Marouane Fellaini | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainu

I've long backed him to come good here but now I just don't care anymore. I'm fecking sick of him and his arm throwing. Even 7 or so years ago when he started playing for national team people were saying he had to cut that out, and he still hasn't learned. Just feck off Fellaini.

Chabon

Nobody would ever mistake Darren Fletcher for a Spaniard, but he's on another planet compared to Fellaini when it comes to retaining the ball.

NK86

How does he lose so many headers. Hardly seems to win any when the opponent is challenging. For such a big guy, he hardly gets off the ground.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
It's weird that pretty much a majority of the CAF knew that he isn't good enough for us, yet the United management didn't.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Everton basically got given £14m and McCarthy for him. Strange state of affairs.

Varun

Staff
I actually thought he'd do well for us if used properly. Not 27mil good but that wasnt his fault. I just dont understand how Moyes uses him. His role in the team, I dont get it. Him not being good enough doesnt help matters obviously.

Jev

An alright first half from him there in fairness, kept things ticking along nicely.
Keeping things ticking is distributing the ball quickly and effectively, not taking an age to control the ball before making the most obvious pass possible. Anyone can do that.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think he's played quite well, there was just that one moment where he gave the ball away in an exceptionally dangerous area, all because he didn't give the ball back to Kagawa when he wanted a one two, instead going backwards to Jones. Most of our side are guilty of ignoring Kagawa though.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's been decent to good so far, some people just have fixed reviews of his performances before he even walks on the pitch.

United22

There is no way to dress it up, he shouldn't even be a squad midfielder at this club and his elbowing antics don't help either. Its mainly his price tag which he has judged by and I know this isn't really his fault but he hasn't done himself any justice. He looks so slow and encumbered when he turns, runs and passes the ball. All we can hope is that Big Sam goes full retard and purchases him to play off Andy Carroll. Ironically he wouldn't even fit into Big Sam's system because he has been so bad aerially this year.

Varun

Staff
He's been decent to good so far, some people just have fixed reviews of his performances before he even walks on the pitch.
He's not been bad, decent again. But you'd expect more considering what we're up against.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
He's been alright, he makes 1 or 2 really stupid looking errors per game though which just stick in the mind. His style isn't exactly graceful but he has his moments.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
God, I'm not impressed with this lads career so far for us but some of you lot don't half talk out of your arseholes.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He's not been bad, decent again. But you'd expect more considering what we're up against.
Every single one of our players face the same team today and Fellaini 'stands up' so far, as little as that says about him.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Keeping things ticking is distributing the ball quickly and effectively, not taking an age to control the ball before making the most obvious pass possible. Anyone can do that.
Taking an age? Don't be exaggerating things. He's making himself available and playing safe enough passes. He's not setting the world on fire but helping us hold onto the ball or keep possession after and that's along with getting back and giving the lads a hand at the back, already broken down a few Newcastle attacks by simply being in the way or getting himself into a good position.

Vinay

Muppet in Training
Get off his back, guys... Fellaini is quietly starting to exert his influence in our midfield... Can certainly feel a good dose of confidence in his movement, in his challenges and his ability to impose himself against the opposition.

Robbie Boy

Been ok today. Think it would be harsh to criticise him today bar the stupid elbow incident.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Moyes taking him off instead of fletch or Kagawa means he might just be starting against Bayern. Moyes' fecking incompetence beggars belief. Fellaini was utter shit yet again, yet the biggest match of our season, he might just be starting in.

Sam

Even after that he's still going to start against Bayern :lol:

And people wonder why its hard to back Moyes? Jesus.

Jev

Taking an age? Don't be exaggerating things. He's making himself available and playing safe enough passes. He's not setting the world on fire but helping us hold onto the ball or keep possession after and that's along with getting back and giving the lads a hand at the back, already broken down a few Newcastle attacks by simply being in the way or getting himself into a good position.
Try to pay close attention and see how many times he has the chance to make a quick pass to a player in a good position, and how many times he instead chooses to take two or three touches before making a shorter pass. And see how many times the player he passes to is put under instant pressure. A completed pass is not necessarily a good pass.

RORY65

He was fine today, he could become a very useful member of our squad but he's just not good enough to be a starter for a team that is supposedly aiming to be fighting for the title again within the next couple of years. It also doesn't help that he's quite dislikeable, not just the elbowing shite but the fact he jogs around a lot of the time as if it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.