View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Swiss_Red89

He should be benched for the FA Cup final.
Agree. He definitely should come off the bench during the second half with his pace against tired legs.
Luckily he doesn't seem to have completely lost his pace as his sprint in the Hojlund situation at the end showed.

TempusFugit

He should be benched for the FA Cup final.
Madness, Walker will eat Garnacho up. Rashford HAS to start, it's not like Garnacho has been great in the last few games. Would rather have Rashford play on the off chance he remembers that he's actually a very good winger and gets us a goal or two. Garnacho has started 36 consecutive games and it's starting to look like that's weighing him down. Doesn't look as sharp or as quick compared to a few months ago.

edgecutter

Madness, Walker will eat Garnacho up. Rashford HAS to start, it's not like Garnacho has been great in the last few games. Would rather have Rashford play on the off chance he remembers that he's actually a very good winger and gets us a goal or two. Garnacho has started 36 consecutive games and it's starting to look like that's weighing him down. Doesn't look as sharp or as quick compared to a few months ago.
Rashford has offered nothing for months. In my opinion, he really shouldn't have a future here and it will annoy me that players like Garnancho and Amad who didn't go on benders during the season will lose their place to him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Got pelters in the warm up from a fan, I imagine he can't be fecked any more.

edgecutter

He couldn't even ignore it. Can you imagine any manager or coach giving him criticism? Must be like walking on egg shells.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He couldn't even ignore it. Can you imagine any manager or coach giving him criticism? Must be like walking on egg shells.
To be fair, not sure what was being said to him, so could have gone too far. I think he just needs a new environment.

TempusFugit

Rashford has offered nothing for months. In my opinion, he really shouldn't have a future here and it will annoy me that players like Garnancho and Amad who didn't go on benders during the season will lose their place to him.
We are talking about the final here. I'd rather have Rashford up against Walker. And to be honest, Rashford has way more quality than Garnacho despite his bad season. Garnacho has alot to prove.

Bwuk

Rashford shouldn’t start over Garnacho in the final.

Garnacho has earned his place. Hes absolutely carried us at times this year.

Rashford will be competing with Amad/Hojlund

Swiss_Red89

Absolute Idiots imo. Imagine goint to Old Trafford as a ManUnited Fan and then have nothing better to do than abuse Marcus Rashford during warmup.

edgecutter

We are talking about the final here. I'd rather have Rashford up against Walker. And to be honest, Rashford has way more quality than Garnacho despite his bad season. Garnacho has alot to prove.
What message do you send out by starting him? We have 2 up and coming players for the future and you want to play this guy. Madness

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I think he will start the final alongside Hojlund and Garnacho, who will play on the right. Not saying that's necessarily justified but my prediction.

arnoldS

What message do you send out by starting him? We have 2 up and coming players for the future and you want to play this guy. Madness
What message? That the better player starts maybe? People criticize Rashford for not running, dribble into players, being selfish. Thats exactly what garnacho did the last weeks, just without the blistering pace and explosiveness of Rashford. It would be mad to not start him over Garnacho in a final.

edgecutter

What message? That the better player starts maybe? People criticize Rashford for not running, dribble into players, being selfish. Thats exactly what garnacho did the last weeks, just without the blistering pace and explosiveness of Rashford. It would be mad to not start him over Garnacho in a final.
Garnancho has had some poor form over the last few weeks, rashford has had poor form for over a year and you want to give him a start? Make it make sense

Banana Republic

Garnacho has looked poor because the lad has run his legs off and ended up trying too hard and making loads of errors.
The lack of reliable back up has meant he’s had to play far too many games.
He’s still young and has a lot to learn as well as prove.
Rashford by contrast, has stunk the place out for most of the season.
If he starts in the final, I expect he’ll just end up wandering around like a spare at a wedding if he gets no joy out of Walker and the other defenders.
Give Rashford minutes against Brighton, with a clear instruction to prove himself for place in the squad for Wembley.

TempusFugit

Exactly, so let's put out players with something to prove who haven't phoned it in all year and actually reward performances other than reputations for once in this Post SAF hellscape.
You play the players who'll give you the best chance to win the game. I don't understand why this take is so controversial, Garnacho looks exhausted anyway. Putting him up against Walker in a crucial game like that is basically throwing him to the wolves. Play the more experienced and better player it's simple. If we really want to threaten that City backline we'll need Rashford.

Sending a message that we need to win the game? It's a one-off game, a very crucial one at that. We'll be going against the toughest RB in the world. I think you're letting your dislike for Rashford cloud your judgement. Why shouldn't we play the footballer who's shown quality and the ability to turn up in games likes this instead of basically feeding a developing 19yr old winger to Walker? In starting to feel that Rashford has committed the greatest crime imaginable by having a bad season (like basically the entire team).

edgecutter

You play the players who'll give you the best chance to win the game. I don't understand why this take is so controversial, Garnacho looks exhausted anyway. Putting him up against Walker in a crucial game like that is basically throwing him to the wolves. Play the more experienced and better player it's simple. If we really want to threaten that City backline we'll need Rashford.

Sending a message that we need to win the game? It's a one-off game, a very crucial one at that. We'll be going against the toughest RB in the world. I think you're letting your dislike for Rashford cloud your judgement. Why shouldn't we play the footballer who's shown quality and the ability to turn up in games likes this instead of basically feeding a developing 19yr old winger to Walker? In starting to feel that Rashford has committed the greatest crime imaginable by having a bad season (like basically the entire team).
You play your best players and Marcus currently isn't one. Can that change? Of it course it can, but if the club is serious about moving forward then the players that want to work for the badge should start the final. Not a guy that thinks it's OK to go on a bender and fake illness when we had an important fa cup game. I think you're letting your bias show for a player that looked so.promising when burst onto the scene to the disinterested player we currently have.

Doracle

You play your best players and Marcus currently isn't one. Can that change? Of it course it can, but if the club is serious about moving forward then the players that want to work for the badge should start the final. Not a guy that thinks it's OK to go on a bender and fake illness when we had an important fa cup game. I think you're letting your bias show for a player that looked so.promising when burst onto the scene to the disinterested player we currently have.
Perhaps they are thinking as long ago as last season when Rashford scored 30 goals for us or even as recently as March when he scored a magnificent goal against the very opposition we face in the Cup final. What’s Rashford’s record like generally against the likes of City or Liverpool? How does Garnacho compare?

Irwin99

He is still our best big game player in terms of scoring goals against the bigger teams, whatever we might think of two of his last three seasons, so i kind of agree. People having been giving EtH stick all season for playing him but I think he was obviously just trying to play him into some form and it hasn't worked.

It's been a horrible season for him and the club but his goal record against the big clubs has always been pretty good. I can see him starting.

FortunaUtd

Absolute Idiots imo. Imagine goint to Old Trafford as a ManUnited Fan and then have nothing better to do than abuse Marcus Rashford during warmup.
Absolutely horrible stuff. The nasty and toxic hate Rashford is getting needs to be dialed down across the board. It is not ok.

edgecutter

Perhaps they are thinking as long ago as last season when Rashford scored 30 goals for us or even as recently as March when he scored a magnificent goal against the very opposition we face in the Cup final. What’s Rashford’s record like generally against the likes of City or Liverpool? How does Garnacho compare?
That was last season and it should have no bearing on who plays. You might as well tell rooney to play because he smashed in a load goals for United as well.

A goal against city shouldn't mean you start. If I remember correctly he also got pushed off the ball so easily by walker to help them equalise, but let's not bring that up. His performances this year have been disgraceful and shouldn't be encourage with a start in our biggest game. Let's play the players that have a future here and not one that's been in a constant sulk.

Doracle

That was last season and it should have no bearing on who plays. You might as well tell rooney to play because he smashed in a load goals for United as well.

A goal against city shouldn't mean you start. If I remember correctly he also got pushed off the ball so easily by walker to help them equalise, but let's not bring that up. His performances this year have been disgraceful and shouldn't be encourage with a start in our biggest game. Let's play the players that have a future here and not one that's been in a constant sulk.
Ah yes, Rashford getting fouled and not getting a free kick is somehow a stick to beat him with on this forum. Can guarantee if that was Amad or Garnacho there would be unanimity on the Caf that it was a clear free kick (which it was).

klayton88

Garnacho has looked poor because the lad has run his legs off and ended up trying too hard and making loads of errors.
The lack of reliable back up has meant he’s had to play far too many games.
He’s still young and has a lot to learn as well as prove.
Rashford by contrast, has stunk the place out for most of the season.
If he starts in the final, I expect he’ll just end up wandering around like a spare at a wedding if he gets no joy out of Walker and the other defenders.
Give Rashford minutes against Brighton, with a clear instruction to prove himself for place in the squad for Wembley.
100% agree with all of this. Rashford has done nothing to warrant starting any game let alone one with a trophy up for grabs. Garnacho has ran his socks off everytime he's played for us and genuinely is the only player to get me out of my seat this season with the Everton goal, first goal I've properly celebrated since VAR killed football almost completely for me.

klayton88

Absolutely horrible stuff. The nasty and toxic hate Rashford is getting needs to be dialed down across the board. It is not ok.
Not saying I agree but it's also not OK to be earning 350k a week jogging about for your boyhood club and coming across as such an unlikeable bloke, but there Rashford goes. He deserves shit (within reason) from any fan who's put money in his pocket.

Womp

idiot
Not saying I agree but it's also not OK to be earning 350k a week jogging about for your boyhood club and coming across as such an unlikeable bloke, but there Rashford goes. He deserves shit (within reason) from any fan who's put money in his pocket.
What a ridiculous post. Of course he's okay, he isn't forcing anyone to pay him that amount of money. The club determined given their revenue that 350k was what he was worth the club. That may well be far too large an amount but that's on the club. As if he's the only person on the planet who is earning far more money than they should be. Doesn't warrant excessive abuse.

Realistically like any other role, if he has shown he doesn't warrant the compensation he is earning, he should be let go or reduce his wages. If the club don't make that determination, it really isn't his fault.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Realistically like any other role, if he has shown he doesn't warrant the compensation he is earning, he should be let go or reduce his wages. If the club don't make that determination, it really isn't his fault.
Are there many (if any) examples of this happening? The club are obviously at fault for giving him this fat contract, but surely he won't agree to reduce his wages. That would be unprecedented in the PL.

caid

I dont think i'd want to take on City with Rashford and Garnacho on the wings. Think its probably too skewed towards attack unless Rashford is the striker in place of Hojlund or something. Garnacho needs a rest and is an obvious starter so i'd give Rashford the match against Brighton to make a case for himself. Unless its pretty special i'd probably take an extra midfielder with mount maybe or antony for a more defensive option or Amad because he helps us keep the ball. Amad's game against newcastle makes me lean towards him at the moment.

Womp

idiot
Are there many (if any) examples of this happening? The club are obviously at fault for giving him this fat contract, but surely he won't agree to reduce his wages. That would be unprecedented in the PL.
I was referring to the club looking to negotiate a reduction in his wages and of course, if he doesn't agree, should be handled accordingly. Once again, it's the organisation's fault for 1. valuing him at that amount and 2. determining the length of his contract.

This 'x player earns x money' has never made much sense to me. He isn't the first nor will he be the last professional who is earning an excessive amount of money given their ability, that being said, doesn't warrant abuse.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I was referring to the club looking to negotiate a reduction in his wages and of course, if he doesn't agree, should be handled accordingly. This 'x player earns x money' has never made much sense to me. He isn't the first nor will he be the last professional who is earning an excessive amount of money given their ability, that being said, doesn't warrant abuse.
I agree it doesn't warrant abuse. He is now in a similar situation to Sterling where the majority of fans have had enough of him, and the best for all parties would be if he found a new club this summer, but a huge obstacle to that is the daft wages the club gave him which is unlikely to be matched by any club in Europe.

Womp

idiot
I agree it doesn't warrant abuse. He is now in a similar situation to Sterling where the majority of fans have had enough of him, and the best for all parties would be if he found a new club this summer, but a huge obstacle to that is the daft wages the club gave him which is unlikely to be matched by any club in Europe.
I agree, but this logic that he's some demon for wanting to earn the most amount of money he can is ridiculous, never understood it.

I wonder if the people throwing the criticism would be willing to take a substantial pay-cut in their professional careers purely to do their organisation a solid.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I agree, but this logic that he's some demon for wanting to earn the most amount of money he can is ridiculous, never understood it.

I wonder if the people throwing the criticism would be willing to take a substantial pay-cut in their professional careers purely to do their organisation a solid.
You're not wrong, however the career of a footballer is very short when compared to any other non-sporting industry. I have huge respect for players who have chosen to leave a club and take a pay cut so that they can make the most of their talent by starting games most weeks instead of wasting a portion of their career on the bench and outstaying their welcome. Nevertheless, if Rashford chooses the latter option then I won't knock him for that. The club were at fault for giving him that daft contract.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Diallo should be playing in the final. We simply can't drop players who are on form. Rashford can work his way up to the top. If he doesn't like it then he can always handle a transfer request.