Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Don't even try this you will be reminded next time he does something nice that you have an agenda or something..
Don't worry. I've been on his case since 2020. Some dumb replies won't convince me otherwise.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Don't even try this you will be reminded next time he does something nice that you have an agenda or something..
Caf reaction to criticism when a player is performing poorly: "knee jerk!"

Caf reaction to criticism when a player is performing well: "why are you complaining? You must have an agenda!"

Yagami

Good post resistant
In terms of just general play, I've always felt he's been at his best with Martial playing. This is because Martial has been our only forward capable of holding the ball under pressure and playing in tight spaces. That gives Rashford, and others, the platform to play passes further forwards and in said tight spaces because we know Martial won't lose it.

The problem is we don't have any players capable of this now. The two we did are either constantly unfit (Martial) or unavailable (Greenwood). EtH NEEDED to bring in players of this ilk but didn't.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He's about as awful as you can get when you consider the players in the 300k/week bracket.

He's not helping the team and looks like he plays for himself.
He's really not, but again the reactionary, all or nothing over the top emotional outbursts on this place don't surprise me one bit anymore.

Rightnr

He's really not, but again the reactionary, all or nothing over the top emotional outbursts on this place don't surprise me one bit anymore.
You are not sounding as you think you do (reasonable).

This is delusional fanboy talk with no clear examples of what he does for the team outside of being a PR merchant.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Maybe his deluded fan boys will finally realise he’s not the world class player they keep claiming he is.

He’s utter useless when he’s not scoring.

Champ

You are not sounding as you think you do (reasonable).

This is delusional fanboy talk with no clear examples of what he does for the team outside of being a PR merchant.
:lol:

Right you are.

I understand United are in a bad place, but the over the top reactions on here are getting funnier and more worrisome by the day.

I think you need a lay down mate, step away from the internet for a bit.

Rightnr

Right you are.

I understand United are in a bad place, but the over the top reactions on here are getting funnier and more worrisome by the day.

I think you need to get off your high horse and visit Specsavers

Champ

I think you need to get off your high horse and visit Specsavers
Step away from the screen, go outside mate, get some fresh air, you'll feel better for it.

m1tch

Unreliable. Not got the mentality to be anything else.

Chin on his chest and mopes around as soon as things get tough for him/team. Wouldn't have made it into a Fergie side that's for sure.

rollingstoned1

Don't worry. I've been on his case since 2020. Some dumb replies won't convince me otherwise.
I am not alone then. I will wait and see what his legacy will look like among United fans in a few yrs when the dust truly settles.

Polar

Rash have had many long dips during his career. I recommended we sell him when he was on top after World Cup, but suddenly people seemed to forget his dips in performance and wanted to keep him. Timing of sales haven’t been United’s strong side last 10y.

Mercurial

He showed it last season. But in a misfiring team and out of condition he loses it. We know all about this. Nobody is playing well right now and nobody will until everybody does. That's the nature of ETH's setup.

The 85% who thought we should sell him were as embarrassing then as they are now.
You sure about that? Those 85% are on top opinionwise atm.

Mercurial

Rash have had many long dips during his career. I recommended we sell him when he was on top after World Cup, but suddenly people seemed to forget his dips in performance and wanted to keep him. Timing of sales haven’t been United’s strong side last 10y.
A sell and all that money onto Kane would have been the smart move. But we don't have smart people running us.

Lentwood

Well and truly had enough. I've known what he is since his 2nd season and been called all sorts of names for saying it - but he's a bang average football with a knack for hitting purple patches of form.

He's arguably had three good spells in his career, and one of those is debatable because it involved a record breaking number of penalties. Overall he's a complete buffer. Lazy. Entitled. Bad attitude. Average.

alexthelion

Right you are.

Why would he do that when he's right?

alexthelion

Well and truly had enough. I've known what he is since his 2nd season and been called all sorts of names for saying it - but he's a bang average football with a knack for hitting purple patches of form.

He's arguably had three good spells in his career, and one of those is debatable because it involved a record breaking number of penalties. Overall he's a complete buffer. Lazy. Entitled. Bad attitude. Average.
This.

Mercurial

I Second this, Caf is toxic if you have dissenting opinion of some favorites.

sugar_kane

Calling it now - the club has (rightly) backed Ten Hag on all the key calls (Ronaldo, Maguire, De Gea, Sancho) but they’ll have a wobble when he inevitably falls out with the star boy Rashford.

Rashy will go to war via his mates in the press and Ten Hag will lose his job.

RedOrange

He showed it last season. But in a misfiring team and out of condition he loses it. We know all about this. Nobody is playing well right now and nobody will until everybody does. That's the nature of ETH's setup.

The 85% who thought we should sell him were as embarrassing then as they are now.
Nah, I don't buy that. You can blame the manager for the overall team performance, but blaming Rashford's performance on the manager won't fly. It's not the tactics, and it's not a lack of opportunities that's hurting Rashford the team has been feeding him the ball in space on the left all day this season and he's doing nothing with it.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
You sure about that? Those 85% are on top opinionwise atm.
Nah, I don't buy that. You can blame the manager for the overall team performance, but blaming Rashford's performance on the manager won't fly. It's not the tactics, and it's not a lack of opportunities that's hurting Rashford the team has been feeding him the ball in space on the left all day this season and he's doing nothing with it.
The whole team looks jaded and not quite right in my opinion. That means ETH's tactics aren't yet working and it also prevents Rashford from performing. He thrives on fitness and confidence like most people, but more so.

Mercurial

The whole team looks jaded and not quite right in my opinion. That means ETH's tactics aren't yet working and it also prevents Rashford from performing. He thrives on fitness and confidence like most people, but more so.
The upward hill he faces is the same all others do, some are leaders some are not. Some lift their team some don't. Guess this means he is a fairweather player and not the leader we need?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He’s such a brainless footballer. Keeps running into crowds of defenders and making daft decisions. If he’s not scoring he’s a complete liability. Would be great if we had a genuine great LW so we could place him on the bench.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The upward hill he faces is the same all others do, some are leaders some are not. Some lift their team some don't. Guess this means he is a fairweather player and not the leader we need?
Yes I think in some ways that is true. But he was above the level of the other players a lot of last season so it's not always. He was the main reason we made UCL after all. But the post Ronaldo team looked better than this one. ETH has made changes that have yet to work.

Rightnr

Gakpo has more goals than Rashford
Funny that. People told me we were stacked on the left wing and Rashford is the much better player.

But hey ho, I need to calm down :lol:

Red00012

Any chance we do a DDG and pull the contract and just say it was a mistake

BootsyCollins

He is not playing good at the moment and i would give him a match or two at the bench, but to conpletely write him off as a braindead, useless player is absurd imo.

He was in good form last season, and has been in bad form now. Lets see how long before he hits the good form again.

Cole9

I don’t enjoy being critical because he seems like a nice lad, but I’ve never thought he’s good enough to be a regular starter if we have serious ambitions about winning the top trophies. Funnily enough, most of my non-United supporting mates rate him more than I do. Probably because he generally plays quite well for England.

Mercurial

Yes I think in some ways that is true. But he was above the level of the other players a lot of last season so it's not always. He was the main reason we made UCL after all. But the post Ronaldo team looked better than this one. ETH has made changes that have yet to work.
Yes, it's all frustrating. Too soon to call for coaches head, but he isn't helping himself.

Cole9

He is not playing good at the moment and i would give him a match or two at the bench
I agree, and it might be the motivation he needs. The problem is he very rarely gets benched or subbed off, including with previous managers.

Pughnichi

Right you are.

Over reactions would be after one game.

he’s supposedly one of our star players as per his contract….and his performances have been shambolic certainly since the start of the season…and at the back end of last

I don’t care if your name is Rashford…or Mbappe or Haaland. Your top performers/big names just shouldn’t be putting in consistently terrible performance.

back to rashfords game. His game intelligence is on the floor. And he isn’t learning. At 25 he should have long since removed the same mistakes were seeing every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.