View full 2020-21 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't noticed this but it'd be hugely disappointing if true.
It was a few minutes after the De Gea long ball that Amad and Rashford sort of got in each others way for. Nobody's fault really for that incident. I actually think Rashford might have been in the better position, but Amad took it.

I don't mind it really. I like seeing it from Bruno and Cavani, and I'd like to see more of it from Rashford... but you have to pick your targets. My biggest problem with him is how unengaged he seems to be on the pitch, so I was half pleased to see it at the time.

I'd still start him in the Final...Gaspar's far from the fastest right-back, and you'd hope that Rashford would be into it for a big European final.

-Supreme-

It was a few minutes after the De Gea long ball that Amad and Rashford sort of got in each others way for. Nobody's fault really for that incident. I actually think Rashford might have been in the better position, but Amad took it.

I don't mind it really. I like seeing it from Bruno and Cavani, and I'd like to see more of it from Rashford... but you have to pick your targets. My biggest problem with him is how unengaged he seems to be on the pitch, so I was half pleased to see it at the time.

I'd still start him in the Final...Gaspar's far from the fastest right-back, and you'd hope that Rashford would be into it for a big European final.
Thanks for the summary.

Rashford needs to start showing his leadership on the pitch, screaming at a kid with only a few senior appearances under his belt isn't right regardless of the situation.

OL29

Andersons Dietician

Rashford? Of course he is? Look at his big game record, it's been incredible since his debut for United. Can't even imagine anyone trying to argue this one.
Scoring a goal and playing well are different things. See a lot of people mention the Liverpool game where he constantly left Shaw to defend against 3 players and just watched. How can people say he put in a performance that game when he isn’t doing any defending or helping his team mate.

Last edited:

Apokalips

I mean, imagine someone actually claiming Pogba was not criticised. He gets criticised for everything, including his haircuts, even after good matches! Rashford has been unimpressive for a long time and it's always put down to "injuries" yet Ole plays him at some point in every single game, even dead rubbers that are already won. If he is fit enough to play in games like that then I cannot accept injury as an excuse.

The majority of our squad need to improve next season and we need some serious additions to replace at least one of McFred, a CB and 1 or 2 in the forward areas (Sancho and Haaland/Kane). Although I would expect the central forward to be more of a year after next purchase.

Sylar

Thought we looked less likely to score when he came on which is odd.
It might be because we went more to a 433 away from the 442 hybrid that we normally do well in.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Scoring a goal and playing well are different things. See a lot of people mention the Liverpool game where he constantly left Shaw to defend against 3 players and just watched. How can people say he put in a performance that game when he isn’t doing any defending or helping his team mate.
Forget about that game. He wasn't poor but wasn't great, was a sloppy dead rubber game from everyone but still scored and was a threat. What about his premier league debut against Arsenal? Psg? Leipzig at Old Trafford? Man City at the Etihad last season? Man City at the Etihad his debut season? Chelsea a few times last season? Liverpool in 17/18? Spurs at Old Trafford last season? I could go on. He has a very long list of excellent big game performances, as he's done brilliantly in them since his debut. Those were just off the top of my head, I'm sure if you look at his goalscoring and assist records in big games it'll be pretty great too.

Lassitude42

I'm not convinced that we will ever win anything meaningful whilst Rashford and Martial remain as first team players. Your classic flashy head down dribble merchants. Lacks vision, creativity and work rate. Sometimes technical skills are massively overrated.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I haven’t lost faith but he needs to get to the bottom of what’s holding him back. If he can he could easily do a Shaw and become unplayable. The problem is in the meantime he’s just not playing well enough to justify automatic selection with no defensive duties. I also strongly feel like his current lack of workrate and predictability is holding his partners back in the forward line. It’s obviously been good for Marcus numbers but it’s to the detriment of our overall play more often than it should be

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I haven’t lost faith but he needs to get to the bottom of what’s holding him back. If he can he could easily do a Shaw and become unplayable. The problem is in the meantime he’s just not playing well enough to justify automatic selection with no defensive duties. I also strongly feel like his current lack of workrate and predictability is holding his partners back in the forward line. It’s obviously been good for Marcus numbers but it’s to the detriment of our overall play more often than it should be
Agree with this. Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world for him to miss the Euros to get his body and head in shape but as that's not going to happen I do fear for him next season.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s really gone under the radar to all non-United fans & even some United fans just how bad he’s been all season. The fact he’s gone in some pundits TOTY just proves that they don’t actually watch the games they aren’t covering.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He’s playing himself out of our best team at the minute. Surely the penny will drop soon?
No sure it will tbh. I understand we're light on options up top but surely him playing when he can't jump, doesn't head a ball or doesn't backtrack properly probably because of his injuries is detrimental to the team and to himself? Be a shame to see a talented player burn out before his time. Putting himself first could backfire in so many ways.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
No sure it will tbh. I understand we're light on options up top but surely him playing when he can't jump, doesn't head a ball or doesn't backtrack properly probably because of his injuries is detrimental to the team and to himself? Be a shame to see a talented player burn out before his time. Putting himself first could backfire in so many ways.
I gotta give them the benefit of the doubt. As underwhelmed as I’ve been with Rashfords overall play this season his numbers certainly kept us ticking over until Cavani Pogba and Greenwood got into it. I’m sure he’s telling the manager he’s ok to play and the manager needed someone to put the ball in the net for us so who’s wrong there. Fair play to Rashford for playing through pain but i just think it’s time to get real now. He looks shot at the minute. Either the euros need to go or he needs to miss the first few months of next season and figure out what the problem is.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I gotta give them the benefit of the doubt. As underwhelmed as I’ve been with Rashfords overall play this season his numbers certainly kept us ticking over until Cavani Pogba and Greenwood got into it. I’m sure he’s telling the manager he’s ok to play and the manager needed someone to put the ball in the net for us so who’s wrong there. Fair play to Rashford for playing through pain but i just think it’s time to get real now. He looks shot at the minute. Either the euros need to go or he needs to miss the first few months of next season and figure out what the problem is.
Yeah, I haven't really been that impressed with Rashfords performances for a large part of the season either but as you say his numbers are a large part of us sitting in second so he has to be given the benefit of the doubt. Time is ticking for him I feel and next season is massive for him.

Swiss_Red89

Agree with this. Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world for him to miss the Euros to get his body and head in shape but as that's not going to happen I do fear for him next season.
I hope he gets a long rest/break/holiday after the euros. If he could get 4 weeks off i feel that would do him the world of good. He could then return mid august for his own pre season to be ready for PL football around September. That would be better for him and the club longterm. Even if it means he will miss the first PL games.

bosnian_red

feck the haters. Rashford is class. He's had his injury problems which he's played through and leads to some inconsistency, but he still comes up big for us and at the end of the day, has a brilliant output. Just wait til we add Sancho :drool:

Swiss_Red89

It’s really gone under the radar to all non-United fans & even some United fans just how bad he’s been all season. The fact he’s gone in some pundits TOTY just proves that they don’t actually watch the games they aren’t covering.
Maybe, just maybe he hasn't been THAT bad at all.;-)

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
On occasion displays qualities that put him at a very elite level. The problem, and it's a big problem, is consistency. As the popular proverb says "one cheese and pineapple stick doth not a cocktail party make", and Rashford seems like he needs to sort something out mentally in order to find that consistency. The strops have always been a bit annoying.

bosnian_red

21 goals and 11 assists as a winger all season, our 3rd highest player in the Premier League on whoscored.com, top rated player for the CL group stage.

People really do love to take random bits of poor form and equate it to being a whole season :lol: So strange how people have it out for him. The kid is a star and will be an automatic choice when fit in our front 3 and the face of the club for years to come, thankfully. My absolute favourite is when people try to take away from all the stuff off the pitch too and say it's all his advisors/agency or whatever else. fecking idiots :houllier:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
21 goals and 11 assists as a winger all season, our 3rd highest player in the Premier League on whoscored.com, top rated player for the CL group stage.

People really do love to take random bits of poor form and equate it to being a whole season :lol: So strange how people have it out for him. The kid is a star and will be an automatic choice when fit in our front 3 and the face of the club for years to come, thankfully. My absolute favourite is when people try to take away from all the stuff off the pitch too and say it's all his advisors/agency or whatever else. fecking idiots :houllier:
He’s a legend for his off the field work & he had a fantastic half-season in 19-20, but he’s been really bad this season. His numbers are decent yes but his performances have been awful for the most part.

Bar a few games here & there he hasn’t looked like the same player since his injury before lockdown last season.

MattofManchester

Hes looked like a guy who's hated playing football all season.
Most likely due to injury and the pressure he places on himself.

Needs a very long break.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I hope he gets a long rest/break/holiday after the euros. If he could get 4 weeks off i feel that would do him the world of good. He could then return mid august for his own pre season to be ready for PL football around September. That would be better for him and the club longterm. Even if it means he will miss the first PL games.
That would be the perfect scenario but what's the chances? Signing Sancho or Kane would definitely help:drool:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

feck the haters. Rashford is class. He's had his injury problems which he's played through and leads to some inconsistency, but he still comes up big for us and at the end of the day, has a brilliant output. Just wait til we add Sancho :drool:
Sancho on one side, Rashford on the other, the productivity sounds tasty.

Swiss_Red89

That would be the perfect scenario but what's the chances? Signing Sancho or Kane would definitely help:drool:
I think the chances for this are bad and Ole/the club/Rashford himself will want him available for the start ot the season.
Rashford himself recently claimed in an interview "we can rest when we are retired", or something like this.

As it's honorable, i just hope that the club and Rashford himself make an honest and critical assessment of this season and his injury worries. If they do this, they cannot avoid the question whether something like a 3-4 week break after the Euros and a separate building programm would make the most sense.

Great that he's giving and all but that list is clearly nonsense. Rashford is not worth 16 million pounds, nine million less than Jordan Henderson.
The two tweets from UtdReport are bad misreads of the actual Times/PRW articles. Makes it seem like a personal donation...the other two are much clearer.

Times
Rashford makes his first appearance in the Young Rich List this year with a personal fortune of £16 million.

His high-profile campaign to get children eligible for free school meals fed regularly when schools were shut during lockdown led to £20 million being donated to FareShare. This gives Rashford a Giving Index of 125 (the £20 million representing 125 per cent of his net worth)
PR Week
Marcus Rashford, a new entrant on the Young Rich List, saw both his net-worth (£16m) and future earning opportunities jump significantly thanks to a massive profile boost from his school meals campaign.

The campaign, masterminded by Kelly Hogarth at Roc Nation - who was last month rewarded with a spot in PRWeek's prestigious UK Power Book 2021 - instantly propelled Rashford to the top of every advertisers most wanted list after it helped him to successfully cross over from the sporting arena into the wider public conciousness.

Lucrative advertising campaigns with Burberry, Levi's, Coca-Cola and Konami all quickly followed. Crossover collaborations, a key component in audience diversification, were also largely successful. Full Time Meals, a Facebook-backed link-up with chef Tom Kerridge for a campaign designed by London-based ad studio The Clearing, proved a massive hit with almost 40 million social media engagements in the first week. A collaboration with writer and journalist Carl Anka, which saw Rashford fronting Anka's motivational, aspirational book aimed at children entitled 'You Are A Champion: Unlock Your Potential, Find Your Voice and Be The BEST You Can Be' was less successful - spending just one week in the Amazon book charts. A rare miss in an otherwise dazzling year for Roc Nation.

Continuing his amazing year on a personal level, Rashford also became the youngest person to top the Sunday Times Giving List. As an ambassador of FairShare, his campaign led to an estimated £20m of public donations for the food poverty charity.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's fair to say Rashford doesn't always play well, but does come up clutch when we need a goal or assist.

I think we all know he's capable of being way more consistent in his performances. He's an odd player in the sense that he can be literally unstoppable some days, and can barely control the ball and gets pushed off it like a plastic bag in the wind sometimes.

His offensive output in terms of G+A is really good, I think he just needs a bit more coaching off the pitch in terms of decision making and perhaps sticking to what makes him good, getting at defenders 1v1. Too often he seems to wonder into the middle of the pitch and make it harder for himself.

SoCross

He’s not been the same since his injury last season. Think he could really do with a break to recharge.

stw2022

He never seems to have a run of good matches. Instead he'll have long periods of being invisible interspersed with the occasional good game. He's only 23 but he's had enough exposure to football at this level to know that I think it's a push to think he'll be a starting XI regular in a side that's genuinely got ambitions to kick on and challenge and win titles. I can't see it and I see it less now than I did a year ago, which isn't a great sign. His all-round play just isn't that good. It's okay but the occasional game aside it's been a long, long time since I've been worried about Real Madrid poaching him.

I'm sorry but if he's still considered the best choice up front or on the left OR right next season we've had a bad transfer window

jem

It’s been a bizarre year from him. His numbers are impressive and he produces moments of absolute class, but I’m struggling to remember the last great, 9/10 game he’s had.

pickingupinthemorningpal

It’s been a bizarre year from him. His numbers are impressive and he produces moments of absolute class, but I’m struggling to remember the last great, 9/10 game he’s had.
Burnley?

I think next season will be a big year for Marcus. If he is going to take his game up to the top level, which we've seen in bursts this season, next year will be the one to do it. Hopefully he has surgery and allows himself time to recover properly, and comes in fresh.

There are certain aspects of his game that he's one of the best of the world at, e.g. his ability to beat a man, his running off the shoulder of his full back, being able to do it in the high-pressure games. He's putting up great numbers despite not always showing up as well as he can, so if he can raise his B-game he could start hitting 30 goals a season territory. I'd love nothing more :cool:

Reactions: Sultan
Status
Not open for further replies.