Marouane Fellaini | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaz1185

A true muppet never stops!

Seriously though, 25 is not an acceptable fee if his buyout clause is 23,5. There no way to justify that, only for incompetence. Fellaini was pricy for Everton, but even if they had to make a profit, the clause was there to be activated. Paying 4mi more than we should, and refusing to buy one of the biggest young talents in Spain (who was really willing to join us, may I say) after so much flirting this late in the window because of 6mi is not understandable.

I really think Fellaini will improve us greatly, I wanted him to come and I'm happy, but our posture and dealings were preposterous.
We probably haven't even paid anything near his release clause fee, yet.

I can see this deal having a few add-ons in there, if we've paid over £20m upfront I'd be very surprised. People fail to release that if we paid the clause we would have had to pay the £23.5m upfront, this way we save money in the immediate future, but yes potentially will end up paying more in the long run.
That's why^

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I really thought these jokes would stop with the end of the transfer window but is there a risk to see them popping up during the entire season :nervous: ?
I am afraid they won't. He is the only player where I see myself going muppet in some form. I agree with you that in the 'Cristiano Ronaldo' thread we better discuss his performances and related things than potential transfer.

binary bot
Can someone find the Fellaini and Rooney's cousin thing? It was one of the best articles ever written.

Danillaco

We couldn't/wouldn't close a deal for a player who wanted to come to us and was willing to take a paycut. We only offered 30m for Fábregas. What makes you think we'd actually do what's required for Ronaldo?
We have the funds, we are just skint. But for this case, I think we would have Fergie full force on this.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Can someone find the Fellaini and Rooney's cousin thing? It was one of the best articles ever written.

Scourned Scouser Natalie Rooney has revealed love rat Marouane Fellaini's embarassing bedroom tactics.

The blonde babe, cousin of Manchester United star Wayne said she first met afro man Fellaini when they were introduced last month by Everton youth player Jose Baxter.

Fellaini was said to be instantly smitten when he saw a pic of Nat's goregous figure and 32G boobs on Baxter's phone and began texting her instantly.

And it wasn't long before the Everton star, who has been dating long term love Laura Binet, romanced Nat, 19..... by asking her to get her bum out.

The Everton star even dropped his own trousers on their first date. "He kept saying, 'Don't be shy - I will show you mine," complained Nat.

Natalie told the News of the World: "It was so exciting dating my favourite player, but he was only interested in one thing - sex.

"But the sneak didn't tell me he had a girlfriend back in Belgium.

"Had I known I wouldn't have gone near him. Then he had the cheek to dump ME!"

"He would text me in broken English, he wrote: "Com please me only my family no hier Please for me babe."

She agreed to go to his plush flat by Liverpool's Princess Dock.

Nat said: "I thought he looked like Screech the geek from Saved By The Bell, so was a bit 'whatever' about it.

But Fellaini's chat up lines didn't get any smoother and asked the buxom babe if he could see her rear.

"He was trying to say he had seen my bum in a photo and asked if he could see it in real life." said Nat.

"I told him 'no way'. Then he dropped his trousers and mooned right at me. He did have a lovely bum and I slapped it - but still refused to show him mine!"

"He asked to see my boobs, and I love getting them out so I showed him. He said, 'Big, very big!'"

And next week they'll be even BIGGER when Nat flies out to Mills & Mills clinic on the Costa del Sol for a second £3,500 bra-busting op taking her up to a 32JJ.

Forgot how hilarious it was. :lol:

Eugenius

If anything I'm glad we don't have the face the big old lump twice a season. The last couple of seasons he's cost us 2-3 points.

walsh

the guy seems excited and overwhelmed...me likes...apart from a funny interview.

His English is poor though.
Disagree with that, his English is fine. it's not easy for English players to give interviews and even they often stumble over their words. Also, a lot of foreign players will understand quite a lot more than they are able to speak comfortably.

Edit: I also don't think what Rooney said via facebook was "defending" Fellaini at all. I think what he meant was that he's a much better footballer technically than he is given credit for. Lots of people see him as just a target man or someone who will bully the opposition but he has decent feet and his passing is underrated.

gaz1185

Ok, then I would be happy if that's confirmed. And stand corrected then.
Some guy from RedIssue was retweeted by Terry Christian earlier suggesting that the deal was going to be spread over 4 years, now I'm not sure how reliable that information is but it does sound suspiciously like the offer we made to Bilbao to spread the Herrera cost over 4 years!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not to big a fan of this signing to be honest. We've overpaid for him massively, and that's before even considering the release clause.

For £27m, you want a midfielder who's great on the ball and has an excellent technique. Providing he plays in midfield for us, Fellaini isn't going to offer that in abundance and will be more of a physical player who does the dirty work. They're handy to have in the squad, but I wouldn't have paid what we did to get one.

Man-United

What is the point in leaving 7 and 9 free? I wouldn't mind having Fellaini as 7 and Welbeck 9.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Not to big a fan of this signing to be honest. We've overpaid for him massively, and that's before even considering the release clause.

For £27m, you want a midfielder who's great on the ball and has an excellent technique. Providing he plays in midfield for us, Fellaini isn't going to offer that in abundance and will be more of a physical player who does the dirty work. They're handy to have in the squad, but I wouldn't have paid what we did to get one.
Nah he's not that limited at all. He's no Fabregas in possession but he's a tidy player and is more than good enough to keep things ticking in midfield. The creativity needs to come from the wings and our number 10, but theres nothing wrong with that.

Probably did overpay slightly but that's the current market for you. I would prefer to have Fellaini than Fernandinho for over £30million, especially considering their ages. Whole market is a bit mad.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Nah he's not that limited at all. He's no Fabregas in possession but he's a tidy player and is more than good enough to keep things ticking in midfield. The creativity needs to come from the wings and our number 10, but theres nothing wrong with that.

Probably did overpay slightly but that's the current market for you. I would prefer to have Fellaini than Fernandinho for over £30million, especially considering their ages. Whole market is a bit mad.

He's okay on the ball, but nothing special really. When people wanted us to sign a top midfielder, they wanted a creative midfielder who was going to be able to control games in the middle. I understand we probably wanted another defensive option as well, but while he's hardly an Andy Carroll type big man who can't control a football, he's fairly limited compared to lots of other top midfielders out there.

City paid £30m to Fernandinho, but that means a lot less to their finances than £27m for Fellaini does for us. To us, that's one of our biggest signings we've made money wise. To City, it's practically pocket change. I'm not saying that the market is full of cheap player we've missed or anything, but part of me now is even thinking that I'd have happily saved £10-15m in going for someone like Wanyama who could have perhaps done a similar job in midfield to Fellaini for a much cheaper price.

Man-United

Sorry, that was a bit harsh, I just can't stand him.
No problem. I would have liked RvP as number 9, but fair play to him for thinking about the fans who has his number 20 shirt. It will be a bit weird seeing Fellaini in nr 31.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
He's okay on the ball, but nothing special really. When people wanted us to sign a top midfielder, they wanted a creative midfielder who was going to be able to control games in the middle. I understand we probably wanted another defensive option as well, but while he's hardly an Andy Carroll type big man who can't control a football, he's fairly limited compared to lots of other top midfielders out there.

City paid £30m to Fernandinho, but that means a lot less to their finances than £27m for Fellaini does for us. To us, that's one of our biggest signings we've made money wise. To City, it's practically pocket change. I'm not saying that the market is full of cheap player we've missed or anything, but part of me now is even thinking that I'd have happily saved £10-15m in going for someone like Wanyama who could have perhaps done a similar job in midfield to Fellaini for a much cheaper price.
I don't think that's what everyone wanted, a small creative player in the middle certainly isn't what I thought we needed. Of the semi-attainable players Vidal would have been perfect for me, someone to add some presence to a midfield that too often looks porous against much weaker teams.

He is fairly limited in possession if you compare him to the likes of Fabregas, but 1) They are different players and 2) That is represented in the fee. We paid £27million for Felliani but to get a bid accepted for Fabregas may have been close to double that.

Number one is the main point though, he isn't supposed to provide a creative spark in the middle and he doesn't pretend to offer that. He'll sit next to Carrick and provide a solid platform for the 4 creative attacking players ahead to express themselves. If we can get Rooney and the wingers back to their best we'll be absolutely fine creatively, and Fellaini's defensive ability in midfield will compliment that perfectly.

Shark

@NotShark

Indeed. Fellaini is a player who has had years of experience in the league, plus he's already worked with Moyes for a long time, which can only be a positive.

Obviously there's always an element of risk, but Fellaini is the much safer option when you look at what City spashed out on a 28 year old with absolutely no experience in the PL.

Stretch

Welcome Fellaini. He's not to be blamed for Utd's incompetence.

He will certainly add some versatility in CM and is certainly a better option than Giggs et al. Hopefully it will give Carrick a chance to dictate games better as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.