Marouane Fellaini | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Admit it, he was only bought so he would stop playing against you.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Moyes also must have had some doubts seeing as the signing was clearly a panic one at the last minute. Moyes was wary of paying £24 million for him weeks ago and in the end buckled as buying no one would have been worse.

Walcott would improve the team. Doesn't mean I particularly want him here.

Moyes clearly bid for him a few weeks ago too.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Finally a bit of steel in that midfield. I'm excited about this.

Danillaco

Fellaini will be great for us, even if we overpaid for him. Hopefully we'll get Herrera in january and erase this clusterfeck. Our image, and Woodward's mother, suffered the most, but it can be overturned with the right actions. Like doing the honorable thing and going for Herrera on the next window, who pushed for us,and we fecked it up.

Next summer, will be even longer with Ronaldo on his last contract year.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
No, as mentioned the club + Herrera would pay the fee together, not Herrera alone. This then makes the deal exempt from tax & VAT as you can can only tax a individual. Here's the FIFA ruling on the subject:
And here's what jojojo added in the Herrara thread, which potentially did contribute to holding up the deal:
Ah yeah, sound man :cool:

These buy-out clauses are feckin annoying eh?! They're pretty straight forward in British football though eh? Well, to most people anyway, apart from those Chicken feckers The Venkys, not knowing what Phil Jones buy-out clause actually meant. Amateur gobshites! :lol:

Siorac

Fellaini will be great for us, even if we overpaid for him. Hopefully we'll get Herrera in january and erase this clusterfeck. Our image, and Woodward's mother, suffered the most, but it can be overturned with the right actions. Like doing the honorable thing and going for Herrera on the next window, who pushed for us,and we fecked it up.

Ronaldo will come nowhere near us. Stop dreaming.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He clearly comes in for Cleverley, and will play most games.

starman

This a good signing for us. Not going to sugar coat it, but his goal threat from corners, free kicks and even occasionally Rio's hoof is going to be immense. Given all the crosses, or opportunities to cross rather, we had against Liverpool, he would have been very useful in the those last 20 minutes.

Lance Uppercut

I hope he starts against Palace. If recent events are anything to go by he'll probably get fecking crocked for Belgium.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."

Jesus man - we're only just tryin to get over this friggin transfer window - nevermind thinkin about next summer :eek:

Have to laugh at the thought of trying to buy Ronnie out of his contract, Herrera's was €36m & that was some feckin hassle, but nothing compared to Ronnies at £1 Billion for feck sake :wenger:

How much do you think we overpaid for Fellaini man?

Consider that Everton bought Fellaini for £18m (add-ons included) 5 years ago & he's a much better player now & one of the main men in the Belgium national side. A players value goes up (theoretically by the seller) after being recognised as an regular international with higher profile & selling point - cool by association type of shite!

Regardless of Everton overpaying, they have to make a profit on their sale & we'd be the same. £25m was widely regarded as an acceptable fee for him, givin his original value 5 years ago!

You never know - you could be sayin we got Fellaini for a bargain in a few years time. Look at what people said when we bought Carrick - that was around £18m+ (including add-on's) & for the service & titles Carrick helped us achieve - that was a friggin bargain. Same as what we paid for Rooney, what was it - £30m (including add-on's) - that was a steal aswell, although the cnut has feckin bled us since 2010, but yesterday - I couldn't give a feck what our players swindle out of the club or anyone else for that matter - feckem anyway!

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Wearing shirt number 31.
Confirmed? Good. Number 7 remains vacant for next summer muppetry. Hopefully Madrid won't spoil it during season by making him sign contract extension.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He'll be decent. He is what we need. He's just not the best version of what we need.

I also quite like the hair.

Siorac

Your knowledge of what will happen is as innacurate as mine. Stop bullshitting.
We couldn't/wouldn't close a deal for a player who wanted to come to us and was willing to take a paycut. We only offered 30m for Fábregas. What makes you think we'd actually do what's required for Ronaldo?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Wearing shirt number 31.

Has this been confirmed? So still leaving #7 and#9 open then .

Like some have said, he will bring a lot of steel to our midfield, which I feel is what we lack most. His short and long range passing is very good too, so if people think he is just a big, strong target man; no he isn't. I am looking forward to this, and I couldn't give two shits if we paid £4 million over the odds. We have finally bought a CM after crying out for one for years, and he will give that kick up the backside we have needed through the middle. We have been relying on our wings too much these past couple of seasons, and Fellaini can now provide an option to drive forward down the middle much like Anderson does. I hope he gets a run in against Crystal Palace in 2 weeks.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Confirmed? Good. Number 7 remains vacant for next summer muppetry. Hopefully Madrid won't spoil it during season by making him sign contract extension.
I really thought these jokes would stop with the end of the transfer window but is there a risk to see them popping up during the entire season :nervous: ?

Danillaco

Jesus man - we're only just tryin to get over this friggin transfer window - nevermind thinkin about next summer :eek:

Have to laugh at the thought of trying to buy Ronnie out of his contract, Herrera's was €36m & that was some feckin hassle, but nothing compared to Ronnies at £1 Billion for feck sake :wenger:

How much do you think we overpaid for Fellaini man?

Consider that Everton bought Fellaini for £18m (add-ons included) 5 years ago & he's a much better player now & one of the main men in the Belgium national side. A players value goes up (theoretically by the seller) after being recognised as an regular international with higher profile & selling point - cool by association type of shite!

Regardless of Everton overpaying, they have to make a profit on their sale & we'd be the same. £25m was widely regarded as an acceptable fee for him, givin his original value 5 years ago!

You never know - you could be sayin we got Fellaini for a bargain in a few years time. Look at what people said when we bought Carrick - that was around £18m+ (including add-on's) & for the service & titles Carrick helped us achieve - that was a friggin bargain. Same as what we paid for Rooney, what was it - £30m (including add-on's) - that was a steal aswell, although the cnut has feckin bled us since 2010, but yesterday - I couldn't give a feck what our players swindle out of the club or anyone else for that matter - feckem anyway!

A true muppet never stops!

Seriously though, 25 is not an acceptable fee if his buyout clause is 23,5. There no way to justify that, only for incompetence. Fellaini was pricy for Everton, but even if they had to make a profit, the clause was there to be activated. Paying 4mi more than we should, and refusing to buy one of the biggest young talents in Spain (who was really willing to join us, may I say) after so much flirting this late in the window because of 6mi is not understandable.

I really think Fellaini will improve us greatly, I wanted him to come and I'm happy, but our posture and dealings were preposterous.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
His performance against Norwich. Looks like he has been playing a deeper role in central midfield under Martinez. Maybe Silent Witness can confirm that for us.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
His performance against Norwich. Looks like he has been playing a deeper role in central midfield under Martinez. Maybe Silent Witness can confirm that for us.
Yeah he has

Status
Not open for further replies.