View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Swiss_Red89

Good in the first half. Back to his poor 23/24 version in the second.

At least third goal contribution in a row.

glasgow 21

Rashford needs to go. He just doesn't enjoy playing for us and seems on the same career treadmill as Martial. Time for some other club to have a go.

TheReligion

Abusive
Poor.

Rashford's entire problem is doing everything too slowly. Wanting too many touches.

It's been sneaking into his game for years and is now a real problem.
Totally agree with that tonight. My issue is, when he does up the intensity (which he can do) he can be great.

He was far too slow and stop/start tonight. Then he dropped the shoulder in the first half, cut inside and hit it… he can do it. Why does he dither?

RedRJ

Infuriating player who never seems to make the right decision. Garnacho looks far more effective.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rashford's decision making is not acceptable for a player of his experience.

He has been playing in the Manchester United first team since 2016. I don't care who the coach is. After scores of matches you must have developed enough awareness to know when to try and run your man, as well as when to put the ball in the box.

The amount of times he either runs the ball out of play, or risks it, because he's determined to try and get around the man when there's no space...

Even when he did make space for himself his shooting was abysmal. I remember watching Rooney at the start of 2010/11 and being stunned by the drop off. Rashford's is similarly bad. Hopefully he can recover as well as Rooney did that season. Although you wouldn't bet on it, would you?

iHicksy

8 years he's been playing as a starting first team player. Looks like a championship player. He's been good for half a season last year. Sell him to PSG.

Roux

The Marcus Rashford roulette game... how many step overs will he do before he inevitably sends the ball out of play???

Paddymcc

I can't see Ineos letting someone on 350k / week put in such abject performances if they are serious about turning things around.

He wanted the contract thus he has a large target on his back of his own making and at the minute his not justifying a penny of it.

He's only getting in the team at the moment due to the state of the squad and hes the least worst option which is a pity as I'd rather see Garnacho on the left.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
There is plenty of time to pick on Rashford this year, but I don't think today is one of those days. Their keeper had the game of his life tonight along with a little luck from the post/bar. On another day not only does Rashford score a few, but so does everyone else. In fact, I thought our entire attacked played really well tonight and the only player better than them was Tommy Tickles in the goal (not sure if that's his first name, but I hope it is).

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
It's ridiculous, all he wants to do is stop, cut in and shoot. Zero vision and awareness, head down and run.
I think it’s a mental/intelligence thing with him… either him or his entourage think he’s some world class player based on last season and he hasn’t got the nous to know when to take a man on, when to cross, when to pass, when to shoot. That’s also a bit on Ten Hag to coach him (or drop him).

When we‘ve got Hojlund, we don’t need inside forwards from both sides, we need width and crosses at times as well (we also need Bruno to find his form and passing).

I‘d try Antony left but when? Tonight would have been an opportunity… do it next round. It either has some legs or it’s crap, change it, we’ll still win anyway.

redshaw

Still looks resigned and sulky.

I'm wondering why he signed a new deal if he doesn't want to play 100%.

ClassAct147

Forgotten how to beat a defender. Just bumbles along and hopes for the best.
Couldn't outwit my granny now.

MiracleInMadrid

Rashford needs to go. He just doesn't enjoy playing for us and seems on the same career treadmill as Martial. Time for some other club to have a go.
I like this way of looking at it.

In addition, it’s time for someone else to have his spot in the team. He’s pair far too much and gets way too many minutes, performing the way he does.

Clean the slate. Move him on. It’s a shame it didn’t work out, but right now the club and him are wasting each others time.

youngrell

Poor.

Rashford's entire problem is doing everything too slowly. Wanting too many touches.

It's been sneaking into his game for years and is now a real problem.
When will he realise standing still and trying to feint does not work vs literally anyone? Infuriating to watch someone with so much athletic ability walking about and standing still as often as he does.

TheLittleOne

I think it’s a mental/intelligence thing with him… either him or his entourage think he’s some world class player based on last season and he hasn’t got the nous to know when to take a man on, when to cross, when to pass, when to shoot. That’s also a bit on Ten Hag to coach him (or drop him).

When we‘ve got Hojlund, we don’t need inside forwards from both sides, we need width and crosses at times as well (we also need Bruno to find his form and passing).

I‘d try Antony left but when? Tonight would have been an opportunity… do it next round. It either has some legs or it’s crap, change it, we’ll still win anyway.
The only thing hes good at is running behind defenders, thanks to his speed and athleticism and having a good,strong shot. Everthing else he is average at best. Cant dribble from a stand still, tries to shot from impossible angles and with 2-3 players in front of him, sulking and no effort. Been saying for years he clearly bought into his hype which is not only his fault since hes been hyped up and overpayed since he was a teen. Hard to stay grounded, especially living in a bubble with people just like that around you. Was obvious at least since he weared that Rashy necklace. Infuriating player, could have been so much better with the right attitude and environment.

Oranges038

Aye, said this before, this is exactly the reason SAF got rid of Ruud. Hojlund is the wrong profile of striker for these wingers. I'd put Antony on the left and Garnacho on the right, or at least try it.

Rashford is just so so poor and makes way too many bad decisions, constantly taking the wrong option and yes that comes down to in game intelligence. 7 years now and he's still doing the same stupid shit over and over.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Worse player on the team. Couldn’t score past a league 1 team. Which is his standards currently

Born2Lose

The embodiment of the complete lack of standards at the club since SAF left. If he can't even be motivated to stat pad anymore then that's a new low even for him.

Still looks resigned and sulky.

I'm wondering why he signed a new deal if he doesn't want to play 100%.
Because no other clubs will offer dossers like him and Sancho stupid money.

KjaAnd

So frustrating to watch. He has this total lack of intensity both off and on the ball. He’s at his best when he runs in behind or receives the ball and instantly runs at his FB. One dribble either way and cross/shoot, that should be his instruction. Instead, he stops up, does weird flicks or dribbles into dead ends.

Bobski

So frustrating to watch. He has this total lack of intensity both off and on the ball. He’s at his best when he runs in behind or receives the ball and instantly runs at his FB. One dribble either way and cross/shoot, that should be his instruction. Instead, he stops up, does weird flicks or dribbles into dead ends.
Massive contract with Garnacho tonight who was direct, penetrative and decisive in what he was trying to do, he kept needlessly over complicating things instead of just getting a ball across.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I swear he used to be able to dribble

sammyhol

Fairly getting a lot of stick… his overall play is crap.

But it’s nothing new. He was always bad at the stuff he is doing poorly this year.

He is an incredibly 1 dimensional player.

BUT… that one dimension still for me makes him out most dangerous attacker when deployed properly.

Left of a front 3… playing on the shoulder in the channel… with and overlapping fullback. That is the only way he can be played.

Hugging the touch line, with an underlapping/midfielder-hybrid full back, getting involved in build… he is always going to look crap.

Red00012

Some poster commented on how he looks interested tonight. That’s all that required these days for Rashford
I’d nearly be ok with Liverpool taking Mbappe if it meant we could send Rashford to PSG . He’s an embarrassment, born and bred Manc my fecking arse he couldn’t give a toss .

kaku06

Not just based on this game but overall he epitomises everything that’s wrong with this club. Overhyped overpaid English media darling, a lazy player on massive mages with a stinking attitude and low footballing iq who is an academy graduate by the way which means he must be giving everything on the pitch for the badge. Right? No, quite the opposite where he doesn’t work hard and plays like he doesn’t give a shit. We made him the poster boy, the face of the club and he has milked United to build his own brand and catapult his own image. Now known more for his exploits off the field than on it whilst collecting his weekly £350k wages from united.