View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

mctrials23

He lasted all of two games after his "rebirth" before he reverted to lazy, moody Rashford. Impressive stuff. As to why Mbappe doesn't press or track back? Come on, Mbappe is twice the player Rashford is. You get special treatment when you are good enough. You don't get it when you're playing averagely at best.

TheLittleOne

Got hit in the eye didn’t he? Not a foul but fairly obvious it would be painful.

Anyway, it’s clear he played well today so you need to take a good hard look at yourself as to why you feel the need to delude yourself otherwise. It’s not a good look.
He played decent apart from his usual anonnying antics. But outstanding?? I think you are the delusional one here.

Doracle

He played decent apart from his usual anonnying antics. But outstanding?? I think you are the delusional one here.
Well done. You’ve now acknowledged he had a good game but you aren’t in here berating those who have said he played poorly, just someone who thinks he played well. I’m comfortable with my description of his performance but thanks for your input.

iKeano

Back to himself again, walking pace tracking back, his weekly lesson in how to find defenders shins, negative body language and head down directionless when running.
Had one decent shot in fairness.
Then his habitual and utterly embarrassing face holding, rolling on the floor when he got lightly touched. It's a contact sport. Thing I noticed this time was not one teammate went near him, looked like they're sick of his antics too.
He done the same thing with 5mins to go in the FA Cup final and I don't think I'll ever get past it.
5/10

TheLittleOne

Well done. You’ve now acknowledged he had a good game but you aren’t in here berating those who have said he played poorly, just someone who thinks he played well. I’m comfortable with my description of his performance but thanks for your input.
You are entitled to you own opinion. Im just baffled by it and your choice of words.
I didn't respond to all other comments(i didn't even read all of them)? Cry me a river....
Don't put words in my mouth I didn't say he had a good game. He had a decent game (better than the recent ones he was absolutely awful) as in played few good passes and was good in transition making the game fast at times.
He still had some situations were his decision making was awful and for example he feigned pain near the corner flag where the opponent touched him lightly with his arm at his back of the head and he lost the ball, then he realized he might still get it but was too late and fouled the second player.
And that Barkley situation is certainly not down to tactics, it's him being lazy. His average Caf rating of 5.2 sounds about right.
and for the record you didn't say he played well, you said he was outstanding...talking about me being deluded..

Last edited:

miliebrowndivorceattorney

He does some attacking but without the ball he is walking of jogging back, doing nothing. That or making a foul or feigning an injury. He also constantly looks like a constipated owl. For 435 thousand pounds per week you expect a smile as bright as Jack Nicholson from the first till the 140th minute, whilst doing the same work as Garnacho on the other side, who does track back.

Mike Smalling

Rashford's defensive effort is rightly being criticized, but there is now so much scrutiny on him that the perception of his overall performances are often influenced by it too. Yesterday he had a few moments were he was indecisive on the ball, but he also had some pretty good runs, two pretty dangerous shots and should have had an assist.

Needs to sort out his defending, but his effort going forward was decent enough compared to his level.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He was alright overall but that clip of his 'pressing' is an awful look. I think he's mentally checked out

TheLittleOne

Rashford's defensive effort is rightly being criticized, but there is now so much scrutiny on him that the perception of his overall performances are often influenced by it too. Yesterday he had a few moments were he was indecisive on the ball, but he also had some pretty good runs, two pretty dangerous shots and should have had an assist.

Needs to sort out his defending, but his effort going forward was decent enough compared to his level.
There was one very powerfull shot Rashford took very well unfortunately it was straight at the keeper. Rashford did well there i'd say but Lutons keeper had a great game as well and had some brilliant saves overall.

7dan

Its getting tickly now–squeaky-bum time, I call it
All top teams obviously analysie each game and every detail in it so I'm so confused how this is allowed? How can ten hag and the couching staff think its acceptable!? At the team meetings do they not show this?

I'm genuinely baffled, you wouldn't get away with that in a 5 a side. He's literally strolling after barkley and it's being like this for years with Rashford.

Does he not see it back himself and feel embarrassed.

I thought it was deep fake AI when I saw the clip first.

TheLittleOne

All top teams obviously analysie each game and every detail in it so I'm so confused how this is allowed? How can ten hag and the couching staff think its acceptable!? At the team meetings do they not show this?

I'm genuinely baffled, you wouldn't get away with that in a 5 a side. He's literally strolling after barkley and it's being like this for years with Rashford.

some players are untouchable because of their standing and salary. for almost a decade by now every one surrounding him was blowing his d. So, no surprise , it happens to most people in this situation, he thinks hes above the club.

Last edited:

talking robot

Would Antony offer more on the left hand side than Rashford? It's a close call I guess, but I think Antony probably would just edge it (and he's not very good).

TheLittleOne

The problem these days is players are worth way to much , you cant afford losing them , you rather let go of a manager or do nothing and hope it will come good. player power is real, Pogba was a good example

I hear you, I just can't get my head around it. Do other players in the club just turn a blind eye to it? Surely he's being challenged on it, but obviously not a strong enough challenge because he keeps doing it.
As an outsider i think they mostly just take it as a part of the game. To me it seems when it comes to their career, everyone is on their own. They only blow up when it becomes a serious problem. on the pitch is one thing (and we saw some screaming recently), but to the media or outside of the club? When do you ever see a player criticize an other player or a manager a fellow manager? It has to be extremly severe for it to happen. For one, if they do so they might be the next.
Also for example Im not to impressed by all these Pogba was always a great example in the dressing room and training comments.
If someone from the media interviews you about your colleague would you spill the beans? Nah, you would go for the he's a nice guy kind of comment...
Sorry for mentioning Pogba again, I feel a little dirty now, because he actually seems like a nice guy.
Back to your question.... what should they do?

The last few games he has been a threat, which considering how poor he has looked for most of the season is pleasing. Next step would be to start finishing some of these chances more consistently and hopefully he can go on a nice run from now until the end of the season... which still wouldn't excuse the fact that he has gone missing for 2/3 of a season.

For the Barkely clip, it was 90+ minutes, we had just had a counter attack and he was clearly feeling it. If it was Mainoo, it wouldn't have been brought up.
No, we were 1 goal up and we need some fecking effort. If it was Mainoo it wouldn't have happened.

ps. blame Caf im out of messages, so it"s a mess

Last edited:

7dan

Its getting tickly now–squeaky-bum time, I call it
some players are untouchable because of their standing and salary. for almost a decade by now every one surrounding him was blowing his d. So, no surprise , it happens to most people in this situation. He thinks hes above the club.
I hear you, I just can't get my head around it. Do other players in the club just turn a blind eye to it? Surely he's being challenged on it, but obviously not a strong enough challenge because he keeps doing it.

Faetheshire86

The last few games he has been a threat, which considering how poor he has looked for most of the season is pleasing. Next step would be to start finishing some of these chances more consistently and hopefully he can go on a nice run from now until the end of the season... which still wouldn't excuse the fact that he has gone missing for 2/3 of a season.

For the Barkely clip, it was 90+ minutes, we had just had a counter attack and he was clearly feeling it. If it was Mainoo, it wouldn't have been brought up.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

You know people have a bit of an agenda when they call for him to be dropped after a game like this one...

The work rate on that Barkley clip is annoying, but he had a very good game overall.

Vidooq

Do you have any idea how many times he has done this jogging when he needs to defend, in the first 20 minutes of the game?

It was 90+ for Barkley as well BTW. Some of the reasons people find to excuse him for his laziness are truly shocking. He has done this exact thing over the years.

Nobody is getting on his case because he did it once, hence why nobody is bringing in Mainoo, which I believe you are unfairly throwing under the bus. It's because Rashford does this every game. Its who he has become as a footballer.

Last edited:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Do you have any idea how many times he has done this jogging when he needs to defend, in the first 20 minutes of the game?

It was 90+ for Barkley as well BTW. Some of the reasons people find to excuse him for his laziness are truly shocking. He has done this exact thing over the years.

Nobody is getting on his case because he did it once, hence why nobody is bringingin Mainoo, which I believe you are unfairly throwingunder the bus. Its because Rashford does this every game. Its who he has become as a footballer.
Not surprised.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Would Antony offer more on the left hand side than Rashford? It's a close call I guess, but I think Antony probably would just edge it (and he's not very good).
No chance.

As infuriating as Rashford is at least he is capable of moments of magic and has the physical attributes of pace and dribbling, most of the time.

Antony has absolutely nothing to his game.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Again, why would you change it? Zero evidence from matches that Antony just edges it.

We're winning matches and scoring goals again. Changing Rashford now for Antony would be an absurd decision (especially when again, Antony is out of form.) Him and Lindelof on the left side for us would also be a disaster.

None of the "analysis" from people on here is based on anything factual. Many have decided they don't want Rashford to play for us anymore and will constantly examine out of context clips to prove their point, often ignoring other evidence from the game to suggest he played OK.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

You know people have a bit of an agenda when they call for him to be dropped after a game like this one...

The work rate on that Barkley clip is annoying, but he had a very good game overall.
There is always the one situation any player can look bad. I dont like him much as a player but he has been decent recently and felt less selfish too

Gavinb33

There is always the one situation any player can look bad. I dont like him much as a player but he has been decent recently and felt less selfish too
Thats the nature of how things are consumed these days, youtube shorts, reels on Instagram or tik-tok just give me a clip and that will be the overriding memory of the game instead of a decent performance

Brightonian

Solid game. More energetic. Better defensive effort (that single Barkley clip aside). Beat his man a few times. Got a handful of good shots away. Interchanged well with Garnacho and Hojlund. Sharp passing in the build-up, and less stopping on the ball trying to look dangerous.

Garnacho was the bigger threat, but only narrowly.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
As the Barkley press video is getting a lot of air, only fair to post this knock in her too.

Really lovely pass - slowed down at exactly the perfect time for Garnach to take it into his stride.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Like someone said, there are few posters who post the same nonsense irrespective of how he plays. Imagine saying he had poor game or "not a single good moment" after that performance.

Lot of direct dribbling and good passes too.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Thing is that sort of work rate just won’t (and honestly shouldn’t) be tolerated by fans if a player isn’t producing in the final 3rd at a top level. People keep citing Mbappe for some stupid reason as if Mbappe hasn’t been banging in 40+ G/A since he was a teenager.

Personally I think he’s been pretty good going forward since Xmas on compared to early in the season, but there’s no denying at this point he doesn’t like to do much work defensively and he’s incredibly soft in challenges for someone who’s attacking output is so inconsistent. Its frustrating.

Lost bear

No chance.

As infuriating as Rashford is at least he is capable of moments of magic and has the physical attributes of pace and dribbling, most of the time.

Antony has absolutely nothing to his game.
Not a fan of Anthony but at least he’ll put in some effort. Rashford not so much. Full effort should surely be the basic contribution a player makes.

Rashford had for him a decent game against Luton. In my view, given his status and financial rewards at the club, he doesn’t do enough and I’d sell him if I could. No ‘agenda’, just an opinion based on several seasons of watching him.

Based Adnan

Selling him in the summer has to be a priority.

Cannot be allowed to stink up the gaff week in week out whilst putting in zero effort and being the highest paid at the club.

Danny

Absolute joke of a performance that. Pulling out of tackles, not running in behind much, barley touched the ball in the last 20 minutes when chasing the game.

SER19

a truly contemptible player. nothing at all to like or admire - the living steretype of an ego inflated far beyond ability and a player whose ambitions have already been fulfilled. play in the premier league and make a lot of money. the last miserable block of a horrible type of instagram grifter that has typified a rotten ten years and we should flog him to psg for 10m if theyre stupid enough to take his obscene wages off our hands.

Might just be my least favourite player ever.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
And some people want to keep him. He clearly doesn't want to be at the club