Mario Mandžukić

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This is a good move if we can pull this off. It's like signing Sheringham, Larsson, or Blanc in the past. This will benefit our young strikers a lot, even on how to bully opponents.

Lee565

We have plenty that can play as a striker, would it not have been better to buy khedira or matuidi on the cheap for our depleted midfield or does Woodward have some weird OCD where United have to go into every season weak in at least one area of the pitch?

Number32

Papers release total unlogical bs and people believe in that. And i don't mind when some random fan believes in that but United fans?
Ole wants to play with quick strikers on counter attacks and because of that we are trying to sell Lukaku who is in his best years, who is a very good and proven PL striker and is pretty mobile and we want to replace him with slow target man? Yeah right...
Who told you Ole wants to sell Lukaku? It's Lukaku decision to leave us since the window open.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A few years ago I'd of been on board with this as a backup, now though he's probably got 2 years max before he retires so seriously what's the point?

Got a very Arsenal/Lichtsteiner vibe about it

bucky

This would mean Mandzukic, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Sanchez and even Dybala as our striker options. Surely too much.
Sanchez will probably be sold or released, but you've got to wonder, whether we will return to the diamond and 2 up front. Otherwise I am not sure, why Ole would want Mandzukic as well. Mandzukic is still a good player, but I think all of them bar Dybala are better closest to the goal, even if Mandzukic has been good on the left.

Bojan11

A few years ago I'd of been on board with this as a backup, now though he's probably got 2 years max before he retires so seriously what's the point?
We don’t need him to be here for 10 years. We need some experience up too and he’d do the job off the bench.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If he'll arrive together with Dy-baller and it'll mean we're clearing out squad from Rom and Darmian then perhaps it's a bargain of some sort.

I think Bruno would outscore him from midfield position anyway, but that's just my muppet vibe.

Kopral Jono

Mandzukic is top quality and I want him more than Dybala. I can't see it happening, though.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Would be a decent move if only short term. Adding Dybala as well would improve our attack massively.

Our forward options will likely be:

CF: Rashford, Mandzukic, Greenwood
LFW: Martial, James, Chong
RFW: Dybala, Lingard, Greenwood
AMC: Dybala, Mata

LVGWay

Mandzukic is a winner, played for Bayern, Atletico, Juve, scored in World Cup and Champions League finals, yet you’ve got muppets on here saying Rashford is better. Get him in

Patrick08

Even Sanchez can play as a striker and Rashford Martial and James as left wingers, dont understand why will be take him.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Way too many attackers, but I think it's an extremely smart move.

Mata, Lingard and Sanchez all surplus to requirements from my point of view.

Martial, rashford, dybala, james, mandzukic and Greenwood would suffice.

Would be a decent move if only short term. Adding Dybala as well would improve our attack massively.

Our forward options will likely be:

CF: Rashford, Mandzukic, Greenwood
LFW: Martial, James, Chong
RFW: Dybala, Lingard, Greenwood
AMC: Dybala, Mata
Swap Martial and Rashford

dasty

Once Lukaku leaves, we have no physical presence up front. Martial, Rashford, Dybala (if we signed him), James, Greenwood, Mata, Lingard or even Sanchez are all technical players, and none of them is an aerial threat. Mandzukic provides us exactly what all of them can't. A perfect plan B for us especially when some Burnley team is parking the bus and won't move their 11 players away from their penalty box. He is also extremely hardworking on the field and has a very high defensive work rate which suits our tactics.

Denis79

Yup. I thought he'd be great for United even though his club career has always been up and down.
When he's motivated he's a world-beater. Some of his games for Croatia is among the best I've seen of any player in the world.

Tony247

No brainer if true. A very good addition to the team. We need that type of experience up front.

criticalanalysis

Only worry is his injury.

Otherwise, stick him in the 6 yard box and let James/AWB and Pogba just feed it him to for excellent lays offs, movement and goals.

Jacob

Would back this move as a stop-gap (shortcut) gamble to challenge for the title, assuming we get Maguire and Dybala/Bruno.

TommiHelm

Think it's a solid move if it happens. He can teach some of these young (and not so young, but forever a) talent we have a few things imo.

Plus I always wanted to know what it's like to cheer for a team that has Mario in it tbh. :devil:

OohAahMartial

Got to remember that Ole was used to competing with Cole, Yorke and Sheringham. Strength in CFs was a key strategy of SAF. Suspect he will be bench player, Fellaini option, and mentor to our very young strikers. Gives a totally different tactical option for certain games. Sanchez has no future anyway.

I just hope we can include Darmian in the deal, to free up a squad registration space.

Ban

When he's motivated he's a world-beater. Some of his games for Croatia is among the best I've seen of any player in the world.
When he's in full speed he's lethal and then he scores from a impossible angle. Mrtvi kut. :)

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
This is a good move if we can pull this off. It's like signing Sheringham, Larsson, or Blanc in the past. This will benefit our young strikers a lot, even on how to bully opponents.
Sheringham, that was my thought aswell.
If he wants to play with 2 strikers, he'll have 4-5 to chose from.

Rashford-Martial-Mandzukic-Greenwood(Sanchez)
Cole-Yorke-Sheringham-Solskjær

I see similarities. Mandzukic the tall one who can win in the air, and good to hold up the ball - like Sheringham.
Greenwood the fox in the box, good finisher - like Solskjær.

Not sure where Sanchez fits in, but i guess we all would be happy if he just left.

Ban

I always wondered why he hasnt gone to England. I think he'll love it in PL.

Roberto420

I think this would be a clever bit of business, we need some experience and a proven winner aswell he'd be great for our young forwards and by the time he's coming to the end of his career Greenwood will be ready to slot straight in.

Will Singh

If we get him on the cheap and he's a backup then I don't see why not, always liked him but this is at the end of he's career and the PL is maybe to physical for him?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Wouldn’t be a bad option to play the Sheringham elder statesman squad role for a couple of years.