Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

And then there are few who genuinely believes "all he does is run fast, no technique" :lol:
Have to say, his dribbling has become other worldly the past year or 2. Never saw that level of improvement coming when he first broke through. Absolutely brilliant player, and you can tell how much better he is overall when he's actually fit and fresh. Truly world class if he can stay fit.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Have to say, his dribbling has become other worldly the past year or 2. Never saw that level of improvement coming when he first broke through. Absolutely brilliant player, and you can tell how much better he is overall when he's actually fit and fresh. Truly world class if he can stay fit.
The way he creates dangerous/attacking situation out of nothing is just brilliant.

dal

Foden has to be in ahead of Mount or Grealish. No one is in better form to be fair, City are prob best team in Europe and he's arguably their most inform player KDB aside
Yes agreed however in all honesty.

Any 3 of the below 6 would be welcome.

Sancho, Sterling, Rashford, Mount, Grealish, Foden.

I wonder if Greenwood makes it ahead of DCL.

If we are chasing a game this would be like a dream team, I can’t believe how spoilt we are for once.

———————Kane——Rashford—————
Grealish—————Foden————-Sterling
———————Phillips———————————

Swiss_Red89

How's his fitness at the moment?
Ole confirmed yesterday that he couldn't train all week but hoped he will be able to join todays session. So i reckon he will be available.
A real a shame that he seems to struggle with injuries all the time recently as he has picked up form when on the pitch.

MattofManchester

Ole confirmed yesterday that he couldn't train all week but hoped he will be able to join todays session. So i reckon he will be available.
A real shame that he seems to struggle with injuries all the time recently as he has picked up form when on the pitch.
I hope he can get over them. I've been hoping all season. A fit Rashford will be something so special to watch. For himself and for the club, I hope this is going to be the end of his injury issues.

Nero

He'd get over them if we actually allowed him to. He's barely training but still getting thrown in to matches. Very reckless.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

And then there are few who genuinely believes "all he does is run fast, no technique" :lol:
I think this is why so many get frustrated with him, because he has this top level that makes him as good as Mbappe IMO.

We only get to see it every once in a while though, but when he's in that form he's unplayable.

I just don't get how 1 day he can barely control the ball or dribble with it, other days he's flying passed 2/3 players with nutmegs and flip flaps.

If he can find that sort of top level regularly he's going to be such a great player.

Mr Smith

I think this is why so many get frustrated with him, because he has this top level that makes him as good as Mbappe IMO.

We only get to see it every once in a while though, but when he's in that form he's unplayable.

I just don't get how 1 day he can barely control the ball or dribble with it, other days he's flying passed 2/3 players with nutmegs and flip flaps.

If he can find that sort of top level regularly he's going to be such a great player.
I think fitness and fatigue have played a big factor. He has played a lot of football over the last 12 months, he pretty much plays every game, often without having trained during the week as mentioned above. For this game he had been given a week's rest, and I think it really showed.

If he hasn't trained this week I hope he starts on the bench. We have bigger games coming up against Roma and Liverpool and need him fresh.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils

As some have already pointed out, his major problem is his descion making if he sorts that out, I'm sure he'll be challenging the best player award,
Plus he needs help now with all the injuries he's had this past year maybe signing a certain Sancho would afford him more recovery time.

P.S; that flip flap skill he does, made popular by Ronaldinho is known as Snake-bite were i come from :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think fitness and fatigue have played a big factor. He has played a lot of football over the last 12 months, he pretty much plays every game, often without having trained during the week as mentioned above. For this game he had been given a week's rest, and I think it really showed.

If he hasn't trained this week I hope he starts on the bench. We have bigger games coming up against Roma and Liverpool and need him fresh.
Yeah that could be the difference. No doubt he's been playing semi injured for over a year now, he won't even get a rest this summer either. We desperately need to get adequate cover for him this summer so he can take a few weeks out at times.
As some have already pointed out, his major problem is his descion making if he sorts that out, I'm sure he'll be challenging the best player award,
Plus he needs help now with all the injuries he's had this past year maybe signing a certain Sancho would afford him more recovery time.

P.S; that flip flap skill he does, made popular by Ronaldinho is known as Snake-bite were i come from :drool:
The sexiest skill in football when pulled off IMO :drool:

Womp

idiot
A real a shame that he seems to struggle with injuries all the time recently as he has picked up form when on the pitch.
He just needs a proper break. He's been played into the ground, through injuries etc. because of his importance to his club and nation.

Swiss_Red89

He just needs a proper break. He's been played into the ground, through injuries etc. because of his importance to his club and nation.
I absolutely agree.
Watch him on the teamsheet in 5minutes.:-)

Leeds United 0:0 Man Utd

Zoo

Poor today with his decision making and reluctance (again) to help Shaw out defensively. Maybe he’s not fully fit but I’ll be expecting a lot better from him on Thursday

Frank White

Not really sure why he's played 85 minutes when he'd not trained all week. Didn't do much wrong, had a decent free kick and linked up nicely with Shaw a few times but other than that was quite. No doubt he'll play Thursday as well, Ole seems insistent on trying to completely run him into the ground no reason why VDB couldn't take his place today and Rashford play Thursday.

Nero

He's poor because he should be on a treatment table, not a football pitch.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Poor today with his decision making and reluctance (again) to help Shaw out defensively. Maybe he’s not fully fit but I’ll be expecting a lot better from him on Thursday
he absolutely should not start on Thursday, keep him 'fresh' for Liverpool

Dante

Average bang
He didn't bend over and grab his knees at any point during that match (that I can remember). I don't think injury is an excuse any more.

Maybe Rashford just plays better when he's injured. Someone give him 1v1 a training session with Bailly on Tuesday morning.

El Jefe

Plays great one week and its because he's a superstar but plays terrible the following week and it's because he's carrying an injury.

He is what he is, a player that blows hot and cold on a consistent basis. His 'injury' has no bearing on his consistency or decision making.

Swiss_Red89

Not his day. Leeds kept it tight and close and they were prepared for the diagonal Lindelof-Rashford combination. (most of the teams will be meanwhile tbf).
If it's true that he didn't train the whole week as Ole has mentioned on friday, i would have prefered to leave him out for this one. But i still reckon they know what they are doing as he didn't seem to be in worse shape than a week ago vs Burnley. (where he produced one of the best performances of the season).

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Been poor all season in my opinion.

Blows hot and cold too much, not good enough for starting XI of a too 4 side imo

Swiss_Red89

Blows hot and cold too much, not good enough for starting XI of a too 4 side imo
That's exactly the kind of irrational critism i don't like. Not good enough for a Top 4 starting XI? Yes, he has had incosistent performances all season, but to come up with such a statement and overlook the good things he has produced, it's just wrong imo.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Your opinion is very clearly very wrong, but anyway.

Hes had a good season. He has his inconsistency, sure, but on the whole he's had a good season despite struggling for fitness all year.

Kostov

Someone needs to tell him that he is no Messi nor Ronaldo, some of the things he is trying to pull out are irrational and frankly out of his talent range, despite him being one of the best footballers in the world. When it’s not your day, keep it simple for feck sake.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he needs to be rested and allowed to recover. I know we've got two important games coming up, but he's clearly far from OK. He might have a game defining moment (as he did against Granada) but this isn't doing him any favours and as soon as the season finishes he's back on duty with England.

Ole needs to figure out something besides the one plan here. Drafting in Amad, playing Pogba wide-ish left, dusting down Donny, or Mata.

Red_toad

He didn't bend over and grab his knees at any point during that match (that I can remember). I don't think injury is an excuse any more.

Maybe Rashford just plays better when he's injured. Someone give him 1v1 a training session with Bailly on Tuesday morning.
If his knee was injured, then he’d have a bad back, ankle and knee. Leeds player kicked him in the ankle early doors. His knees are fine as far as I’m aware...

Ballache

Supports
Martial

I'm very harsh on Rashford (because he frustrates me a la Nani at times) but he's been good this season. He hasn't been 100% since November yet is still one of our top performers.
We genuinely need to rest him though, I'm scared that his injury will worsen and will cause long-term damage.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
He plays for the second best team in the country. So run that by me again?
Do I think he could be an asset as a member of a squad for other top 4 teams? Yes

I don't think he'd be in the starting XI at City, Chelsea or Liverpool though. And I think hed have a challenge as well at Leicester and Spurs.

That's exactly the kind of irrational critism i don't like. Not good enough for a Top 4 starting XI? Yes, he has had incosistent performances all season, but to come up with such a statement and overlook the good things he has produced, it's just wrong imo.
I admit he has produced some very good moments at time and has changed games. But like I said in my original post, I just personally think he blows hot and cold too much and we need more consistency.

When we are on the counter attack he is great and has good pace and a finishing. But aside from that I just don't see enough in the rest of his game.

I feel bad for it because as a person he's probably my favourite Man Utd player. But I just think his overall game is lacking in alot of areas and isn't dynamic enough. Feel he's very predictable and always tries the same stuff, and some of that such as playing on the counter attack he is superb at.

Your opinion is very clearly very wrong, but anyway.

Hes had a good season. He has his inconsistency, sure, but on the whole he's had a good season despite struggling for fitness all year.
I make these posts on Rashford and always end up eating my words a few weeks later. He will probably go to Anfield next week and have a great game and get a hat trick.

But that's exactly my point. I just think there's a real lack of consistency there and he blows hot and cold too much. And that his overall game is just very predictable.

I'm very harsh on Rashford (because he frustrates me a la Nani at times) but he's been good this season. He hasn't been 100% since November yet is still one of our top performers.
We genuinely need to rest him though, I'm scared that his injury will worsen and will cause long-term damage.
You are right there he has played alot of minutes over the last two seasons and I do have to take that into account, maybe I am being too critical considering the amount of minutes played.

I can't help but feel at times though that the team as a whole would be better complimented with one of Son/Grealish/Salah/Mahrez/Sterling/Mane/Jota/Foden playing in that position ahead of Rashford

Eddy_JukeZ

I worry for his long-term future if he's actually carrying a knock for the past few months.

His decision making can be very frustrating at times.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Should be keeping it much more simple. Far too often he tries to be flashy and unpredictable as if he's one of the world's top dribblers. For me, Ole has to be the one to ensure that this balance is struck and the understanding of when to indulge, is a reliable part of Rahsford game. He's got excellent end product and that's a huge deal in itself. But reading the game and making the right move, and coupling that with precise execution, will take him up a notch.

Tarrou

I think we are overplaying him

signing a top-class winger should be our priority this summer over everything else IMO

it takes James further away from starting and gives us more opportunity to rest Rashford, who has looked knackered for the best part of two seasons now

we're in danger of ruining the lad

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
he absolutely should not start on Thursday, keep him 'fresh' for Liverpool
No chance he wont start on Thursday, as long as he can stand up he will play!

I have no idea why Ole played him for 85 minutes yesterday when it was obvious he was struggling and he hadn't trained all week! He should've come off at HT or even the 60th minute with Pogba on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.