Marcus Rashford - Linked to PSG

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Hes had injuries and decent amount of positional turmoil. I don’t love his form, but some players “seem” lazy on the pitch when they’re not…and he’s one that I think gives a great effort. Sometimes you’re punished for playing hurt since you don’t look right, and I think he’s in that boat.

His public efforts are obviously amazing and he’s never been anything but a solid professional off the pitch. I have no idea why so many don’t want to see him here 100% healthy with a solid manager.
He's still playing hurt?

Frank White

He's still playing hurt?
Very much doubt it, like literally everyone else in the team just looks lost atm. We still don't no how to defend properly, attacking wise we're a shambles and are midfield gets dominated by relegation fodder. The injury excuses need to die, he's come out and said he feels great and he's had multiple managers say he's training well. It's time to actually perform now, same goes for nearly everyone else too.

lex talionis

The unthinkable quite often comes to pass. Rashford probably goes nowhere, but it's quite possible that he'll agree to be sold to PSG, the fish tank notwithstanding.

JeffFromHK

Hes had injuries and decent amount of positional turmoil. I don’t love his form, but some players “seem” lazy on the pitch when they’re not…and he’s one that I think gives a great effort. Sometimes you’re punished for playing hurt since you don’t look right, and I think he’s in that boat.

His public efforts are obviously amazing and he’s never been anything but a solid professional off the pitch. I have no idea why so many don’t want to see him here 100% healthy with a solid manager.
He is actually lazy on the pitch bar a few runs to pressure the goalkeeper, never make offball runs and loves to stand and spectate the game on the pitch, wanting the ball to his feet.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
His value is at an all-time low. I would believe that ETH can coach him and use him more effectively this year. No point selling him now. It would be cruel to his new fish as well. They need continuity in their lives, and I'm sure there's nobody more reliable for feeding their fish than Rashford.

OptimisedRed

I really, really want Rashford to come good again. He was never the most composed player, but his determination and effort was at a time top notch. He is a skillful attacker and can definitely justify a place in our squad if he can rediscover his form. He wanted it so bad when he first got a chance. He needs to go back to that.
I do think that he has been distracted by his off-field activities (although I applaud what he has achieved and continues to try and change), but he needs to earn his place on the pitch, and can't be given minutes because of his profile. It just appears that he isn't giving it his all at the minute.

Maybe having a competent DM will unleash him again. If not, then he can move on next summer. I would expect Rashford to be more likely than Martial to get back on track but we shall soon see.

pogbasformerbarber

He is actually lazy on the pitch bar a few runs to pressure the goalkeeper, never make offball runs and loves to stand and spectate the game on the pitch, wanting the ball to his feet.
The last part is key…he needs to work on being off ball but he’s been very good IMHO with the ball at his feet. He just needs to evolve as a player and new manager is critical for that type of development. He’s not a finished product yet…

I’m not saying he’s world class…I’m just saying he still has the potential to be better. I could be wrong but I think it’s a mistake to move on at this point…

Tiki-Taka

It’s very obvious that he will perform with the whole team performing. I have no idea why everyone is convinced Antony would be so much better, Rashford has shown much more up to now. I do hope we get Antony, but we need to appreciate what we have too.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not for Sale. Rashy will get his mojo back. Backing him to score again at the weekend.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yikes.

One game - I don't think he was even good today - after years of misery has folk crawling out the woodwork.
He wasn't good? He terrorised one of the best defences in world football.

Get a life you sad little man.

Jezpeza

I thought he was outstanding tonight, reminded us what he is capable of but he needs to do this every game for quite some time to get his cred back.

DutchCruijff

He wasn't good? He terrorised one of the best defences in world football.

Get a life you sad little man.
Quite frankly, you have to be a fecking idiot to think that was a good performance. The consensus in match day chat was to hook him at half time.

He was even offside for the goal despite clear view of the last man -
He needs to go and we need to sell him in January.

Loony BoB

He was even offside for the goal despite clear view of the last man
This is a poor critique. He wasn't offside by the rules we play with this season, which are the ones that count (and in my opinion are the better rules - the benefit of the doubt should go to the striker). So, he literally wasn't offside. And I say this as someone who has said he is very bad at playing the line against the last defender during today's match thread.

He wasn't bad today by any means. Not a world class performance but it was a good one.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I'd still sell him. He didn't do anything amazing. The only really good thing was that random dribbling bit where he got overexcited and skied the ball.

Still happy he scored and hopefully this increases his price.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Quite frankly, you have to be a fecking idiot to think that was a good performance. The consensus in match day chat was to hook him at half time.

:houllier: :lol: :houllier: fecking hell take your hate elsewhere. He was very good today, terrorized TAA. Yeah first half he had a hard time against VVD and Gomez, most strikers do. But he worked hard, made good runs, and second half in particular was class and deserved his goal.

PSG can feck off with their money.

Loony BoB

It's worth noting that he's been good in pre-season and he seems to be playing particularly well alongside Martial, the two seem to have some level of synergy that pays off for us. Sancho and Elanga suit the style of play they use too. I don't think we should sell him - although if PSG offered us 100m I'd probably take it and buy another striker. But seriously, I feel that even if he isn't a starter every game, he's a great player to have rotating in. Antony coming in will probably see a lot more competition for places.

DutchCruijff

:houllier: :lol: :houllier: fecking hell take your hate elsewhere. He was very good today, terrorized TAA. Yeah first half he had a hard time against VVD and Gomez, most strikers do. But he worked hard, made good runs, and second half in particular was class and deserved his goal.

PSG can feck off with their money.
One match.

One match in years and United should turn down £60m+?

Is this fanbase full of reactionary children?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Mate.... honestly just go and do something else with your life. Moaning and complaining about the match winner in the big one.

Oh and by the way Rashford has scored 5 of our last 9 goals against Liverpool.

DutchCruijff

Mate.... honestly just go and do something else with your life. Moaning and complaining about the match winner in the big one.

Oh and by the way Rashford has scored 5 of our last 9 goals against Liverpool.
Wow. What a trophy for Rashford.

Oh, by the way, he's also been a regular in our worst drought for decades.

He's not good enough. Needs selling ASAP.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
One match.

To answer your last question, yes it’s almost fashionable to be reactionary in these parts. Rashford isn't going to be consistent as what most people on here are hoping. I like him and he needs a clean slate…..at a new club

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
One match.

He had a bad season last year as did everyone else. He is young enough. He is perfectly capable of coming back to how he was before last season, which is worth comfortably more than 60m. Selling him now is just a dumb decision. Which thankfully we won't do.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Hahahaha suck it up. Rashy ain't going anywhere. Probably score again at the weekend now and make you even more upset.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

tell the truth, you were absolutely gutted he scored tonight weren't you

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Don't sweat it, mate. Far too many people on here are up Rashie's backside. I've wanted him gone for years.

Giggsy13

This post is absolutely full of shite.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'm as anti rashford as they come but he was brilliant against Pool.

I'd still sell him. I know he has these games in him especially when he faces slow defenses but I'd take the money

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'd still sell him. I know he has these games in him especially when he faces slow defenses but I'd take the money
I agree (although no one has actually bid). If someone came in with a huge offer the sharp thing to do would be to cash in. But I doubt that’s happening anyways.

He still is very effective in counter attacking games like this one. I just don’t know if he can be effective enough that he justifies a huge new contract

norm87cro

Even before yesterday I never wanted him to leave. Its funny how a lack of confidence + bad management can f... you up. He has had a horrid last season. Somehow always had Trents number and yesterday isnt the first time he made him look silly. ETH can probably use him but we dont know if yesterday wasnt just a silver patch in a season that is bound to be rocky and unpredictable. So yeah its probably in his best interest to go to PSG and I can see him scoring 15+ in that league and contributing in the CL.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Same.

He did well yesterday but long way to being worth his salary and being a starter in a possesion based team. A step forward at least.

RedOrange

I thought he played well but the game plan for this match was basically Ole's tactics from 2019-20 with some more energetic pressing early in the halves.

The big difference was in his effort level, he was flying for the first 20 minutes of each half. He seemed to build confidence as the match wore on as well. He made some nice moves to get around defenders a few times later in the game, which he has struggled with for a while.

The question is how he will look in matches where United have the ball 60% of the time, although I think we saw a few things out of him today that weren't there in the Brighton and Brentford matches.

Threesus

Sell him, get Antony and let’s get this thing rolling. Really really hope we don’t give him a new contract. We already have elanga and he provides the same thing that rashford has for a fraction of his wage. And wouldn’t mind being a sub for quite some time.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Love you Rashford!

Will always have my support from just a regular supporter.