5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

Scenes here when he's still valuable and used under the next manager as well. :D
Exactly. Every manager he's had speaks very highly of him and even LVG, a manager obsessed with passing the ball, still found a use for him. Will still be hear next year because of the wages involved and because he's useful (at times).

Bola

No one wanted him for free last summer so I doubt anyone would offer us any money this year.
Yes. That's one of my reasons for keeping him. No point flogging him for the sake of it as he dkes habe his uses

Kapardin

Lay off him, he's a good squad player and quite useful. I think even Klopp, Sarri, Emery and Poch would have used him if they had him, though they wouldn't fawn over him like LvG and Mourinho did.

bonothom

Once Fellaini is gone I will start believing United are on an upward curve. Not saying its all his fault but he is the most obvious symbol of Uniteds decline. Signed by that idiot Moyes and then has continued to hypnotise the 2 following managers. I just hope Fellainis charms will not work on the next manager

Roboc7

Most likely he will be here until end of his contract, we’d have to pay him to leave as no one wanted him on a free transfer.

One of the players who either needs to be moved on or his playing time drastically reduced.

Based Adnan

I pray to the lord almighty that this is the end of this muppet but the new manager coming in will probably want to 'give him a chance to prove himself'. Please God don't do it.

Crashoutcassius

Once Fellaini is gone I will start believing United are on an upward curve. Not saying its all his fault but he is the most obvious symbol of Uniteds decline. Signed by that idiot Moyes and then has continued to hypnotise the 2 following managers. I just hope Fellainis charms will not work on the next manager
the charm of working hard and doing what manager asks... makes sense that fans these days dont value that alright. sad that hard workers are called conmen and players that go on striker over being subbed in a game are the idols

midou

The decline of Manchester United personified... please let this man go.
His uselessness outweighs his usefulness a 100 times, if that makes sense.

izec

Another player on too high wages our ex manager was desperate to stay. I personally think he is useless if we want modern attacking football. He is not a midfielder in that system and if you throw him up front, you play with long balls, which again we shouldnt revert to if we play that style of football. I dont really see why he should be here past the summer, unless we cant sell him as usual.

Bobski

Getting rid of him is getting rid of an option to play a style of football we need to move away from. Mourinho was desperate for him to stay, because having Fellaini means an excuse to not put the work into developing a style of play. He is a short cut, and yes he has done well at times for Utd but we must move beyond that type of chaos football.

Stepney73

It should be in the new managers contract to bin this oaf before his first mutv interview

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He and Lukaku should be the first two to be binned off. “Footballers” who belong in another era. No technical quality at all. I can’t ever recall Fergie playing a player with such poor touch and technique as either of those two. Fellaini by all accounts is a good bloke, and he certainly tries hard, and pops up with the odd useful set piece. But he’s just a terrible footballer, who destroys the fluidity of our play. The same as Lukaku.

izec

Getting rid of him is getting rid of an option to play a style of football we need to move away from. Mourinho was desperate for him to stay, because having Fellaini means an excuse to not put the work into developing a style of play. He is a short cut, and yes he has done well at times for Utd but we must move beyond that type of chaos football.
coincidence football is a better term

Thiagoal

He will still have his uses as a squad player just as the likes of Phil Neville, John O'Shea and Jesper Blomqvist were! In certain games he can be invaluable; however he should be only used in these occasions!

Robbie Boy

Giving his all and being a nuisance are definitely admirable qualities but qualities that should be associated with players at lesser clubs. Playing players because of their ‘movement’ (see Lingard) or the fact that they ‘rough defenders up’ (see Fellaini) is actually one of the reasons we are where we are. Mourinho had a chance to move on the mediocre players but instead he made them integral components. That in itself is ridiculous for a club of our stature.

I’m really hoping that the new man can rectify this. I hope to god we never sign a player like Fellaini again, I really do. A parody of a player to the oppos and one that his defenders will clutch at straws to defend. I also hope the new man has no need for a player like Fellaini as he will hopefully play modern football.

I know this sounds harsh and Fellaini has had his uses. But the fact is he should never have been signed nor should we have been playing archaic football that would give a player like Fellaini a ‘use’.

NinjaFletch

Why? He's literally never been out of favour with any manager who has had him. It's people who struggle with full stops online who have irrational issues with him.
Aye, and three of them have been sacked as managers of Manchester United. Maybe there's a pattern?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
According to Mourinho's spokesman, Woodward made Fellaini United's third best paid player. Absolutely ridiculous if true!
How is that possible? He whored himself out to half of Europe and nobody wanted him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
According to Mourinho's spokesman, Woodward made Fellaini United's third best paid player. Absolutely ridiculous if true!
He's the 1 who bloody kept him the first place! he kept begging him to sign on.

Anybody else would have let him go. I'm glad he stayed as I don't think he's awful, he's just very limited.

tidraKS

Giving his all and being a nuisance are definitely admirable qualities but qualities that should be associated with players at lesser clubs. Playing players because of their ‘movement’ (see Lingard) or the fact that they ‘rough defenders up’ (see Fellaini) is actually one of the reasons we are where we are. Mourinho had a chance to move on the mediocre players but instead he made them integral components. That in itself is ridiculous for a club of our stature.

I’m really hoping that the new man can rectify this. I hope to god we never sign a player like Fellaini again, I really do. A parody of a player to the oppos and one that his defenders will clutch at straws to defend. I also hope the new man has no need for a player like Fellaini as he will hopefully play modern football.

I know this sounds harsh and Fellaini has had his uses. But the fact is he should never have been signed nor should we have been playing archaic football that would give a player like Fellaini a ‘use’.
Lingard is a starter for England for your info. His quality is not only movement. I agree on Fellaini.

NinjaFletch

I agree, De Gea needs to be sold.
Well, if he'd been stinking out the joint for the past six years we could perhaps agree.

I think the simple point here is, though, that you can't use an argument from authority to lend gravitas to your personal opinion that Fellaini is a good player when your authorities have mostly been sacked for being shit at their job and playing crap football. It's a cheap argument at the best of times; it's downright fallacious given the recent history of United.

Dante

Average bang
Anytime something at the club changes, the agenda posters come out of the woodwork to push their opinions as the though it was a gospel that was previously being ignored.

The reality is that Fellaini is a very good player. Ole may well keep him in our plans. I'm sure he'll be called stupid if he does.

Bwuk

Ole may or may not drop him but I highly doubt he’ll be sold in January.

If the new manager gets rid then fair does. But I highly doubt we’ll see a mass exodus in January.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Well, if he'd been stinking out the joint for the past six years we could perhaps agree.

I think the simple point here is, though, that you can't use an argument from authority to lend gravitas to your personal opinion that Fellaini is a good player when your authorities have mostly been sacked for being shit at their job and playing crap football. It's a cheap argument at the best of times; it's downright fallacious given the recent history of United.
He's never been out of favour at other clubs or international level though. Every manager who has had him has come to embrace him.

NinjaFletch

Anytime something at the club changes, the agenda posters come out of the woodwork to push their opinions as the though it was a gospel that was previously being ignored.

The reality is that Fellaini is a very good player. Ole may well keep him in our plans. I'm sure he'll be called stupid if he does.
Do you not realise how stupid it sounds to declare your opinion 'the reality' whilst deriding other people's opinions as worthless?

He's never been out of favour at other clubs or international level though. Every manager who has had him has come to embrace him.
Something that is true for many players who aren't good enough for United, too. Solskjaer may embrace him, he may not. The next manager may, he may not. I'd be willing to bet, however, that whichever manager eventually manages to make United play with the sort of attacking verve fans would like us to play with will manage to do it without Fellaini being a key player.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He probably got a huge sign on bonus cause his contract was basically up. It was like us signing a free agent but it this case, was our player.
As for the future, I hope we sell. We need to move on from Fellaini as plan b to everything. We need to take the plunge. I admire him, he give everything every time he plays but we should aspire for more.

Boycott

He has his uses. I would keep him.
Nah.

He's had his uses but it's time to call time on his career at United. 174 games, 22 goals, some big game performances - he's been one of the better post SAF signings but that's more of a reflection of how poor most have been.

Van Gaal was going to phase him out in after the 2014/15 season. He bought Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger and although neither worked out that didn't mean we had to fall back on Fellaini at the first sign of trouble. Every time there is a problem the manager falls back on Fellaini and it's not really because of footballing ability but because he works hard and follows instructions. Well fair play - he's a good character but I want to remove that easy fall back option which takes us one step back to the identity we aspire to be and instead focus on making Plan A better.

RedDevil@84

With all the managerial chaos at the club, I don't think anyone with a long contract would be allowed to leave, unless they kick up a storm.
Fellaini wont kick up a storm. He will continue to do what he has been doing. Be extremely loyal to the manager and follow the manager's instruction, to the T

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
11 league goals for Everton in his last season there. Took him 5(!) years at United to reach the same amount.

How a professional player can have such an incredibly limited shooting technique and passing range is beyond me. Short passing is usually alright, but it's a downright travesty that this guy literally can't make a long pass, put in a high cross or a have a good shot on target to safe his life.

It gets even worse because he sometimes gets picked out by fans because of his limited talent and weird looks and gets blamed for literally everything, which has led to various people instantly defending him. Which he simply doesn't deserve, more so considering how dirty a player he is as well, I reckon you can watch back all the matches he played for us and conclude he could've gotten a red card for a freak incident in 60% of those.

What he did with the ball at Anfield last week was so incredibly poor that I don't even have words for it.

And now we have it, Fellaini is going to work under his fifth manager at United. For me his time here is the perfect symbol of our demise.

Kostur

海尔的老板
11 league goals for Everton in his last season there. Took him 5(!) years at United to reach the same amount.

How a professional player can have such an incredibly limited shooting technique and passing range is beyond me. Short passing is usually alright, but it's a downright travesty that this guy literally can't make a long pass, put in a high cross or a have a good shot on target to safe his life.

It gets even worse because he sometimes gets picked out by fans because of his limited talent and weird looks and gets blamed for literally everything, which has led to various people instantly defending him. Which he simply doesn't deserve, more so considering how dirty a player he is as well, I reckon you can watch back all the matches he played for us and conclude he could've gotten a red card for a freak incident in 60% of those.

What he did with the ball at Anfield last week was so incredibly poor that I don't even have words for it.

And now we have it, Fellaini is going to work under his fifth manager at United. For me his time here is the perfect symbol of our demise.
He probably has the best crossing technique at this club. Also his position at Everton was different to what he's doing here. Oh and 'not deserving to be defended' doesn't even make sense. Bit weirdly timed rant, bad day at work or?

Status
Not open for further replies.