Marouane Fellaini | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Lets not judge him until he plays, have the feeling he'll do alright but United's way of dealing in the transfer market has been horrendous. Genuinely think Woody should be running on borrowed time, he can't afford to have a similar shit window... unbelievable that one of the world's biggest clubs wouldn't prepare properly and get someone whose extremely good at their job and knows the market inside out and how to get deals done. TBH I didn't think Gill was too great either but this guy was a total moron throughout.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Baffled as to why we didn't just trigger Fellaini's release clause and get him for £23 million. Wish him all the luck in the world. I'm not a believer but I hope, in all honesty, that he proves me wrong and makes me look a right idiot for it. Never wanna see any Man Utd player do anything other than the very best for themselves and our wonderful (if also, right now, quite embarrassing) club.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Very effective player who will undoubtedly have no trouble adjusting to a bigger club, definitely gives United something different

Lance Uppercut

I am very glad he is here.

The only reason I can suggest as to why we didn't activate the clause, is that perhaps Moyes had an agreement not to take advantage of it upon leaving Everton.

Kind of like when Rodgers agreed not to raid his former club for at least a year when he left Swansea, only Moyes didn't go back in it immediately.

It doesn't account for the low bids, though.

Ash_G

I am very glad he is here.

The only reason I can suggest as to why we didn't activate the clause, is that perhaps Moyes had an agreement not to take advantage of it upon leaving Everton.

Kind of like when Rodgers agreed not to raid his former club for at least a year when he left Swansea, only Moyes didn't go back in it immediately.

It doesn't account for the low bids, though.
Don't think so cause moyes's contract had expired so he didnt need to agree anything. By the sounds of it we've been tryin to be cheapskates all summer and its bit us hard.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Baffled as to why we didn't just trigger Fellaini's release clause and get him for £23 million. Wish him all the luck in the world. I'm not a believer but I hope, in all honesty, that he proves me wrong and makes me look a right idiot for it. Never wanna see any Man Utd player do anything other than the very best for themselves and our wonderful (if also, right now, quite embarrassing) club.
I suspect we wouldn't have gone in for him had we snared our other targets. Having said that, we tried to sign both him and Herrera by the looks of things so you never know.

soapythecat

Glad we finally got him. Better midfielder than both Anderson and Cleverley at their current levels, so he will be an improvement to our midfield. Still concerned over our strength in that position if Carrick were to pick up a big injury, but with MF here, it will ease that somewhat.
I don't think we will ever know the full truth about what has happened this transfer window but I said a while back I'd be happy with just MF arriving, and i'm sticking with that - just a little confused over the whole window goings on!

Smores

Do we even 100% know that the release clause existed? Perhaps we agreed Moyes wouldn't use his inside knowledge.

There's shit load of potential reasons, we bid low to force players to put on transfer requests, Everton said they wouldn't sell until they got their replacement. I don't think we can judge until we know the details

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Glad we finally got him. Better midfielder than both Anderson and Cleverley at their current levels, so he will be an improvement to our midfield. Still concerned over our strength in that position if Carrick were to pick up a big injury, but with MF here, it will ease that somewhat.
I don't think we will ever know the full truth about what has happened this transfer window but I said a while back I'd be happy with just MF arriving, and i'm sticking with that - just a little confused over the whole window goings on!
To be fair we finally have a man who can play Carrick's role, in even of the lad's absence.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He'll be better than Anderson and Cleverley will ever be. Anderson had more potential but that's not going to be fulfilled.

Paul Scholes

Ohhhhhh Marouane Fellaini, You are the love of my life Oh Marouane Fellaini I’d let you shag my wife Oh Marouane Fellaini I want afro hair too

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Give him a chance, he did really well at Everton, and always makes life hell for his opponents. Only thing is he needs to be a bit more consistent.

kps88

I can't wait for the game when we're trailing by a goal and keep lumping balls up to him in injury time.

lilcurt

That's what I'm hoping - I was worried after the Liverpool and Chelsea matches that Moyes is going to favour the more defensively sound attackers which would hinder our attack. If it allows us to field something like;

Rvp​
Kagawa Rooney Nani​
Fellaini Carrick​
then I'm all for it.​
That formation does look good if it happens. I just worry at the moment that Moyes doesn't really fancy players like Kagawa, Nani, hopefully I'm wrong.

Cina

The problem for him is that by our club being such undeniable retards over the whole transfer, it's now put a negative start to his Utd career before it even really begins.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I care about the fee as of now.

If his buyout clause was 27.5 and we met it fine. But it wasnt and a few weeks ago we could have settled in the player in pre season and paid 4 mill less.

I care about the image of the club and for me it is taking a severe dive in this window.

I hope many lessons will have been learned for this.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Happy with the signing (bullshit around the fee aside).

He's a very good player who'll give us numerous options. He can cover Carrick, partner him, give us some much missed aggression in the middle, provides a genuine goal threat and will be an asset defending set pieces.

Once the dust settles and everyone see's him playing in the shirt we'll realise we've got a cracking player. That's the defensive side of our midfield sorted for years to come.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Delighted about this signing, exactly what we needed. Some of the reactions in here are absolutely ludicrous. It doesn't affect us one bit how much he cost. He's a Manchester United player now, he will either perform or he won't.

Will walk straight into our team.

Siorac

Happy with the signing (bullshit around the fee aside).

He's a very good player who'll give us numerous options. He can cover Carrick, partner him, give us some much missed aggression in the middle, provides a genuine goal threat and will be an asset defending set pieces.

Once the dust settles and everyone see's him playing in the shirt we'll realise we've got a cracking player. That's the defensive side of our midfield sorted for years to come.
Carrick's 32, even if Fellaini, by some unforeseen wizardry, turns out to be actually good enough for Manchester United, we're still not 'sorted for years to come'.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I'm not sure how people can be unhappy with the signing. He's a good player and will add something to our team, could have used him on Sunday against Liverpool in that first half thats for sure. I think he'll prove a lot of people wrong, he can play football.

I just hope that the clubs ineptitude doesn't effect peoples judgement on Fellaini, its not his fault that Woodwood and Co are moronic.

Would have been ideal to have Herrera in too but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Carrick's 32, even if Fellaini, by some unforeseen wizardry, turns out to be actually good enough for Manchester United, we're still not 'sorted for years to come'.

Moan moan moan moan moan.

Cina

I'm not sure how people can be unhappy with the signing. He's a good player and will add something to our team, could have used him on Sunday against Liverpool in that first half thats for sure. I think he'll prove a lot of people wrong, he can play football.

I just hope that the clubs ineptitude doesn't effect peoples judgement on Fellaini, its not his fault that Woodwood and Co are moronic.

Would have been ideal to have Herrera in too but unfortunately it wasn't to be.
We paid 27.5m with minutes to go on the deadline for a player we could've had months earlier for 4m less?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I really hope he takes no #7

Cina

:lol:

All we need now is for Cina to come in and tell us the end is nigh.
Actually if you read my post in other threads you'll see that I think the transfer window (in terms of players) turned out pretty well for the club, it's the shambolic handling of it that's the problem. You're a young lad always trying to impress on here jake, it was always inevitable that you'd that the super positive never criticize our club approach to do that, I guess.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Actually if you read my post in other threads you'll see that I think the transfer window (in terms of players) turned out pretty well for the club, it's the shambolic handling of it that's the problem. You're a young lad always trying to impress on here jake, it was always inevitable that you'd that the super positive never criticize our club approach to do that, I guess.
:lol: He's still young and learning isn't he ?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad

Ah, he has been "working hard" to make this happen too, fair play to you lad...

Status
Not open for further replies.