5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

justboy68

Played well today but I found the commentators talking up his 'giant contribution' with the block absolutely hilarious. If he hadn't made a completely moronic mistake in the first place none of it would have been necessary. Overall he had a very good game though so fair play.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Played well today but I found the commentators talking up his 'giant contribution' with the block absolutely hilarious. If he hadn't made a completely moronic mistake in the first place none of it would have been necessary. Overall he had a very good game though so fair play.
I think that was kind of the point.

He mad a mistake, like all players do but he ran back all the way to fix that.

LARulz

Played very well today overall. A few mistakes but made some equally positive contributions. Our third best player I felt, behind De Gea and Martial

Hed Zitin

Played well. Liked his runs with the ball when he nicked the ball off someone. He won loads of balls in the air. A shame we are complete tosh at corners.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Hopefully LVG will see he brings much more to the table than as a poor man's Andy Carroll. His strength in carrying the ball forwards is what we need more from midfield.

justboy68

Aye, it's a really simple point.

Overall, great game by Fellaini.
It wasn't the point made by the commentators though, they didn't acknowledge once that it was a recovery from his own mistake. That's what made it funny, Murphy being completely oblivious as usual. Not having a dig at Fellaini, more the commentary. He was arguably motm today.

Devil may care

Got a goal and made a big block, overall a solid performance with some of his standard statue moments when we break.

dichinero

Still don't want him here next season BUT he had a decent first and a lesser second. Credit where it's due.

MoskvaRed

He's definitely upped his game the last few weeks. I reckon he'll be here next year, whether it's Mourinho or Van Gaal.

stevoc

Scored, made the block played well all round fair play to him.

Hes so much better operating further forward than he is in a midfield 2.

Still think we should have better but if he is on it should be where he was playing today.

izec

I am not a big fan of Fellaini, especially the type of player he is, but he played well today. Was absolutely pumped up, decisive and gave a feck, not like his midfield partner.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He gave it all today. Very happy with his performance.

Sir A1ex

I won't deny that he did a lot of good things today, was a good performance. In fact it would have been an excellent performance, were it not for the fact that even today he still managed to make more annoying, stupid, clumsy mistakes than just about any other player. I recall yelling at the TV as he either stopped one of our attacks by passing it backwards 40 yards, or gave the ball away with a crap touch about 6 or 8 times. To be fair, on about the worst of these occasions (that late one), he did leg it all the way back and put in an amazing saving tackle to makes amends for his mistake.

Raw

He keeps flipping my stance on whether to get rid or not. Right now I think he'll be a good bench option to have, but a few weeks back I'd have wanted him out of the club as soon as possible.

Very good game from him today, especially against his former team. I don't think he's had any particularly good games against Everton.

R'hllor

Wonder how those 80% will defend decision if he stays and becomes JM`s cnut player.

WhoDaGOAT

He was very good in the first half. He faded badly in the second half, along with Rooney, which gave Everton a big incentive to take the game to us.

But even when he was less effective, he remained influential on the game. He should have had a goal or at least been awarded a penalty, and he made a crucial recovery block to make amends for his won carelessness on the ball high up the pitch.

Rashford could have scored what would have been a fine goal from his beautifully cushioned knock down header.

I'd give him a 7.5/10 overall. He's far from perfect but is a threat, and that showed again. He's played a pivotal role in this cup run.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surprised how Man Utd's twitter account didn't even nominate him for MOTM, because he was the MOTM IMO

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's always a great option. You used to hear, that he slows down our play it's a team game. Some people will never give him any credit. Maybe that isn't such a bad thing. Maybe that negativity, made him track back when he made that 'error' - because a lot of players wouldn't have sensed the growing danger. He can play and be a part of very good United performances. He's unconventional but that don't have to be a minus. He has goals him in and he's strong in both boxes. He went through a rotten spell earlier in the season - when United struggled in December. When chances fell his way and they just wouldn't go in. He's kept at it and did well today. Some will be happy but some will be bitter. He seems a popular member of the squad. Martial rates him as a friend in the dressing room. If we think back, Ruud wasn't happen when we sold Becks. I think we've a great dynamic here so I wouldn't sell him. It's a myth we can't see great football with him in the side.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Not surprising that when we reverted back to the 4-3-3 of old (and despite the pundits etc claiming otherwise, for me that is definitely how we were set up today) Fellaini looked so much better (amongst others). Its not a case of simply playing him higher up the pitch, it is about giving him the freedom to operate in a box to box capacity. Fellaini (and Rooney FWIW) are at their best when they are given a bit of license to roam, to get stuck in at both ends of the pitch and play their natural games without worrying too much about positional discipline etc - as they had Carrick behind in a holding capacity.

I had De Gea as MOTM though.

montpelier

Gave the ball away & lucky to get back to block well, cos Lukaku was slow to get his shot off. Decent goal, decent performance level today.

This is how he or someone else should be playing in that position. Saying 'great' & 'best performance/ tells you all you need to know.

Still naysaying I'm afraid. He ain't never gonna be genuinely good enough on a consistent basis.

Mike09

Gave the ball away & lucky to get back to block well, cos Lukaku was slow to get his shot off. Decent goal, decent performance level today.

This is how he or someone else should be playing in that position. Saying 'great' & 'best performance/ tells you all you need to know.

Still naysaying I'm afraid. He ain't never gonna be genuinely good enough on a consistent basis.
You have to give credit to the player for willing to drop all the way back from half pitch to our penalty box area. To me it wasn't lucky. He sensed the danger and he dropped back and block the shot at the right timing.

Overall it was a very good game from him. Won the ball so many time from opposition. Showed a few nice a bit of skills as well during the game and deserve that 2nd goal.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

Your argument gives you a bias to look at things negatively. So in your mind, Lukaku was slow...but Fellaini still has to run back and make the block. You know? Defenders should be in that position, but they were no where. - they would have been closer to making a challenge so ultimately it was a good decision. But people have a bias.

We have to think about the group dymanic too. Would you sell one of Martials best mates? :( In turn, that might disappoint the dressing room. We've a good team spirit at the moment - despite everything. You can't have a team full of Martials. Fellaini isn't the reason we've flopped this season or any of the seasons. If we win the FA Cup it will bring tremendous confidence to the team.

montpelier

Yes, that is one of those double edged events. Good desire to want to get back & help the team, could have stood there sulking.

justboy68

Your argument gives you a bias to look at things negatively. So in your mind, Lukaku was slow...but Fellaini still has to run back and make the block. You know? Defenders should be in that position, but they were no where. - they would have been closer to making a challenge so ultimately it was a good decision. But people have a bias.

We have to think about the group dymanic too. Would you sell one of Martials best mates? :( In turn, that might disappoint the dressing room. We've a good team spirit at the moment - despite everything. You can't have a team full of Martials. Fellaini isn't the reason we've flopped this season or any of the seasons. If we win the FA Cup it will bring tremendous confidence to the team.
Well he's certainly part of it in the sense that we could have undoubtedly spent the money much better elsewhere. One of the reasons we've been failing is poor recruitment and surely no one can make a reasonable case that Fellaini at £27 million isn't included in that. But he's far from alone in that regard of course.

Mike09

Yes, that is one of those double edged events. Good desire to want to get back & help the team, could have stood there sulking.
There are many of our players this season have been lazy to drop back. You look at Schneiderlin and Memphis vs Chelsea is one from many example of what happen when players don't drop back quickly, Through ball from Fabregas and Costa scored.

prath92

He gets abused for no reason tbf. He clearly that gives it his all every game he plays which is more than some of the other players that we have. Sure he isn't a silva or mata level in terms of talent but that doesn't make him useless. I'd rather have him in the squad than someone who could care less about the club like di Maria.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He gets abused for no reason tbf. He clearly that gives it his all every game he plays which is more than some of the other players that we have. Sure he isn't a silva or mata level in terms of talent but that doesn't make him useless. I'd rather have him in the squad than someone who could care less about the club like di Maria.
You're right, I mean it's not as if his assists were instrumental for 4th place last season and our creative spark nosedived this season. Give me elbowing and chest control over anything that can be done with feet. That's what football is all about

Perrick Dubois

While I've not really formed a great love for him, I have watched him for a long time. Even at Liege he was more than just a one-dimensional player. One thing that has stood out under LVG is that he is up for it in every game. It doesn't matter which game he is always up for it. His own fans don't like him and think he's a clown yet the timecard gets punched and he rolls his sleeves up and gets into his shift.

I think that is a very MUFC aspect to his game that will prove useful in the next few years. If he's sold off then we'll thank him for his services but I think he has shown a lot of character in the last two seasons coming back from being viciously abused by fans who had their fingers burnt by Moyes.

Proud of him today, he did MUFC proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.