Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I reckon this is because they expect Greenwood back at some point this season, I hear some rumours it's going to be pushed under the carpet being "role play".

So if he's coming back mid season, why not have a bigger cnut to take the spotlight off him for a couple of months
The only thing that could make things 10x worse than they are now is if we brought him back. I was just thinking about that this morning, how I bet the club are getting so desperate that they would do it. I think shit will hit the fan if they do.

Kostov

First time we replaced Ronaldo with Valencia, now we go with Arnautovic. :houllier:

Ambitious as always. On the other hand Zakaria Labyad is a free agent, can play ST, RM and CAM, and most importantly ETH and Mclaren have worked with him previously, let's bring him in also.

Redcy

Humans love forgiving and redemption. 90% of Hollywood movies are based on that theme.

United will run a PR campaign to soften his image and he will come on MUTV and beg for forgiveness and letting down the parents, the girl and most of all the United family incl the fans.

Then go on loan for a season or so -- and you will see him donate his time to the NGOs for abuse victims/spouses etc. That will be in his IG, newspapers etc.

Then in 18months time, he makes his 2nd debut for United.

He will be barely 22 then. And when he scores 20+ goals in his 2nd coming, all will be forgotten.
Not by a lot of us.

Superunknown

When you think about it, this is an amazing deal. You can get 10 Markos for the price of 1 Frenkie.

Have you seen that scene in Being John Malkovich where every character is Malkovich? This will be our team. We'll have Arnautović in defence, Arnautović in midfield, Arnautović in attack. Arnautović in the airing cupboard, Arnautović under the stairs. Even the fans will be Arnautović.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
First time we replaced Ronaldo with Valencia, now we go with Arnautovic. :houllier:

Ambitious as always. On the other hand Zakaria Labyad is a free agent, can play ST, RM and CAM, and most importantly ETH and Mclaren have worked with him previously, let's bring him in also.
Belotti is a free agent as well, plus 5 years younger. Weird we weren’t interested if we’re looking for a cheap battering ram.

Redcy

The only thing that could make things 10x worse than they are now is if we brought him back. I was just thinking about that this morning, how I bet the club are getting so desperate that they would do it. I think shit will hit the fan if they do.
You know what , you are probably right, bring him back and if they think the out cry about this cnut is bad wait until they see the reaction to mason

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Now we're really going off rails, but fans still adore George Best, were all about Giggs until he went to prison and willfully ignored the complete Ronaldo/US disaster. Football support is a tribal thing
Don't forget Keano the week before the FA Cup final, Kung Fu Cantona, signing Rojo when he was under investigation for glassing his next-door neighbour.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Greenwood or Arnutovic anywhere near this club, but I can see it happening.

saivet

In an attempt to bring some positivity to the table, just checked his stats and he scored 14 goals (in 33 games) in Serie A last season. Bologna finished 13th in the league, so that's a pretty good return with only two of those goals being penalties.

Redcy

In an attempt to bring some positivity to the table, just checked his stats and he scored 14 goals (in 33 games) in Serie A last season. Bologna finished 13th in the league, so that's a pretty good return with only two of those goals being penalties.
Lukaku scored dozens in that league, wouldn’t take it to mean anything

DevilRed

For a backup/rotation option you can't ask for more.

Another stop gap solution but at this late stage if we can't get Sesko then he will have to do.

Hughie77

It's not. Luckhurst is reliable. Reported by The Athletic too, it's as solid as a report as you can get.
Ffs reading today as well, no please I'd rather promote a under 23 player. Or Rashford and play Elanga. If we're getting a striker he has to be a hungry young gun .

saivet

Lukaku scored dozens in that league, wouldn’t take it to mean anything
It's still a half decent return at a midtable side. I realise I'm clutching at straws but at least he wasn't stinking it out.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Don't think the club can continue pursuing this one based on the blow back from fans and the media, which in itself demonstrates what a shite show we've become.

Bringing in ETH is like getting the right picture to elevate a wall, stepping back and realising the the whole house is falling down.

AussieDevil

It’s actually not a bad signing if we manage to get the midfield sorted. There’s no stand out striker available to sign and we will still have Ronaldo this season so really only need a back up and Arnuatovic provides something different.

But the issue is sorting the midfield and it looks like that isn’t happening.

AussieDevil

Nobody dares to touch the subject matter since its a legal issue. It was mentioned in passing when someone asked the journo what he thought was going to happen to Mason. Its either one or two of a United podcast that I subscribe to.

Not a fan-based one for sure nor United's 'Debate' podcast
Howson mentioned the same theory on his show last week, but it wasn’t his belief, just what he thought the club might use to dress up the situation.

Litch

This signing is more about mentality than ability. I think he’s trying to change the culture of the Team…,

GoldanoGraham

On the plus side - I’d feel confident in putting him in my Bet365 BetBuilder for Player Shots in a game, wouldn’t go as far as Shots on Target though.

He would rival Bruno for greedy shooting - might actually get the ball in the net though.

Jacob

What's the point of making fun of our desperation when we all know it is a tragic fact. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Having said that, I hope we aren't signing him since he wouldn't solve much.