Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He was awful.

However, given our manager is determined to play awful football, he probably should have started. At least we would have had someone to hoof the ball at.

Of course actually playing football with quality technical footballer would be better again but feck all chance of that happening. This is Fellainitown.

jeff_goldblum

Brought stability when he came on and broke up Liverpool's attacks well early in the second half but he was woeful on the ball. He's not a player you want picking up the ball in the middle-3rd and trying to find killer passes. Our best chance of getting a result was get Mata and Martial on during that spell after half time where Liverpool were looking frustrated. Instead it was Fellaini, of all people, who was getting time on the ball for us in the middle of the park.

kiristao

I felt he did you exactly what is expected of him. He won headers in defense and attack. Liverpool didn't get at our CBs once he came on. He won most of the tackles in went into. He missed the long ball passes as that is not his game at all.
People might not like his style of play but he definitely plays to his full potential and expectation Everytime he plays.. now only if more of our players did the same, we would not be where we are at the moment..

Foxbatt

What did you expect from him? Killer passes in midfield and deft touches? From Fellaini? :lol:.
He should have been used up front and the balls played to him. He would definitely control the ball a lot better than Lukauku.

Mick321

He's one of the worst we've ever had. For me he's the symbol of our mediocrity now. Signed by a joke of a manager who was sacked and continues to play under another negative joke. Probably a bit harsh on him as he's done some decent things but I really resent him.

Renegade

When he renewed in the summer so many on here were saying he saves us money on a squad player and that he won’t play so it’s good business. Here we are in December and his near enough first choice in midfield. People surprised we don’t play exciting midfield with a target man in the heart of our midfield. I’m sure his best and most effective time at Everton was as some kind of support striker and not in midfield.

Reactions: Sultan

Bwuk

Woeful.

Honestly - what other top side has a midfielder as poor on the ball as a regular starter?

Devil may care

Can't pass water, bringing him on while Mata and Pogba sat on the bench and we already had 2 shithouse midfielders on the pitch sums up Mourinho's mentality.

m1tch

He's one of the worst we've ever had. For me he's the symbol of our mediocrity now. Signed by a joke of a manager who was sacked and continues to play under another negative joke. Probably a bit harsh on him as he's done some decent things but I really resent him.
I agree he's a symbol of our lack of quality in the squad these days, but what he isn't is a symbol of another thing this team lacks - desire to give everything on the pitch.

You can see he gives his all, regardless of how lukewarm the fans are to him, or how infrequently he starts games.

ice-bionic red

I don’t give a feck how hard he tries or that he always give 100%! I’d give 100% ffs! Doesn’t mean I’m good enough and Fellaini is not good enough! A fecking disaster signing this guy to a new deal! And he ain’t no scapegoat for me! He is one of many who is simply nowhere near good enough for this club!

I have friends who say that in some games he’s our best player! That’s the feckin problem! This guy is occasionally our best player! Who we signed to stay with us for a few more years!

None of the top teams in this league would take him. None! We are a feckin joke

AndyJ1985

Another abysmal player who only gets praised because he works hard. Seems that these days it's okay to be a shite footballer and play for United just as long as you're a trier.

Foxbatt

There are bigger problems than Fellaini. Matic for one. Lukaku for two. Only someone who is an imbecile or someone trying to commit an own goal would play Fellaini as the creative midfield player. Combine it with Matic and it doubles it.
If you play Fellaini then you have to play to his strengths. If we had taken Lukaku off and put Fellaini up front and have Martial and Rashford as runners we may have done something. The fact sometimes he is our best player is the problem of our set up and the tactics and the coaching. We should be able to play against most teams without using Fellaini.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He’d be better than Lukaku as the 9 I think. It’s uncanny how he can judge long passes and control them as much as it’s uncanny how bad Lukaku is at it.
So true. It always flies right over Lukaku, and he aimlessly jumps nowhere near it.

Or he'll stand about 5 yards behind the defender who ends up claiming the ball with ease.

He just has no idea where a ball is ever going to land.

Classical Mechanic

So true. It always flies right over Lukaku, and he aimlessly jumps nowhere near it.

Or he'll stand about 5 yards behind the defender who ends up claiming the ball with ease.

I thought that should have been the sub at half time. At least we would have got out sometimes.

Djemba-Djemba

He's a central midfielder who can't pass the ball.

I know he tries hard and he's scored some important goals, but I think it's embarrassing and shows how far we've declined that Fellaini has been here for 5 and a half years.

Robbie Boy

Ah, glad to see he's not still massively overrated on here and made out to be some sort of saviour.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He has his uses :D

I hadn't actually looked at the table lately, almost 20 points off top before Christmas... and more than 10 points off top 4

Foxbatt

The problem is not Fellaini but where he is being asked to play when he comes on. Most people would not probably mind this year if he comes on and goes up top instead of Lukaku and get those high balls to him. He will control and let others have it and most defenders cannot deal with him. Everyone has a problem when he comes on and plays with Matic in midfield. Most would be happy if we do not have to use him at all and the players on the pitch can do the business without him getting involved.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
The least press resistance player ever. Well, after Matteo Darmian. How anyone could think it was a good idea to bring him on against a team like Liverpool I have no idea. Some of his passing was an embarrassment. We’ll be shite for as long as he is at our club. You can’t play football with that in the side

red4ever 79

Good to see the switch again yesterday. Dalot will be punished and banished from the first team for the rest of the season for crossing over the half way line. How dare he. Good to see the big man come on and show us all how to take a shot and hit it with such accuracy that he is able to wipe out a steward, next to the CORNER FLAG!!!

Inept footballer, with the technical ability of a Lukapoo.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a very limited player who's useful when used in the right way, but playing in midfield in games like this is beyond stupid really.

Think it's time to move him on this summer, along with a few other players. His been here since Moyes and football all those years have been horrific, and Fellaini is a big part of that sadly.

red4ever 79

He's a very limited player who's useful when used in the right way, but playing in midfield in games like this is beyond stupid really.

Think it's time to move him on this summer, along with a few other players. His been here since Moyes and football all those years have been horrific, and Fellaini is a big part of that sadly.
Move him on.. Our wonderful manager and CEO gave this one a contract extension last summer, when he could have been released and forgotten about.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Move him on.. Our wonderful manager and CEO gave this one a contract extension last summer, when he could have been released and forgotten about.
That was all down to Mourinho though, he clearly rates him highly. Will be very interesting to see what the next manager decides to do with him, he does have his uses, but changing the way we play to play to his strength isn't good for a club like us.

Robbie Boy

That was all down to Mourinho though, he clearly rates him highly. Will be very interesting to see what the next manager decides to do with him, he does have his uses, but changing the way we play to play to his strength isn't good for a club like us.
If our next manager is progressive and wants to play modern attacking football, there will be absolutely no place for Fellaini. He isn't 'the worst' but the fact he's been here as long as he's been, says it all really....

Based Adnan

You know full well when the new manager comes in the likes of Fellaini, Jones, Young etc will all stay because the new manager will 'want to give everyone a fair shot' and once again we'll fail to clear the endless deadwood we've had for so long. We're stuck with this lump unfortunately.

AndyJ1985

He's a central midfielder who can't pass the ball.

I know he tries hard and he's scored some important goals, but I think it's embarrassing and shows how far we've declined that Fellaini has been here for 5 and a half years.
He's not a central midfielder. He's just a big lumbering battering ram that could do the same job in any position on the field. He has feck all technical ability and has no uses besides elbowing people and winning headers.

AndyJ1985

You know full well when the new manager comes in the likes of Fellaini, Jones, Young etc will all stay because the new manager will 'want to give everyone a fair shot' and once again we'll fail to clear the endless deadwood we've had for so long. We're stuck with this lump unfortunately.
If the new manager wants to give them lot time before he decides to bin them, we'll have made another bad choice of manager.

red4ever 79

If the new manager wants to give them lot time before he decides to bin them, we'll have made another bad choice of manager.
100% agree with you. Unfortunately you know that will be the case though. Whoever comes in next summer will have Smalling, Jones, Young Fellaini all sitting on shiny new contracts, and they will all be given an 'opportunity' to prove themselves, rinse and repeat.

snk123

Again, people being harsh on him. Many times he tried to play a simple pass to Lukaku but Lukaku had other ideas unsurprisingly. People are ridiculing him for his shot which anyone can mishit but are not looking at how he controlled the ball in between two defenders.

If the manager uses him well, he can be a very useful plan B but is there anything Mourinho is doing right these days? He should have taken off Lukaku and put Fellani up front with Martial.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Give it time, before long the Fele, Fellaz crowd will return.
If there was any chance of the Caf just losing the whole notion of factions, The Jose fanboys, the Pogba/ Fellaini/ Martial gang, whatever, that would be great. It's stinking the place up in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.