5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

TBH, maybe one of his best (if not the best) games in a United shirt. And TBH, hes more suited to a 3 man midfield. Hes not a 2 man midfielder type of guy. Hes better when hes utilised in the opponents box (and it was the case last season when we had that purple patch).

I was quite surprised when he was subbed though, unless he was spent or injured.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Showed great heart today. Made some mistakes but every player makes mistakes, he really was up for it. Was surprised he wad taken off.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Another good performance and obviously looks more comfortable as an attacking option than deep midfielder.

izzydiggler

Can't stand him and think he demonstrates brain-dead stupidity pretty much every game but credit where it's due - think he was good today, albeit mostly in a half against a team pretty easy to play against. I want him gone but can do a job in the 'easier' games if surrounded by players of better quality.

The United

He is a very good option to have. We need his strength a bit against certain teams. Whether we like it or not, plan B with him is required. Also, he is one to perform and raise his level when needed generally. He has the right mentality too.

What I find it funny with people though is that they complain all the time that we don't have 'hard men or dirty men' on the pitch anymore. Or how we can't handle strengths or how there is no aerial threat from us. Then, this guy comes and performs decently most of the time yet they all want him gone.

Not saying he is a top player but he is useful.

Last edited:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Only managed to catch the first half but he looked very good, and of course got his goal.

Perrick Dubois

VG's comments on Fellaini were very pertinent. "He is a player who wants to perform, what we have agreed. And that I like in him, but he is also good with his head for the set plays. Not only ours but also against us." Says a lot about his attitude and character with his former comments.

RRCE

VG's comments on Fellaini were very pertinent. "He is a player who wants to perform, what we have agreed. And that I like in him, but he is also good with his head for the set plays. Not only ours but also against us." Says a lot about his attitude and character with his former comments.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Van Gaal likes Fellaini, and starts him, not because he's a world class talent, but because he complies with Van Gaal's "philosophy". He's does what he's told, more or less.

I'm not the biggest Fellaini fan. I generally view him as a rather limited player, and would like to see us upgrade. That said, there's no denying he has certain attributes and can be useful. He's been good lately, and deserves more praise than he gets. That said, I don't think there's really any more we're going to see from him. He's as good as he's ever going to be. I can't picture ever winning a Champions League final with a player like Fellaini in our starting 11. We should aspire to a higher level than Fellaini can offer.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Seeing him in the lineup never fills me with confidence...but I have an unbelieveable amount of respect for this guy.
He is most likely to move on but think he'll be remembered fondly. The fact no fan rates him and yet he keeps giving it a right go for the team.
Btw he is seemed to be running into some sort of form like the rest of the team.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
The box-to-box role is his best position. Should only play in a 4-3-3 or not at all.

The fact that he's started as #10 at Manchester United, when other clubs have De Bruyne, Ozil, Eriksen, Isco is a damning indictment of this club, the managers we have hired and the players we have bought.

Norris

I can't picture ever winning a Champions League final with a player like Fellaini in our starting 11.
Really ? I thought he would be exactly the sort of player that could win you a CL Final. I mean imagine him being up against Pique, Mascherano and Busquets. I think he would do really well.

He had an excellent game yesterday. I mean he dribbled with the ball, brought others into play, was defensively excellent. Like others, I was surprised he was subbed for Herrera, but van Gaal I guess wanted Herrera to find those pockets of space in those last minutes or in ET to feed our forward players. Very impressed with him.

Djemba-Djemba

Has to be his best game for Utd.

I've given him a lot of stick but have to be fair, he was very good yesterday. Even his big mistake he made up for with a brilliant last second block.

Mike09

Has to be his best game for Utd.

I've given him a lot of stick but have to be fair, he was very good yesterday. Even his big mistake he made up for with a brilliant last second block.
lol, whenever Fellaini has a great game they call them best game for United. To be honest myself some of his games last season were better performance than today.

bucky

I'm happy for him and his contribution yesterday. I really want him to do well, as he seems to be a professional in the true sense of the word and is well liked in every team he plays. With that being said he's such a painfully limited player. There's absolutely no range to his passing, which was extremely evident with Carrick just not being able to do it as he used to. Numerous times Fellaini could have opened up our play to a different side. We used him well yesterday and he has a habit of being in the right place at the right time offensively, but IMO he makes it difficult for us defensively whenever he plays. Rooney had to help out a lot because of that.

Bwuk

His best game for us probably. A hustle and bustle box to box role suits him better, his skill set isn't right for a more creative role.

Boycott

Fair fecks to Marouane. Great game. My MOTM.

He has a unique skillset which he didn't put to use enough this season. I'd still sell him as he's had three years and still not really justified his place but if he played like that more regularly you see the player we hoped we bought. Most of our best performances under LvG have featured him in the line up. He's got balls. Hope he has a good Euros and find a good club where he can fire from the off next season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Just watched his goal again. His movement leading up to it was excellent. Pulled defender away then darted forward. Super play and good finish.

RRCE

Really ? I thought he would be exactly the sort of player that could win you a CL Final. I mean imagine him being up against Pique, Mascherano and Busquets. I think he would do really well.

He had an excellent game yesterday. I mean he dribbled with the ball, brought others into play, was defensively excellent. Like others, I was surprised he was subbed for Herrera, but van Gaal I guess wanted Herrera to find those pockets of space in those last minutes or in ET to feed our forward players. Very impressed with him.
Against teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, I think the game would pass him by. I completely agree that he played well against Everton, but their midfield doesn't come within a country mile of Champions League winning caliber. Against smart, quick and technically proficient midfielders he's been much less successful. He's always going to be a nuisance in the opposing team's box, but he's just too limited a player for my liking.

Kag

I suspect that Mourinho won't be in as much of a rush to sell him as perhaps some on here would like.

Norris

He's always going to be a nuisance in the opposing team's box
Well, that's the point I was alluding to. I agree with you that games of that level are very likely to pass him by. But if you throw him in with 20 odd minutes remaining and us reverting to a very direct style of football, his nuisance will be very handy in searching for an equalizer or a winner. That is ofcourse if these European referees choose to be a bit more sensible with their decision making. :rolleyes:

RRCE

Well, that's the point I was alluding to. I agree with you that games of that level are very likely to pass him by. But if you throw him in with 20 odd minutes remaining and us reverting to a very direct style of football, his nuisance will be very handy in searching for an equalizer or a winner. That is ofcourse if these European referees choose to be a bit more sensible with their decision making. :rolleyes:
I don't think we disagree then. I have no problem with Fellaini as a squad player / option off the bench. If we're aspiring to compete with the best clubs in the world, though, he's simply not good enough to be a consistent starter in my opinion.

legball

He was good but I don't like how we constantly go to him when he plays.
What's wrong with going to him? You think we're Barcelona? Some of you are funny. He's in the XI, if going to win will get required result, then why not?

Silverman

Very poor on the ball but to his credit, he is scoring some very important goals.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
What's wrong with going to him? You think we're Barcelona? Some of you are funny. He's in the XI, if going to win will get required result, then why not?
:lol: It doesn't even make sense does it? They're passing to a player too much? He doesn't even get it played to him more than others anyway and how the hell can you utilize a player too much? Madness.

Boycott

Very poor on the ball but to his credit, he is scoring some very important goals.
Are you talking in general or on the basis of yesterday's performance? Because if it is the latter I strongly disagree. He was rampaging and setting the tempo unusually. Wish he played like this more often and my view is his time is coming to an end but he showed his quality yesterday and against West Ham.

ManUtd1999

Question: why can't we just say "he had a good/great game yesterday" without "but he is this he is that, don't want him next season" and all of that talk? How about giving him a slack for one week? I mean, we're 4 weeks before the end of the season with two targets left for us, and if he contributes as he did yesterday that will be great. Over the summer, we will have plenty of time to discuss whether or not he will/should stay next season.

Same for other players who divide opinions.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I spotted Fellaini on a flight from Manchester to Rome today. He had a funny hat on but it was him alright.

Any rumours of him to Italy? Or just a short break?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
First Sahko, now Fellaini. Those "fat burners" must really work!

ZDwyr

He's clearly better in the 4-3-3 (as most of our players are). Yet again he stands up for us in a big game too. A lot of his good performances/moments have come in high pressure situations. Gets way too much criticism on here, comments like 'he's the worst United player I have ever seen' are just so far from the mark. He's never going to be Zidane or Scholes but he battles. Considering all the shit he cops his mentality to continue to stand up when we need him is admirable.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
another big goal.

scored against Palace to seal 4th last season.

scored against Brugge to get us a 2 goal cushion that basically killed the tie.

a goal in the quarters and now the semis of the cup. Wouldn't get against him getting the winner at Wembley.

I love how he brushes of the critism and doesn't let it affect him. Many a player would have struggled to bounce back from that horrendous first season,but he is mentally very strong. He's a fighter, I love players like that.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Can't stand him and think he demonstrates brain-dead stupidity pretty much every game but credit where it's due - think he was good today, albeit mostly in a half against a team pretty easy to play against. I want him gone but can do a job in the 'easier' games if surrounded by players of better quality.
Funny you should say that as last season most of his best perfomances came against the top sides like City and Chelsea...

Status
Not open for further replies.