4.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stw2022

It isn’t just form with him though. Even when he was posting stats that excused him from so much there were concerning signs in terms of his overall play that haven’t gone away but have come more into focus because he isn’t contributing nearly as much to goals and assists.

Injuries probably have impacted him in the sense that it’s made him second guess himself but it’s also exposed his abilities now that he can no longer just rely on his pace and we can see the basics such as use of the ball, awareness of what’s going on around him is actually quite poor. All stuff that maybe we didn’t notice when he was running all day and putting himself about

Bole Top

couldn't care less about how he's feeling and how much love does he still have for football. what, he has zero football intelligence and never mastered the basics because his GF dumped him? seriously? imagine if we started doing that for all other the players that don't perform. if it's still the same at the end of the season, I'd actually consider selling him.

Scriblerus

He's still a very talented player, but he's playing in a team that collectively has no idea what its doing at the moment. Why he's being turned into the current whipping boy when we've only one player - De Gea - who is turning in acceptable performances is beyond me.

CraftySoAndSo

I feel he's guilty of being complacent knowing he'll never really get dropped or sold without Old Trafford fans rioting. We always seem desperate to keep producing the next batch of the class of 92 that we'll give them far more leeway than other players. A couple of years ago there were fans comparing him with Mbappe and how he's United's next star and could take Rooney's goal record. That could have gotten into his head and rather use it as motivation he's gotten comfortable knowing we'll never really sell him so there's no desire to improve.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
There was one moment in the second half when we had amazing chance to counter. He just had to pick a simple pass from the centre line behind the defence to the right wing. He overhit the pass so hard, that it went out for a fecking goalkick.
That's how awful he is at the moment. Truth is he hasn't looked like he can offer much more than the likes of Dan James for a year now.

Hope he can achieve some sort of form and actually perform.

Swiss_Red89

His best ever form came in october-december 2019 where he had simple short hair.
I think he needs to sort his hair out to get back into form;)

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Phil Jones and DDG can
Jones had a decent game and Varane too, but that's it.

DDG has always done great for us when he is pressured to make saves. Which actually means, we are doing quite bad and conceding lot of shots.

JoaquinJoaquin

He's still a very talented player, but he's playing in a team that collectively has no idea what its doing at the moment. Why he's being turned into the current whipping boy when we've only one player - De Gea - who is turning in acceptable performances is beyond me.
Erm, probably because he has been poor for over a year now, looks like he has massively regressed as a player and appears to not give a feck when he is on the pitch. His body language is shockingly bad. Rashford epitomizes everything wrong with this squad, and fans are fed up of these unrelatable spoiled brats.

Foxbatt

He thinks no end of himself and tries to take on an entire defence and run into traffic and lose possession. This happens all the time. he should be sent away to sort his head out.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's that guy at five a side who never passes the ball and would rather do it all himself and messes up a great opportunity for someone else who actually has a chance of hitting the target or even scoring a goal.

Fed up with his sulky attitude as well.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He’s a severely unlikeable player these days, and has been for a while.

Attitude of Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic, with all the playing ability of Agbonlahor.

sosolid4u09

Martial gets destroyed yet he's never been as consistently bad as Rashford has been for the last year

Pickle85

I think people are sometimes mistaking his excssive carrying of the ball for greediness when it's mostly that he either often doesn't have the vision needed to pick the pass or isn't confident that he has the technical ability to pull it off. Often I think he ruins into congested areas, panics and can't see a pass. I don't think it's that he's always greedily going himself for glory. I don't know which would be worse though TBF.

Swiss_Red89

Martial gets destroyed yet he's never been as consistently bad as Rashford has been for the last year
Rashford gets destroyed as well isn't he? I think he is the most critisised player in here along maybe Maguire.

Or take a look on his social media accounts, it's abuse non stop.

I really hope he can come out of this slump and perform again. Not an easy task with the pressure on him to perform getting bigger and bigger. While his confidence seems to be on an all time low. If he continues this form in 2022 than the club and he have to consider if a fresh start somewhere else might be best for all parties.

El Jefe

Spoiled rotten during his time here especially under Ole. He was really humble to start with because he wasn't touted as a megastar in the youth team so he grabbed the opportunity with both hands and was eager to learn.

LVG and Jose especially kept him honest and pushed him hard to improve and do the unremarkable aspects of the game. Ole came in and made him the symbol of the United way and was largely responsible for inflating his ego to massive levels. He was given the No.10 shirt, 200-250k contract, labelled a national hero and given undroppable status in the space of 18 months. This status is well above his actual talent level and ability as a footballer but Ole continued to feed this growing ego.

I hope the next manager can get through to him and get him enjoying football again. My main worry however is his PR agency and represenatatives have boosted his ego to such unreal levels that he may feel he's now above fighting for his place or being looked at as anything less than a football superstar.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I hope he's left out of the team now so fans can lay off him a while. He is in terrible form but so are most of them. Seems to be the poster boy for the hatred though.

Yesterday he only came on in the 75th minute. The team before he came on were just as bad.

Banana Republic

He missed the first 7 league games of this campaign, but has still managed to top the leader board of the Caf’s worst player, in the post match player ratings this season.
He won it last season.
Time for him to be dropped from the starting squad and to work on a reboot.
Then he can fight for a place, as all players should.
We have to be brutally honest though.
If there’s no marked improvement between now and the end of the season, logic says his time should be up.

Satsuma United

I hope Marcus is one of those 11 players that want to leave the club.

Both parties will benefit, maybe he can resurrect his career somewhere else and we will have a spot for a new star.

Doracle

I feel he's guilty of being complacent knowing he'll never really get dropped or sold without Old Trafford fans rioting. We always seem desperate to keep producing the next batch of the class of 92 that we'll give them far more leeway than other players. A couple of years ago there were fans comparing him with Mbappe and how he's United's next star and could take Rooney's goal record. That could have gotten into his head and rather use it as motivation he's gotten comfortable knowing we'll never really sell him so there's no desire to improve.
Or, maybe, he’s struggled with injuries over the last couple of years and has now returned (hopefully injury free) but into a squad low on confidence and still isn’t himself totally up to speed after a long layout. Rather than trying to support him, we’ve got a lot of spoilt reactionary fans who have no patience and want him sold.

Foxbatt

All he needs to do is keep it simple. That's how you get back into form. He is not a world class player. He is not going to beat 5 defenders.
All he needs to do is pass it to a player who is in a better position. And make an effort to get back possession when he loses it.
At this moment in time I would rather have Dan James than Rashford.

KingCavani

Or, maybe, he’s struggled with injuries over the last couple of years and has now returned (hopefully injury free) but into a squad low on confidence and still isn’t himself totally up to speed after a long layout. Rather than trying to support him, we’ve got a lot of spoilt reactionary fans who have no patience and want him sold.
Always excuses for him. Been going on since 2019. He's just not that good.

romufc

Rapidly become a very unlike able player. Never looks interested or motivated.
Needs dropping and nowhere near match day squads
I agree with this, he looks completely disinterested, when he loses the ball its like oh well, when the ball doesn't come to him, he has his arms up in the air.

An absolute poor footballer at the moment, who cannot do basics right. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't run, can't cross.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rapidly become a very unlike able player. Never looks interested or motivated.
Needs dropping and nowhere near match day squads
Even though he's playing incredibly poorly he's being scapegoated now. It's really sad to see. He came on the other night in the 75th minute and it's being twisted like the defeat was on him alone.

The team is utter trash not just Rashford. Sancho hasn't even got more goal contributions than Rashford this season despite Rashford missing the first 7 games.

The bias on this forum is really pathetic.

CraftySoAndSo

If you're implying i want him sold i don't, i still think there's a very good player in there. But he hasn't been at it for a while and yes it could be injury related, it could also be something mentally we don't know. All we can do is hope that he can get past whatever it is that's hampering him and start contributing more in games because he's more than capable.

Last edited:

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
What do people expect to see from him? He’s never been consistent. Injuries may have taken their toll, and for someone who relies so much on pace that isn’t going to help him. He’s been like this for ages. Goals papering over poor performances and poor decisions most of the game. He’s mid twenties and has been a regular for us since 2016. Honestly think we’ve seen all we need to see and there’s nothing else left. He will always be a quality instinctive finisher when he has the space but he lacks in so many other departments, not to mention his attitude has been appalling on the pitch. If injuries have done him in then we might need to look at moving on.

Siezard

Rashford only played for 15 min + 5 min. Cut him some slack. He was running hard that day.

Foxbatt

Rashford only played for 15 min + 5 min. Cut him some slack. He was running hard that day.
He should have been running non stop for that 15 mins instead of sulking around when he loses possession.

OT_United

His fall from grace is reaching Dele Alli levels. Media will turn a blind eye though because of his work outside the game.
Remember when Rashford said he took this summer to come back a better/stronger player? Far from any United 11 or England squad.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Just like Ole people saw this coming, just like Ole we were bombared with stats without context and just like Ole( the manager) he is not absolutely useless( though it can feel that way sometimes) but just very limited and has gotten comfortable making excuses.

AFC NimbleThumb

I maintain that he & Martial are far better players at this point had we kept LvG.

Had really high hopes for him & he’s stagnated.

Cloud7

He’s a severely unlikeable player these days, and has been for a while.

Attitude of Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic, with all the playing ability of Agbonlahor.
The guy who called him Rashbonlahor was ahead of his time:lol:

captaincantona

I think all of us assume how his social media activity impacts his football. It's pure guessing based on nothing because we don't know tbh.
There are players who are very good and very active on social just like there are some whoa re average while having no consistent activity on those platforms.

As a fanbase, I think we should stop assuming we know how these guys live their lives and what impacts their football played.
I wasn’t assuming anything to be fair. I was saying that he cuts a stressed and dejected figure on the pitch. That he seems desperate to meet the hype. That regardless of which way you “assume” he lives his life, the additional focus his off field charity work or otherwise brings is certainly not benefiting his football-which is his job and the reason we are all here discussing him.

in any line of work or life, when things are not going well or getting too much for someone the general sound advice given which is harmless at worst is to get back to basics. One step, one thing at a time.

In response to your passive wokeism, even though what I wrote is in no way a comment on his general social media activity or an attempt to make assumptions about players private lives, I think it would be far more beneficial for people in general, famous or otherwise, to self correct. If you don’t want people to have opinions on your social media then regulate yourself and don’t expose yourself. You don’t find people commenting on Greenwood or Martial or DVB or Fred or Shaw or Jones or whoever you want to use as an example. Because they keep a low profile and still manage to be professional footballers. Where as Rashford, Jesse, Pogba etc. choose to put themselves out there in capacities other than football - allbeit in Rashfords case it is a charitable capacity. This draws attention and inevitable comment when things are not going well on the pitch.

while the spotlight is on him in any capacity, he will be slaughtered for every bad dribble or wild shot. Rashford needs the spotlight elsewhere so he can start putting in 6/10 performances again consistently and build from there.

Rockets Redglare

Even though he's playing incredibly poorly he's being scapegoated now. It's really sad to see. He came on the other night in the 75th minute and it's being twisted like the defeat was on him alone.

The team is utter trash not just Rashford. Sancho hasn't even got more goal contributions than Rashford this season despite Rashford missing the first 7 games.

So what is the bias and reason for him being scapegoated then?

captaincantona

I would say the issue is people who are venting on a fan forum are being accused of bias and having an agenda. Rashford has been shite for a long time and gets paid millions of pounds for it. As fans who contribute to that salary I am sure we are entitled to opinions on his performances and role in the team...as long as it doesn’t get pointed or personal or nasty or whatever. Are we now saying fans can’t call for players to be dropped and others to be given a chance? The world is really turning into quite the hypersensitive mess isn’t it?

romufc

Having more goal contributions doesn't mean he is better.

He came on and tried to dribble past 5 players, then realised he cant shoot so just passed the ball to a Wolves player, instead of running back and winning the ball back, what was he doing?

Rashford's attitude is an example of why we are failing. When I see other top players at clubs lose the ball, they chase it back.

I remember Rooney was the same, he would chase back if he lost the ball. You lose the ball, you can't just throw your hands in the air, which is what majority of this team do.

Devil’s Trident

It’s not just with united though. His attitude being sulky was with England too at the euros. We all saw how he never looked happy, didn’t celebrate , never with the group enjoying the ride like the whole team did. It’s a massive massive problem when a player sulks that much and for so long. I remember how awful his sulkiness was during the end of last season especially in the Europa league final. People excused on him being injured but it was clear that something was so so wrong.

soapythecat

At what point did I make him a scapegoat? He, along with many others, haven't been good enough for a while. Rashford hasn't put a performance in worthy of keeping his starting place this season you could argue. He looks disinterested and forever gesturing as if it wasn't his fault.

If you think he's not an issue at the moment then I'd probably suggest you stay clear of his performance thread because he is playing like he neither cares or wants to work hard.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He has been in poor form for some time now, which can happen to anyone, but seems like he just doesn't work hard as much as before.

To many times he completely drifts out of the game to the point I forget about him playing until he loses the ball or has failed dribling attempt.

He regressed as player in last year and half, two even, when he should've kicked on to become constitenly very good/great player. He has all the tools- great acceleration and speed, good enough technique, very good striking technique, can beat his marker with tricks and flicks, very good delivery from wing but his decision making and lack of effort prevents him from taking next level.

Hope he manages to turn around his fortune and fulfill his potential, but for now he deserves some time off on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.