4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Unfortunately I believe we are stuck with him to be honest unless somebody even more incompetent than Us makes a play for him but what we certainly can not afford to do is allow him to stink the place with no repercussions .

Play him only if he deserves it no more free rides for anybody let them earn their minutes on the pitch irrespective of their status and money they are on .
Selling him will be very very challenging but not completely impossible. United PR machine had worked on Rashford for years thus there's value in his brand name especially for a club like PSG who are set to lose their big name. I also believe that he would do very well in an environment were the pressure is low for most of the season such as at PSG or Bayern. Therefore if the price is right then hopefully someone would be ready to match it.

Quite frankly I think that the club had handled it well so far. They have held their cool with Belfast gate, him jogging on the pitch and his 'abuse' meltdown which in turn had avoided another Sancho situation. Meanwhile they are probably exploring a way out for him. In my opinion a lot will depend on whether ETH stays or leaves. If he leaves then I can see Rashy staying or at least push for that. Irrespective of that, if we're not able to find a suitable seller now then I hope that we'll play ball, we create an environment were he will allow him to switch on again and then we sell him when his stock is high. At top level a player might be able to get away with a deficiency of talent (Inzaghi, Gattuso, Gary Neville etc) but he certainly won't be able to do it with a deficiency in character

OT_United

He will be given a chance under a new manager.
They would be silly to not try get the best out of him as ETH did last season. But, I wish he’s sold either way, best for both parties.

QuietOn Fortune

Quality control
This team was not really good and they got really lucky winning the CL. Apart from Kewell, every player though would give everything to win. Not something you see with our players.
Exactly. We don't get luck because our supporters put our players down and break any sort of confidence within them, especially our average players never mind players like Bruno and Rashford.

How do you think how Oxelade Chamberlain would have been treated at United vs how he was treated at Liverpool when they were getting in to CL finals year by year?

United fans are just scum and horrible people. If i knew this before watching football & falling in love with Manchester United then i would have never supported this team because the fanbase is horrible for support and very very big headed.

It's like the wife that looks good when you first get married and the longer your with her the more bad things you actually get to see. But now that im married and have kids with her - i cant ditch them and start all over again because we have been in a progressive relationship for a very long time.

Malons

His presence is too much of a distraction. There were those stories earlier this year of him being distant from the rest of the team having lost all of his key allies.
Exactly. We don't get luck because our supporters put our players down and break any sort of confidence within them, especially our average players never mind players like Bruno and Rashford.

How do you think how Oxelade Chamberlain would have been treated at United vs how he was treated at Liverpool when they were getting in to CL finals year by year?

United fans are just scum and horrible people. If i knew this before watching football & falling in love with Manchester United then i would have never supported this team because the fanbase is horrible for support and very very big headed.

It's like the wife that looks good when you first get married and the longer your with her the more bad things you actually get to see. But now that im married and have kids with her - i cant ditch them and start all over again because we have been in a progressive relationship for a very long time.
Your shallow objectification of women and misogyny clearly place you in the best position to call other people scum.

QuietOn Fortune

His presence is too much of a distraction. There were those stories earlier this year of him being distant from the rest of the team having lost all of his key allies.

Your shallow objectification of women and misogyny clearly place you in the best position to call other people scum.
It could be the other way around where the women first falls in love with a man. Dopamine rushes and everything is going amazingly. But then she realises that he isnt that good and doesnt help her or support her. Just plays video games and sits on his arse all day whilst saying negative things to her the longer in the relationship they are.

There we go. The opposite sex of what i said still fits the bill with what i was trying to explain about being scum bags of support.

led_scholes

Real were booing Ronaldo. It's not like we boo our players every minute. The relationship between fans and Rashford turned sour this year. After another underwhelming year which coincided with his renewal.

If fans trust was the most important then Liverpool not us or Arsenal would dominate late 90s and early 00s. But If I recall correctly, Liverpool fans were having meltdowns against many of their players before Kloop.

We had players like Gibson, Fortune etc but the criticism was not there because despite their lack of ability due to their effort.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Meh if any our fans are too soft on lazy players like Martial Sancho and Rashford. Players who's clearly taking the piss giving a half arsed performance.

Any other top European club he'd be booed out years ago and put on loan to proove himself. Certainly not being given a Lewandowski wage.

clarkydaz

Go join RAWK mate, you will go down an absolute storm

Von Mistelroum

I'm not really sure what the answer is with him. It's a nightmare situation really because our choices are to keep him and he'll probably play because he's earning too much to sit doing nothing, or sell for a very low price.

I would be happy to see him leave at pretty much any price to get his wages off the books. £20m is probably a fair price, but our owners and management will be looking for some ridiculous fee over £50m that nobody will pay for a poor, lazy player who demands a huge wage.

Red00012

I can see why you’ve nearly 100 posts and only 3 likes

JeffFromHK

Yes more chance creation for Hojlund :lol:

Against Sheffield United & Burnley :rolleyes:

Great improvement.

Honestly the way people treat Bruno & then shut up as soon as he plays like a one man team carrying the whole club behind his back all by himself proves to me that the fans dont know crap all about rating a players ability.

Your list of Rashford 's - has none of these abilities - list proves this to me because he has many of those abilities that we have seen since he broke through :smirk:
You are not logically debating with me with those cheap childish sarcasms and arguments. You remind me of those 10 years old United fan in 2003 saying "van nistelrooy is better dribbler than henry! look at his goal against fulham!"
We had inferior games against Conventry which was a worse team than Sheffield United and Burnley

and, tell me exactly which of the abilitiies I have listed out is rashford really good at?

JeffFromHK

I can see why you’ve nearly 100 posts and only 3 likes
Never imagined I would see a line " United fans are just scum and horrible people. If i knew this before watching football & falling in love with Manchester United then i would have never supported this team " on RedCafe, not only is it trollish and factually very wrong (Man Utd fans are the second most patient football fan in big leagues, just behind Liverpool - look at how Real fans treated Ronaldo and Bale, look at Juventus and Bayern fans, and even look at how Arsenal fans treated Wenger) , it is also an insult to every member on this forum and 100M+ people in this globe.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
:lol: you're definitely on the wind up.

The scousers are more supportive of their players because they've seen a lot of those players win the PL and CL in recent seasons.

You should've seen how they treated the likes of Paul Konchesky during their dark days under Hogdson.

Or even how Karius was hounded out of the club after a couple of mistakes. Their fanbase was more inclined to abuse him as they hadn't seen their team win a trophy in several years.

Use your brain.
They wouldn't have spouted this level of shite if they had any.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I would love to find out what the problem is with Marcus.
At 26 he should be in his prime.
It doesn't seem to be an injury problem. More likely a mental issue.

He never seems to be confident about taking a player on. Almost like he knows he is going to fail. Because he very often seems to stop before he tries to go past.
And of course defenders know exactly what he is going to do because there is no variety in what he does.
Got everything too early without having to do bare minimum. He became a great player without playing football but by his good work off the pitch.

One of the highest paid players in the league, 0 contribution in winning anything of note. That is his problem.

iKeano

I've had some rants on here and divided opinion, but @QuietOn Fortune you need to give your head a wobble.

My opinion on Rashfords performances (the point of this thread) is that they're nowhere near good enough. He's given up on the team and doesn't even try.

Historically He's given the fans the finger outside OT, aliemated himself from the fanbase the relationship has become toxic and untenable and he should go find himself a new club... see any parallels?

AndySmith1990

He's up there with Ten Hag, Sancho and Antony for people we need to get out the club. He contributes nothing, he's lazy and he's massively overpaid. Disgrace

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

The newbie system let us down. Revert it back!!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Also how INEOS handles this will be a good indicator whether they will bring us back to the top or not, I think.

If they coddle him and so afraid of him gone like the club used to do, just because he is an academy player and a Mancunian, then that will smell like danger. Because going the "United way" is how the club fell down in the first place. Thats not United way, thats just one tradition they plucked out of it. We tried to emulate Fergie era when theres no one in the world like Fergie so we end up sticking to some of the old traditions but not fully, inluding keeping overpaid players just because they are the symbols of United.

So afraid of letting club identity go and tying the identity to manager and players because its the only thing resembling the old United instead of fixing on the pitch performances with a proper squad building. Such an oldschool approach. Without a pair of strong hand it breeds the culture of no responsibility. Like we are seeing now and not for the first time. And Ten Hag is definitely not that strong character. I would say he has been too nice, even more than Ole.

If I was INEOS I'd give him an ultimatum. Fix your attitude towards the fans and football, respect the club, honor your contract, perform the best you could, and you shall be rewarded. Or keep this kind of shite going for too long and we will just open the door for you because its clear you dont want to be here. Problems with abuse? Close your DMs and shut them up with top performances like a pro.

Last edited:

clarkydaz

go and have a look what they are saying about Salah after yesterday, they are ripping him to shreds and telling him to feck off out of the club. A guy that actually won big trophies for them. its just blown your point out of the water :lol:

ForeverRed1

Footballers should stop minding twitters and social media and using it as "look at me, im abused". It's a social media cess pit everyone got dog abused down there including Messi and Ronaldo from all over the world.

I'm not condoning online abuse but it's the internet. I could post my picture sitting around feeding ducks and people will find something wrong in it let alone being the poster boy of the biggest club with millions of fanbase.
This is straight facts and you will never ever stop it, monitor it or police it because of how vast it is. It’s virtually impossible.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I would love to find out what the problem is with Marcus.
His problem is genuinely believing he is one of the world's best player, aka way better than he actually is. And, he is surrounded himself by puppets who continuously blow smoke up his ass and don't hold him accountable. Everything around him is so fake, so manufactured.

Anyone thinking we'd be able to sell him easily is absolutely deluded. £375k a week for a footballer who genuinely does not give a single feck on the pitch, no club would come even near the wages he is on. Not to mention a decent size of transfer fee which would need to be paid. We are stuck with him for the foreseeable future thanks to the ridiculous contract we have put him on. And, we'll have to continue to deal with this man-child putting in 0/10 performances on a regular basis and later go into PR overdrive for sympathy. You'd think our fanbase would've figured his shtick by now.

clarkydaz

His problem is genuinely believing he is one of the world's best player, aka way better than he actually is. And, he is surrounded himself by puppets who continuously blow smoke up his ass and don't hold him accountable. Everything around him is so fake, so manufactured.

Anyone thinking we'd be able to sell him easily is absolutely deluded. £375k a week for a footballer who genuinely does not give a single feck on the pitch, no club would come even near the wages he is on. Not to mention a decent size of transfer fee which would need to be paid. We are stuck with him for the foreseeable future thanks to the ridiculous contract we have put him on. And, we'll have to continue to deal with this man-child putting in 0/10 performances on a regular basis and later go into PR overdrive for sympathy. You'd think our fanbase would've figured his shtick by now.
Which is why he cant handle the outside world. The club may have bent over for him, but the fanbase wont. Chasing fame and fortune without none of the responsibility

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
This is a discussion board. It's where fans go to let out their frustations or express their delight.
Exactly the issue. It’s a discussion board, but people just use it to let out their frustrations, instead of actually having discussions.

Malons

If anything United fans are too supportive of home-grown players, even to and beyond the point where it's long become clear not only are they not reaching their potential, but sometimes where their presence is probably, on balance, a negative to the team.

Many fans never got the the acceptance stage of admitting Welbeck and Lingard weren't ever good enough. A rump would likely still argue now that given a run of games either men could be "world class". Rashford is of that same category. There will always be a refusal to see his limitations, because of his background.

There's a fierce loyalty to local players. That isn't a bad thing, but at times over the years it has looked somewhat ridiculous given the poor calibre of player the fan base has been willing to defend.

OL29

Well he did say Mostly against British players rather than only British players.

If you want some more examples -
1.Maguire
2.Rashford
3.Sancho
4.Mctominay especially during McFred season
5. Lingard, everyone celebrates him scoring FA Cup winners but treats him like he deserved shit all
6. Wan Bissaka - RB was deemed as good enough for another season because he had some good performances for us and the rise of Dalot, it was decently covered but after just coming back from injury and playing in his wrong position every Man Utd fan cant wait to see the back of him.
7. Phil Jones making fun of his face when defending

Anyway, im glad the whole 'drop Rashford and watch us improve' exam is going to plan ;)

As ive said many times before - the manager is shit and has built a crap team. Removing Rashford or Bruno doesnt sort anything out because its ultimately the manager's fault the whole squad is playing shit - not just one single player.
I don’t think Sancho received any abuse from our fans? I don’t think Wan Bissaka or McTominay have had it that badly either outside of criticism of their performances. It’s gotten out of hand with Rashford and Maguire had it worse than anyone I can remember in recent history but at least these guys are fairly insulated within the media. If it wasn’t for their nationality, the British press would be much less forgiving. See Pogba, De Gea, Martial, Lukaku and even Bruno for reference.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

There's a lot of truth in what you say. The last 11 years have completely ruined the fanbase. The treatment of Ole, Maguire, Rashford, and other, mostly British players. 90% of United fans begging for Qatar to buy us whilst reviling Ratcliffe and everyone that didn't want state ownership throughout the takeover process. Been disappointed with the fanbase so many times these last 5 years.
Talk about pulling a % figure out of your arse.

Rojofiam

This is an interesting take when you look at the abuse players like Pogba, Lukaku and Martial got. Online, in the stadium, racism, these guys got it with both barrels. It’s a bit hypocritical how fans like you turn a blind eye to that while passing judgement on the rest of the fan base.
Why would I turn a blind eye to that?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
go and have a look what they are saying about Salah after yesterday, they are ripping him to shreds and telling him to feck off out of the club. A guy that actually won big trophies for them. its just blown your point out of the water :lol:
Best fans in the world la

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Got everything too early without having to do bare minimum. He became a great player without playing football but by his good work off the pitch.

One of the highest paid players in the league, 0 contribution in winning anything of note. That is his problem.
That is a fair summary.
I don't know if it is the manager telling him where he has to stay, but it is far too easy for defenders to stop him. It is always the same.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Yes exactly.
As you say, he needs to move but resulting from his contract, no other sensible club is going to go for him.

OldTrevil

It's even funny to me when people use last season as indication of his supposed quality. I remember him having so many dire performances, with piss poor decision making and selfishness like usual, only to nick a goal somewhere and people then classing that as a good game.

Scoring a huge amount of goals but being an overall detriment to the team in terms of efficiency, build up play and defensive solidity won't get you far in the modern game, and for me certainly not a player I want to see or can get inspired by.

We're definitely stuck with him though, as no team will be daft enough to pay elite footballer money to just a slightly above average player.

Jean-Philippe Jason

Supports
Belgian red devils
I was so disappointed at how much abuse Fellaini was given in here. I shall admit he wasn't always a pleasure to watch...
But unlike Rashford, his commitment was never a problem. And Man Utd actually won things thanks to him.

Tango80

The detriment to the team thing doesn't really hold much weight when we play matches without him and we're equally bad

Strangest Tribe

what the fvck have I just read? You’re quite welcome to go and support the scousers seeing as you love them so much, an absolute car crash of a post and giving us newbies a bad name

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Also how INEOS handles this will be a good indicator whether they will bring us back to the top or not, I think.

If they coddle him and so afraid of him gone like the club used to do, just because he is an academy player and a Mancunian, then that will smell like danger. Because going the "United way" is how the club fell down in the first place. Thats not United way, thats just one tradition they plucked out of it. We tried to emulate Fergie era when theres no one in the world like Fergie so we end up sticking to some of the old traditions but not fully, inluding keeping overpaid players just because they are the symbols of United.

So afraid of letting club identity go and tying the identity to manager and players because its the only thing resembling the old United instead of fixing on the pitch performances with a proper squad building. Such an oldschool approach. Without a pair of strong hand it breeds the culture of no responsibility. Like we are seeing now and not for the first time. And Ten Hag is definitely not that strong character. I would say he has been too nice, even more than Ole.

If I was INEOS I'd give him an ultimatum. Fix your attitude towards the fans and football, respect the club, honor your contract, perform the best you could, and you shall be rewarded. Or keep this kind of shite going for too long and we will just open the door for you because its clear you dont want to be here. Problems with abuse? Close your DMs and shut them up with top performances like a pro.
I have a feeling this is going to drag on for at least one more season. Possibly two. There’s not a lot we can do unless the player actually wants to leave and is willing to be financially flexible to do so. He has us by the balls. INEOS will rightly back themselves to try to get him back to resembling a motivated athlete. This is another part of the challenge they accepted. They aren’t going to kick everyone out and start again. They will look to get back into top 4 next season and a few in and a few out. It’s the only way to do it when the contracts these players are on mean we would be paying them fortunes to work elsewhere

lysglimt

Scout
I have never said a really bad word about Scott McT - hell I have even been less critical about Antony this season than I have about Rashford. Because no matter how bad these 2 have been in some matches - they have always given everything. Sure they haven't always been good enough - but they have tried. Yesterday, Antony was really poor before the break - but he worked really hard - and in the second half he got his reward. I still think he should be sold - but he can at least held his head up high and say he tried. No matter how bad he has been this season (and he has been REALLY bad)

Can Marcus Rashford this season really hold his head up and say - I tried ? And don't get me wrong - I am opposed to the name-calling and straight out abuse - but does Rashford deserve the criticism he gets (criticism not abuse) ? Yeah he does. If Rashford worked his socks off in every game - and messed up time after time - I would say he is not good enough, and that is that. But if you are a player making £300.000 a week and can't be bothered to track back - then you will get criticized.

I hope Rashford can sort his head out and come back like he was last season - because he is still a quality player - but I at least expect to see a bit more effort.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol: :lol:

Blood Mage

It's not just an effort thing, he has declined also. No longer has that electric pace that terrified opposition teams.

the chameleon

What a hilarious post! :lol: