Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Marko Arnautović | United have pulled out

After this shite transfer season I wish my dad had pulled out ffs

::sonny::

It wasn't the scouting. Ten Hag and McLaren worked with him at Twente and like his physicality as they believe we're too soft up top. The board were looking into signing him for them until the racism stuff came to light.
Yeah, he is not a bad player, improved a lot, highly skilled at 360 but too old, expensive, injury prone and inconsistent

For the racist thing I dunno, he hates albanian?

littlepeasoup

The club should not be applauded for pulling out of this deal, they should be lambasted to feck for even trying to push it through in the first place. Cretins.

Malone_Post

Delighted we’ve pulled out of the deal.

Disgusted with the club & Erik for even bidding in the first place.

Either it’s amateur hour and they did absolutely no background checks before pursuing the deal, or they did and thought it wasn’t that big of a deal. Either way it’s a damming indictment of how badly this club is run.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Did Van Persie ever play under McLaren or ETH..?
Just wondering, maybe he could borrow a pair of boots.. :rolleyes:

jameyzane

The club needs to call Erik ten Hag to a separate room right now and lay the rules of what Manchester United means to him. He and McClaren may have condoned racist behaviors in the Netherlands but this is not a behavior this club glosses over because of "good" football. United have employed the manager and must stop acting like sissies to please the manager and refuse mistakes of the past. Erik must know who is in charge.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thank goodness. Hope that's a lesson learnt for the club/ETH. Do your homework!

Can put up with all the losses but not deliberately going after a player with such questionable character and multiple incidents to prove it.

Last edited:

joedirt87

The club should not be applauded for pulling out of this deal, they should be lambasted to feck for even trying to push it through in the first place. Cretins.
yeah do a little research and they would have known about his problems in the past. taking the person out of this and just focusing on what he would bring as a footballer, I do think United could use a player with a similar profile. someone that has size and physical strength that can play back to goal so he can bring others in. our midfield is just so dire at getting the front players the ball but I think a target man may help that some.

Ted Lasso

Really seems like every statement from the club has been think as tissue.

Young, hungry.

The right attitude and personality for the club.

Just strikers alone then we've gone and signed Ronaldo, as much as I think he's a legend, is so contrary to building for the future. And then to bid on a player like Arnautovic w the racism incidents and other behavior issues.

Baffling.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The fact the club and ETH even considered this move is ridiculous. Surely there’s some young player worth taking a chance on?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Good. We can hopefully now move out of the gutter because make no mistake this whole fiasco has dragged us down to that level.

Jeffchin

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Really depressing looking at our recruitment and transfer strategy, a train wreck in slow motion

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Excellent. Everyone on this forum should be bombarding that email account.
How on earth did they get a hold of his email address? :lol: Fans are far more resourcefull than the board.

I had to send my complaint using one of their generic contact us email and here are fans with the real deal.

Acole9

Outstanding
Hardly a surprise we've pulled out. I've never known the fanbase to be so United on not wanting a player to join until now.

Fingeredmouse

I am delighted. I can handle the pain of us being shit but hiring an acknowledged racist would have been utterly unacceptable.

matys

If they did pull out because of fans responses then it's no wonder we're in such a mess. How fecking delusional you must be to think supporters will be satisfied with transfer like that?

ChorltonReds

The Whitwell article says United were caught by surprise by the backlash - did they honestly think people would be happy with this. Glad they eventually did the right thing though.

I bet the Bologna chairman is kicking himself for not accepting the initial bid.

luke511

Chris Sutton was on the money, this has been a PR disaster :wenger: a 33 year old, past it, racist, sexist ex Stoke striker ffs, out of all the options..