Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Did ok, felt he should have done better when he hit the bar but all in all not a bad performance. Still no where near good enough to be in the squad however and i hope not to see him next season.

Walters_19_MuFc

I've seen him have better games, but again, he shown why he is, and has been, so important to us, especially against teams that play long balls. Made some crucial headers in both boxes, one of which created the equaliser for Mata.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Did ok, felt he should have done better when he hit the bar but all in all not a bad performance. Still no where near good enough to be in the squad however and i hope not to see him next season.
Think he did well with that chance. Should have done better with the header in the first half.

Good performance. He's probably been one of the most important players in the run up to cup win.

Boycott

Played very well IMO. Covered a lot of ground, good outlet but also defensively worked very hard to help out on the right side of midfield. A key player on this FA Cup run.

Dante

Average bang
A fantastic performance from him, I thought. Got into some great positions and was constantly involved, winning the majority of his duels.

Sylar

TBH needed him against West Ham, we might have CL football too.

Will be surprised if hes a starter next season. Wont be surprised if hes kept around as a sub though for certain situations / teams.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Done his bit today but it should be curtains after this season.
Rubbish. He adds a unique dimension and is a very good option to have in our squad for specific circumstances and to allow for rotation. Maybe not as 1st XI player but like he proved today, he has a key role to play.

Really hope Mourinho keeps him.

ZDwyr

He didn't have his best game but he was probably one of our better performers. His actual midfield work could have been better but he was very important in both boxes.

dichinero

Rubbish. He adds a unique dimension and is a very good option to have in our squad for specific circumstances and to allow for rotation. Maybe not as 1st XI player but like he proved today, he has a key role to play.

Really hope Mourinho keeps him.
So we keep a player who should be in his prime but is more of a situatonal player than anything. I'd replace him with a player that can adapt to many situations. He'll be going into his 4th, all we can say is he is key for specific circumstances. Ok.

Bwuk

I wonder if Jose will rate him.

Were Chelsea not linked with him when Jose was there?

Edit - I'm convinced he will stay actually after more thought. He seems like one of the most popular players in the squad with his team mates, and I can see Mourinho bringing him on to close games out.

Last edited:

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I guess most of us wouldn't want Fellaini starting as a general rule next season.

So my question is, do we keep him in the squad for those physical game's?

It gives us the plan B that teams like Arsenal/Liverpool don't have against teams like West Ham.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'd sooner have a better plan B. Especially as Mourinho's plan A signings will likely mean physicality is less of an issue from here on.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I guess most of us wouldn't want Fellaini starting as a general rule next season.

So my question is, do we keep him in the squad for those physical game's?

It gives us the plan B that teams like Arsenal/Liverpool don't have against teams like West Ham.
He has his moment but I don't think he is useful in these games. He doesn't use his tools well. He just gets dirty and turns into a liability. I think he's actually a bit of a coward which is a shame.

Perrick Dubois

"Plan B" ugh, shudder. He's just as good as a normal, vanilla, all-round footballer without humping the ball up to him constantly and being used as what the fans would like to say "Plan B". I think he will do well playing in the Lampard role where he gets free off of his man from the set #10 position and arrives in the box either in behind or ghosts in late. It will be similar to how to get the best out of Rooney. I'll not be surprised if he code-shares that role with Rooney next season.

Otherwise as an anchor in a 4-3-3 where he plays in a central defensive position and his duty is strictly defensive breaking-up of play. I am not sure Mourinho likes his box to box players playing from central midfield. I think he prefers them playing from further in the attacking third and covering the defensive end while having the freedom to be in the attacking third in-transition.

Litch

Unfortunately for him, he'll never win some people over but despite whatever you think of him as a football player, IMO was instrumental in the run in when we secured 4th spot and equally the FA cup. Big moments in both.

Smores

Has he actually been our best midfielder this season? I mean it's not hard as they've all been terrible but tallying up in my mind he's had as many good games as the rest.

You could argue he's not really played midfield for some games though.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's been our best player in the last three matches we played in the FA Cup. As some people have already mentioned, was very instrumental in getting us the 4th position last season and now this.

Still will be somehow rated less than Herrera who's been diabolical for the last three months.

LuisNaniencia

He has his moment but I don't think he is useful in these games. He doesn't use his tools well. He just gets dirty and turns into a liability. I think he's actually a bit of a coward which is a shame.
That's being said you could certainly see the difference in the west ham replay compared to the league game when he was suspended.

LuisNaniencia

He's been our best player in the last three matches we played in the FA Cup. As some people have already mentioned, was very instrumental in getting us the 4th position last season and now this.

Still will be somehow rated less than Herrera who's been diabolical for the last three months.
Sorry do you see him as a regular starter under Mourinho KM?

JON.B

Sloop
Useful player at times but still think he's not here for the long term, can't see Mourinho being a big fan.

ZDwyr

I can certainly see Mourinho being a fan. Not a fan to start him, but definitely a fan to keep him. He has strong relationships with a fair few members of the squad and he has his uses in certain situations. I think Mou will prefer him over Herrera. Not sure about Schweinsteiger either, he's in such a weird position.

Djemba-Djemba

I've never really liked Fellaini, don't think he's good enough for Utd and I hope we sell him this Summer.

He was vital to us winning the FA Cup though, scored in the quarter finals, scored in the semi finals, and assisted the equaliser in the final. Thoroughly deserved his medal, be a nice way for him to say goodbye.

Taxx

I will be honest, he has proved me wrong and I think he is useful. He doesn't fit the mold of the player type we want at United, but for me, I'd hope to have him accept my apology as he has come through several times for us this season. He's not perfect in any way, shape or form, but I appreciate his effort, and consider him a decent squad player, should we keep him.

RU Devil

Yeah, he's very useful in certain situations and is definitely underrated. Him missing for the West Ham game definitely contributed to our losing it, but it seems the various parts of our central midfield just don't complement each other optimally. LVG's philosophy didn't help as well.

Given who is on the team and who is available, gotta think he'll be in Mou's plans. Carrick & Schweinsteiger will be moved on or de-emphasized and among Blind, Schneiderlin, Rooney, and Herrera, we lack a bit of physical brawn. Unless TFM is moved up to DM, we'll need a bit of physical presence at times that Fellaini provides. Not sure Mou will spend funds on a DM this window.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I can see Mourinho keeping him as an option. Bring him on when we want to see out a game, or stick him up front to bully a defender at some point... Jose loves to play on the edge with regard to a bit of gamesmanship, and I suspect he will love Fellaini in that capacity if nothing else.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I know he's a good option but I just really want him sold. It's an option that I would rather is not turn to really as it's just such a small time tactic 'lump it to the big man'. You wouldn't see Barca, Bayern or real messing around with a player like fellaini and he's just taking up the squad position of someone genuinely talented. All that being said he will most certainly stay under Mourinho who I reckon likes having options in the squad.Sigh...:rolleyes:

dichinero

The feeling I get is that many United fans are entertaining the idea of Fellaini simply because he has somehow signed for us and the best way to show that you are a true fan is to stick up for the one that isn't obviously good enough. One for all, all for one type nonsense. I wonder how many people would be excited by a tweet saying we are in for the next Fellaini? Or if we never bought him, how many people will say, let's get him, we would need him in games like the one at West Ham? The guy can only dance to one tune, and quite frankly, not many clubs play that tune anymore. Gone are the days when Stoke was the epitome of physical, long ball football, they now play pretty decent football on the ground. West Ham mostly resort to the long ball tactics when Carroll is fit, until then, it's all on the turf!

The fact that a player is as best regarded as a situational player is just ridiculous for a club like United. What is even worse is that, we used a 3 game run to justify him for the best part of 18 months. I don't hate the guy, I just think he needs to be let off the hook. The longer he is here, the more reasons we would have to resort to the same old tactic, which is just lazy IMO. For his own good, it's curtains here!

Walters_19_MuFc

Mourinho specifically went out his way to change Chelsea's team and put Zouma in midfield because of Fellaini. That goes to show how much of a threat he felt he was. Hopefully he keeps him because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.