Martial agent looking for a new club for him

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
bye... I won't miss you! He'll never be a top goalscorer in a top league. Some good moments but as much chance of me getting 20 league goals a season as he doing so

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Sometimes I forget he even plays for us ngl

MiceOnMeth

bye... I won't miss you! He'll never be a top goalscorer in a top league. Some good moments but as much chance of me getting 20 league goals a season as he doing so
I will miss him, at least I'll miss on form Martial. I think he could be great for a Lyon/Villarreal/Monchengladbach type club but yeah not cut out for Europes elite.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Martial can be anything he wants to be. Think it’s too early to get rid.

Judas

Open to offers
He's 25, not 20 :lol: He's been consistently the same in his time here, beyond that one season where his numbers were higher. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it came out one day that he doesn't really like football, he's just good at it. He wouldn't be the first professional footballer like that, not slagging him off for it either, but might explain a few things.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Apologies for the rant

I’ve always felt and I especially feel it now the way Joel followed Florentino into the super league or how we are linked with every player there who wants a new contract.…. We’ve somehow, while still massively overspending and wasting, become like the annoying little brother of real. Constantly sniffing around their cast offs like it’s the best our scouts can do. Giving them martial for a year for a few million while they save up for Mbappe or Haaland is just like something we’d do.

Surely while we and the other top PL clubs have the slight upper hand we should be trying to surpass them and be extra aggressive in cornering the next generation of leading players. The same way Real have done to the rest of us repeatedly. We will probably be here this time next year getting Martial back after a year of being a squad player and chatting about giving Cavani mata and Matic new deals and all while wondering why we don’t win stuff anymore.

Last edited:

rooney2009

By the time he was signed Cole had already proven he was a reliable goal scorer. In parts he was playing well, he just couldn't put the ball away. Thankfully Neil Ruddock sorted that out by realigning his legs.

Martial hasn't proven anything to anyone to be given the benefit of any doubt here. The day he was walking against Sheffield Utd while the team was losing and the game went on around him is the last time he should have played for the club.
Lukaku was also a proven striker when He came here and wasn’t really given a proper chance after a bad spell..He now is one of the best strikers in the world
We always seem to pick on players especially in the last few years to blame for our recent failures
Players like Blind,Young and Lingard come to mind
I’m sure when Martial leaves,He will be a success at a club like PSG

Red00012

This season he’s chosen to be rubbish and Le Sulk.
I think it’s a rubbish story anyway, he’ll be described like a new signing pre season when he bangs in a few v L2 opposition after his disappointing one last season.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Shame it won't happen. He will stay here for two more years only to be offloaded for 10-15 mil if we're lucky before his contracts end. Ole and Fletch should act as ruthlessly as possible though, if we have any chance a player is not happy and his agent pushes for a move, we should absolutely use that, 20mil and him off the wage bill would be a good business now for a desinterested average player who's more and more injured these days..

Him and Lingard could generate more thanhalf for Sancho deal alone so we should use that as we need two more top players in CB and CDM and they won't be cheap either.

Rojofiam

17 PL goals in the 2019/2020 season, but yeah he doesn't have a chance to get 20 :rolleyes:

Nori-

If we get £40m plus have to subsidize his wages for 2 years......we've done well.

He's notoriously inconsistent and to this day still doesn't have a position you can say he's great at.

Some people are saying we should get £60m? Based on what? Timo Werner joined Chelsea on the back of a excellent season in Germany for £53m. Aubameyang at his peak joined Arsenal for £56m.

We should have sold last summer but that's too late now. Lets cut our loses and get a world class replacement.

Oranges038

Lukaku was also a proven striker when He came here and wasn’t really given a proper chance after a bad spell..He now is one of the best strikers in the world
We always seem to pick on players especially in the last few years to blame for our recent failures
Players like Blind,Young and Lingard come to mind
I’m sure when Martial leaves,He will be a success at a club like PSG
The one thing I will say is that Blind, Young and Lingard at the very least tried when they were on the pitch. Lukaku and Martial had periods where they may as well been sitting in an armchair on the pitch watching the game go on.

Martial has had enough chances. There's obviously something the manager and those at the club see in a player that we don't. You can see on the pitch Martial doesn't look arsed half the time, if he's like that every day in training and he can't motivate himself and sort his shit out to play football for 250k a week, then he just needs to go.

Same as for Lukaku, he had enough chances, it was clear he wanted to leave and had no interest in playing for the club. Really are better off without guys like that stinking up the place.

That's his main problem. He lacks the dedication and desire to be anything more than he was when he joined. He has not really improved as a player.

Ali Dia

Er...no, no we have not.
Varane, Ramos, supposedly back in for Ronaldo every year… Di Maria, jumping in for VBD when the real deal fell apart… I’m sure there’s been plenty more serious links than that. we are always there as a backup option for players Real don’t need anymore/won’t break their wage structure for and they (and Barca) in turn are free to take the next crop of best players in the world. It’s a pretty one sided relationship if you want to call it that. If we want to be the best we need to change our mentality and actually compete with the Spanish teams for wages and whatever else to get these players on the way up instead of down. I’m not saying we should be totally financially irresponsible like they have been but we also seem to know our place in the food chain a little too well.

Highfather_24

I will miss him, at least I'll miss on form Martial. I think he could be great for a Lyon/Villarreal/Monchengladbach type club but yeah not cut out for Europes elite.
He is not a midtable player. Yes he is not good enough for Bayern/City/Madrid maybe, but any Europa league team or CL aspiring team would be a great fit for him. Like he would be great at Dortmund or Milan. Talks like "he will never cut it at a top league" are just laughable(not aimed at you).

People forget he had 35G+A just the season before in PL. He is just 25. Dont write him off because he had a bad season folks.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Varane, Ramos, supposedly back in for Ronaldo every year… Di Maria, jumping in for VBD when the real deal fell apart… I’m sure there’s been plenty more serious links than that. we are always there as a backup option for players Real don’t need anymore/won’t break their wage structure for and they (and Barca) in turn are free to take the next crop of best players in the world. It’s a pretty one sided relationship if you want to call it that. If we want to be the best we need to change our mentality and actually compete with the Spanish teams for wages and whatever else to get these players on the way up instead of down. I’m not saying we should be totally financially irresponsible like they have been but we also seem to know our place in the food chain a little too well.
Of those examples only Di Maria has any substantial relation to your point and his career trajectory was still an upward one at the time we signed him. The rest are rumours likely put out by the player's agents for leverage during contract talks. With respect to VDB it's rumoured that his move to Real broke down due to COVID putting their finances in the shitter and then we came in and competed with them for the player's signature, just as you'd like us to.

So only one cast off, and a debateable one at that (cast off because Perez thought he was ugly and unmarketable). Makes your rant seem a little misinformed/ biased/agenda-ish.

Ali Dia

Of those examples only Di Maria has any substantial relation to your point. The rest are rumours likely put out by the player's agents for leverage during contract talks. With respect to VDB it's rumoured that his move to Real broke down due to COVID putting their finances in the shitter and then we came in and competed with them for the player's signature, just as you'd like us to.

So only one cast off. Makes your rant seem a little misinformed/ biased/agenda-ish.
It sounds to me like we’ve been in touch with Ramos Ronaldo and Varane through the years too. If there’s no smoke without fire and all that. I don’t have an agenda. I just think if we are spending as much as these guys then where are our CL challenges? We aren’t getting value for money. Real I’m sure had a crazy wage bill but they were surely getting value for money until very recently. Now they’ve to rebuild. Think longer term. Let’s not help them get back so far ahead of us again so easily. I guess that’s the point I’m trying to make.

Highfather_24

People rag on Martial for his workrate and "sulking"(not a unnatural claim tbh), but I dont see the same energy for Rashford who off late has been just as lazy.

Anyway, dont wanna turn this into a debate. If we are selling him, we definitely need to buy a CF. Cant go into next season just relying on Cavani. If he's out for 3 months, we are fecked. Really fecked. We already need to buy a CM, CB, RW and RB.

That's why I prefer to keep Martial for another season and then sell him and buy a CF.

Dr. Dwayne

It sounds to me like we’ve been in touch with Ramos Ronaldo and Varane through the years too. If there’s no smoke without fire and all that. I don’t have an agenda. I just think if we are spending as much as these guys then where are our CL challenges? We aren’t getting value for money. Real I’m sure had a crazy wage bill but they were surely getting value for money until very recently. Now they’ve to rebuild. Think longer term. Let’s not help them get back so far ahead of us again so easily. I guess that’s the point I’m trying to make.
Ramos and other similar stories pop up every window just about, so I don't believe them. Varane seemed credible this time because I know the club likes him, but the breaking bit today about him wanting to go back to France suggests that him sigining for us was never an option, just more unsubstantiated media frenzy to generate clicks.

No issue with the rest of your post above. We definitely aren't getting value for money. Perhaps we should have signed more of Madrid's cast offs over the years? Imagine if we had gone back in for Robben at, what, 25 million Euro?

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
I saw his debut when he scored 2 vs Poo and thought "wow, we've got a player here"! He's had some cracking game since too of course, and when he's in the mood (which usually coincides with having Rashford playing on his left) he can be amazing.

My biggest worry is that he seems to be the only (forward) player who ISNT learning from Cavani. Rash & Mason are clearly studying the master and improving as a result. He doesnt (imo) seemt to have taken anything on board, which seems really odd. I wont be crying if he leaves, but equally I'd like him to stay and become a proper, consistent, striker for us

Ali Dia

Ramos and other similar stories pop up every window just about, so I don't believe them. Varane seemed credible this time because I know the club likes him, but the breaking bit today about him wanting to go back to France suggests that him sigining for us was never an option, just more unsubstantiated media frenzy to generate clicks.

No issue with the rest of your post above. We definitely aren't getting value for money. Perhaps we should have signed more of Madrid's cast offs over the years? Imagine if we had gone back in for Robben at, what, 25 million Euro?
There’s Robben, Sneijder, Ozil and Di Maria who’ve been class but you can’t argue that they didn’t reinvest whatever money they got very well indeed. They aren’t afraid to let go of world class players who don’t fit or who want bigger wages than they are worth. We’d probably still have a few of those mentioned above on the books if we’d signed them back in the day.

Dr. Dwayne

There’s Robben, Sneijder, Ozil and Di Maria who’ve been class but you can’t argue that they didn’t reinvest whatever money they got very well indeed. They aren’t afraid to let go of world class players who don’t fit or who want bigger wages than they are worth. We’d probably still have a few of those mentioned above on the books if we’d signed them back in the day.
Sure but of those we were only sniffing around Di Maria, and even that seemed like a last minute decision by Woodward. I think our fans would have loved it if we'd signed any of those names you listed at the time Madrid let them go.

We do not need to worry about labels such as cast off, etc. We need to sign the right players and not let any weird prejudice creep into the decision making.

Ali Dia

Sure but of those we were only sniffing around Di Maria, and even that seemed like a last minute decision by Woodward. I think our fans would have loved it if we'd signed any of those names you listed at the time Madrid let them go.

We do not need to worry about labels such as cast off, etc. We need to sign the right players and not let any weird prejudice creep into the decision making.
I guess my personal preference is for the generational young players that real usually go for instead of taking players who’ve already won it all and on monster wages by the time real are done with them. You’re correct though. Sweeping generalisations like mine would have probably stopped us from signing Robben and I’ve always loved him as a player since the Kenyon days. I’d absolutely have taken him. Someone like Di Maria would then serve as an expensive warning for the counter argument.

Dr. Dwayne

I guess my personal preference is for the generational young players that real usually go for instead of taking players who’ve already won it all and on monster wages by the time real are done with them. You’re correct though. Sweeping generalisations like mine would have probably stopped us from signing Robben and I’ve always loved him as a player since the Kenyon days. I’d absolutely have taken him. Someone like Di Maria would then serve as an expensive warning for the counter argument.
Di Maria is a tough one. Obviously an incredible player but culturally probably a bad fit (not in a negative way, just didn't seem to take to England...perhaps because his missus didn't like it but that's a tough one to address in negotiations, "we'd love to sign you Angel but is your wife ok with it?" :lol: would probably go over as well as forgetting Yaya Toure's birthday)

Ali Dia

Di Maria is a tough one. Obviously an incredible player but culturally probably a bad fit (not in a negative way, just didn't seem to take to England...perhaps because his missus didn't like it but that's a tough one to address in negotiations, "we'd love to sign you Angel but is your wife ok with it?" :lol: would probably go over as well as forgetting Yaya Toure's birthday)
:lol:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I imagine his agent wants to move him on, but I don't think we have any intention of selling. There's never been any indication we'd entertain the idea, so unless his agent comes up with a whopping PSG offer, he's staying.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Rumour is chelsea will see him as fall back option if haaland or Lukaku not materialised. Chelsea hierarchy felt he will be alternative and less expensive around 35 mn.

Tuchel too fan of his style of play who has pace and ability to move left wing and striker position in and around run the channel type and can be good partner for Werner as perfect foil.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Rumour is chelsea will see him as fall back option if haaland or Lukaku not materialised. Chelsea hierarchy felt he will be alternative and less expensive around 35 mn.

Tuchel too fan of his style of play who has pace and ability to move left wing and striker position in and around run the channel type and can be good partner for Werner as perfect foil.
There is absolutely zero chance we would sell you martial for 35m

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well he scored 17 league goals in 2019/20, so i'd say he has a little more chance than you.