View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

RikRuud

Cut in, hit a shot as hard as he can into the defender 1 yard in front of him. Rinse and repeat for 90 mins.

TrailMonkey

Despite his wastefulness, tonight was one of his better performances in recent months. Most likely due to the oppo's position in the league.

Infuriating for sure, but occasionally he was direct and caused a bit of chaos with his shooting/crossing. On another day, we might have scored 1 or 2 goals as a result. Either way, he showed more progression and attacking intent than Antony ever would.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The feck happened to this guy.
And it's not the first time I posted that either.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His main weapon is being in the half space on the left and cutting in and shooting, which he's strong at, and the potential for goals is there. But his lack of intensity and commitment to the cause is clear to see imo, and I think if we sold him and replaced him with a player with high potential, then that would benefit us as a team.

I don't believe Rashford carries out the instructions of the coach. And I also don't believe it has anything to do with him getting paid a lot, because as a footballer you have to have the hunger and desire to give it your all on the pitch, which he clearly doesn't do imo.

Swiss_Red89

Thought he had a pretty decent first half. I felt he was one of our liveliest players.

Second; however, was very poor.
Same here.
First half promising. Looked like scoring. Second half disappointing. Got rightfully called out by the ITV Pundits.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Thought he had a pretty decent first half. I felt he was one of our liveliest players.

Yes. Agreed. Some ok moments in the second half but generally much more sloppy than the first. Which seemed to be the theme for our team overall.

Criticism in this thread is wildly overblown.

OL29

Yeah he looked dangerous in the first half, unfortunately his head seems to drop after a couple of poor touches. I understand the criticism but I expect we’ll persist with this front three for the rest of the season so I’m hoping he can at least provide some productivity even if his overall performances aren’t up to scratch.

RedIan

Rashford is a player crippled by low confidence. I didnt think he was as awful as is being made out today. Got the assist, a good shot the keeper spilled that almost went in. A few decent dribbles and crosses. Not great but not as terrible as being spouted.
His insistence on standing still with the ball for seconds instead of driving passed defenders as Garnacho does is frustrating.

Bertie Wooster

Found him very frustrating tonight (not for the first time, obviously).

He clearly was so much better than the Wigan defenders, and had so many opportunities to hurt them. He did come close once or twice, but it all felt very lackadaisical - like he was playing in an exhibition match were he never got out of second gear. It felt like if he'd actually wanted to, he could have stepped it up and hurt them far more.

Delano

I've noticed it for a while, but he runs like he's terrified of being injured.

I don't know if it's his back or a muscle issue but his movement is nowhere near as fluid as it used to be.

TysonFury

I thought he was better tonight, although given the opposition wasn’t the best. Spurs game will be more telling, I think he can cause them real problems especially with the high line they like to play. The only slight issue I have with him is that he seems to think he is Messi, he keeps trying to dribble past everyone, it gets frustrating after a while

Jeffthered

This player needs coaching, because his game is predictable and limited. Look how he struggled against Wigan Athletic.

His ego has the better of him, he's not anywhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Last season he played centre-forward, dominated the front line, scoring headers, tap-ins.

He's an average forward now. On £350k a week.

I see him at Bayern or Barca. They can have him.

The Oracle

Rashford pulled out of a challenge in the first few minutes of the match, and Wigan broke away and nearly scored – all while Rashford just jogged back. Ally McCoist even called it out on commentary saying, “He’s just pulled out of a challenge”.

There was also a moment in the first half where we had a corner and Rashford was near the bye-line near the side edge of the box, and the corner was whipped in over Rashford and was headed clear to an unmarked Wigan player on the outside of the box, and I remember thinking, “How has Rashford not read the potential of that situation happening?”
Maybe it was his low football IQ showing?

I’m not even going to mention his performance in the second half.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's been one dimensional for years and the criticism towards him isn't just over the game today but his general level over several years, where people point to goals and assists to give him a pass.

Hojlund missed chances which he could've scored from, but his effort and commitment has never been questioned. And for a 20 year old striker, I believe he will come good for us. Rashford on the other hand is a player so accustomed to playing on the counter attack with minimal defensive responsibility due to the block of 6 behind him, that he seems to be having a problem doing the bare minimum out of possession under the coaching of Erik ten Hag. We can't carry on appeasing Rashford and playing to his strengths on the counter, where he thrives running in-behind high defensive lines. We have to eventually start being more proactive in our play, which means Rashford is absolutely required to apply pressure to a high level in coordination with his team mates out of possession and show more variety in his play. I don't think he has more variation in his play and I feel if we want a more unpredictable front line, then we need a different profile of wide attacking threat who has the ability to play on either side. The excuses that are made for Rashford when playing on the right flank are also another reason why we should look to improve upon him imo, and sign someone who provides more versatility and pace.

Hammondo

This player needs coaching, because his game is predictable and limited. Look how he struggled against Wigan Athletic.

His ego has the better of him, he's not anywhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Last season he played centre-forward, dominated the front line, scoring headers, tap-ins.

No chance they want him.

Oranges038

You can't coach brains. He's 26 now and still makes the same stupid mistakes and does the same stupid shit over and over.

Trequarista10

Despite his wastefulness, tonight was one of his better performances in recent months. Most likely due to the oppo's position in the league.

Infuriating for sure, but occasionally he was direct and caused a bit of chaos with his shooting/crossing. On another day, we might have scored 1 or 2 goals as a result. Either way, he showed more progression and attacking intent than Antony ever would.
Agreed. Much better than some of his shocking performances, albeit still flawed. But even when he's in great form he's still flawed, he's always going to be occasionally wasteful and frustrating.

TheLittleOne

Rashford is a player crippled by low confidence. I didnt think he was as awful as is being made out today. Got the assist, a good shot the keeper spilled that almost went in. A few decent dribbles and crosses. Not great but not as terrible as being spouted.
His insistence on standing still with the ball for seconds instead of driving passed defenders as Garnacho does is frustrating.
You are not wrong in a way that i could have pointed out much worse performances this year but chose not to(Edit: season average rating 4.1). Today I just felt like it and apparently many others did too so it could seem like ott. I do confess that I have very little patience left for this kind of player and therefore i'm much more ready to critisize him. Still, its the same "mistakes" over and over and he never seems to learn. He's our poster boy and 3rd highest payed player, he nowhere near deserves that imo. Low confidence is not his problem ..quite the opposite in my opinion. Suggestions above that its because of a back injury or similar are ridiculous...some people always come up with excuses for him.

Last edited:

JeffFromHK

If we get any offers of 60M or more from PSG or any Saudi clubs, we should definitely sell him.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
If we get any offers of 60M or more from PSG or any Saudi clubs, we should definitely sell him.
That's a very generous offer if we get one. Based on his current performance, 30-40M sounds about right unless a clueless club overpays like we did for Antony

AshRK

He is 26 but still his decision making is like an 18 year old. Sometimes even garnacho makes better decision than him. No number 9 will enjoy playing with him.

Doracle

His confidence looks back to normal and he was better than Garnacho today (both played well though). 6 key passes plus several chances he created for himself. Generally made the right choices throughout, until he tried a few things which were a bit more high risk in the last 20 minutes.

I gave him 8/10 but I was probably a bit harsh based on the last few minutes. Had him and Mainoo as the standouts with 9s up until then (Garnacho, Bruno, Evans and Dalot also with strong 8s today I thought).

It’s only Wigan but pleasing to see a tricky away cup match negotiated smoothly.

My only Eric

1 v1 against a fullback, he stands still.
1 v 3 against him, he runs head first into them and loses possession.

It just doesn’t make any sense to me. Maybe someone here sees something I don’t

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He is 26 but still his decision making is like an 18 year old. Sometimes even garnacho makes better decision than him. No number 9 will enjoy playing with him.
I see it differently. Garnacho makes decisions based on what is hapenning in front of him - he'll see a space to run into, he'll try to run inside, somethimes go out wide etc. It's still not full variety but it's getting better. And sometimes (quite often) he will make a bad decision in a way there probably was a better use of the ball (like when he run into the box and could've cut back rather than cross into the 6yard box).

Watching Rashford play football this season he looks like the moment he gets the ball, some "decision generator" in his head will tell him what to do. He doesn't seem to be aware of what is happening around him. I mean, the number of times he's been pushed to the line as he had no option to cut inside was very high.

The problem with Rashford is there is no "keep it simple, go back to basics" with him when he's on a bad form. He doesn't have that "pass and move" tool in his locker. He will stand on the ball and pass it back to the defender, and jog forward. It really is a problem.

AndySmith1990

He's genuinely the thickest football player I can remember ever watching. His decision making is consistently terrible. Knowing we're going to be stuck with him until at least 2028 (and likely beyond, because, local lad) is frustrating

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Its obvious he's low on confidence. But we've now seen enough of him to know he's consistently inconsistent.

His bottom level is shocking, and his decision making is what really sticks out. Keeps making wrong decisions and breaking down attacks.