Marcus Rashford (Out) | Ornstein: United want to keep, will only consider substantial bids

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
According to Partrid....eh Goldbridge the whole thing got triggered by a clip with an elderly united fan. I have now found the clip and if that is the case I understand it. Not only does she call him Rashford with a T in front but even worse she claims he wasnt injured and that he is faking injuries.
That is absolutely abuse and I can understand if Rashy doesnt want to take that. In fact we as a fanbase should call out these kind of terrible outbursts. Its enough our rivals hurl abuse at our players, we shouldnt.
Criticizing Rashford for his on field performances is absolutely fair in my opinion but insinuating that he is faking injuries or childish namecalling is disgusting behaviour.
Wow, that scares me about this world, I 100% believe some players have faked injuries as they can't be bothered, that's my right to hold that opinion, it isn't disgusting behaviour, it's my opinion. I've never heard anything so insane than to think that's "Disgusting".

I don't think it's conducive or productive to helping our player get some confidence back but you have every right to hold that view, it's naive of the youtuber to not understand the possible ramification but it's so far from disgusting behaviour.

Big Andy

Bloke
Criticism of form is justified, but there is a line that can be (and is) crossed where it becomes more than ciriticism.

I like Rashford, I think he is a great player, but his form this season has not been great, and because of that, he's then trying too much to score goals where he takes on everyone and lashes it in, which only makes things worse.

The best thing that could happen for him is to get dropped for the Euro's, get away and fully recharge and then come back hungry and desperate to make the squad for the World Cup, which could only be good for us.

Let's face it, Saka is a shoe in on the right, and then you've got the likes of Foden, Grealish, Bowen and even Anthony gordon arguably ahead of him for the wife left forward position.

Lyng

Wow, that scares me about this world, I 100% believe some players have faked injuries as they can't be bothered, that's my right to hold that opinion, it isn't disgusting behaviour, it's my opinion. I've never heard anything so insane than to think that's "Disgusting".

I don't think it's conducive or productive to helping our player get some confidence back but you have every right to hold that view, it's naive of the youtuber to not understand the possible ramification but it's so far from disgusting behaviour.
Thinking that is fine, but saying that to a camera, you better have some proper insight.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I agee that this is poor behaviour that we as United fans should disagree with but she’s just random fan right? I’m surprised random tools are being given so much importance. Fans just like any set of people have idiots amongst them. Look Arsenals fan channels and others and how people behave. I’m guessing much worse happens at the grounds.
Needs to be more Ibra - "a lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep".

He really does need thicker skin if that's what triggered it...

Lyng

I agee that this is poor behaviour that we as United fans should disagree with but she’s just random fan right? I’m surprised random tools are being given so much importance. Fans just like any set of people have idiots amongst them. Look Arsenals fan channels and others and how people behave. I’m guessing much worse happens at the grounds.
Random tools should be ignored absolutely, sadly in the age of social media that is not the case. Look at how big Goldbridge has become and he is an absolute idiot. Heck our club just "signed a contract" with Speed...

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't know why there's an obsession around here about selling Rashford to PSG. There hasn't been any noise on the french side for a long time, they already have a Mbappé replacement position-wise in Barcola, and Rashford doesn't seem to match Luis Enrique's tactics, with the latter having solidified its status and power at Paris these last few months.

I would be very surprised if it happened. If they sign a big name this summer, it probably won't be at Mbappé's position.
Yeah Mbappé's replacements are a combination of Barcola and Simons. Then they have Asensio, Dembélé, Ramos and Kolo-Muani for the other positions.

antk

Having an opinion and abusing another human being are two very different things. One of them can definitely be qualified as disgusting behavior.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If social media messages bother him so much he can turn off all of those DMs.

soapythecat

The reported abuse is not good in any light. But Rashford has been the creator of his own downfall here. His attitude on the pitch as been woeful all season long - he cannot expect to be one of the clubs highest earners without some kind of criticism when he is at this level.
He could set this right easily by turning up and getting sweaty on match day, rather than sauntering around the pitch like the football world owes him some kind of respect because he has a big contract. He doesn't look like he cares one bit so why would supporters not openly criticise him?
Maybe this latest issue will force him to put some effort in to either on the pitch performance or to getting a transfer. One of those options is going to have to be exercised if there is any decent outcome now.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
According to Partrid....eh Goldbridge the whole thing got triggered by a clip with an elderly united fan. I have now found the clip and if that is the case I understand it. Not only does she call him Rashford with a T in front but even worse she claims he wasnt injured and that he is faking injuries.
That is absolutely abuse and I can understand if Rashy doesnt want to take that. In fact we as a fanbase should call out these kind of terrible outbursts. Its enough our rivals hurl abuse at our players, we shouldnt.
Criticizing Rashford for his on field performances is absolutely fair in my opinion but insinuating that he is faking injuries or childish namecalling is disgusting behaviour.
but what has Rantbridge to do with it? If anything has been defending Rashford.

on a side note: I don’t get this whole Goldbrige hate. He is a level-headed guy, sometimes a prick but that’s all

Lyng

on a side note: I don’t get this whole Goldbrige hate. He is a level-headed guy, sometimes a prick but that’s all
He was the guy that mentioned the clip. And fair play to him he criticised it heavily

DanClancy

You don't get why United fans don't like a Forest fan pretending to be a United fan?

DanClancy

Don't know any United fan who'd keep him and I mean match going reds, unfortunately going to be very difficult to get rid of him.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I don't think it's fair to compare modern day players to players that played before the social media era. They would get abused at games. Once they went home, it stopped. That isn't the case for players any more.

I do agree that he likely doesn't have the mentality to be our top man. If you're playing badly, you have to accept that you will be criticised. There are many people that take it too far, but that's life.
He doesn't have to be on social media though, that's his choice

The Purley King

If he doesn't like random grannies abusing him perhaps he should try harder. You know, actually earn that £350k a week. At least some of that money will have come directly from the fans, we are paying his wages and he's showing up like that?
Fans will forgive poor form and mistakes made on the pitch, but we will never forgive a lack of effort. Poncing around for 90 minutes and not breaking sweat is unforgiveable.

van Nistelrooy

For what it's worth I think he should leave in the summer. There's just a way to go about it that isn't hounding a local kid who is probably slowly realising his time at his one and only club might be ending.
With his huge contract having four more years to run and on the back of a dire season, who would actually make a move for Rashford? No one. His position at United is secure. He knows that, his agent knows that and his PR team do too.

This is 'Brand Rashford' being lazy in attempting to take the heat off him because he simply isn't good enough to do it on the pitch.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yup. Not all but much more than in the past. Could say more than 50% impacted? Yes you could.
People today also face far more abuse than they did say 10 years ago due to how accessible people are in todays more connected world

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't doubt Rashford's talent. What he did last year was astronomical and anyone bothering checking up his career stats know that it wasn't a one year fluke. Rashford's off form is not of concern. Players do suffer from bad spells. Him jogging on the pitch does bother me. However that might be due to injury. What really worries me is his reactions to the media and off the pitch. Its becoming increasingly evident that he's too thin skinned to make it at the highest level. Add that to his off form and his lack of work rate then its fair to say that criticism does effect his game and how he reacts to it.

Some players are simply not cut to play at top clubs. Talent is of course a key issue but there were cases of playing having all the talent in the world, who lived like monks off the pitch but who simply couldn't handle pressure. Roberto Baggio was the best no 10 the world had ever seen. Unfortunately he needed to constantly feel that he's the protagonist of such team. Take that out of him and paranoia would set in and he'll go in full destruction mode. Nowadays he live in a villa in Vicenza playing the farmer role and staying away from football as humanely possible. I'd say Cantona would have followed a similar self destructive route if his path didn't crossed with that of the biggest man manager in football history. These are two great players whose professionalism and commitment to the cause was off the charts.

I can see Rashford going to Germany or France and absolutely own the league. The talent is there. However I think its time for him to go. Similarly to Sancho he's simply not cut for top level football were one have to perform to the highest level week in week out

Born2Lose

I think it's pretty clear now that Rashford PLC doesn't care about United fans.

Rashford PLC cares only about Rashford fans who, because he plays for United, are probably majority also United fans.

Around 15% of the forum thought it was a good idea last summer to give Rashford a £300k+ contract, these fans are Rashford PLC's target market. The ones who'll always find an excuse, who'll never criticize. The ones who'll still back him as one of the highest paid players in the PL, even though he hasn't put in an honest 90 minute performance all season.

His PR may seem crass, and at times unintentionally bordering on parody ("Doubt me, even better"), but it's not directed at the 85%, it's directed at the 15% for whom Rashford's image is more important than his performances.

Rashford PLC cares only about Rashford fans who, because he plays for United, are probably majority also United fans.

Around 15% of the forum thought it was a good idea last summer to give Rashford a £300k+ contract, these fans are Rashford PLC's target market. The ones who'll always find an excuse, who'll never criticize. The ones who'll still back him as one of the highest paid players in the PL, even though he hasn't put in an honest 90 minute performance all season.

His PR may seem crass, and at times unintentionally bordering on parody ("Doubt me, even better"), but it's not directed at the 85%, it's directed at the 15% for whom Rashford's image is more important than his performances.
Not sure where to start here, but I will say I don’t believe for a second that the bolded actually exists.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
If we can't love him at his worst, we don't deserve him at his best!

Kopral Jono

Rashford is a goner if the right offer comes this summer. At this point, with all the noise surrounding him, deep inside he probably knows that he needs a fresh start.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Where to start? The constant weird use of Rashford PLC? Saying people never criticize him? That he doesn't care about Utd fans? Rubbish post all round really

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not sure where to start here, but I will say I don’t believe for a second that the bolded actually exists.
As the a co-chairman of the Rashford Fan Club, I can confirm your claim. This season he has been wank and I'm highly worried.

DanClancy

The Goldbridge fans are an odd bunch, never met one who attends matches; That tells its own story.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
The Goldbridge fans are an odd bunch, never met one who attends matches; That tells its own story.
I am not a fan of his, i just cannot understand the hate he gets. He is a prick, can be patronizing, takes his viewers on an emotional ride (Ten Hag sack, Ten Hag stays within 24h) but really that's all. People call him toxic, dont get why.