Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
Is undervalued by our fan base imo. By multiple accounts, he has been playing injured for a while now due to his importance for us, yet the kid is still on over 20 goals for the second consecutive season plus numerous assists.

Doesn't always look the best (even though I think rest will do him wonders in that department, not sure when that rest will come for him given the Euros are coming up though), but even when he's not playing well, he still gets goals and assists, similar to Bruno in that regard. Players like that are invaluable. I'd also argue, he's one of our most clutch players, notorious for coming up big in big moments, the PSG performances come to mind from recent memory.

Not to add, he's an absolutely brilliant human being and one that came through our academy.

jem

Burnley?

I think next season will be a big year for Marcus. If he is going to take his game up to the top level, which we've seen in bursts this season, next year will be the one to do it. Hopefully he has surgery and allows himself time to recover properly, and comes in fresh.

There are certain aspects of his game that he's one of the best of the world at, e.g. his ability to beat a man, his running off the shoulder of his full back, being able to do it in the high-pressure games. He's putting up great numbers despite not always showing up as well as he can, so if he can raise his B-game he could start hitting 30 goals a season territory. I'd love nothing more :cool:
Yeah that's a good call - for some reason, my memory of the games in the last few months (outside of Cavani) has been murky. I think rest will do Rashford a world of good.

Marwood

Various comments about him having surgery this summer. Does anybody know what this surgery will be? What part of his body?

hubbuh

Various comments about him having surgery this summer. Does anybody know what this surgery will be? What part of his body?
I'd love him to have a stormer at the EUROs, but at the same time I wish he'd be able to just chill out and decompress over the summer before next season. He's had so much pressure and responsibility on him for 5 or 6 years now, and more recently he's been playing through injury on top of that. He looks like he needs a period of just being a young bloke with little to no expectation. Fat chance of that happening, unfortunately.

Banana Republic

Rashford has been talking about the possibility of making a move away from Utd at some point, but remains focused on being at Utd.

"he would be open to a move abroad at some point in the future" - More of a "never rule it out" statement than any pressing desire to leave.

Apparently he intends to start learning Italian and/or Spanish, more for social reasons and personal development.

Last edited:

Pickle85

Rashford has been talking about the possibility of making a move away from Utd at some point.

"he would be open to a move abroad at some point in the future"

Apparently he intends to start learning Italian and/or Spanish.
Source?

Banana Republic

Manchester Evening News, Daily Mirror, Football 365, Daily Express, Goal.com .....and mentioned on both BBC 5 Live and the Utd Stand this morning.

Swiss_Red89

Apparently he told The Guardian "never say no" when asked if he would make a move abroad someday and that he is a fan of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

But he also mentioned that he has no intentions to leave and already is at his dreamclub. He wants to learn italian and spanish but more for his personal development and not because of a transfer.

So I think a bit of a nothing story.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He never seems to have a run of good matches. Instead he'll have long periods of being invisible interspersed with the occasional good game. He's only 23 but he's had enough exposure to football at this level to know that I think it's a push to think he'll be a starting XI regular in a side that's genuinely got ambitions to kick on and challenge and win titles. I can't see it and I see it less now than I did a year ago, which isn't a great sign. His all-round play just isn't that good. It's okay but the occasional game aside it's been a long, long time since I've been worried about Real Madrid poaching him.

I'm sorry but if he's still considered the best choice up front or on the left OR right next season we've had a bad transfer window
Absolute nonsense. The guy has 36 goal involvements playing with injuries.

He can play so much better than this. Rashford is a top player. Nobody gets that amount of returns from the LW if they aren't good players especially carrying a serious injury.

Pickle85

Apparently he told The Guardian "never say no" when asked if he would make a move abroad someday and that he is a fan of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

But he also mentioned that he has no intentions to leave and already is at his dreamclub. He wants to learn italian and spanish but more for his personal development rather because of a transfer.

So i think a bit of a nothing story.
Ah thanks for that. I guess most players would probably be seen to 'keep their options open' as if you say "yeah I'll never leave united" you don't exactly have much leverage when it comes to contact negotiation time!

jem

I was thinking today, it would be so great to see Rashford have an absolute stormer in the Europa League final. He is such an incredible person and a damn good player too. Would love to see him finish the season on a high.

passing-wind

Absolute nonsense. The guy has 36 goal involvements playing with injuries.

He can play so much better than this. Rashford is a top player. Nobody gets that amount of returns from the LW if they aren't good players especially carrying a serious injury.
I think this is a key point many are missing. Multiple articles saying he's been nursing injuries for a few weeks hence being substituted more frequently.

I'm unsure who is to blame because Marcus should be rescinding any decisions to play and Solskjaer should have the foresight to see that continually playing Rashford injured could hinder his career. He's looked like he's had the handbrake on all season.

Bwuk

We’ve been too reliant on him. He’s needed this operation for a while.

His stats are good this season but at times his overall play wasn’t. Thankfully Masons stepped up, and we aren’t as reliant on Marcus. Let him get his surgery after the euros and don’t rush him back.

Villareal 1:1 Man Utd

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a terrible performance, wouldn't even give 0/10, it should be in minus numbers.

On the ball he was shit, off the ball he was shit. How he survived 120 mins is beyond me. Ole should grow a pair of balls to sub off players.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Should be ashamed of himself for that performance. Doesn't even deserve a rating.

Zoo

His attitude on the pitch is really bad too much nowadays. Notice how he only started using Shaw after missing that horrendous sitter.

kundalini

Missed a big chance from Fernandes' cross in the 2nd half, though not clear if Fernandes was onside. His shot from outside the area led eventually to Cavani's goal. One good run late in the first half though his cross was cut out with no United player near it. Several other shots from distance or at an angle that went miles wide or failed to trouble the keeper. Found it difficult to get past his opponent; in part due to some awful touches. Almost reached McTominay's long pass in extra time. Overall a poor performance.

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Shouldn't have started.
Shouldn't have been kept on ahead of Greenwood and Pogba.
At least he scored his pen.

mewnew11

Please don't give us he is injured excusem even when fit his decision making is that of a stonned donkey

Womp

idiot
He was shit, but his shot was one of the only proper chances we created all game. The whole team bar Scott and the defence were rubbish. Needs to really work on the inconsistency in his play, otherwise he will rightly lose his place in this side.

el3mel

Just a culmination of his trash performance that has been like this for fecking months.

Another 0/10 game but go on let's sub off Greenwood because my Rashy shall always play.

RepardReece

Said it in the matchday thread. Rashford always plays like he has tonight but then contributes a goal to cover for his dreadful performance.

Not a clue why some people in this thread rate him. Attitude, work rate, and decision-making are atrocious.

Exposed tonight, this is how he always performs, some of you are blinded.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Treating him as an untouchable isn’t helping. As shit as he plays, there’s no consequences for him. He’s been so poor & inconsistent far too long, I can’t believe Ole let’s him get away with it. He needs to bench him from the start or take him off when he’s playing like he has today. Sancho should be signed to replace him on this form.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Of he's not fit, don't play him!

Also, if you're not fit, don't have body language suggesting you are hard done by!

BarstoolProphet

He needs to be a backup player. Shame he is the face of the club off the pitch because, dear me, he has so many shocking games between the one brilliant one. Almost the same value as Mbappe according to reports. Nowhere near on the pitch.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's too much in Ole's camp to be replaced, but it's another reason we need Sancho, who can play on either wing.

fecking abysmal tonight, easily our worst player, and was quite bad for months now. Don't really give a shit how many knocks he has, he wasn't lacking for pace as much as general ball control and technical ability today.

Tiber

That was a 2/10 performance. I have always liked Rashford but questioned if be was ever going to become a true world class player.

But he would be lucky to get on the bench after a performance like that. He needs to start next year strong

King Eric 7

Saved one of his worst ever performances for a final. It was up to the manager to sub him off, preferably before the 90. The mind boggles.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Mind blowing he wasn't subbed off at all. I'm beginning to wonder if he's really carrying an injury or that's just what we tell ourselves to excuse his poor form

Status
Not open for further replies.