g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Bonavena

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player where, when his form dips (or falls off a cliff in Rashford's case) every other aspect of his game disintegrates. Energy, work rate, movement, passing, gone to shit.

I'm sick to my bollocks of him at this stage. I don't even give a f**k if he hits another "purple patch" this season, it's all a f**king mirage.

He's shown time and time again that he doesn't have the consistency, quality or attitude to be a top class player, certainly not one to bring United back to challenging for titles.

Seveneric

Maybe his deluded fan boys will finally realise he’s not the world class player they keep claiming he is.

He’s utter useless when he’s not scoring.
That has always been such a stupid claim. Great player, but he has too many of these down spells (at this point, it's almost a dead cert to happen every season) for him to be worldclass.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
sometimes i think if he’d only just let a couple more underachiever kids starve, just maybe the world would have been a better place.

Huddsred

The whole team looks jaded and not quite right in my opinion. That means ETH's tactics aren't yet working and it also prevents Rashford from performing. He thrives on fitness and confidence like most people, but more so.
There's no excuse for not trying, and Rashford clearly isn't making the effort in games.

Yorke to Cole

Now in our heart of hearts, we all want Rashford to do well, especially after what he contributed last season. I am also not making excuses for any discrepancies in his performances (not tracking back etc).........But this is an honest question, does anyone think that Rashford has been affected by the issues off the field?(Sancho)

Or to make the question more specific does anyone think he was under the assumption he would be playing with either Kane/Greenwood or both this season?

If so, is he a player that seems to be playing with the weight of the World on his shoulders and all the scoring responsibilities are on him again?

kaku06

Vulgarian
I’m going to say something controversial here. The day he’s sold the day we’ll start to progress as a club. He has us by the balls for some reason and has been elevated to a status I have never seen since Cantona with not even quarter the talent. He’s become a noose around our neck to the point we can’t not play him, we can’t sub him consistently and we can’t bollock him. He has become this Mr. Manchester United. An untouchable player who we are so scared to sell. I hate it.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Calling it now - the club has (rightly) backed Ten Hag on all the key calls (Ronaldo, Maguire, De Gea, Sancho) but they’ll have a wobble when he inevitably falls out with the star boy Rashford.

Rashy will go to war via his mates in the press and Ten Hag will lose his job.
Spot on. Agree with all of this.

Mercurial

I’m going to say something controversial here. The day he’s sold the day we’ll start to progress as a club. He has us by the balls for some reason and has been elevated to a status I have never seen since Cantona with not even quarter the talent. He’s become a noose around our neck to the point we can’t not play him, we can’t sub him consistently and we can’t bollock him. He has become this Mr. Manchester United. An untouchable player who we are so scared to sell. I hate it.
70-85% wanted him gone, so not all that controversial?
His inconsistencies are a tough problem.

JediSith

Spot on. Agree with all of this.
Rashford isn’t suited to the system. But he could easily bring in £80m plus and move to an Atletico or PSG type team. So I don’t think the board will mind. But the press will make a big deal out of it.

stw2022

They didn't want to give him a new contract but every time things didn't go his way in negotiations he fell to the floor and developed a limp until they gave in. Rumour has it, anyway.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
There's no excuse for not trying, and Rashford clearly isn't making the effort in games.
I don't see that at all. He's just not quite succeeding. Maybe if i was watching at OT and not on TV I would see it differently. Do any match day fans have a thought?

Banana Republic

Calling it now - the club has (rightly) backed Ten Hag on all the key calls (Ronaldo, Maguire, De Gea, Sancho) but they’ll have a wobble when he inevitably falls out with the star boy Rashford.

Rashy will go to war via his mates in the press and Ten Hag will lose his job.
ETH don't have to fall out with him.
He just needs to drop him until he can show he deserves a place in the starting line up.
ETH is almost certainly giving the same message to the players, as he gives to the media, that you have to work hard and prove you deserve to be selected.
If Rashford creates a big enough fuss about it, make it clear to him that he isn't running the team and if he doesn't like it, he can always put in a transfer request.

fallengt

85% voted yes to sell weren't stupid afterall.
He turned up when it mattered (last year of his contract), who would have guessed

RedOrange

He just needs to drop him until he can show he deserves a place in the starting line up.
ETH is almost certainly giving the same message to the players, as he gives to the media, that you have to work hard and prove you deserve to be selected.
If Rashford creates a big enough fuss about it, make it clear to him that he isn't running the team and if he doesn't like it, he can always put in a transfer request.
If Rashford makes a fuss then ETH is out.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
85% voted yes to sell weren't stupid afterall.
He turned up when it mattered (last year of his contract), who would have guessed
The best bit about this is those delusional positive dickriders who were so happy to quote post after post, gloat as if their family got the contract not Mr Overrated and yet they're so, so quiet now.

Pathetic bunch of hypocrites.

el3mel

I will start Martial on the left flank for few games and drop the kid. He needs some competition. Hopefully Martial doesn't get injured after one game though.

el3mel

Rashford is far more important for United board than Ten Hag, whether we like it or not. Ten Hag will be stupid to cross passes with him, as it will mean his arse getting sacked next day.

He can drop him for few games though but I don't think he will do that anyway. Ten Hag believes Rashford is his only reliable attacker and that he has no better alternative so he will stick with him, beside, Rashford seems like a favorite for him and Ten Hag will play his favorites to the ground.

Red00012

The day we move on Rashford is the day this club can move forward. He won’t be dropped

iHicksy

Garnacho offered more in his first 3 touches than Rashford did all game. He plays like someone who thinks he's world class and far better than he is. He acts like Ronaldo when he throws his hands in the air. Only Ronaldo had earned the right to do so. I'm so sick of this guy.

I called it before the palace game, the reason we looked so good in mid week was because we played players who WORKED HARD and played like they knew they have to kill themselves running to keep their spot. Only those players were replaced with the likes of Rashford and Bruno, and we again looked like one of the most toothless united teams in recent years. The system and manager are not the issue, players like Bruno and Rashford are i'm afraid.

I don't really understand what is going through ETH's mind, when he sees the way we played in the Cup then reverts back to the same players and formation/positions that have caused us to lose the most number of matches in our opening 7 games in OUR HISTORY. Drop Rashford, drop bruno. Play Garnacho, Hannibal, Martial and move mount further up the pitch

TEX_RED_DVL

Does not seem up to it, does he? Starting to wonder if he knows how to put in a good cross. He does not have the ability to beat three defenders. Which he is always trying to do. Pass the ball!

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
They really were.

Once ETH's tactics start clicking he'll be fine. Everything is all over the place right now.
I mean this IS the setup. Once Rashford starts scoring, ETH will be fine. His tactics are all about individual quality.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I mean this IS the setup. Once Rashford starts scoring, ETH will be fine. His tactics are all about individual quality.
Yeah to some extent. Casemiro is looking too old already. He should have been sent off today he did so many mistimed tackles. Same problem with Erikson when it comes to mobility and tackling back. Mount is looking not good enough. We have a midfield problem of epic proportions that we are just in the foothills of. Not chasing Rice was a massive mistake. It all comes back to the Glazers and bad long term buys to paper the cracks. Rashford is not the problem. They are.

KD6-3.7

The incompetence of this club can be summed up with this contract. I don’t think a single top European club would have given him half the money that we gave him. We’re so screwed, even if Ten Hag drops Rashford to the bench, people underestimate his ‘United golden boy’ stature within the club but also his friends in the media to cause an uproar, notice how he doesn’t get half the criticism others have gotten.

the_cliff

The incompetence of this club can be summed up with this contract. I don’t think a single top European club would have given him half the money that we gave him. We’re so screwed, even if Ten Hag drops Rashford to the bench, people underestimate his ‘United golden boy’ stature within the club but also his friends in the media to cause an uproar, notice how he doesn’t get half the criticism others have gotten.
Just goes to show that the only big team in Europe that was actually seriously interested in him was PSG. They are probably the only big club that are ran as bad as us.

KD6-3.7

Just goes to show that the only big team in Europe that was actually seriously interested in him was PSG. They are probably the only big club that are ran as bad as us.
Barcelona right now rival us pretty well in regards to the incompetence of owners but while ours are just dumb and greedy bankers Barca have criminals. But they still never sunk as low as we have in the last decade in regards to the football.

I‘d be curious to know how legit that PSG interest really was, that moments gone now anyway. They learned the hard way that filling the team with egos isn’t the best decision.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yeah to some extent. Casemiro is looking too old already. He should have been sent off today he did so many mistimed tackles. Same problem with Erikson when it comes to mobility and tackling back. Mount is looking not good enough. We have a midfield problem of epic proportions that we are just in the foothills of. Not chasing Rice was a massive mistake. It all comes back to the Glazers and bad long term buys to paper the cracks. Rashford is not the problem. They are.
There's only so much we can spend. Did we really need a £50m GK and £60m Mount? That's your Rice money right there. But he didn't want Rice. Nothing to do with the Glazers. They just put up another £200-300m for him to spend willy nilly. They should laugh in his face if he says he wasn't backed enough. The entitlement of our supporters is ridiculous, as if we should be able to spend unreal money non stop.

Hal9000

They really were.

Once ETH's tactics start clicking he'll be fine. Everything is all over the place right now.
It's not his tactics, or maybe it's Ten Hag instruction.

Unlike last season he seems to have lost his movement in the final third and the only thing he seems to want to do with the ball is see if he can get through 3/4 players.

The thing is, when he runs at teams he often draws players to him, but he doesn't make the pass.

El Zoido

There's only so much we can spend. Did we really need a £50m GK and £60m Mount? That's your Rice money right there. But he didn't want Rice. Nothing to do with the Glazers. They just put up another £200-300m for him to spend willy nilly. They should laugh in his face if he says he wasn't backed enough. The entitlement of our supporters is ridiculous, as if we should be able to spend unreal money non stop.
It comes back to the Glazers because they haven’t put an infrastructure in place for recruitment. Bowing to the whims of the manager in such a way is crazy, it doesn’t happen at any other club. Even City has a structure and it’s not just “whatever Pep wants.” Ten Hag is just given millions to buy who he wants and nobody questions it. £90m on Anthony and £50m on Mount is diabolical business. We should have profiled Rice as a target before Ten Hag was even at the club.

The length of a rebuild is longer than the typical tenure of a manager, which is why our ongoing strategy of letting each manager dictate policy is doomed to failure. Whoever follows Ten Hag will have a bunch of his failed signings on the books, and they’ll just have to deal with it for 2-3 years. Some of them will outlast this hypothetical new manager. It all comes back to the Glazers not knowing nor caring how to operate a successful football club.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
PSG weren’t interested in him. Only the English media were reporting the interest and it doesn’t take a genius to know who’s briefing them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is a smart player, playing his best form for the contract, and once he got that signed, he is back to his shit form again.

kaku06

Vulgarian
We are going nowhere with him. Unfortunately nobody at the club is ready to accept that. The golden boy image he has means he’s undroppable by any manager. No matter what he has to play because he’s Rashford even if that means we lose and sink lower and lower. He can sulk he can be dogshit he can be underperforming he can afford to not put the effort in but any manager that dares to drop him would be sacked. For some reason he has become so powerful that a club like Manchester United is scared to touch him. Unbelievable really.

Status
Not open for further replies.