5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez7

He is the very anti thesis of what United represent. Having said that, I don't blame him for it - he has always performed this way and has obviously been fairly effective in certain systems.

The day we get rid of him will be the start of the turn around but unfortunately it will not be under this manager.

Sylar

Was weird bringing him on in that game when we werent putting balls into the box. In fact there was one time he tried to put a cross in iirc. I think hes kinda part of a package with Ashley young

Canagel

He's a terrible midfielder. Only a club like United would overlook players like Mata and Fred in favour of Fellaini . And he's pointless if Ashley Young isn't playing because no-one else will have the first thought to cross to him

Foxbatt

He's a terrible midfielder. Only a club like United would overlook players like Mata and Fred in favour of Fellaini . And he's pointless if Ashley Young isn't playing because no-one else will have the first thought to cross to him
Mata would have been useless as he will be just sprinting and others will be just jogging past him. Fellaini if used in the right way is much more effective than Mata in the PL.

stevoc

Mata would have been useless as he will be just sprinting and others will be just jogging past him. Fellaini if used in the right way is much more effective than Mata in the PL.
Not sure i agree with that, both players best position is basically in a free role behind the striker in a 4231. Both can play other positions yes but neither have excelled in those other positions during their United careers.

And in the free role behind the striker Mata is a better player and much more suited to the type of football we should be playing. Fellaini can be effective there but only sporadically, while Mata has barely had a run centrally. He played there earlier in the season and was very good but was shunted out wide again soon after.

Though i would say if Mata was brought on last night on the wing then i agree it would have been an equally useless substitution.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I bet you if you take the 20 best matches played by Manchester United since SAF retired then it involves Mata in more than half of them.

Fellaini has veeeery limited uses when he's not inside the box. He should be played as a striker or behind the striker if he's going to be played at all which is also mostly what Mourinho uses him for. He's good to have as a problem for the defenders to deal with when we need to apply pressure but the problem is that you're seeing Fellaini play it usually means we're not doing so well and that sums up his career with us.

Valencia 2:1 Man Utd

el3mel

Why the hell are we playing him as a CM ? He has proved loads of times he's only useful in both boxes. He should only play as attacking option. Fecking keep him away from middle of the park.

Foxbatt

Why the hell are we playing him as a CM ? He has proved loads of times he's only useful in both boxes. He should only play as attacking option. Fecking keep him away from middle of the park.
Exactly. He cannot play as a CM. He is only good up top or in defence in our box. Why didn't we push him up forward and bombard their box? Jose is an imbecile.

Based Adnan

That 'he always gives 100% and puts a shift in narrative' sure helped for their first goal. Lazy bumbling idiot.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He played like a not-very-good midfielder, which is what he is. Still, whatever.

Foxbatt

Shhhh Pogba is the lazy one. It must be his fault somehow.
He did create a sitter for Pogba who missed. He is useless as a CM. We all know that from experience. So why was he not pushed forward when it was the obvious choice? It is the fault of the Manager who has no clue now.

Ekeke

He worked hard to try and win the ball but he just doesnt have the positional awareness and responsibility to protect the defense. Probably still better than Matic in the position though which shows how low the standards have dropped

UncleBob

He worked hard to try and win the ball but he just doesnt have the positional awareness and responsibility to protect the defense. Probably still better than Matic in the position though which shows how low the standards have dropped
No.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
That 'he always gives 100% and puts a shift in narrative' sure helped for their first goal. Lazy bumbling idiot.
Fellaini was pressing the player putting the cross in and he still got closer to the goalscorere than Pogba :lol:

That goal was on Pogba not Fellaini

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I bet you if you take the 20 best matches played by Manchester United since SAF retired then it involves Mata in more than half of them.

Fellaini has veeeery limited uses when he's not inside the box. He should be played as a striker or behind the striker if he's going to be played at all which is also mostly what Mourinho uses him for. He's good to have as a problem for the defenders to deal with when we need to apply pressure but the problem is that you're seeing Fellaini play it usually means we're not doing so well and that sums up his career with us.
Funnily enough, you'd find Fella in plenty of them.

Dan_F

Imagine thinking that Felliani is a good option to play in front of the back four in Europe. I kind of get it against the likes of Burnley, but honestly it was so unnecessary.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Until what?
I am counting Fellaini's cycle of 1 good game in 10 where he scores some decent or important goal which makes his fans raise their voice about how important he is to this team and laugh to anyone who criticise him, only for him to show absolutely nothing in next ten games whether starting or coming on as a sub, and wasting our attacking substition for a player that changes our style of football to constant hoofing and actually ruin our chances of winning games.

I actually didn't count well, it's seven more games.

Yeah, but wait for another ten games after which he will make a difference in one game, and then we'll talk how important he is to this team.
Fellaini cycle:
- comes in couple of games as a super sub,
- scores after few games(his goalscoring record is far from great, even though many would make you think he scores every time he comes on even though he scores about one goal per season)
- everyone lauds him as a hero saying he should be starting.
- Starts next game, we usually put terrible display with people defending him that he was being played out of position(despite no one actually knowing his best position)
- people start mentioning Moyes and LvG for some reason, whether to defend Fellaini or criticise him
- back on the bench.

Rinse and repeat.

Roboc7

He has his moments but it’s been proven over 5 and a half seasons he isn’t good enough. Still though he got a pay rise, a two year contract and continues to start games. Sums up why the club is a mess and same can and will be said about others in this squad as well.

Kostur

海尔的老板
For the goal he's been covering for somebody who's been missing on the left-handside of the field, guess who didn't track back and Fellaini had to switch from the right to the left.

He's also created the best chance for our team before the goal, one that should've been an assist if somebody didn't feck it up royally. Other than that he's been better than other 'midfielders' we had on yesterday, which doesn't really say much as we were tumescent as shit.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
No I will not. If you're noticing Fellaini during a match it means the team is playing badly.
Sure. Can't be arsed to check and verify but I did think about this long time ago back when Fella was deemed useless on here and I came up with close to 10 of our best games since Fergie which he started. Needless to say there aren't many of those, hence I said he featured in 'plenty' of our good showings.

Liverpool 3:1 Man Utd

NinjaFletch

I don't think there's much that sums us up more than taking off an attacking full back for a fecking tree at half time. Proceeded to then stink up the joint and assassinate a steward sitting by the corner flag with a fecking shot at goal.

Kag

Will be praised for winning a few headers. That’s the metric used to assess his performances.

Roboc7

Terrible again, felt like he played more passes to Liverpool players than to his own teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.