Mario Mandžukić

Treble

I can see why Ole would want him, it's good to have a big option from the bench, both in terms of mentality and height.

Bojan11

Give us a different option. Always good to have a different way of playing.
Exactly plus we a bit too nice. Rashford has lumps kicked out of him against Liverpool. Mandzukic wouldn’t stand for that shit.

Flytan

Experienced striker who is fine with being a sub.

Why would people be against it? It's literally perfect for us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's obviously not a muppet transfer, but if he's happy being a bench/rotation player for a while then that's fine with me.

He gives us a bit of height which we lack currently.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Absolutely fine with him being a bench option. Totally different player to the other strikers. Also buys Greenwood time to develop.

haram

Why the feck does Ole want him?
He wants him because he is a good player. Guy has played for Bayern, Atleti and Juventus and people still question him. The mind boggles.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He gives us plan B and an aerial threat from crosses. Not sure why anyone would be averse to signing him on a short term deal as a squad option.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Papers release total unlogical bs and people believe in that. And i don't mind when some random fan believes in that but United fans?
Ole wants to play with quick strikers on counter attacks and because of that we are trying to sell Lukaku who is in his best years, who is a very good and proven PL striker and is pretty mobile and we want to replace him with slow target man? Yeah right...

Kearnkoff69

He's an experienced striker who's won a lot of medals in his career and provides a different option up front if our smaller, pacey first choice forwards aren't getting it done. He's also a workhorse who's shown that he's willing to accept a lesser or different role to fit into the team's style and tactics. For 10M, this is a low-risk transfer to add depth and quality personality to the squad. I can't really see why people would be vociferously against it.

Redrum1982

I'm surprised people are for this. What would he bring that Lukaku wouldn't? Similar attributes to Lukaku only nowhere near as good. He's never hit 20 goals in any league he's played in.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Papers release total unlogical bs and people believe in that. And i don't mind when some random fan believes in that but United fans?
Ole wants to play with quick strikers on counter attacks and because of that we are trying to sell Lukaku who is in his best years, who is a very good and proven PL striker and is pretty mobile and we want to replace him with slow target man? Yeah right...
He won't be replacing Lukaku..

izec

What type of striker is he?
Not the prolific scoring one, but he is extremely hard working and physical. He loves a scrappy goal or a good header, likes to press all game. Gets the job done most of the time, runs the whole game and can rough up players/defenders. Decent at time wasting as well. Chips in regularly with 10-15 goals a season. Give him chances and he scores most of the time. Defends good at corners. Has no attitude issues, puts the team first. For a year or two, you wont find a better experienced squad player for a striker. He was good last season at Juve even at his age and scored some important goals. You obviously cant rely on him to play 50 games and score 40 goals, but i dont think that is what we are looking for at 10m.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
He's an experienced striker who's won a lot of medals in his career and provides a different option up front if our smaller, pacey first choice forwards aren't getting it done. He's also a workhorse who's shown that he's willing to accept a lesser or different role to fit into the team's style and tactics. For 10M, this is a low-risk transfer to add depth and quality personality to the squad. I can't really see why people would be vociferously against it.
Pretty much my thoughts

Born2Lose

Only thing that stops the moaners moaning about not signing any players is moaning about signings that the moaners don't like.

Gopher Brown

We're gonna end up with Woody forgetting about Dybala and getting Mandzukic in a straight swap for Lukaku

Tiber

Bit odd to sign a 33 year old, feels a bit Joseish. But if he is cheap and Ole has a specific role in mind? Why not

AshRK

It's funny how he would have been perfect under Jose. I still won't mind him. He can still get those important goals and if Ole uses him properly he could be an asset.

Not the prolific scoring one, but he is extremely hard working and physical. He loves a scrappy goal or a good header, likes to press all game. Gets the job done most of the time, runs the whole game and can rough up players/defenders. Decent at time wasting as well. Chips in regularly with 10-15 goals a season. Give him chances and he scores most of the time. Defends good at corners. Has no attitude issues, puts the team first. For a year or two, you wont find a better experienced squad player for a striker. He was good last season at Juve even at his age and scored some important goals. You obviously cant rely on him to play 50 games and score 40 goals, but i dont think that is what we are looking for at 10m.
Strong in the air, good hold up, heavy pedigree, warrior, good work rate. No brainer plan b option.
Thanks sounds good, hopefully we can get the deal done.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
While I'm not a fan of 30+ signings, this could actually be a decent deal if it was to happen. Quality cover for a position we're a little unsure about, would bring great experience to the team and ultimately wouldn't hinder Greenwoods development too much. I doubt it will happen though.
I like him, he's a proper professional and a big game player, was pivotal in Croatia's successful World Cup run. I think he could provide a Larsson/Ibrahimovic effect and be a good addition to our dressing room. Darmian is pretty much redundant now so swapping him for Darmian would be a good deal. Who cares if he's 33? It's not like we are going to win the Premier League anytime soon, we need established strikers to get back into the top 4.

izec

I like this, much better than the Perisic link a few years back. Smart business if we can get it done.

With him and Maguire, we would improve in the air immensely.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
10m is a joke for him. Add some more and try getting yedder for less than his release clause.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
For around 10 million, it's a good deal. He has very good work rate and proper presence in the box. Not as first choice striker though, we should think long term too.

izec

10m is a joke for him. Add some more and try getting yedder for less than his release clause.
Ben Yedder would be starting here though, which would mean less playing time for the others. Plus the Dybala links make him unprobable, i dont think we will buy 2 small attackers. Dybala and Mandzukic are a good combo squad wise.

bond19821982

For around 10 million, it's a good deal. He has very good work rate and proper presence in the box. Not as first choice striker though, we should think long term too.
He is earning 5m at Juve.Assuming he demands the same money here and he has another 2 years left . Basically paying 20m for 2 years. Bad investment ,I would say.

bond19821982

Ben Yedder would be starting here though, which would mean less playing time for the others. Plus the Dybala links make him unprobable, i dont think we will buy 2 small attackers. Dybala and Mandzukic are a good combo squad wise.
I don't think Dybala is coming. Bruno and Yedder wouldn't be bad.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Exactly plus we a bit too nice. Rashford has lumps kicked out of him against Liverpool. Mandzukic wouldn’t stand for that shit.
Agreed, we need a bit of shithousery.