View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Oscar Bonavena

Sick of this lad now. He's taking the piss. Maybe he's thinking Ten Hag is out the door soon so he can do whatever he wants.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This is the end of the Disneyland Woodward brands era, the club created these media monsters. Remember the club still offered pogba 300k to stay. I fail to see how he has so much muscle at the club, it's madness for such an unreliable player. Looking forward to the end of it, which the new regime has stated things will be football first again
Yeah that's the mind boggling part. This guy is 26, has achieved feck all in his footballing career and yet he is the face of the club and it's highest paid player.

You keep rewarding bang average midtable level players like these who have one worldie of a season in 6-7 years and then you ask why are we in such a mess.

Last edited:

kaku06

World class talent my arse, more like world class dickhead. How did this limited player become the face of this great club and allowed to take the piss on and off the pitch and still have people defending him I would never know. He represents everything what’s wrong with us. Lazy, unprofessional and overpaid.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s not really worth the fuss. People keep branding him a world class talent who needs to sort himself out mentally but he’s never really been that. He has goodish end product but that’s about it- in all the other aspects of a modern day forward, he’s either average or below par. One of those players you only put up with due to end product except even his end product was only genuinely great for that one 6 to 8 month stretch in an entire half career.

padzilla

Hipster
Selling him would send a strong message but I doubt the Glazers have the balls, he'll probably get a pay rise instead.

Mercurial

Shame we didn't cash in but instead renewed, the abuse for even implying he should have been sold when his stock was high was real here.

kaku06

You would have thought he would be the most loyal and one to care the most about the fans, this great club and would die for it on the pitch but no, he turned out to be this ungrateful person who’s just out for himself after being made the face of this club and after being massively overpaid than his limited talent deserves not to mention using this opportunity to create his own image/brand off the pitch.

You would have hoped that no matter what he would set the standards atleast on the pitch given that he’s one of our own, one of us and he’s anything but that. A lazy, unprofessional, overpaid, selfish, tone deaf player who’s is milking us for his own benefit who doesn’t give two shits about the fans or the club just like the other wankers in the recent past and that’s what he is and it hurts but that’s the cost you pay when someone you adore breaks your hope/trust/love. The day we get rid of him the day we can think of setting the right culture at this football club. Onto you Ineos. Enough is enough.

erikcred

Shame we didn't cash in but instead renewed, the abuse for even implying he should have been sold when his stock was high was real here.
I mean his stock was high. Plus the money from his sale would've just gone to ETH to use as he pleases. No win situation I think.

afatzp

I just like to ask , who would want him anyway ? PSG ? The same money or less they surely can get Rafael Leao or Kvaratskhelia , a better footballer who led the line and made their teams the champion. Why would aboard clubs pick Rashford over either of them ? I also don't see a path Rashford joining other English clubs.

IRONTUSK

Whether you like Ten Hag or not he has been trying to set a culture since he came in.
New owners and new CEO / back room staff announced last week and indications are there will be a shake up at the club and noises that they also want to improve the culture of the club and reduce high paid players etc

All that and Rashford in his great wisdom (as one of the most experienced/key players) does this.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
It’s different now. Rashford doesn’t notice, but the football structure is changing. It will - under this manager or another - work its way down to the dressing room. Great to see Sancho gone. Rashford may as well pack his bags. The difference with him was the level of patience people had, fans and managers, as he seemed willing to sort his problems. Now he will have to do that somewhere else.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The gf excuse has been over used to explain Rashford’s behaviour.

Just show up to work and do what you are paid 300k a week to do ffs.
I'll be honest now I just want him gone from the club in the summer.

But.

Stop fecking using how much they're paid as if it magically solves everything. As a raw example, when I was suicidal, I wanted to off myself and nothing else, 300k a week wouldn't have solved that issue and that's that. Money isn't magic, you can't spend away your problems and feelings and it smacks of pure spite, jealousy and complete simple mindedness to ignore the fact that these people are exactly that, people. Human beings just like the rest of us. Whatever's going on, it's affected his attitude which then affects him doing his job, just like every other fecker on the planet. End of. He should be more professional but it's fecking hard if your head is completely fecked and he looks every inch like his head is completely fecked.

Robocrap

It’s different now. Rashford doesn’t notice, but the football structure is changing. It will - under this manager or another - work its way down to the dressing room. Great to see Sancho gone. Rashford may as well pack his bags. The difference with him was the level of patience people had, fans and managers, as he seemed willing to sort his problems. Now he will have to do that somewhere else.
Sure hope that Ineos has the balls to get Rashford out of the club. Won't be too sure on it though since he is the posterboy of United. Would be a bold move for sure if it happened!

Semigoodlookin

The dressing room has been rotten for years, probably since midway through Jose's tenure. So, I look for players that have been present through Mourinho, Ole, Ralf, and Ten Hag. Many players have been called out for contributing to the shit attitude in the dressing room, and some of them have left. Martial and Rashford remain and I think they both should go. Martial for obvious reasons and Rashford because he is not good enough for the baggage he brings. He would be good enough if he wasn't seen as a lynchpin of the squad and one of the main players. He should be mid-tier in the squad unless he can produce his best form most the time. But with the negative press he brings, I don't think he is worth the hassle for any manager.

Last edited:

ArjenIsM3

That's probably the limit of disciplinary action we can take legally

We can also obviously not play him in football games, which I imagine will happen vs. Wolves.
Agreed. Feels like we don't have a choice. If we don't clamp down on stuff like this as a club where does it end? Players will feel (even more than some already seem to do) like they can get away with anything. I liked Rashford ever since he made his debut and he it was great to see him go up against politicians to fight for the local community during COVID but since then things have taken a turn for the worse. Don't know what's going on with him but his performances have been off basically since he signed his new contract, playing like he doesn't care anymore. Now this? Honestly feel like if he doesn't respond well to this we should be looking to sell him come summer.

RuudTom83

Quality control
Stop fecking using how much they're paid as if it magically solves everything. As a raw example, when I was suicidal, I wanted to off myself and nothing else, 300k a week wouldn't have solved that issue and that's that. Money isn't magic, you can't spend away your problems and feelings and it smacks of pure spite, jealousy and complete simple mindedness to ignore the fact that these people are exactly that, people. Human beings just like the rest of us. Whatever's going on, it's affected his attitude which then affects him doing his job, just like every other fecker on the planet. End of. He should be more professional but it's fecking hard if your head is completely fecked and he looks every inch like his head is completely fecked.
:nervous: I get tired of reading the mental health rhetoric on the RedCafe...it's a football forum at the end of the day, it really shouldn't be this deep!

eire-red

Imo football players can absolutely have lives. I'm not sure why only English, Manchester United players are supposed to be bloody monks, but that seems to be where we're at. Remember famously shy Sergio Ramos winning everything at Madrid? Or how Pique never went out with Shakira during the season? Or how Ibra kept to himself in every major city he toured in his career? Of course not.

What Rashford does in his spare time doesn't matter to me at all (well as long as he's not hitting any women.ugh.) What does matter is his ability to play football for this club.

I do not believe a single night out is the reason for his relative malaise for a year. So why does it matter? The fascination speaks to a much larger social issue, some kind of weird virtue signalling: if I were a pro football I'd make my body a temple, read inverting the pyramid every night before bed after studing youtube videos in my clockwork orange chair for all the hours after double-training sessions. It's ridiculous.
For the top 1% or earners out there, take for example your CEO's of multi million companies, top surgeons, top finance guys, your Wall Street Investment Bankers, the people who are truly gifted and at peak performance in their craft... do you actually believe they have in anyway normal lives?

The reality is they don't. 80hr, 90hr work weeks are probably the norm, constant, massive pressure to perform etc.

Now I don't know about you, but I don't tend to go clubbing on Sunday's and call in sick for work on Monday, because like most people, we just get up every Monday, 52 weeks a year, and go to work for that week.

Sure, let Rashford do what he likes, party until the morning.. drink, do drugs, whatever floats his boat, but do it when you're not training the next morning.

The level of unprofessionalism when you get paid like 50k a day, 50k to turn up and do a few hours on the pitch and in the gym, and you can't do that because you decided to head off to Belfast for a party instead?

I actually can't fathom people who don't think it's that big of an issue. Fair enough, footballers probably don't get a lot of free nights throughout the month, but they get paid an obscene amount of money to compensate for that.

Maybe they can go out twice a month in between matches and training, but they also get 2 months off in the summer to do whatever they please. It's not like they have to live like monks at all, just be more disciplined than the average person? Name me a single career where you can earn millions and not have to sacrifice something.

99% of modern day footballers would not survive any other industry in a comparable, high-paying job. They would crumble with the demands of working a six-figure a year job, never mind six-figures a week.

Jurgen Plopp

City has won a treble, and a second is still on for this year. Rashfords response is to go out on the Lash-ford more - like he did after the 3-0 defeat by City. He is clearly not a United fan, just a Rashford fan.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
:nervous: I get tired of reading the mental health rhetoric on the RedCafe...it's a football forum at the end of the day, it really shouldn't be this deep!
Stop being simple brained then. People are complex, they aren't robots, they have thoughts and feelings and that affects performance in literally every job ever invented.

I'm sick and tired of hearing 'he's getting paid x amount a week so he should just get on with it'.

Money doesn't solve anything.

Thanks for bolding my personal bit and dismissing it as well, lovely stuff. Should've just cracked on with slit wrists and the like, my mistake.

redcucumber

I know it's deranged to constantly hark back to Fergie's days, but can you imagine if Rashford was apart of any of those squads. He would have been torn to shreds. Say what you like about Antony, Maguire, and McTominay, but at least they appear to be decent pros. The problem is we've absolutely not done him any favours by putting him on a pedestal and giving him ridiculous contracts. We've played a big part in creating what he is today, which is a guy on stonking wages, that doesn't try, and can't be arsed to do the bare minimum. Best for all involved that he leaves.

mctrials23

99% of modern day footballers would not survive any other industry in a comparable, high-paying job. They would crumble with the demands of working a six-figure a year job, never mind six-figures a week.
Exactly. The bollocks about "money doesn't exempt you from problems" like that is so magic wisdom. Of course it doesn't but it helps with a hell of a lot of them. He will also have access to the best help and care that money can buy. The club would help and defend a player to the hilt if they didn't act like a twat. In almost any other super well paid jobs these guys would have been out on their bums years ago. Been a footballer is a massively privileged life and the way too many of them behave is a joke.

Footballers these days are basically trust fund babies. They have had so much money and hot air blown up their bums since a young age that they have egos the size of elephants. The idea of mental health being some catch all to excuse shitty behaviour needs to stop. You say those 2 magic words and suddenly anyone who would dare suggest they harden up a bit is a monster.

I feel for the guy trying to keep his head above water, look after his family and work 40 hours a week in a badly paid job who has mental health issues. Not the 26 year old man baby who takes the piss at every opportunity despite earning more in a day than most earn in a year.

AlexUTD

He tells everyone that he loves the club and that he is a local lad.

He sure has a wierd way of showing that he cares about the club.

If we are going to change the direction of the club/team then players that do this needs to go.

spiriticon

I would like him gone tbh. I see him as part of a group of players who have cultivated a toxic culture of unseriousness in our club in the last decade.

It's like the drinking culture of the 80s that Fergie had to eradicate.

SATA

I really missed the 18-21 year old Marcus Rashford. The boy who used to play with heart and busted a gut to play for his local team. He’s definitely mixing with the wrong company in his life. I mean, when you are best mates with Lingard and Sancho, nothing good can absolutely come out of that

sugar_kane

Exactly. The bollocks about "money doesn't exempt you from problems" like that is so magic wisdom. Of course it doesn't but it helps with a hell of a lot of them. He will also have access to the best help and care that money can buy. The club would help and defend a player to the hilt if they didn't act like a twat. In almost any other super well paid jobs these guys would have been out on their bums years ago. Been a footballer is a massively privileged life and the way too many of them behave is a joke.

Footballers these days are basically trust fund babies. They have had so much money and hot air blown up their bums since a young age that they have egos the size of elephants. The idea of mental health being some catch all to excuse shitty behaviour needs to stop. You say those 2 magic words and suddenly anyone who would dare suggest they harden up a bit is a monster.

I feel for the guy trying to keep his head above water, look after his family and work 40 hours a week in a badly paid job who has mental health issues. Not the 26 year old man baby who takes the piss at every opportunity despite earning more in a day than most earn in a year.
To anyone pushing the line about money not making you happy I'd say this - if happiness is paramount then any player is welcome to walk away from football (and the money)

Except literally none of them will ever do that because having lots of money is way fecking better than not.

It doesn't mean that because they are rich they are happy, and I can see how the job or even the wealth itself can be a source of unhappiness - but if that it the case give it up and go get a real job, no-one will think less of you. Quite the opposite if anything.

Bertie Wooster

Along with many other things, obviously, we also need to get rid of the players who seem to lack the consistency, professionalism, and hunger that seemingly adds to the negative culture that exists around the club and dressing room.

The off field 'flaws' of 'flawed geniuses' are accepted provided they continue delivering the 'genius' on the pitch. Once the balance is too much the other way, they become too much of a burden.

The likes of Rashford have never reached the levels of genius, but the two or three very good seasons he's had over his time here would be enough to put up with much of his off field flaws if he had the desire / ability to keep that level up consistently on the pitch. But he never has, and looks to lack that consistency, and hunger, to do so.

We need our key attacking players to be more consistent and hungry for success. We need our dressing room leaders to create a positive, professional attitude and one that demands desire to deliver trophies for the club. And I just don't think Rashford is the man for either of those roles, so would be happy enough to see him sold and replaced by someone who possesses those abilities.

clarkydaz

I would like him gone tbh. I see him as part of a group of players who have cultivated a toxic culture of unseriousness in our club in the last decade.

It's like the drinking culture of the 80s that Fergie had to eradicate.
Remember a few years back people were saying he needs to get away fom Lingard. Here we are

pablo__p

We should be ruthless. Doesn't matter your name, stature etc. United require certain standards and if they are not adhered to you're gone.

Current culture needs to die. Get rid of the bad influence and we should be so much better off. Most of these players are good/great talented pros but if they continuously observe other people behaving unprofesionally and getting away with it/rewarded with bumper contracts it does influence the good ones and their performance.

Irishman

Rashford is an utter embarrassment to the club and fans. A disgrace to the badge and to those who sweated blood down the years to turn this great club into a global renowned institution.

I do not want to see this pathetic excuse for a footballer play for our club anymore. To do so rewards a footballer who appears to enjoy trampling over loyalty and common decency the club craves.

Doracle

Good news that it sounds like he’s fit for the Wolves match. Hopefully we will see the Rash-Hoj-Nacho frontline again. With most of our first choice midfield and defence back again, I think that’s got real promise. Would be good to put down a statement performance against something of a bogey team for us.