5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

grahamo

Everyone thought he was out the door when Mourinho came along. He knuckled down and did exactly what he was instructed to do. Ok. Not every United fans idea of a United player but he is very professional. Maybe he will do the same for OGS. Doubt it though! Hes probably gone in january

iHicksy

How is that possible? He whored himself out to half of Europe and nobody wanted him.
I don't believe that. Mainly, because he took so long to sign the contract because it wasn't what he wanted. He was trying to get a move and even AC Milan didn't want him. I read that the reason he wouldn't sign is that we were actually offering him less than his current deal (something around 70-80k a week). So, I fail to believe that we suddenly panicked (when no one wanted him) and gave a bench option a 220k a week contract....

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He probably has the best crossing technique at this club. Also his position at Everton was different to what he's doing here. Oh and 'not deserving to be defended' doesn't even make sense. Bit weirdly timed rant, bad day at work or?
Doing it once per game isn't the same as doing it constantly. When he finds him self wide right once in two or three games defenders don't usually expect him to cross like that so they don't press him as they do with Valencia for example when he tries to cross it his usual way. When Valencia does it with his left foot once in about 20 games it's usually a good cross because of the same reason. But if he tried it more often he would be stopped easily.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Doing it once per game isn't the same as doing it constantnly. When he once finds him self wide right defenders don't usually expect him to cross like that so they don't press him as they do with Valencia for example in his usual way. When Valencia does it with his left foot once in about 20 games it's usually a good cross because of the same reason. But if he tried it more often he would be stopped easily.
No, it actually means that he's got great crossing technique, exactly what I've said. He's not going to be doing it 20 times per match because he'll not find himself in the side sectors most of the time.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
He probably has the best crossing technique at this club.
I have never seen any example of that to be honest. I just tried to find a youtube video of those crosses, the first thing I found had the very fitting title
"Marouane Fellaini / All 20 Goals and 6 Assists for Manchester United / 2013 - 2018"

Now I hope for the sake of everything he doesn't actually have only 6 assists during his time here.

Bit weirdly timed rant, bad day at work or?
Not a bad guess actually, some Ajax loving cnunt has just sent me the video of Fellaini knocking out a steward with his attempted shot. He loves rubbing in how much a joke United have become. He's also still very bitter about the Europa League final and the way they got beaten, which was probably among Fellaini's best moments for us. Mourinho's tactics of 'don't you dare to try and build up from the back, just directly hoof it to Fellaini because the Ajax players lack any physical qualities' have really rubbed them the wrong way I guess.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I have never seen any example of that to be honest. I just tried to find a youtube video of those crosses, the first thing I found had the very fitting title
"Marouane Fellaini / All 20 Goals and 6 Assists for Manchester United / 2013 - 2018"

Now I hope for the sake of everything he doesn't actually have only 6 assists during his time here.

Not a bad guess actually, some Ajax loving cnunt has just sent me the video of Fellaini knocking out a steward with his attempted shot. He loves rubbing in how much a joke United have become. He's also still very bitter about the Europa League final and the way they got beaten, which was probably among Fellaini's best moments for us. Mourinho's tactics of 'don't you dare to try and build up from the back, just directly hoof it to Fellaini because the Ajax players lack any physical qualities' have really rubbed them the wrong way I guess.
Well we might indeed have become a joke but in the end we've beaten them comfortably in the final with the oaf having a MOTM-esque performance so yeah, must've rubbed them the wrong way.

You know that Fellaini's 11 goals season is an anomaly by the way?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No, it actually means that he's got great crossing technique, exactly what I've said. He's not going to be doing it 20 times per match because he'll not find himself in the side sectors most of the time.
Oops, I thought we were in Lukaku's thread for some reason. Even more ridiculous though, Fellaini is nowhere near having the best crossing technique in the club.

You go on an say that people underrate him and say ridiculous thing like that.

T_Model101

Had to check I wasn't in the Lukaku thread when I saw people talking about the best crossing technique at the club :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Oops, I thought we were in Lukaku's thread for some reason. Even more ridiculous though, Fellaini is nowhere near having the best crossing technique in the club.

You go on an say that people underrate him and say ridiculous thing like that.
No, I don't say that people underrate him, people slate him without particular reason though. It's nearly all of his coaches (doesn't matter whether it's dinosaurs like Mourinho or El Fraudo for Belgium) that have always stressed that people underestimate his technical ability and I agree with them. It's obviously difficult to concede that he's got great crossing technique (so does Herrera for that matter) for some as it's one of the most difficult moves in the game, which would indicate that his technique is not as shit as people try to paint it, which would give one less argument to bash him so I don't expect too many to agree with me.

Devil77

Everyone thought he was out the door when Mourinho came along. He knuckled down and did exactly what he was instructed to do. Ok. Not every United fans idea of a United player but he is very professional. Maybe he will do the same for OGS. Doubt it though! Hes probably gone in january
No chance in hell. He is exactly the type of player Ole talked about. A team player that when given the opportunity gives his all.

Amir

Can't help but think about the story of how Dwight Yorke was looking forward to Fergie's retirement in 2002, and when Fergie announced months before that he would be staying, someone in the dressing him told Yorke 'That's you fecked, Yorkie'.

Kazi

Can't help but think about the story of how Dwight Yorke was looking forward to Fergie's retirement in 2002, and when Fergie announced months before that he would be staying, someone in the dressing him told Yorke 'That's you fecked, Yorkie'.
Ok

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Well we might indeed have become a joke but in the end we've beaten them comfortably in the final with the oaf having a MOTM-esque performance so yeah, must've rubbed them the wrong way.

You know that Fellaini's 11 goals season is an anomaly by the way?
It's an anomaly in the most literal sense yes, given that he's only managed >10 league goals once in his career.

At the same time his 18 goals in 87 games for Belgium lead to 0.207 goal/match. A guy like Wesley Sneijder, who actually was a shared Golden Ball winner once, is on 31 goals in 134, or 0.23 for the Netherlands. The mythical Steven G. is on 21 goals in 114 games for England, or 0.18. And then Fellaini has been subbed on or off a lot of times, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone did the math and concluded Fellaini actually has a better minutes to goal ratio than those two, and also tops various other high profile midfielders.

You were talking about crossing earlier and that might genuinely be one of the explanations, because it's easy to single Fellaini out, but he's far from the only player who I think has been underperforming. Maybe in his last season at Everton it really clicked with a guy like Baines or something leading to a bit of a purple patch, and with Belgium he's of course surrounded by lovely players who create so much. While over here the level of crossing has indeed been atrocious over the last 5 years and therefore he's been unable to benefit.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's an anomaly in the most literal sense yes, given that he's only managed >10 league goals once in his career.

At the same time his 18 goals in 87 games for Belgium lead to 0.207 goal/match. A guy like Wesley Sneijder, who actually was a shared Golden Ball winner once, is on 31 goals in 134, or 0.23 for the Netherlands. The mythical Steven G. is on 21 goals in 114 games for England, or 0.18. And then Fellaini has been subbed on or off a lot of times, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone did the math and concluded Fellaini actually has a better minutes to goal ratio than those two, and also tops various other high profile midfielders.

You were talking about crossing earlier and that might genuinely be one of the explanations, because it's easy to single Fellaini out, but he's far from the only player who I think has been underperforming. Maybe in his last season at Everton it really clicked with a guy like Baines or something leading to a bit of a purple patch, and with Belgium he's of course surrounded by lovely players who create so much. While over here the level of crossing has indeed been atrocious over the last 5 years and therefore he's been unable to benefit.
They've all hit rock bottom over the last few weeks, while Mourinho's third season toxins sunk in, but Fellaini actually played quite well earlier in the season before everyone basically gave up. I think he might surprise a few people under Ole.

Kostur

海尔的老板

To a certain degree yeah, probably, though at Everton in his last season he's just been a nominal second striker really, here, we tend to throw him around the positions, #6, #10, #8, a battering ram of some sort. I'm the last one to try to explain a player that throwing him around position does this and that to him but we have thrown him around positions. Fact is, I just don't think he's much of a goalscorer, that one 11 goals season was a one off as said but if we sorted our crossing out and just stick him somewhere there he could score a couple of goals more.

Come to think about it, how many goals have we scored from crossed in relation to the number of crosses put into the box. Think it was Lukaku's forte too. Can't be arsed to go through statistics to see how we sit in comparison with other teams but when you've got Valencia as your main source of crosses you just know it cannot be good.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think van Gaal used him better than the others as a finisher in the final third rather than someone that gets on the ball inside our own half, I hope he goes back to being that as one of the two advanced midfielders in a 4-1–4-1 in a rotation with Pogba and Fred.

Steerpike

They've all hit rock bottom over the last few weeks, while Mourinho's third season toxins sunk in, but Fellaini actually played quite well earlier in the season before everyone basically gave up. I think he might surprise a few people under Ole.
Fellaini is a popular hate figure on here, but his performances have by and large been decent. He provides a different tactical option (though the team doesn't have to play long just because Fellaini is on the pitch), and he's horrible to play against (we don't have enough players like that).

Fellaini affects games and has a part to play. I actually don't think anyone, with the possible exception of Darmian, will be leaving in January.

Robbie Boy

I'm pretty sure most people thought the exact opposite and expected Mourinho to absolutely love him. Now when LvG came in, pretty much everyone expected him to be binned and he nearly was apparently before he ended up staying. LvG then stumbled into a formation where he was useful and he survived.

RedDevil@84

11 league goals for Everton in his last season there. Took him 5(!) years at United to reach the same amount.

How a professional player can have such an incredibly limited shooting technique and passing range is beyond me. Short passing is usually alright, but it's a downright travesty that this guy literally can't make a long pass, put in a high cross or a have a good shot on target to safe his life.

It gets even worse because he sometimes gets picked out by fans because of his limited talent and weird looks and gets blamed for literally everything, which has led to various people instantly defending him. Which he simply doesn't deserve, more so considering how dirty a player he is as well, I reckon you can watch back all the matches he played for us and conclude he could've gotten a red card for a freak incident in 60% of those.

What he did with the ball at Anfield last week was so incredibly poor that I don't even have words for it.

And now we have it, Fellaini is going to work under his fifth manager at United. For me his time here is the perfect symbol of our demise.
If you are not seeing him targeted, it is because players who are supposed to be miles ahead of him are playing so badly that the bad play by an average player is not visible.

RedDevil@84

I'm pretty sure most people thought the exact opposite and expected Mourinho to absolutely love him. Now when LvG came in, pretty much everyone expected him to be binned and he nearly was apparently before he ended up staying. LvG then stumbled into a formation where he was useful and he survived.
I don't know about others, but I didnt think Mourinho will use him. Yes, he has height, but Jose prefers quality giants not just any giant.

Robbie Boy

I don't know about others, but I didnt think Mourinho will use him. Yes, he has height, but Jose prefers quality giants not just any giant.
I honestly expected Mourinho to love him due to his mentality and willingness to do as asked.

Loublaze

ATLien
Im with you on this. I thought Fellaini was done when Mourinho was announced.

el3mel

What's everyone's opinion on Fellaini in such a flowing formation?
He's not a CM, was never a good one if you want a fast transition. He's useful in both boxes only so can still be pretty useful if we're pushing with numbers and want a goal while we're losing or drawing and need presence in opposition box. Just keep him away from CM.

Based Adnan

Bit worrying he came on for Matic. He's not a DM at all and ideally shouldn't be getting a look in and moved on in January.

ice-bionic red

I don’t hate the guy. But he was never good enough for this club and I hope he never plays for us again.

Siorac

What's everyone's opinion on Fellaini in such a flowing formation?
His only notable contribution was a terrible touch in the build-up to the fifth goal. After Matic, Herrera and Pogba it was a bit jarring.

Dante

Average bang
Yep, he went up front when he came on.

I wonder if Ole sees him as his plan B striker. Assuming that Rashford continues up front, that could mean Lukaku gets pushed out.

It's probably his best position, to be fair.

Nico87

If Ole does continue his use a high press and full backs pushed up it will make for very exciting football but as someone said in another thread, the risk with that formation/tactic is that you are more vulnerable to a hoof over the top, Maroune could prove invaluable in preventing this.

I know he's not a silky easy on the eye player but he does add steel to the team when it's needed, and is also a good plan C for attack. He shouldn't be starting but I wouldn't want him to leave as he's a very useful squad player with a seemingly good attitude.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
Yep, he went up front when he came on.

I wonder if Ole sees him as his plan B striker. Assuming that Rashford continues up front, that could mean Lukaku gets pushed out.

It's probably his best position, to be fair.
Do you really believe this is a possibility or is it something you hope will happen? Lukaku only missed today because of a family bereavement. I can't see Ole pushing Fellaini ahead of Lukaku in the pecking order as a center forward

Dante

Average bang
Do you really believe this is a possibility or is it something you hope will happen? Lukaku only missed today because of a family bereavement. I can't see Ole pushing Fellaini ahead of Lukaku in the pecking order as a center forward
I have no idea. But Fellaini is better as target man than almost anyone else in the coutry. If that's the route Ole wants to go down for his plan B (and based on very limited evidence it might be), then Fellaini is the better fit.

Plus, I don't see Lukaku being happy about being on the bench if that's what it comes to. Fellaini wouldn't mind.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Bit worrying he came on for Matic. He's not a DM at all and ideally shouldn't be getting a look in and moved on in January.
What makes you say that?
He played as number 9 when he came on didn't he?
Nah, it was a straight swap with Matic. Lingard was leading the line, guess some of you had trouble spotting him without the afro.

Loublaze

ATLien
I have no idea. But Fellaini is better as target man than almost anyone else in the coutry. If that's the route Ole wants to go down for his plan B (and based on very limited evidence it might be), then Fellaini is the better fit.

Plus, I don't see Lukaku being happy about being on the bench if that's what it comes to. Fellaini wouldn't mind.
Fellaini is better as target man than anyone else in the country? I think i've seen it all now. Based on what evidence and is this a comparison against other auxiliary role performing players or straight up target men overall? Lukaku is a better target man than Fellaini. Kane, Deeney, Arnautovic and Giroud are better target men

Loublaze

ATLien
What makes you say that?

Nah, it was a straight swap with Matic. Lingard was leading the line, guess some of you had trouble spotting him without the afro.
I saw him playing upfront and that was my reaction. Even some other posters mentioned it in the matchday thread. I can always go back and look again as i recorded the game. Maybe im wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.