5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Kaya

Thanks @harms. Can't stop laughing of Huth's faceexpressions after Fellaini landed that elbow on him really. I dunno what's worse really, Fellainis elbow or Huths hair pulling. What kind of men does hair pulling though?...But I think most of us know how it feels to get our hair pulled, and that's not a nice feeling so I understand why Fellaini reacted that way. But unfortunatly Fellaini are using those elbows just a bit too much.

Ixion

Huth may have provoked him but how many times has Fellaini thrown an elbow? It's not just today. He's an idiot.

iKeano

Under LVG who's been better than Fellaini for us?
:eek:

De Gea
Fosu-Mensah
Shaw
Varela
Smalling
Blind
Borthwick-Jackson
Schweinsteiger
Herrera
Young
Mata
Schneiderlin
Lingard
Carrick
Valencia
Martial
Rashford

saivet

:eek:

De Gea
Fosu-Mensah
Shaw
Varela
Smalling
Blind
Borthwick-Jackson
Schweinsteiger
Herrera
Young
Mata
Schneiderlin
Lingard
Carrick
Valencia
Martial
Rashford
De Gea and Smalling aside. I largely disagree. People don't like his playing style which is fair enough but he's played a lot more than some of those players and been more effective than a fair few too.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
De Gea and Smalling aside. I largely disagree. People don't like his playing style which is fair enough but he's played a lot more than some of those players and been more effective than a fair few too.
He's only really been effective in short bursts. He had a good 2014/15 season overall, but he's done very little this season as his stats suggest. He doesn't score or assist anywhere near as often as a midfielder with his height/stature should, especially when he's often been lauded for it. And anyway, his positives are often outweighed by the way in which he hinders the team.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would love to see how the FA ban Fellaini without giving Huth similar treatment

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pretty easily I'd have thought given elbowing someone in the face/throat is obviously more violent.
Violent conduct is violent conduct, it'll be a dangerous precedent to set to give one a harsher ban than the other

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
It was a clear provocation from Huth and Fellaini did just what he was hoping for, but the ref didn't see it.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Are you really saying that Fellaini has been our second best outfield player this season? :houllier: Even for this thread, which is full of extreme opinions, this has to be one of the craziest ones.

You even left Martial out :eek:

dichinero

Sorry but he has been here for 3 years, has almost 10 years experience as EPL player, 3rd most experienced EPL in our squad and yet all we have is less than a handful of quality games. For all the stick that Mata gets, he has had a lot of good games and despite being shifted about he still is among the goals and assists every season. Fellaini is not a good player just an average player that has the odd 2 game purple patch sporadically.

stevoc

Under LVG who's been better than Fellaini for us?
Is this a serious question?

Jesus he's been better in recent weeks and scored some important goals when playing further forward and fair play to him for it.

But for the majority of the season he was dogshit further back in central midfield.

m1tch

The cheers when he gets subbed are embarrassing. No one would do that if it was Rooney and he offers less than Fellaini.

3KDré

Sorry but he has been here for 3 years, has almost 10 years experience as EPL player, 3rd most experienced EPL in our squad and yet all we have is less than a handful of quality games. For all the stick that Mata gets, he has had a lot of good games and despite being shifted about he still is among the goals and assists every season. Fellaini is not a good player just an average player that has the odd 2 game purple patch sporadically.
I am sorry, but Mata does not have a lot of good games. He is a tidy player no doubt but most of the time he does nothing, and only adds to whatever's already happened. He will only play well if others start playing well before him. He gets a decent amount of goals and assists only at the benefit of the play of players around him (90% of the time). Fellaini, for all his faults, will always give it his all. Mata is mainly a coward on the pitch. I'd argue Fellaini has had a great impact at his time here than Mata.

Dave89

I was ashamed by Fellaini today.

He should have broken Huth's fecking nose the second he began pulling his hair like a hormonal harpy.

harms

Staff
I am sorry, but Mata does not have a lot of good games. He is a tidy player no doubt but most of the time he does nothing, and only adds to whatever's already happened. He will only play well if others start playing well before him. He gets a decent amount of goals and assists only at the benefit of the play of players around him (90% of the time). Fellaini, for all his faults, will always give it his all. Mata is mainly a coward on the pitch. I'd argue Fellaini has had a great impact at his time here than Mata.
He had much more good games than Fellaini, but they are not highlighted as much because it's not surprising to see a player of Mata's talent to do well.
And here it is again, Fellaini "giving his all" sentiment. Well, maybe his all is so close to zero that this opinion can be justified, but Fellaini's workrate is awful, he just walks around the pitch (because he literally can't or won't run) and fouls the people that got in his way (0,8 tackles per 1 foul). I don't think that "giving your all" mean constant fouling.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Mata has contributed far more than Fellaini. His work rate since coming here has also generally been excellent, so unless by "give his all" you mean be willing to foul people for no particular reason...

3KDré

He had much more good games than Fellaini, but they are not highlighted as much because it's not surprising to see a player of Mata's talent to do well.
And here it is again, Fellaini "giving his all" sentiment. Well, maybe his all is so close to zero that this opinion can be justified, but Fellaini's workrate is awful, he just walks around the pitch (because he literally can't or won't run) and fouls the people that got in his way (0,8 tackles per 1 foul). I don't think that "giving your all" mean constant fouling.
Mata has contributed far more than Fellaini. His work rate since coming here has also generally been excellent, so unless by "give his all" you mean be willing to foul people for no particular reason...
By giving it all, I mean that when United are looking for a goal he will be up there in the box fighting for the ball, not like Mata who will just pass it sideways and cower on the wing. For someone so supposedly creative he really doesn't try many through balls.

harms

Staff
By giving it all, I mean that when United are looking for a goal he will be up there in the box fighting for the ball
More like standing there and waiting for the second coming while he (a midfielder) is needed deeper in building-up the attacks. How much of the aerial duels does he actually win btw? Around 40%? And how many goals came directly from him standing near the back post, "giving his all"?

Mata and his creativity is another issue. I agree with you. When I looked at the Chelsea highlights he looked like a player of David Silva's mode, but he is much more limited, sadly, and is not a playmaker

saivet

Are you really saying that Fellaini has been our second best outfield player this season? :houllier: Even for this thread, which is full of extreme opinions, this has to be one of the craziest ones.

You even left Martial out :eek:
I said over the two years (so not really including this seasons signings, or youngsters that have had a few games here or there). Martial has clearly been better than him, but only this season. Consider our signings this season, aside from Martial. Memphis, Darmian, Morgan, Basti and Romero. Injuries/manager selections have hampered them, but they've hardly been better than Fellaini.

Not saying he's necessarily been our second best outfield player over the past two years, but considering the level our outfield players have performed at over the past two seasons, I don't consider this high praise by any stretch.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
He's shite...He's awful...He has no technical ability....No first touch....No eye for a killer pass....Takes the safe option....He's not brave.....He can't tackle....He can't pass....He bottles out of a lot of challenges.....He can't even hit someone properly....Ronnie Corbett and Warwick Davis were/are more of a threat in the air than this clown ffs

Yet....I'm giving him credit because he tries to do something........

Manchester United 2016

Ixion

Violent conduct is violent conduct, it'll be a dangerous precedent to set to give one a harsher ban than the other
Not really, the hairpull would have been a yellow card and the elbow a red. And not all violent conduct is treated the same, e.g. Suarez biting, Ben Thatcher's elbow

Kostur

海尔的老板
Funniest thing that if it was just about anybody else playing, probably bar Rooney and Lingard, who pulled the trigger on Huth yesterday there would be no discussion after that hair pulling. Of course, it's not groundless as he's done that before, sure, but it's still looking silly. Hair pulling, while not as dangerous as smacking somebody with your elbow, is as shite practice as trying to penetrate somebody's anus with your finger Jara style or biting somebody (I'm not referring to Suarez now). I don't think that in this particular moment his reaction was much off but he will get banned for it no doubt unless the ref mentions that he's seen the incident in the after-match report.

Huth pretty much knew what he was doing too, he got smacked by Fellaini and he didn't roll down like a puss or run to the referee with the thing.

Ixion

Funniest thing that if it was just about anybody else playing, probably bar Rooney and Lingard, who pulled the trigger on Huth yesterday there would be no discussion after that hair pulling. Of course, it's not groundless as he's done that before, sure, but it's still looking silly. .
That is exactly why there is a discussion. When you do something like elbow people in face the criticism is going to get worse and worse each time. Huth knew he could get Fellaini to react that way because he's a moron who reacts like that all the time, it doesn't normally even take a hairpull to get him to do it.

Kostur

海尔的老板
That is exactly why there is a discussion. When you do something like elbow people in face the criticism is going to get worse and worse each time. Huth knew he could get Fellaini to react that way because he's a moron who reacts like that all the time, it doesn't normally even take a hairpull to get him to do it.
Thing is that you'll see some idiots here trying to pretend that hair pulling is alright just for the sake of blaming him. I really can't blame him for this particular elbow.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Pulling his hair isn't right but if the ref saw the elbow and sent him off he would have only himself to blame. Silly.

ZDwyr

I'm a self-admitted Fellaini fan as most who follow this thread will know, but I think he started to swing the elbow before the hair pull. Huth's action shouldn't be forgotten though, was stupid and they both should be banned IMO. Silly from Fellaini because it gives Schneiderlin and Herrera a good opportunity to get his spot for the F.A Cup final. That being said there is no way I would be picking either of those two ahead of him.

Perrick Dubois

In a somewhat predictable manner, the pseudo-outrage over the elbow is so cringeworthy.

He had an excellent first half, I only got to watch the first half live. I'll probably watch the game again tonight. Good to see his form peaking a little before the cup final. Deserves a ban for the elbow but anyone who pulls somebody's hair can't complain about being twatted one, good on him.

He's shite...He's awful...He has no technical ability....No first touch....No eye for a killer pass....Takes the safe option....He's not brave.....He can't tackle....He can't pass....He bottles out of a lot of challenges.....He can't even hit someone properly....Ronnie Corbett and Warwick Davis were/are more of a threat in the air than this clown ffs
- Manchester United fans 2016.

RedDevil@84

It was surprising that Micheal Oliver of all the people missed it. Yesterday he was blowing the whistle the moment our players jumped into a tackle, as if he knew he had to give the foul against us instantly.
Fellaini is probably gone for the season. Hope Huth gets punished too.

montpelier

Like the awkward over-sized uncoordinated kid at school. You don't really want him in your team but it's 'orrible playing against him.

harms

Staff
I said over the two years (so not really including this seasons signings, or youngsters that have had a few games here or there). Martial has clearly been better than him, but only this season. Consider our signings this season, aside from Martial. Memphis, Darmian, Morgan, Basti and Romero. Injuries/manager selections have hampered them, but they've hardly been better than Fellaini.

Not saying he's necessarily been our second best outfield player over the past two years, but considering the level our outfield players have performed at over the past two seasons, I don't consider this high praise by any stretch.
Even over two years Martial has been better than him.

The only players that hasn't been better than Fellaini since his arrival (and played more than a few games) are Rojo and maybe McNair/Januzaj. Struggle to think about anyone else, which saying something, as basically all of our players underperformed.

saivet

Even over two years Martial has been better than him.

The only players that hasn't been better than Fellaini since his arrival (and played more than a few games) are Rojo and maybe McNair/Januzaj. Struggle to think about anyone else, which saying something, as basically all of our players underperformed.
Jones, Darmian, Herrera, Carrick, Basti, Morgan, Lingard, Memphis, Rojo. Imo been as good if not better than these guys over the past two seasons.

Could throw in others like Mata where I don't think there's been a great difference in terms of effectiveness.

I just disagree with the notion that he's been awful under LVG. Pretty much no one likes his playing style (me included) and long term wise, I struggle to see him being a United player should we progress to the next level. But as we are now, he's been better than most I think.

The guy wasn't wanted from when we first signed him and since day 1 it's pretty clear many fans don't like him. Just look at any match day thread and the level of criticims Fellaini would get compared to someone else. He does something good and little praise compared to someone else.

Ekeke

He hasnt been that good either.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Should of been 2 reds if the ref saw it so not all that pissed off about this elbow.

Another lacklustre performance though. He epitomises LVGs tenure in a way, has a good game or two then cements his place in the side and plays rubbish. He can't tackle and is average on the ball so the only reason he's in there is to win headers and he's not doing enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.