Martial agent looking for a new club for him

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
There is absolutely zero chance we would sell you martial for 35m
I didn't say it's true but rumour is going around and player is not happy with not getting game time.

He personally got frustrated for not going to euros because of limited game time at the end of season. Of course it's all rumour though.

MrBest

Happy for him to go, special talent, bags of potential but does not have the hunger or the attitude to realise it. I don't think we need to replace him, if sancho comes in then it's fine, right wing we have Greenwood, Sancho, James, Amad, left wing we have Rashford, Pogba, James, Amad, upfront we have Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood and Amad. 6 attackers for 3 positions I feel is enough with each very versatile. If we were to get anyone, it would be a back up striker, I'd like Toney from Brentford.

SATA

Madrid love signing their galaticos, so i hope there’s a chance they’ll take him off us. He’s still a star name in world football

UnRational

I certainly wouldn't give a feck if he went tomorrow, sick of watching him half arseing it through games when he plays.
Think it was against Sheffield United where he was just walking about, plus I'm not even sure he's been missed that much anyway.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Martial can be anything he wants to be. Think it’s too early to get rid.
He's 26 later this year, so he isn't a young kid anymore, but he just hasn't blossomed into anything like the player that he has the ability to be.
Personally, I believe the time has come to part ways, get a decent fee for him and reinvest it, or better still, use him as a part exchange, and as a team we would be better off.

Scholsey2004

Well he scored 17 league goals in 2019/20, so i'd say he has a little more chance than you.
When someone says '20 goal a season striker' they dont mean a striker who scores 20 in a season once in his career. If he was going to be a top player he'd be putting up consistent numbers and performances. Hes 25 now and he isnt, he's not even a first choice player. He's got absolutely nothing like the right mentality to be one of the backup players either. He needs moving on.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I didn't say it's true but rumour is going around and player is not happy with not getting game time.

He personally got frustrated for not going to euros because of limited game time at the end of season. Of course it's all rumour though.
He was out injured and we ended up playing the likes of Shoretaire because our starters needed a break.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
This has been his worst season at Utd. He missed sitter after sitter, awful body language, blaming every other player on the pitch whilst taking no responability on his shoulders. A disgrace really. I can't imagine another club would want to buy him. A loan deal might be best so he doesn't stink Old Trafford out next season.

CG1010

He wasn't fit (atleast reportedly) so can't complain about gametime. In fact we could have used him during the cramped up schedule at the end. Can't see him having complaints about not getting chances to be honest. Under Ole he has been given the main striker role and even in the last season he was given lots of opportunities.

OL29

This has been his worst season at Utd. He missed sitter after sitter, awful body language, blaming every other player on the pitch whilst taking no responability on his shoulders. A disgrace really. I can't imagine another club would want to buy him. A loan deal might be best so he doesn't stink Old Trafford out next season.
Where do people get this stuff from? :lol:

jackal&hyde

Vdb is definitely staying, we haven’t seen the best of him yet.

probably martial will stay at least one more season, but it surely has to be make or break for him
Yes, it could be his last chance. Though next season Cavani is gone so do we let two strikers go in one summer? Unless we get a very good offer I can see him staying for a bit.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yes, it could be his last chance. Though next season Cavani is gone so do we let two strikers go in one summer? Unless we get a very good offer I can see him staying for a bit.
You'd hope Greenwood and Amad would be further on, so we'd only need to buy one striker

DavelinaJolie

It's time to move on regardless, at this point. It would probably be best for him to have a change of scenery, an for Utd to find a more consistent replacement.

Rauður Djöfull

Will always love that goal on his debut against Liverpool, he really has shown some glimpses of brilliance and the talent he has but severely lacking in mentality to become what he could. Was so excited about him, it's sad to think that now it's hard to care and I am leaning more towards it being best to get rid and try make some money to use on transfers or as part of deals if possible, offer him plus cash to Real M for Varane or him plus a lot of cash to Dortmund for Haaland haha (fantasy land I know)

Scholsey2004

Will always love that goal on his debut against Liverpool, he really has shown some glimpses of brilliance and the talent he has but severely lacking in mentality to become what he could. Was so excited about him, it's sad to think that now it's hard to care and I am leaning more towards it being best to get rid and try make some money to use on transfers or as part of deals if possible, offer him plus cash to Real M for Varane or him plus a lot of cash to Dortmund for Haaland haha (fantasy land I know)
Yeah, hes not exactly Dortmund's profile of signing. They target players on an upward curve, not players on big wages with a relaxed attitude to their own progression. Inter Milan seem to do well with that kind of player. Alas, rumour is theyre potless.

Scholsey2004

Madrid love signing their galaticos, so i hope there’s a chance they’ll take him off us. He’s still a star name in world football
Im not sure how he can be classed as a galactico when he isnt a first choice for his club or his country. He didnt even make the France squad did he?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Im not sure how he can be classed as a galactico when he isnt a first choice for his club or his country. He didnt even make the France squad did he?
Quite hard to make the squad when you've been injured for months in fairness.
Plus it's not exactly a weak squad.

Makes me laugh, oh he doesn't even make the international team. People did it for Herrera when Spain had an insane midfield too.
It's not like he's not making Scotland or San Marino squads

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Not sure if serious, nobody rated him outside United, big star probably 4 years ago and shred of it last year, but after this year... wouldn't be shocked if he somehow ended with teams like West Ham.

Awful attitude, all those talents wasted.

Craig Ward

Patience well and truly done with him.

He wanted to be the main man - we have it to him. He done ok for one season and atrociously this.

He's been here years - he's never going to get better, only worse. Cavani showed in half a season more know how, goal threat and workrate than Martial has in 5 seasons.

As other posters have already said - he's not got the mentality to be a back up and fight for his place. He's done here - get him gone.

romufc

He is a good player if you want to fight for top 4, will score you goals in patches.

If we want to win the league, players like him are useless. He is not consistent enough to be able to cement a place. Any little change, he starts to sulk which is not what we want.

I would rather see him gone this summer.

spiriticon

Martial must be the only striker where 17 league goals gives people a massive boner. Jamie Vardy does that in his sleep. Martial can't even displace Olivier bloody Giroud in the French squad for years now.

Lets not call him a Galactico please.

DFreshKing

A big shame. I love is footwork and dribbling ability. He can also be a deadly finisher but it always appears he is too cool for school. Hoped he was going to be our modern forward for a decade but it looks like the club might have lost patience with him.

Tallis

I actually don’t think his dribbling is that good. It looks great when it comes off but more often then not he looses possession. The best part about him is his finishing when he is in form. Unfortunately the periods during which he is in form tend to be short so impact over a session is not enough.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Do Bayern need a back up centre forward? Can we do a straight swap with them for Coman? Push Greenwood into the centre forward position with Cavani. Rashford/Sancho/Coman/Amad/James as our wide options.

Mani

Do Bayern need a back up centre forward? Can we do a straight swap with them for Coman? Push Greenwood into the centre forward position with Cavani. Rashford/Sancho/Coman/Amad/James as our wide options.
Barca might be interested, sell him and get De Jong.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What I find shocking is how below average he seems when playing for France.

I mean he isnt great but he has been a decent to good player at United every once in a while - for France though he is really meh.

It's one of the main reasons I dont like Giggs as much after his ideas of signing Dan James and Martial.

Scholsey2004

Quite hard to make the squad when you've been injured for months in fairness.
Plus it's not exactly a weak squad.

Makes me laugh, oh he doesn't even make the international team. People did it for Herrera when Spain had an insane midfield too.
It's not like he's not making Scotland or San Marino squads
So whats your interpretation of a 'galactico' then? Nobody in their right minds would describe Herrera as a galactico either. Galactico's are world class signings like Zidane, Ronaldo etc. Not players who are just good.

Tony247

I highly doubt any top tier team would sign Martial.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So whats your interpretation of a 'galactico' then? Nobody in their right minds would describe Herrera as a galactico either. Galactico's are world class signings like Zidane, Ronaldo etc. Not players who are just good.
What's a galactico got to do with anything i'm saying pal?
Did you respond to the wrong person?

JanK

Supports
Napoli
The one thing I truly dislike about United's principles is keeping the players too long on the books.

Of course new signing might need 2, maximum 3 seasons to adapt and develop IF the question is in adaptation and the quirks of the league/competitions etc, BUT if player's mindset stays at the same low and won't show any progress, then why bother? Sell the player, get him off the books and buy a replacement who wants to wear the shirt and become the best. Mentality>skills. Talent without determination and motivation is nothing.

I am an entrepreneur myself and it's so hard for me to understand the board, as your "employees"/footballers are the ones who make the difference where it matters. And when you feel that they are half-arsed and lack the mindset, then you axe them. Not wait for 3+ years for some magical moment to happen. Like.... why? Time is so precious and limited resource.

It'd be so much easier to do that like we do hiring in "regular" life: hire, observe and when you feel that there's no fit, axe the employee and replace one. You don't give one 5 years and hope for the best. It's just so stupid approach.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Lukaku was also a proven striker when He came here and wasn’t really given a proper chance after a bad spell..He now is one of the best strikers in the world
We always seem to pick on players especially in the last few years to blame for our recent failures
Players like Blind,Young and Lingard come to mind
I’m sure when Martial leaves,He will be a success at a club like PSG
To be fair Lukaku was our primary striker and had plenty of opportunities to nail that position down for years to come. I still remember his atrocious first touch and appalling lack of movement as he would just stand in one spot and expect the service to come to him.

I have no idea why he's firing on all cylinders for Conte but perhaps Lukaku was part of the malaise that surrounded the club, and maybe still does, with mention of cliques etc