Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He showed such brightness against Burnley after a rest against Granada.

Bizarre to have played him yesterday in a dead rubber league match, especially with how Leeds could have been anticipated to play.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Been poor all season in my opinion.

Blows hot and cold too much, not good enough for starting XI of a too 4 side imo
I agree he's been poor by his own standards and that he has been hot/cold.

But his level is distorted by injury right now, and he'd still walk into a lot of teams from sheer output. Whilst playing through injury he still makes better contributions than Pulisic, Sterling, Werner, Ziyech, even Mane/Salah this season, Son too I think. The top 4 point is just really daft.

MattofManchester

Can we judge him when he's fully fit please?
He had no training all week, then trained for a day and then played a match.

That's been a regular occurrence all season.

I'm really not expecting much from him when this occurs, but frankly I wish we'd take the risk and bench him till he's recovered.
It will benefit us to have him fully fit, rather than always half or barely fit.

Man Utd 6:2 Roma

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A quieter game tonight, but he was asked to do a Rooney: be a selfless square peg in a round hole in a big European game, allowing others to shine. I can appreciate that.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Awful game from him tonight, I'd be tempted to bench him at the weekend but we all know that's not going to happen

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Awful game from him tonight, I'd be tempted to bench him at the weekend but we all know that's not going to happen
If Pogba starts out left, Greenwood should start out right this weekend. Time for common sense to be shown by Rashford & Ole.

Greenwood has better form right now out right.

No point in playing a square peg in a round hole in a match that’s basically meaningless vis à vis CL next year.

Save Rashford for the semifinal / final.

AgentSmith

He’s not a right winger. Hard to judge a player playing out of position too much.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He doesn’t need to start every game. The rest of the front 4 were genuinely putting 10/10s, and Greenwood is far better from the right. Sit him out for Liverpool and bring him on in the 65-70th minute.

Its concerning that we can play like that and hes still nowhere to be seen. He needs to skip the Euros and rest, if he is like this next season he will be out of the side.

predator

Youth NITK
Don't like him on the right at all. His best strength is cutting in and shooting from the left. His left foot is pretty no existent anf he isn't the type of player to run down the side and whip in crosses, which makes him ineffective on the right.

For this reason, I refuse to criticise him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No point playing him as RW, Greenwood is much better RW. If he plays then it should be as a LW, else should come on as a sub. At least he will get proper rest and we will have depth in the attack, someone to change the game from the bench.

Devil may care

Ole needs to stop making Marcus untouchable and treat him the same way Klopp has with Salah and Pep has with Sterling, he was out of sorts all game and Mason has been playing really well recently and should have started ahead of him as he's better on the RW.

Copa Mundial

He's been really poor recently. Even though he's playing on the right that's still no excuse for his poor passing and below average workrate.

The United

Looked like he was out of the cool kid crowd tonight. Was not involved much at all.

Might have as well rested him early for the pool game.

AgentSmith

How many times has he played RW this season? A handful?
Rashford actually has good stats playing on the right side which is a demonstration of the issue with using stats in isolation to judge performances.

He’s obviously much more comfortable on the left with the ability to cut inside on his right foot or to link up with Shaw down the channel. He’s also probably carrying some type of underlying injury which is impeding things but not as much as being shifted to the RW imo.

Important to remember how good he was only a week and half ago against Burnley.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's been really poor recently. Even though he's playing on the right that's still no excuse for his poor passing and below average workrate.
He was world class 2 games ago against Burnley... But he's obviously been playing with injuries for a bit now. Went the full week without training before the Leeds game, not sure if he practiced before this one. But not fair to say that he's been poor recently. Just bad today.

People love to take 1 game and expand it over a whole period of time and write off all the good games during that time.

Foxbatt

He needs to pass when the receiver is in a better position. He normally passes when he has no choice and even then he tries to take on too many players.
It's logic isn't it? When you pass to a player who has time and space, he is going to control it better.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Serious question, was there a period this season Rashford was on form?

He just goes up and down week to week.

He seems the only attacking player out of form right now (excluding Martial who seems out of the club).

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Rashford actually has good stats playing on the right side which is a demonstration of the issue with using stats in isolation to judge performances.

He’s obviously much more comfortable on the left with the ability to cut inside on his right foot or to link up with Shaw down the channel. He’s also probably carrying some type of underlying injury which is impeding things but not as much as being shifted to the RW imo.

Important to remember how good he was only a week and half ago against Burnley.
But, looking at the overall, there’s not one person in this forum who would say Rashford’s best position is on the right wing. That would be peak piss taking.

The ‘square peg in a round hole’ analogy earlier was spot on.

If Pogba starts at LW on Sunday, Greenwood should start at RW (anticipating Cavani would start up top). Right now Greenwood offers us more on the right.

Save Rashford a bit for next week & the anticipatory final. Sunday’s match is fluff, it’s basically meaningless to us outside of keeping Pool out of the CL.

Why risk him even more than we already do? Save the youngster for the hardware.

AgentSmith

But, looking at the overall, there’s not one person in this forum who would say Rashford’s best position is on the right wing. That would be peak piss taking.

The ‘square peg in a round hole’ analogy earlier was spot on.

If Pogba starts at LW on Sunday, Greenwood should start at RW (anticipating Cavani would start up top). Right now Greenwood offers us more on the right.

Save Rashford a bit for next week & the anticipatory final. Sunday’s match is fluff, it’s basically meaningless to us outside of keeping Pool out of the CL.

Why risk him even more than we already do? Save the youngster for the hardware.
I agree completely.

Playing players out of position rarely makes sense. Greenwood is a much more effective RW option than Rashford despite Rashford being better overall.

RedIan

Completely wasted on the right, he looks like a fish out of water. Either play him left or rest his injuries. Greenwood far better on the right.
poor game. Did very little

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I agree completely.

Playing players out of position rarely makes sense. Greenwood is a much more effective RW option than Rashford despite Rashford being better overall.
Completely. Rashford is the superior player overall, but he’s horseshit out right.

There’s far more benefit potential to letting Mason continue his form Sunday than to allow Rashford to try to replicate a Burnley-esque performance.

Put some faith in Mason, let him succeed or fail. Allow him to make a big game leap just like we did Marcus in the past.

Time for some maturity from both management & the player. Missing one dead rubber game against Liverpool wouldn’t be a black mark against him when we have a European trophy to play for in very short order.

Swiss_Red89

As expected not a very good performance from the right.

I reckon he will start on the left vs Pool as he has been very good against them from the left at OT the last few outings. I think he will rest Pogba or Cavani for this one and rest Rashford for the second leg in Rom.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Serious question, was there a period this season Rashford was on form?

He just goes up and down week to week.

He seems the only attacking player out of form right now (excluding Martial who seems out of the club).
End of October- End of December was in top form - scored 10 goals (best match vs Leipzig)
then it all went downhill

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Ole was asked if he agreed that Pogba and Bruno were our best players today. He said not just those two, Cavani and the players behind them were great as well and Rashford with his amazing work and runs created space for the others.

Giggsyking

His injury is limiting him. He should rest for the Liverpool game. Cant risk making it worse for him.

Red00012

He was absolute rubbish , what annoys me is the lack of effort / looking around when he loses possession . I genuinely think he watches far too much CR7 you tube clips. The way he takes free kicks , the dribbles / stepovers he attempts , stopping the ball dead and standing in the same position waiting for a defender to dive in

He’s closer to a Nani

Born2Lose

Utter toilet, he's robbing minutes from a much better performing Greenwood at the minute.

Bit tired of hearing about injuries and playing in the wrong position. He looks like a guy whose far too sure of his place in the team to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.