Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Overall his sub was a waste of an option and unnecessary minutes when we conceded. I'm sure Ole put him on the pitch to exploit the innevitable spaces Leicester were going to leave behind while chasing the goal, especially if Ricardo Pereira was coming on. But alas, the plan went in the bin immediately.

Probably Ole would've preferred Pogba or Shaw instead if making the sub at 1:2. I know I would.
To win a game, Rashford was not the right option. But I guess Ole is more concerned about hm giving him game time to find his form.

Jon@thon

Just watched Rios 'Between the Lines' with Rooney and Rashford. Not sure when this was recorded but something about Rashford just seems 'off', he doesn't come across as a young guy loving his job or enjoying life. A particular point at 17:30 he talks about how he gets angry at himself if he failed to make a pass so probably trying too hard after the smallest of mistakes. Hopefully just needs a break and is back to his best next season.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I like and rate him but what's wrong with him lately? Plays games as if he was forced to play in testimonial of somebody he detests. If it was injury then surely this was a game he would never feature in.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I like and rate him but what's wrong with him lately? Plays games as if he was forced to play in testimonial of somebody he detests. If it was injury then surely this was a game he would never feature in.
I think he might be overplayed and has struggled over the last 18 months with some disabling injuries.

Hopefully he hits the ground running beginning of next season he looks tired mentally.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s been a worse player since he came back last year. The end of last season he couldn’t buy a goal or an assist. He carried us through the first half of this season where we made really really hard work of it. Especially sloppy and static since after xmas and Cavani and Pogba have played him out of our best team. I think he was a 100% lock to start the euros for England but I reckon Southgate will be looking at his other options a lot more closely after the last few months.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just watched Rios 'Between the Lines' with Rooney and Rashford. Not sure when this was recorded but something about Rashford just seems 'off', he doesn't come across as a young guy loving his job or enjoying life. A particular point at 17:30 he talks about how he gets angry at himself if he failed to make a pass so probably trying too hard after the smallest of mistakes. Hopefully just needs a break and is back to his best next season.
He's just missing the JLingz bants.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Good post, yeah he does seem like the type that seems to take things too seriously. Needs to go back to the basics.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I think he might be overplayed and has struggled over the last 18 months with some disabling injuries.

Hopefully he hits the ground running beginning of next season he looks tired mentally.
Could be that. I refuse to believe this is the explosive Rashford we know.

-Supreme-

He's very lucky to be getting the Liverpool game ahead of Mason.
Ole has planned it well given that it's a must win game for Liverpool so no doubt they will attack and Rashford's pace will be important in the counter attack set up. The same reason why he was bought on today when we were still 1-1 with Leicester needed to win but we conceded immediately has ruined his plan.

SAFMUTD

Just as Bruno, he has been really poor lately with some very puntual moments of quality that have hide that fact. We need consistency from him, today he looked lost and uninterested.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Just as Bruno, he has been really poor lately with some very puntual moments of quality that have hide that fact. We need consistency from him, today he looked lost and uninterested.
Tbf I thought Bruno in the Roma game was back to his best.

It's obvious that Rashford is hobbled by multiple niggling injuries, and he isn't a player that is going to be full of quality without his explosiveness. He's a decent finisher on his right and can whip a cross but he's not technically supreme so without his full physical powers he's just a bit diminished. He really needs a long rest as he's a completely different player when fully fit but sadly I don't know if he'll get it

SAFMUTD

Tbf I thought Bruno in the Roma game was back to his best.

It's obvious that Rashford is hobbled by multiple niggling injuries, and he isn't a player that is going to be full of quality without his explosiveness. He's a decent finisher on his right and can whip a cross but he's not technically supreme so without his full physical powers he's just a bit diminished. He really needs a long rest as he's a completely different player when fully fit but sadly I don't know if he'll get it
He's been playing injured all season it seems, problem is he's key to su so we cant lose him for months and with the Euro comming this summer and the World Cup next summer I dont think he'll be fully fit in a really long time.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He will level out as an inferior player to Greenwood, I’m quite confident of it.

stw2022

I think he’s plateauing say 99.999% of players who look exciting in their teens and early 20s do. It’s carried on too long to be a ‘blip’. He can still pull off a good cameo every now and again that describes just about every forward player in the league.

I’ve not seen sustained quality from him for such a long time and this is a period where he should have kicked on much more than he has. As a player and in terms of his overall play already Greenwood has overtaken him for me

I think Fergie would have been more ruthless in terms of his game time

3vra

not gonna happen but with Grealish instead of Rashford we would be muuuuch better team.

After that food helping thing he is not bottered to play football anymore there is not that spark he used to have before.

I really do not like our team with him in it right now.

Posh Red

not gonna happen but with Grealish instead of Rashford we would be muuuuch better team.

After that food helping thing he is not bottered to play football anymore there is not that spark he used to have before.

I really do not like our team with him in it right now.
I won’t botter reading your posts next time

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He needs time off. I'd rather he didn't play again this season (except in the EL final) and in the Euros. Recharge and heal and he'll be raring at the bits next season.

Highfather_24

Needs a long rest/surgery/therapy whatever. Looks a shadow of his former self.
:wenger:

I feel bad for Rashford. Selfishly I hope he doesnt go to the euros, takes a long rest, and then hits the ground running with a proper pre-season. He's one of our most important players.

Swiss_Red89

No way he quits the Euros. Best we can hope for is he gets the time needed to recover after the Euros. If that means that he will miss the first weeks of next season, so be it. We should be able to replace him if we add another attacking player. (I hope for Sancho)

And to the people who claim that we would be a "much better team with Grealish"...yeah exactly, our second highest contributer is that much of a problem. I assume the same people would hammer Grealish as soon as he doesn't perform to the expected standard.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Honestly he has been poor this season. Maybe the focus he has put on his (very positive and admirable) off-field works this season has made him take his eye off the ball a bit as a footballer. Cant say I would blame him if this were the case - there are issues in the world far greater than football, and sometimes getting a bit of perspective can really make you re-evaluate.

Either way, I would like and hope to see more from him next season. Doesnt feel like he has truly kicked on and is in real danger of stagnating and becoming another fairly average, overhyped English player.

Honestly he has been poor this season. Maybe the focus he has put on his (very positive and admirable) off-field works this season has made him take his eye off the ball a bit as a footballer. Cant say I would blame him if this were the case - there are issues in the world far greater than football, and sometimes getting a bit of perspective can really make you re-evaluate.

Either way, I would like and hope to see more from him next season. Doesnt feel like he has truly kicked on and is in real danger of stagnating and becoming another fairly average, overhyped English player.
20 goals and 15 assists.

poor.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
20 goals and 15 assists.

poor.
The stats are definitely better than you would expect from the performances, although last season he got 17 league goals in 31 games, this year he is on 10 from 35 so far. The only half decent team he has scored against in the league this season is Leicester.

My biggest critiques of him though - as I said before - are that he simply doesnt seem as sharp or focused. Also seems a lot lazier that he used to be - fortunately Shaw has been in the form of his life, and Pogba has started playing on the left as well, maybe to help compensate for Rashfords lack of defensive energy. The idea that he has been playing through injuries may well also be a contributing factor.

I just think there is a lot more to come from Rashford and would be disappointed to see him fail to reach his potential.

The stats are definitely better than you would expect from the performances, although last season he got 17 league goals in 31 games, this year he is on 10 from 35 so far.

My biggest critiques of him though - as I said before - are that he simply doesnt seem as sharp or focused. Also seems a lot lazier that he used to be - fortunately Shaw has been in the form of his life, and Pogba has started playing on the left as well, maybe to help compensate for Rashfords lack of defensive energy. The idea that he has been playing through injuries may well also be a contributing factor.

I just think there is a lot more to come from Rashford and would be disappointed to see him fail to reach his potential.
he’s been patchy. But also played out of position quite a lot and clearly has some lingering injury challenges.

I certainly wouldn’t describe him as poor, and think he’s one of our most important players.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
he’s been patchy. But also played out of position quite a lot and clearly has some lingering injury challenges.

I certainly wouldn’t describe him as poor, and think he’s one of our most important players.
Maybe "poor" was too harsh and I was judging too much on his more recent form - he only has 3 league goals in 2021. In the league this season his goals have been against Brighton, Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Wolves, West Ham, Leicester and Southampton. Assists are pretty similar reading.

For one of our "most important players" I would suggest that his record against the bigger sides has not been good enough this year.

Honestly the concern right now (without personally knowing Marcus or having any great insight into him) is if he has simply lost his love for the game, or has decided to switch his focus to off-field activities. He wouldnt be the first high profiler footballer to do so.

Maybe "poor" was too harsh and I was judging too much on his more recent form - he only has 3 league goals in 2021. In the league this season his goals have been against Brighton, Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Wolves, West Ham, Leicester and Southampton. Assists are pretty similar reading.

For one of our "most important players" I would suggest that his record against the bigger sides has not been good enough this year.

Honestly the concern right now (without personally knowing Marcus or having any great insight into him) is if he has simply lost his love for the game, or has decided to switch his focus to off-field activities. He wouldnt be the first high profiler footballer to do so.
I don’t see a player who has switched focus or fallen out of love. I see a player who has been played out of his favourite position, and who has been persevering though injury and making himself available for virtually every match - despite clearly not being 100%.

Last edited:

adkb

I am so annoyed with his performance. This big shot player has zero ball control and awareness! And he literally walks about like he is the king! Please. Sign Sancho so this one gets a kick up the ass!

mewnew11

I am so annoyed with his performance. This big shot player has zero ball control and awareness! And he literally walks about like he is the king! Please. Sign Sancho so this one gets a kick up the ass!
+1

Godfather

That first half was something else. His second half proves it's an injury either which is even more concerning

Chairman Steve

I never want to see him on the right again. And he should not be going to the Euros if it’s true that he’s carrying this injury that’s slowing him down. Bite the bullet and take the surgery. If you’re not starting for England theres no point warming the bench

LJJT

Needs to play on the left. Some games he’s ineffective and pogba better out there it’s just about working out which player suits which game. Rashford should have played on the left from the start today

Status
Not open for further replies.