5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Supreme-

it’s just a bunch of arseholes who are used to United winning most of the time and pick and choose something to complain about.

unfortunately we are the most famous, most followed team from different countries and all over the world so we have to deal with the people who follow United without really understanding it’s proudness in its players.

we go to Europe andclubs talk about Rashford, everyone here who just are internet warrios just complain about Rashford. A fantastic player at 23.

same people got schooled by Shaw so let them learn a lesson.
I guess you don't remember what you REALLY thought about Shaw then?

I understand we all make mistakes (even SAF himself openly admitted in the past), it's laughable seeing posters like you calling people arseholes and waving a top red flag if someone doesn't rate certain players as highly as you do.

I have to say those pre injury performances by Shaw is one of the most overrated form of a player I have ever heard of.

I loved LVG & his tactics and even I'd overrate the players - but Shaw did absolutely nothing during that period & it was just pure hype from the fan base of having a young English fullback & we have the same player we always had.

He is nothing special good enough maybe to be a back up LB but not long term starting full bakc for United.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I guess you don't remember what you REALLY thought about Shaw then?

I understand we all make mistakes (even SAF himself openly admitted in the past), it's laughable seeing posters like you calling people arseholes and waving a top red flag if someone doesn't rate certain players as highly as you do.
Right. This shows your IQ.

I never said I never said anything bad about Shaw; I am saying that we should learn from what happened to Shaw like I have done now and you are not now.

I have made a mistake with Shaw as did so many other people, and so many other people are making the same mistake with Rashford.

Shaw at 25 had his first full best season. Rashford at 23 has 35 goals/ assists and is being put down for not being complete.

-Supreme-

Right. This shows your IQ.

I never said I never said anything bad about Shaw; I am saying that we should learn from what happened to Shaw like I have done now and you are not now.

I have made a mistake with Shaw as did so many other people, and so many other people are making the same mistake with Rashford.

Shaw at 25 had his first full best season. Rashford at 23 has 35 goals/ assists and is being put down for not being complete.
You have quite clearly referenced the individuals to learn a lesson that didn't rate Shaw as if you were right about him in the first place.

This is painfully obvious :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You have quite clearly referenced the individuals to learn a lesson that didn't rate Shaw as if you were right about him in the first place.

This is painfully obvious :lol:
No I never said i said anything good about shaw. We all got schooled by him. Yet people are putting down a 23 year old amazing player.

How can people see an average player become near world class in a switch of a season and give up on rashford? People got schooled by shaw including me and everybody sits there clapping shaw's performances whilst they sit here complaining about Rashords performances.

Rashford has been better than shaw year by year with regads to age and its crazy people are treating hin so low.

When people see Shaw and Wan Bissaka improve - do they still believe the coaching is crap?

Literally 3/4 of the squad has improved.
Shows that I changed my mind about him, I have learnt a lesson that players take their time whilst people want to give up on a 23 year old rashford. Fair enough. :houllier:

Foxbatt

Can't the coaches teach him to pass before he gets blocked by the opposition?

Polar

Rashford has been a shadow of himself for a long time. He’s only two games from a long deserved break. No doubt he’s been overplayed this season, but our squad depth hasn’t allowed him enough rest. Tells me we lack proper wing alternatives in our squad.

We have to protect Rashford better. We cannot continue to risk his health and put his development at stake. James isn’t good enough to be our second wing choice right now. As long as we have more wing alternatives, I’m sure he will be back next season stronger than ever.

flappyjay

He’s only two games from a long deserved break.
Unfortunately the Euros are coming up and the world cup is next year. Ole will have to decide whether to give him an extended break or not after the Euros.

-Supreme-

No I never said i said anything good about shaw. We all got schooled by him. Yet people are putting down a 23 year old amazing player.
I see how you've suddenly changed your stand from "those people got schooled by Shaw so let them learn a learn" to "we all got schooled by him" as soon as you got found out with an old quote

eire-red

Assists is a rubbish stat.
Why it’s taken on some sort of significance ( in the wider football world) is baffling.
Assists are not always some bit of killer play, or some amazing pass.
Assists are given for any sort of involvement by the previous player to the scorer, which can be a deflection, inadvertent or poor pass, a failed attempt, a bit of rubbish play that the scorer follows with a goal or whatever.

Quite often the “real assist”, the one that should count, is the vital, incisive or defence splitting pass, cross or touch, made prior to the touch from the player who is awarded the assist.
The “real assist“ doesn’t get awarded or noted in the stats.
I can think of any number of quality assists from Rashford this season. The crossfield to Greenwood against Pool in the FA Cup, Cavani for the winner against Southampton, Cavani vs Everton and Villa, Pogba vs Burnley, McTominay against West Ham, those are just some that pop to mind straight away, many of which were pivotal in games. I'm sure there are more.

You're right that assists can be misleading, but many of Rashford's goal contributions this season involve none of what you said above. He's not prolific, never has been, and he never will be. But as for being a wide player, he's pretty damn effective, and his productivity is up there with anyone when you consider goals scored and goals created (both of which are the role of the modern wide player).

eire-red

But that's the problem. A player can play badly and get an assist. Or even score. This modern fascination with stats means that if a player gets an assist or scores he's had a good game. But that's never been the case and it never will be the case. Not sure anyone would argue statistics are completely meaningless but they do tell a very, very limited amount about a player. I think it speaks volumes when players get defended by people throwing stats at those noticing dips in performances.

You could probably find the worst performing player in the league each weekend and find some stat to justify why criticism isn't valid

"Played poorly? Higher pass completion rate than anyone else on the team mate!"

Etc
As you say, pass completion is a useless stat, and Bruno is a prime example of why its not applicable to so many types of footballers.

In regards to Rashford, he's been poor all season, but has contributed time and again to goals. You can't not value that contribution because he hasn't been as influential from open play. He's still been very productive from wide.

Stats don't tell the entire story, but they do tell me that Rashford has been a primary force in our attacking output this season, along with Bruno, Greenwood and Cavani? How else are we supposed to judge it?

He may not be playing as well as last season, but he's still scoring and creating. It's wrong to strip the value away from that as a mere statistic.

Man Utd 1:1 Fulham

el3mel

Serious question : when was the last time he actually played a good game all around ? Apart from scoring a goal here and there.

I really can't remember and I'm not joking.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Serious question : when was the last time he actually played a good game all around ? Apart from scoring a goal here and there.

That hattrick. Been genuinely dire other than that, performance-wise. Before that it must be the beginning of the season before.

Swiss_Red89

Burnley at home and Liverpool in the FA Cup come to my mind.

Frank White

Jesus christ he played 30 mins and got zero service :lol: Are entire 2nd half performance was gash as a team, how many times did Cavani touch the ball? Genuinely confused as to what he did wrong, didn't do much right either mind but was kinda hard when the whole team took the 2nd half off.

el3mel

Jesus christ he played 30 mins and got zero service :lol: Are entire 2nd half performance was gash as a team, how many times did Cavani touch the ball? Genuinely confused as to what he did wrong, didn't do much right either mind but was kinda hard when the whole team took the 2nd half off.
Imagine actually thinking the problem with Rashford is today.

He has been rubbish for a long time now.

-Supreme-

That's down to his endless injuries according to the caf.

Fahad Jawaid

I think its essential that we sign Sancho and play him on the Right Wing, with either Pogba or Rashford on the LW. If he keeps performing like this, then play Sancho on the LW and Greenwood on the RW with Rashford on the bench. He can't keep putting this half arsed displays, further this un-touchable status should be based on form only.

el3mel

Yeah my fault, not like we played today and this thread was bumped straight after a game. :houllier:
No if it was just today it wouldn't have been a big deal. A bad game and we move on, just like Shaw's last 2 games.

But for Rashford it's just a continuation of his rubbish form that has been the case for a pretty long time now.

Red_toad

He did very little, needs to up his game. Certainly not his fault the team went to shite once McTommy went off. Marcus is one of the players whom a vocal few on the Caf are targeting, as him being played out of position and carrying a few injuries shouldn't prevent him from playing at his top level according to them. I'm more concerned by how poor Bruno has become recently, as he's a permanent fixture and is afford complete freedom by Ole, I really hope he picks up his form very soon.

Frank White

He did very little, needs to up his game. Certainly not his fault the team went to shite once McTommy went off. Marcus is one of the players whom a vocal few on the Caf are targeting, as him being played out of position and carrying a few injuries shouldn't prevent him from playing at his top level according to them. I'm more concerned by how poor Bruno has become recently, as he's a permanent fixture and is afford complete freedom by Ole, I really hope he picks up his form very soon.
No doubt, the team as a whole for the last few games have looked to be coasting and Rashford shouldn't be exempt from the collective criticism that they should be receiving. Reading the match day thread you would think he was the one who missed the Greenwood one on one or was Wan Bissaka who fell asleep at the back post for their goal.

Swiss_Red89

No doubt, the team as a whole for the last few games have looked to be coasting and Rashford shouldn't be exempt from the collective criticism that they should be receiving. Reading the match day thread you would think he was the one who missed the Greenwood one on one or was Wan Bissaka who fell asleep at the back post for their goal.
I think he lost the ball one time in a good position on the left trying to cut inside and had one through ball attempt to Greenwood intercepted. This is enough for some to shit on him these days. It's getting ridiciulos.

If Ole started his first eleven for the final today, he wasn't able to convince him otherwise though.

Devil may care

He isn't playing well no matter which way you slice it, right now he should be starting on the bench.

yamo123x

Been poor for a long long time .

Deserves to be benched, his arrogance is part of the problem

Terrible form, but more than that, his attitude stinks.
The only time he looked vaguely engaged in the game was when he screamed at Amad for a bad touch, causing him to visibly go into his shell for the rest of the game.

The rest of the time he moped around and - despite being fresh, while they'd played the entire game - watched Cavani and Bruno sprinting past him to do his pressing.

Andersons Dietician

You’d have to say on current form be a big call to put him in the first 11 for the final. He had one game a few weeks back where he was decent but since then he’s been pretty non existent.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You’d have to say on current form be a big call to put him in the first 11 for the final. He had one game a few weeks back where he was decent but since then he’s been pretty non existent.
Hes a big game player and will have 8 days to get ready for it. Greenwood as of now hasn't really ever done anything in big games. I'd be shocked if it's not Rashford.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Been poor for a long long time .

Deserves to be benched, his arrogance is part of the problem
Was he any worse than Pogba? He was awful yet again but nobody says anything. Rashford only got 30 mins too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hes a big game player and will have 8 days to get ready for it. Greenwood as of now hasn't really ever done anything in big games. I'd be shocked if it's not Rashford.
It should be both with Pogba as midfielder.

Greenwood as RW gives us more balance, Rashford playing there is just a waste of position/player. Pogba playing as LW means we won't have outlet on the left and he won't make the runs like Rashford can.

McTominay and Fred both are in terrible form, so no point playing them.

Thiagoal

For someone that is portrayed as being so humble off the field he comes across as a spoilt brat on the pitch- self indulgent and petulant

-Supreme-

The only time he looked vaguely engaged in the game was when he screamed at Amad for a bad touch, causing him to visibly go into his shell for the rest of the game.

The rest of the time he moped around and - despite being fresh, while they'd played the entire game - watched Cavani and Bruno sprinting past him to do his pressing.
I haven't noticed this but it'd be hugely disappointing if true.

RuudTom83

Mental fatigue and injuries do play a part...I'd like him to have the summer off but he won't have that luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.