View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

UDontMessWith24

The pass to set up the assist for the first goal and the two would be assists McTominay should buried are something he absolutely has in his locker when he backs himself and makes his mind up quickly.

OldSchoolManc

* 7 v Liverpool
* 6 v Arsenal
* 6 v Spurs
* 6 v Chelsea
* 6 v City

That’s his outrageous record,. If we’re selling him, we better be selling for enough money to buy someone absolutely guaranteed to make a difference in the biggest of games.
Oh man! His worth just went up to 100 mill!
United are stupid to let him go, but 100 mill plus is twisting our arms!

Eddy_JukeZ

Our best big game player.

He still frustrates, but I hope he pushes on after this to end the season.

Oscar Bonavena

I've been a massive critic of Rashford for a long time but to be fair to him, he looked back to his dangerous best today for large parts of that game. He sitters he missed were both offside but he scored the one that counted.

He was very poor for Liverpool's opener, he just let Qansah walk past him. It's like he thinks tackling defenders is not his job. I don't know if this is something he'll ever get into his game. All he needs to do is watch the clip of Amad sprinting back to disposses Nunez (I think). That's what we want to see from him too! That's nothing to do with talent, that's just attitude.

I hope today kick starts the rest of his season. All in all though, if a decent offer came in from him, I'd still sell. We need a fresh start.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thats the best he's looked operating as a striker for a long, long time.

Obviously its a really low bar, but still.

eire-red

We should not forget the two he beautifully squared for McTominay, who should really have scored one or both of them. Also his ball through to Garnacho for the first.

Got his goal today and was a threat all afternoon. A bit of the good, the bad and the ugly, but you can't deny that Rashford produces pivotal moments and his big game record is ridiculous.

Sir Marcus

Criticise his performance today all you want but if he plays like that every week he’ll score and assist loads.

Golden Nugget

Brilliant game from him today. Yeah the miss was bad, but I don’t mind when he keeps running and keeps trying - he was rewarded with a goal later and should have had an assist too

Wilt

Criticise his performance today all you want but if he plays like that every week he’ll score and assist loads.
Was he that good?

He had nothing more than a decent game which Is what should be expected of a player of his seniority and salary.

Look forward to his next decent effort ….whenever that will be?

Doracle

Was he that good?

He had nothing more than a decent game which Is what should be expected of a player of his seniority and salary.

He has been playing very well since Xmas. Generally seems it takes about 3 months for the Caf to catch up, so people will probably be accepting he is playing well in a few more weeks.

Yesterday he was simply outstanding. 5 key passes and the critical pass for the first goal, an excellent goal himself, 90% pass accuracy and gave Liverpool’s defence a torrid time with his movement and vision throughout the match. If you compare him to Diaz at the other end, there was a chasm between them.

Shimo

He has been playing very well since Xmas. Generally seems it takes about 3 months for the Caf to catch up, so people will probably be accepting he is playing well in a few more weeks.

Yesterday he was simply outstanding. 5 key passes and the critical pass for the first goal, an excellent goal himself, 90% pass accuracy and gave Liverpool’s defence a torrid time with his movement and vision throughout the match. If you compare him to Diaz at the other end, there was a chasm between them.
Last weekend watching Liverpool/City game, was thinking, if Rashford had Diaz's fight/determination, something he really had in the first couple years, then he'd be considered one of the best around. Getting that consistent effort out of him has been his biggest problem. He himself feeds of that energy.

Wilt

Have a day off man, enjoy the win and yet another big goal from an academy lad.
Of course it was a great and memorable win and Rashford played his part.

But this thread is about Rashford and he must take part responsibility for the crap season we’ve had until now.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Of course it was a great and memorable win and Rashford played his part.

But this thread is about Rashford and he must take part responsibility for the crap season we’ve had until now.
He's staying, to the rest of his career probably. At some point you'll have to enjoy it, even if team ends next season behind Crystal Palace.

Yikes.

Absolutely, but he’s had 8 goal contributions in his last 13 games, including goals vs Spurs, City & Liverpool so maybe, just maybe, after yesterday’s win, it’s time to give it a break?

Rossa

13 games, 8 goals/assists.

Goals v. City, Liverpool & Spurs in that run too.

Absolutely it’s true.
That's not bad at all, and somewhat surprising. He has looked a fair bit sharper, and yesterday he looked as fast as ever, and he worked his socks off. The miss in the dyers ember of the game was bad, but from the look of it, nobody felt it worse than him. He's getting chances now; he's making the runs, and he's looking to get back to his game. I hope he has a strong run-in to the season. It can make all the difference to a top four challenge.

Wilt

Absolutely, but he’s had 8 goal contributions in his last 13 games, including goals vs Spurs, City & Liverpool so maybe, just maybe, after yesterday’s win, it’s time to give it a break?
Do agree he’s played much better in recent big games and hopefully will continue up till the EOS.

He gets a lot of criticism and deservedly so. All people ask is he plays like he’s capable of without all the excuses and drama.

He’s a luxury the club can’t afford and think it’s time he and the club departed ways.

The_Midfielder

Was he that good?

He was good ..
Garnacho pass for the goal..
2 McT passes
Threaded ball across the goalpost
1 goal..
1 miss ( still cannot believe it )

Doracle

That's not bad at all, and somewhat surprising. He has looked a fair bit sharper, and yesterday he looked as fast as ever, and he worked his socks off. The miss in the dyers ember of the game was bad, but from the look of it, nobody felt it worse than him. He's getting chances now; he's making the runs, and he's looking to get back to his game. I hope he has a strong run-in to the season. It can make all the difference to a top four challenge.
It’s coincided with moving Garnacho to the right wing. Since that point, Rashford has 8 GA in 13, Garnacho 7 in 14 and Hojlund 10 in 9. Given that I would argue our midfield has still been struggling to control games in that period, they are actually doing extremely well as a front 3. If I only looked at the games where they’ve all played together, it would be even more impressive.

Eric_the_Red99

Was far from a perfect performance, but I’m pretty sure that if he’d been taken off, as many people on here were calling for in the second half, we would have lost that match.

I can’t think of many occasions where he’s been hauled off and we’ve looked any better, even when he’s played badly. What often happens is that opponents will take it as an opportunity to push their defence up to the halfway line as we have nobody capable of getting in behind them (Garnacho has usually run himself into the ground by that point in a match).

Even if he stumbles into double figures for goals, it will have been a very disappointing season for Rashford. But I think he’s being unfairly scapegoated for much bigger problems elsewhere - mainly in midfield.

Hester_manc

3 goals in 3 games can hardly be better. But you have to praise some United fans - they are good at maintaining pessimism

jem

13 games, 8 goals/assists.

Absolutely it’s true.
All that does is show stats only tell part of the story. He was better yesterday, but he's had some very underwhelming performances post-Xmas. If that's great form, then we have to question our standards.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He scored a goal, created two excellent chances for McTominay, had a good pass for Garnacho for the first goal. Was pressing their GK at 119th match.

Any other player and that'd have been a 8/10, for Rashford it seems the bar is higher.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Thought he came alive when he went to CF and we looked better for it. His work rate backwards on the wing is still a problem, but overall a very good performance from him. Much more like it.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He scored a goal, created two excellent chances for McTominay, had a good pass for Garnacho for the first goal. Was pressing their GK at 119th match.

Any other player and that'd have been a 8/10, for Rashford it seems the bar is higher.
Also had two terrible misses and was poor for almost half of normal time. I'd give him a 7/10 which is probably around the consensus.

Is he world class again after one good performance?

13 games, 8 goals/assists since Christmas

Not World Class, although his performance at the weekend was getting there (not many player have given Liverpool such a headache this season), but certainly good form for any United winger during any generation.

If he can keep this up till the end of the season, he’ll have been in good to excellent form for 1.5 seasons of 2, yet reading this forum you’d think he’s some mug who barely knows how to play football.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His media team have to be the hardest working team in the country. He doesn’t need this.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His media team have to be the hardest working team in the country. He doesn’t need this.
If I'm not wrong, his mom has a column in times.

Last edited:

Marcus

We need him to bring his family to games. Let them be his greatest supporters and critics. When I saw him with his nephew and niece on the pitch, I knew he would put in a positive performance so as not to embarrass them.