4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Woziak

He has lost at least a yard of pace.
Cannot outrun centre backs any more which means he is pretty much useless.
I don’t think that’s true he’s 26, he’s either carrying an injury or he’s living the highlife too much which is probably what’s effecting him, if he has a drinking problem that would make sense. And if so he needs help and taken out of the team.

The Purley King

I don’t think that’s true he’s 26, he’s either carrying an injury or he’s living the highlife too much which is probably what’s effecting him, if he has a drinking problem that would make sense. And if so he needs help and taken out of the team.
He was much faster a few years ago could take a few yards out of a defender on a sprint but he can’t any more.
I don’t know why this is but it means he is largely ineffective

Doracle

Redcafe: "if he at least put in a shift then we'd get off his back"

Rashford starts putting in a shift (although clearly lacking fitness)

Redcafe: "get rid #@&*!" In numerous variations
It was bizarre watching the first half yesterday and reading the match chat:

Rashford plays a good pass - nothing
Rashford loses the ball once - “get this guy off”

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He needs to be sold but they will want at least £100m for him and he’s only going to go to PSG for £70m max, we just need to sell Sancho, Antony and Marcus and get two ballers in, easier said then done as those three are nearly £1m per week!
They paid €85m for Kolo Muani. We'll get more than that for Rashford.

Woziak

He was much faster a few years ago could take a few yards out of a defender on a sprint but he can’t any more.
I don’t know why this is but it means he is largely ineffective
He looked like he had that same pace when he waltzed through the Italian defence when England won 3-1

Red Regista

When did Traore last have a 40 GA+ season?
I think his one season where he scored for fun is overrated. He's been a first team player and regular since 2015. He's had one season where he scored for fun and his debut season where he just played great football.
Other than that he's been pretty average, especially under Ole.

kaku06

I can’t stand him. Should be the first player to get the boot this summer but won’t be as the guy runs the place. He’s untouchable. Even if psg bids 100m euros for him he won’t be sold I’m sure of that.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd say an anomaly, it was a great run of form, but clearly was his career purple patch and he can get nowhere near that level for whatever reason.
I think I get what you mean. Let's see, I hope he's wrong but a lot will depend on how Rashford reacts to this season. I don't think playing him when he's recovering from injury or out of form helps him though. He should be on the bench.

Our recruitment has been shit, during our most successful periods we had multiple capable strikers. If one is out of form he was benched..... Let's a player know they have to fight to be in the team and allows one time to work themselves back into some type of form - while coming in as a sub.

ForeverRed1

What do you mean he was our chosen one? This is precisely the problem, players and managers are given a status before even achieving anything at the club. He’s had two purple patches in his entire career then gets given a big contract on £300k a week. Moyes 7 year contract and titled the Chosen one. Solskjaer given a contract after a jammy win against PSG. The board need to stop making decision based on emotion. Genuinely feels like decisions have been made on fans hype.
Okay by that I meant he’s our highest paid, homegrown, poster boy who theoretically could have been a talisman for us. He’s essentially now viewed as a talisman but he isn’t. It hasn’t turned out the way we’d hoped. . I’m the first to say I hope we sell him in the summer and i absolutely agree with you regarding the unwarranted hype around him. We’re doing it to Mainoo now. Too much too soon when there’s along way to go. (Mainoo is a massive talent with huge potential but so was rashford at that age). Young players need to be protected and nurtured and not treated like gods without so much as a premier league trophy to their name.

jem

I think his one season where he scored for fun is overrated. He's been a first team player and regular since 2015. He's had one season where he scored for fun and his debut season where he just played great football.
He was excellent in the first half of 2019-20 (better than last season, in my opinion.) He’s a lost cause now, though.

Silverman

His work rate was better against Bournemouth I thought. The problem is he seems to have become completely ineffective. Constantly loses the ball cos he just tries to run through blocks of players.

Piskin

He was excellent in the first half of 2019-20 (better than last season, in my opinion.) He’s a lost cause now, though.
Don't think PSG would want him now. Maybe a move to Germany to be with his mate Sancho? Anyways he has to be sold off even at a loss as he & some others are a bad influence on the squad.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Fair. I must be daft for thinking a PL proven forward who has reached 20+ goals and 10+ assists in 3 out of his last 4 seasons would fetch a similar fee to Mudryk who played less than 50 games in the Ukrainian league.
There's a shortage of strikers on the market, hence the high prices.

That is not the case for left wingers and Chelsea aren't exactly the best example to quote. More importantly, outside of a part of the United fanbase, Rashford isn't considered as a player who'd command a 70M transfer fee, let alone more. PSG are also shifting away from their ruinous and pointless "Galactico" strategy. If you think that they're going to pay this kind of money for him, then you're wrong.

If they come for him at all, which I personally doubt.

clarkydaz

its literally one club people are hanging their hat on paying for him, ONE club. And they had a different manager then

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Rashford isn't considered as a player who'd command a 70M transfer fee, let alone more. PSG are also shifting away from their ruinous and pointless "Galactico" strategy. If you think that they're going to pay this kind of money for him, then you're wrong.

If they come for him at all, which I personally doubt.
I swear the people saying Rashford won't command a 70m fee are the same posters whinging about how we always get fleeced in the transfer market. Look at some of the players who have been sold for a similar amount. Given Rashford's age, contract length and goalscoring numbers over the past few years, it really isn't that much of a stretch to think we can get over 70m for him.

C'est Moi Cantona

I swear the people saying Rashford won't command a 70m fee are the same posters whinging about how we always get fleeced in the transfer market. Look at some of the players who have been sold for a similar amount. Given Rashford's age, contract length and goalscoring numbers over the past few years, it really isn't that much of a stretch to think we can get over 70m for him.
It would only happen if PSG went all in for him, and Rashford pushed hard for the move.

Seems very unlikely.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Was watching the Villa and Palace game. The amount of defensive work on top of attacking their widemen produced really made me realize how lazy he truly is

Leethal

feck him off at earliest opportunity. Rather than a statement signing, a statement selling. Lazy, greedy bastard.

Frustrating knowing that regardless of how shite he is currently, he continues to get starts. What incentive has he got to up his levels, when there is no fear of being dropped?

Bin.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It will be around 60-65 I think. I do think if they were serious last summer we could have gotten them to pay 80-100m for him coming off the season he had, but considering his wages and poor season now that's not happening.

Kolo Muani was almost 2 years younger when they bought him than what Rashford will be, and he was also coming off a huge season in the Bundesliga and thus was at the peak of his perceived value.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger

1: It's not that simple as you also have to take into account that Rashford is one of the best paid players in the Premier League. 70m transfer fee + his reported wages is a fairly big chunk of money. The list of teams able to pay his wages isn't long, and i would wager that the list of teams willing to pay a high transfer fee + high wages is quite short, if it's a list at all.

Also, you either luck out with the type of teams looking for players or you don’t.

How many of the teams on that list are actually looking to spend money in a player in Rashfords position?

You potentially have two, PSG and Barcelona.

We tend to get fleeced in the transfer market because players are usually on higher wages at United, which makes the overall deal more expensive for the buyer.

Not to mention that Rashford has a say as well.

2:
His output this season is a continued form from the 26th of february 23, which is going to be a concern for everyone interested in buying him.

An even bigger concern is that his overall performances are a bit of a disaster, and his work rate is even worse. He's at an age where you expect him to be fare more mature, both with his on the pitch performances and how he acts off the pitch. Him fecking off to go clubbing, to the point where he missed training, pretty much sums him up this season.

So far this season: 31 league games: 7 goals (2 penalties) and 2 assists.

FA cup: 3 games, 1 goal, 1 assist

CL: 4 matches 2 assists
League cup. 1 match

So 39 matches, 8 goals, 5 assists.

0,205 goals per match
0,128 assists per match

So he's essentially on course to finish the season with 1 more goal

If you look at goals scored in open play, his output this season is pretty much on par with the disaster season that was 21/22. Even including penalties it's not exactly a knockout win.

Last season was a bit of an anomaly no matter how you look at it, with the vast amount of goals scored within a 2 month period where he averaged around a goal per match.

Before the world cup: 19 matches, 8 goals. : 0,42

Same amount of matches after the world cup: 10th dec - 26th february: 19 matches, 17 goals.: 0,89

26th of february and onwards until end of season: 20 matches, 5 goals.: 0,25

I really, really don't think anyone is interested in paying a high fee and high transfer fee.

I think the only way Rashford is leaving this summer is if the club is happy to partially finance his wages by either accepting a reduced transfer fee or by compensating him directly when he leaves. In reality, it's not happening and we can only hope that he performs much, much, much better in the 24/25 season, because if he continues the form he's currently in then we're fecked.

Lentwood

It was bizarre watching the first half yesterday and reading the match chat:

Rashford plays a good pass - nothing
Rashford loses the ball once - “get this guy off”
Sorry but the standard at Manchester United (even now) should be that you expect "good passes" as par for the course.

Losing the ball is sacrilege. Once or twice can be excused but Rashford is so wasteful. The most frustrating thing for me is that he never seems to have a plan. It's head down, run into traffic, hope for a gap to appear

Oranges038

Was watching the Villa and Palace game. The amount of defensive work on top of attacking their widemen produced really made me realize how lazy he truly is
I think people who think he works hard and is good at certain things, don't watch a lot of other teams.

Whatever about his contribution on the ball, off the ball his attacking movement and attempts to close down players and space lacks intensity, aggression and intelligence. He just looks like he's not arsed most of the time, you get the odd sprint and token effort, but it's not enough.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think people who think he works hard and is good at certain things, don't watch a lot of other teams.

Whatever about his contribution on the ball, off the ball his attacking movement and attempts to close down players and space lacks intensity, aggression and intelligence. He just looks like he's not arsed most of the time, you get the odd sprint and token effort, but it's not enough.
I don't think it's too much to ask for competent attacking and defensive play. Too many players do it around Europe for Rashford to think he's beyond that

Oranges038

I don't think it's too much to ask for competent attacking and defensive play. Too many players do it around Europe for Rashford to think he's beyond that
It's just brains and workrate.

It's not too much to ask for.

Melville Red

I'd say an anomaly, it was a great run of form, but clearly was his career purple patch and he can get nowhere near that level for whatever reason.
His new contract tells you why. Instead of cashing in after a freak season the board decided to pay him £350k a week, since then he puts more attention into polishing his rollers than training and playing and actually earning that money.
I better not say what I really think of him or I’ll get put on the naughty step.

BorisManUtd

I wouldn't be against both him and Casemiro leaving this summer, especially if we get decent money for them.

luke511

Our full rebuild hangs on us selling him, it has to be done. Mount, Bruno and Amad can be back up on the left to Garnacho.

Vidooq

He would never play for City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen with those half-hearted attempts at being a footballer. No way.

iKeano

1000% this.

An underwhelming season like this isn't the anomaly, it's the norm. Last season was the one off.
His BAU is a few flashes of brilliance each season among continual complaining, being grumpy for being played out of his seemingly as of yet unknown favourite position, throwing his hands up in frustration, jogging around aimlessly, head down running into defenders shins and then limping around like Andy Murray feigning injury.
Rinse, PR, repeat.
The undroppable fraud.