5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

montpelier

Yeah go on, I wouldn't massively argue that MF has performed at a level approximately average & middle-ish when compared to a selection of other signings (as was nicley outlined above). Some have definitely been worse & contributed less.

So that's good then, innit? Speaks right well of our recruitment achievements.

Steven Seagull

Like you or what? Are you really discussing if he pulled his hair?
Yes. Unless he pulled his hair in some other clip way before the elbowing then I don't understand. Unless you believe he reacted at the exact same time as Huth touched his hair as if he was Floyd Mayweather. Judging by his general movement I would suggest he is not Mr Mayweather

saivet

Yeah go on, I wouldn't massively argue that MF has performed at a level approximately average & middle-ish when compared to a selection of other signings (as was nicley outlined above). Some have definitely been worse & contributed less.

So that's good then, innit? Speaks right well of our recruitment achievements.
Obviously not; but people are always quick to get onto Fellaini when we have guys doing less.

On our recruitments, I think LVG has been a big factor in why so many have under performed. Only Blind and Martial have played week in week out.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If this team wants to return to its former best then players like Fellaini (and there's quite a list of player who qualify in this position) must leave. They are simply not good enough for a title contending team

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Jones, Darmian, Herrera, Carrick, Basti, Morgan, Lingard, Memphis, Rojo. Imo been as good if not better than these guys over the past two seasons.
Forgot about Memphis - on him I agree. The rest of the list - no, absolutely no. Anyone who played a full game over those two years and showed an average ball-retention and defensive skills are already better than Fellaini.

arthurka

He is a terrible player and it just shows in what state our club is in when people defend him here.. He is a terrible header of the ball, can´t pass, can´t shoot,No positional sense and a terrible tackler.. All that makes him useless.. I give him that he has been ok in couple of games. But that some here see him as an ok player just tells me how far we have fallen..

saivet

Forgot about Memphis - on him I agree. The rest of the list - no, absolutely no. Anyone who played a full game over those two years and showed an average ball-retention and defensive skills are already better than Fellaini.
He is a terrible player and it just shows in what state our club is in when people defend him here.. He is a terrible header of the ball, can´t pass, can´t shoot,No positional sense and a terrible tackler.. All that makes him useless.. I give him that he has been ok in couple of games. But that some here see him as an ok player just tells me how far we have fallen..
And this sums up exactly what I mean. I don't even rate Fellaini highly but over the top criticism time and time again.

This guy must be the most hated/abused player we've had and it's been since day 1.

Perrick Dubois

And this sums up exactly what I mean. I don't even rate Fellaini highly but over the top criticism time and time again.

This guy must be the most hated/abused player we've had and it's been since day 1.
Honestly, best to just ignore it lad. They will drop the excessive hyperbole rants regardless. It doesn't matter what happens people will still say he doesn't know how to play football. It will never change.

NK86

He was very good against Everton and reverted to poor form yesterday. I think the midfield we played yesterday showed zero creativity and we definitely needed someone like Ander over Fellaini since Leicester were going to sit back.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
It's easy to see why people are critical regardless of his level of performance. He's constantly doing stupid things and his style is awful to watch. Best for everyone if he's moved on.

iKeano

It's like your mum buying you some bad threads when you were young that you had to wear. Never wanted it, embarrassed by it, hated every second of it, can't wait til it's destined for the bin.

dichinero

I am sorry, but Mata does not have a lot of good games. He is a tidy player no doubt but most of the time he does nothing, and only adds to whatever's already happened. He will only play well if others start playing well before him. He gets a decent amount of goals and assists only at the benefit of the play of players around him (90% of the time). Fellaini, for all his faults, will always give it his all. Mata is mainly a coward on the pitch. I'd argue Fellaini has had a great impact at his time here than Mata.
I don't know how people come up with stuff like Mata is a coward. Admittedly Mata lacks the physical presence that the average PL footballer has and that has stood against him time and time again. His lack is physicality is mostly down to genetics and what not but he has done well in that he has done well to develop himself technically above the most players. Fellaini on the other hand is only surviving on his physicality which he probably didn't have to work much on. To call a player a coward becasue what stands against him is something that he cannot change is a lazy comment.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I see people mention Mata and Fellaini. For me they are both in the same bag, they don't suit us, they don't give us something special, they are not integral to our game, they both stick out like sore thumbs in our roster. Because they are not fundamentally bad they will have good games from time to time but at the end of the day they are both a waste of money and space.

arthurka

Can you please tell me what I said there that is abusive? That´s just my opinion and he hasn´t shown anything to prove me wrong..

ZDwyr

This confuses me. He is a huge part of us defending set-pieces. That alone makes him better defensively that Herrera, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Young, Depay, Mata etc

dichinero

This confuses me. He is a huge part of us defending set-pieces. That alone makes him better defensively that Herrera, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Young, Depay, Mata etc
Not as huge as you think friend. Set pieces make up the smallest portion of defensive contributions in a 90 minute game. From the above you have mentioned, Herrera, Schneiderlin and quite possibly Young make more defensive contributions than Fellaini. Just because the ones they make do not happen in areas that could directly lead to a goal, it's doesn't make it any less of a defensive contributions. I'm not saying that Fellaini makes the fewest defensive contributions but from I would expect from him, he is far too unsuccessful or makes too few, making him very disappointing for me.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I see people mention Mata and Fellaini. For me they are both in the same bag, they don't suit us, they don't give us something special, they are not integral to our game, they both stick out like sore thumbs in our roster. Because they are not fundamentally bad they will have good games from time to time but at the end of the day they are both a waste of money and space.
This

stevoc

He's shite...He's awful...He has no technical ability....No first touch....No eye for a killer pass....Takes the safe option....He's not brave.....He can't tackle....He can't pass....He bottles out of a lot of challenges.....He can't even hit someone properly....Ronnie Corbett and Warwick Davis were/are more of a threat in the air than this clown ffs

Yet....I'm giving him credit because he tries to do something........

Manchester United 2016

But come one mate he tries, he's a real trier. While loads of other players around him are only trying to try he steps and actually tries to do something. It rarely comes off but he tries.

He's been better recently (which wouldn't be hard considering how bad he was until a month ago). But this ''he really tries'' and ''gives his all'' nonsense is cringe worthy.

Trying is the bare minimum 99% of players do every game, it's hardly something he should be lauded for.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
People on the caf always seem so narrow minded when speaking about Fellaini and I can't understand why. When you look at the way we played yesterday and the position he occupied to me I don't see how he can be slated as much as he is.
Fellainis best attributes are his strength, workrate and heading abilities.
Yet yesterday he was deployed seemingly as the playmaker for the team which I just think is ridiculous. There was times when we had players waiting up the pitch trying to find space and Fellaini was the one who was expected to thread the ball through which is blatant mis-management. If Fellaini is going to play then he needs to almost he used as a second striker, getting in the box whenever possible trying to disrupt the defence and have balls put into him.
Now, it's obvious that this isn't the way we should ever be hoping to play, we're not a Tony Pulis side, thankfully. But it is a shame when people slate him for expecting him to be something he simply isn't.
Fellaini should probably be replaced in the summer, and I'm sure one of the teams in mid table would actually pay a fair amount for him. But as for this season Fellaini is yet another damning example of unforgivable mis-management by Van Gaal.

Silverman

The only problem with Fellaini is when he is played as a #6 or a #8 where ideally you want someone to pass the ball. If he is played further forward then he is a handful but would prefer someone better suited to our style of play up there at the same time.

montpelier

'Unfortunately' the defending set-pieces point is a very good one, and I don't think we should understate the value of defending at set pieces - you won't win many games if you aren't doing it relatively well. We've got Daley Blind playing at CB, remember.

In terms of 'balance' of the team & for the doing of this 'nasty stuff' Fellaini is a (terrible pun follows) a big asset.

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Those two posters just expose their own lack of understanding of the game. With the way modern football is discussed, three is such a tendency for people to have a binary thought process about it. Players are either "quality" or pure trash.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
No surprises. He needs to try and grasp the very basic concept that elbowing opposition players isn't allowed.

dichinero

Hope we have seen the back of him. Isn't this the second time in two seasons that he has got himself sent off stupidly towards the end of the season? Such a burden

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
3 match ban, on the bench for the final, and then a parting of ways I think.

He's done exceptionally well to last 3 years here, but it's the end of the road now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mourinho will try and ship both. Pretty certain on that. Both have had best part of 3 years here, and neither have ever really hit the heights, although Mata did have a decent goal return for a while.

But with Rooney most likely to stay, we can't have such crippling lack of pace in there with him

Status
Not open for further replies.