Bobski

That second half is some of the most inept wing play you will see, complete lack of awareness of his teammates, constantly running dangerous attacks into nothing, no decisiveness at all.

Based Adnan

Incredibly low IQ football player

Just have to hope Ineos recognize we won't go anywhere with him in the team sooner rather than later

Marwood

Poor.

Rashford's entire problem is doing everything too slowly. Wanting too many touches.

It's been sneaking into his game for years and is now a real problem.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think that he had shown some promise in the first half but he was simply disastrous after the break.

Abhinav

If the new leadership has any intent, the first thing they will do is sell the likes of Marcus Rashford. A player on 350K cannot be allowed to play well in one season and be rubbish the next. Even in the seasons he has played well in, his all round game has not been great. I would argue his game has stagnated over the last 3 years. Need to get a decent fee for him and get someone with genuine quality and good attitude in.

Oranges038

Poor.

Rashford's entire problem is doing everything too slowly. Wanting too many touches.

It's been sneaking into his game for years and is now a real problem.
He slows down everything that comes to him.
That standing leg twitch thing is possibly even more infuriating than Antony's 360 spin.

Ekeke

Go left, delay, delay, delay, delay, kick ball straight at defender or lose it

Go inside, shoot straight at defender, straight at the keeper or at the corner flag

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We need to move him on. I don't have anything against him but if we are to start afresh, we can't have players like this on nearly 400k a week.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His touch and dribbling when he's off-form is so bad. Just looks so awkward he's trying to dribble past players

Marwood

He slows down everything that comes to him.
That standing leg twitch thing is possibly even more infuriating than Antony's 360 spin.
I can only put it down to attitude/ego. Thinks the game should be played at his pace.

Irwin99

Well, at least the numbers are getting better- another assist to the tally. Concentrate on the positives and all.