Marouane Fellaini | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Only saw the last the last 20 minutes so I didn't get to see how Fellaini played.

Honestly, how did he get on? From reading the comments it wasn't that good.

Can someone give me a brief summary please? Thanks

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Only saw the last the last 20 minutes so I didn't get to see how Fellaini played.

He did ok, but the usual hate squad will never admit that. You'll just have to watch a rerun of the match and make your own mind up.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
In the 67th minute Cisse took the ball of him at 30th meter from our goal. Cisse ran towards our goal and Fellaini was watching him half arsed.
Yeah, that was a new low. Really sloppy play but the reaction to it was genuinely pathetic. I think he had a decent game all in all and its been the same in most of his recent appearances but he is a seriously flawed player and I'm not sure I see him getting rid of those flaws.

mancan92

Truly he is just not a good enough player simple really. He did some ok things and did some awful things but lets be honest he has no role in our first the eleven. What he can do is play a role like Javi Garcia at City and just come on late in a game and try to solidify a result other than that he doesnt have any business being here.

kundalini

Standard Fellaini. A few nice pieces of play. Lost possession not far from our box. A couple of elbows/arms that could easily have earned him a booking. Most of his passing was decent.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
About the best you can expect from him.

Not being a complete waste of time constitutes a good showing from him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Give Ando another chance after his loan instead of giving this lump more first team time next season. I'd honestly prefer that, that's how bad he is. And I gave up on Ando almost three seasons ago.
Nah, at least Fellaini has some uses, even if they're completely unsuited to our team. Anderson's shown himself to just be completely hopeless. Although it'd probably be better to have neither of them.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's gonna sent off for elbowing a player one of these days.
He has the Gattuso efect on him. Referees somehow don't book/send off him regardless what he does. It was the same on Everton, I don't remember him getting ever send off and I don't think that he was booked that often, despite being the player who made most fouls on the league and despite giving daily elbows for free.

Eugenius

About the best you can expect from him.

Not being a complete waste of time constitutes a good showing from him.
People seem to have exceptionally low standards when it comes to him. He gets praised for making 5 yard passes and for making simple forward passes.

dev1l

He did ok, but the usual hate squad will never admit that. You'll just have to watch a rerun of the match and make your own mind up.
good advice. Btw imo his performance was average,certainly not as bad as some ppl are putting it on here. Anyway that s the beauty of football, different people with different opinions....as long as we tolerate each other

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
I want to go on a Dennis Green style rant.

He is what we thought he was..Fellaini is what we thought he was...:mad:

Couple of decent games against mediocre opposition, followed by a terrible performance, another elbow in the face, looks amazed and makes stupid faces after each foul he commits, time and again defers the ball to the defense for them to hoof it instead of looking to make a forward pass, gives the ball away in dangerous due to his lackadaisical style, no positioning sense in the midfield....sigh..

Expensive squad player that really doesn't fit a role in the team, who might still be useful against mediocre opposition.

He is what we thought he was..:(

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
People seem to have exceptionally low standards when it comes to him. He gets praised for making 5 yard passes and for making simple forward passes.
Exactly. For £27.5 million it's poor.

Can you imagine if we had got someone even one or two levels up from Fellaini for that? Never mind a top class player like Thiago...

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
In the 67th minute Cisse took the ball of him at 30th meter from our goal. Cisse ran towards our goal and Fellaini was watching him half arsed.
He was practicing for next Wednesday. Clearly the way he let them equalise on Tuesday wasn't easy enough...

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
After a couple of good games, he's gone to his poor form. He's just too limited, can't believe we paid 27m

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

:lol:

I don't really care about the elbows, to be honest. Having a prick who can get away with some nasty stuff in midfield is a good thing. Gerrard does it for Liverpool. Ramires for Chelsea.

Trouble is, those players actually have talent unlike our Fella.

Eugenius

After a couple of good games, he's gone to his poor form. He's just too limited, can't believe we paid 27m
If you look at his supporters in this thread and see what positives they find in his best games for us, it's always stuff like "added steel", "always looked for the forward pass", "broke up play" or "kept it tidy" and these are games against shit opposition where the team has largely been on top. I don't ever see what he's going to bring that we actually needed, it's not like we were losing 6 points to West Ham every season. I guess we needed a deputy for Carrick but Fletcher's done a better job than him.

He's obviously got room for improvement, but for now he needs at least put an effort in defensively and track back.

Kag

Reading people bleating on about the elbows is a little boring. If Fellaini can smash somebody - preferably somebody good - and he gets away with it to our benefit then I don't really care. Pardon the cliche, but our midfield has missed that sort of thing for a good while.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Reading people bleating on about the elbows is a little boring. If Fellaini can smash somebody - preferably somebody good - and he gets away with it to our benefit then I don't really care. Pardon the cliche, but our midfield has missed that sort of thing for a good while.
Our midfield has missed somebody elbowing people? No. We've missed somebody who is a good tackler, a hard worker and somebody who won't take no shit. Fellaini is a bit lazy, sure he tries but he's not very intelligent with his work rate, in that he doesn't do it in good positions, rather him always being a few steps behind the game and running to get back into position. A few times recently he's just watched his man run unopposed too. He's not a good tackler though. He's clumsy and always fouls the opposition rather then actually get the ball from them. Fletcher is good and smart defensively. Fellaini, is not.

Kag

Our midfield has missed somebody elbowing people? No. We've missed somebody who is a good tackler, a hard worker and somebody who won't take no shit. Fellaini is a bit lazy, sure he tries but he's not very intelligent with his work rate, in that he doesn't do it in good positions, rather him always being a few steps behind the game and running to get back into position. A few times recently he's just watched his man run unopposed too. He's not a good tackler though. He's clumsy and always fouls the opposition rather then actually get the ball from them. Fletcher is good and smart defensively. Fellaini, is not.
No, not explicitly smashing people with his elbows. But I don't think that sort of thing is hugely negative while he gets away with it. I agree about his tracking off-the-ball runners though, it cost us against Bayern and it must improve. Hopefully it improves the more he plays in the middle of the park. It's easy to forget that he's only played around 15 games there in what is now two full seasons. It should improve.

Lance Uppercut

I thought he was decent today. I would really like to see him bag his first goal for us in order to boost his confidence.

Skywarden

No it hasn't and it's a terribly inaccurate cliché. If anything, we've been better when we rely on positional sense and quick passing centre-field. What exactly are we suppose to gain, that we've been missing, by making nonsensical sculptures of the opponents' faces?

Kag

No it hasn't and it's a terribly inaccurate cliché. If anything, we've been better when we rely on positional sense and quick passing centre-field. What exactly are we suppose to gain, that we've been missing, by making nonsensical sculptures of the opponents' faces?
I'd argue we've missed aggression in there, too. The elbows aren't necessarily controlled aggression, but it's all part of his game like it was with many other players. I just can't really understand why people get all upset over it. If he puts one on Ribery next week and it bothers his game then I'm all for it, as long as he gets away with it. All part of the risk.

dev1l

I'd argue we've missed aggression in there, too. The elbows aren't necessarily controlled aggression, but it's all part of his game like it was with many other players. I just can't really understand why people get all upset over it. If he puts one on Ribery next week and it bothers his game then I'm all for it, as long as he gets away with it. All part of the risk.
if he puts one on ribery (and manages to get away with it) it ll be nice.

Lance Uppercut

I don't believe he's intentionally elbowing players in the face. He's just a flaying, lanky bastard.

Revan

Assumptionman
I thought he was decent today. I would really like to see him bag his first goal for us in order to boost his confidence.
His defensive side of the game has certainly improved (although he still somehow manages to lose headers against people half his size) but he still is bad and not very careful on the ball. He made today two mistakes which could have cost us against a better opponent, and actually I was a bit irritated how he didn't run when Cisse get the ball out of him and then made a shot on the goal.

Headers thing is really strange. He somehow isn't even jumping which makes possible for players like Lahm and Alaba win headers against him. I remember him on Everton when he won almost every header he went for and 2 times destroyed us by doing exactly that. I don't have high hopes for him, but that aspect of his game should easily improve on the next few matches.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't believe he's intentionally elbowing players in the face. He's just a flaying, lanky bastard.
I don't think they are intentional too (or at-least most of them). It is similar to Van Persie but Fellaini is bigger than him which makes his elbow hit other players in their head instead of their chest.

Skywarden

Some aggression, sure. But flaying elbows (intentionally or not) will inevitably cause the team issues in the form of playing with one man less. With that in mind, it's easy to understand why people are getting upset about it. It's not hard to eradicate, much like diving, and we are better off without it.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's very reckless but we needed some dirty players. We're too nice in midfield. I think he's a good link player but it'll be interesting to know what Moyes has planned. He sometimes will get stick and rightly so but today he was part (not the reason) of a decent performance. We played some nice stuff. I'd fancy him up top if he wasn't so reckless against Munich. I think we'll look to counter as quickly as we can. So plenty of long balls in Munich :)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He has the Gattuso efect on him. Referees somehow don't book/send off him regardless what he does. It was the same on Everton, I don't remember him getting ever send off and I don't think that he was booked that often, despite being the player who made most fouls on the league and despite giving daily elbows for free.
Erm Gattuso effect? Gattuso got sent off 4 times in his career which are nothing compared to other players in his role ( De Rossi (7), Viera (9) and Keane (11)).

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm just watching the game again on Sky Sports, and he was again very fortunate not to get booked twice.

It's understandable why Fellaini was out for so long with a hand injury earlier in the season. He's half the player without his flailing hands and deliberate elbows.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Erm Gattuso effect? Gattuso got sent off 4 times in his career which are nothing compared to other players in his role ( De Rossi (7), Viera (9) and Keane (11)).
I actually had to search this up to believe it, would never have predicted that! Although when you look at the number of yellow cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.