Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

Hughes35

The weirdest and most stupid transfer saga of all time?

Who had this idea? They genuinely need outing

Infra-red

I think we’ll sign that Stuttgart striker.
Sasa Kalajdzic? He'd be a decent option if reports are correct and EtH is after a big #9 as a tactical option. He's also Austrian, a ridiculous 2m tall, but decent with the ball at his feet, too.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Sasa Kalajdzic? He'd be a decent option if reports are correct and EtH is after a big #9 as a tactical option. He's also Austrian, a ridiculous 2m tall, but decent with the ball at his feet, too.
And we'd weaken Stuttgart late in the window. I like it

prateik

This better be a smoke screen for something else that has worked and we have pulled out.. if not, the people in charge are fecking idiots and I miss Woodward already.

Brophs

The One and Only
Yet again, United do what Arnautović’s dad failed to.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
"Onto other attacking targets now.". Not sure whether to be excited or nervous, surely our other targets are better?
Apparently there's a young striker named Grayson Memewood who may become available soon :nervous:

Giggsy13

Thank goodness for this. I hope some of the negative social media reaction contributed to this move falling apart since it appears our club structure failed to realize this was not a good move by any stretch.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This better be a smoke screen for something else that has worked and we have pulled out.. if not, the people in charge are fecking idiots and I miss Woodward already.
Smokescreen for someone equally shit but less racist. Obvious 4D chess move by the club.

Irrational.

Imagine the highlight of your summer transfer window being that you’re not signing an over-the-hill racist.

We really have hit a new low.

Infra-red

Apparently there's a young striker named Grayson Memewood who may become available soon :nervous:
The fact that The Athletic are reporting that fan backlash is one of the reasons United pulled out of this deal, is probably also a pretty good indication that a certain 20yo striker from Wibsey will never play for the club again.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
An inadvertent masterstroke in that I now see any other potential signings with a different perspective. As long as they're not actively awful, fine.

mu4c_20le

The fact that The Athletic are reporting that fan backlash is one of the seasons United pulled out of this deal, is probably also a pretty good indication that a certain 20yo striker from Wibsey will never play for the club again.
I don't think a 33yo coming back from the china leagues is comparable to one of the brightest talents of his generation

tbtt

WUM
Another blunder by ETH. After the disastrous performance, it seems his judgments are being questioned and overruled everyday.

mobmob

Well I'm chuffed to bits that we have finally seen sense and pulled out, one thing that now worries me is, this guy was top of the current list of attacking players, so whoever is next is further down, this could be terrible! I hope not

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Well I'm chuffed to bits that we have finally seen sense and pulled out, one thing that now worries me is, this guy was top of the current list of attacking players, so whoever is next is further down, this could be terrible! I hope not
What is Nile Ranger up to these days?

Infra-red

I don't think a 33yo coming back from the china leagues is comparable to one of the brightest talents of his generation
I don't think it will make any significant difference. Much of the opposition to Arnautovic was independent of his ability (or lack thereof) as a player. There are some things (indeed many things) that are simply more important than football. Anyway, I'm glad this prospective deal has collapsed.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
My 2am email to Richard Arnold seems to have worked.

crossy1686

career ending
A complete debacle. Questions need to be asked about our scouting.
It wasn't the scouting. Ten Hag and McLaren worked with him at Twente and like his physicality as they believe we're too soft up top. The board were looking into signing him for them until the racism stuff came to light.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
This shouldn't be forgotten and the club really shouldn't be let off the hook.

We can keep in mind going forward that all of the bullshit about the club upping their due diligence and doing their homework on players' background is just that, bullshit.