Martial agent looking for a new club for him

Jackal981

How da fack does 36 yo ronaldo ran faster and looks more agile than martial. He looks so heavy, slow and clunky

cyberman

If he plays it needs to be from the left again. Saying that he plays well in a front 2 for France but he doesnt deserve the chance

FatTails

Like Memphis, there is a good player in here. Not as good as the promise was when he signed, not as good as he thinks he is, but a good player nonetheless.

Like Memphis, he needs to leave and go elsewhere. It’s not going to happen for him here. It all started going wrong under Mourinho and he never recovered (unlike Shaw).

pascell

Like Memphis, there is a good player in here. Not as good as the promise was when he signed, not as good as he thinks he is, but a good player nonetheless.

Like Memphis, he needs to leave and go elsewhere. It’s not going to happen for him here. It all started going wrong under Mourinho and he never recovered (unlike Shaw).
Never recovered because he doesn't have the right mentality. Easy enough blaming Mourinho but that was 4 years ago, Martial just doesn't have IT to fulfil his potential.

FatTails

Never recovered because he doesn't have the right mentality. Easy enough blaming Mourinho but that was 4 years ago, Martial just doesn't have IT to fulfil his potential.
Oh I’m blaming Mourinho for what happened when Mourinho was here. Since Ole joined, that was a clean slate and the rest is on Martial. Shaw showed what is possible.

Lentwood

Taking the piss a little bit now. I think there are many of us on here who are sad at how this is turning out.

I was in the stadium when he scored on his debut, I was at Wembley when he scored the late winner against Everton in the cup semi-final. There seemed to be so much goodwill towards him and you could see the talent was immense.

For whatever reason, since then he seems to have convinced himself (or been convinced) that he is a CF. The man is about as much a CF as David Beckham or Ryan Giggs. He's a scorer of good goals, not a goalscorer. His movement is totally the opposite of what you need in a lone CF. He lacks the aggression and the desire to occupy CBs. His positioning at cut-backs and crosses is almost comically bad.

hobbers

His goose was already cooked here before this game.

Doesn't deserve any minutes over anyone. Rock bottom of the pecking order below Elanga and Amad when hes fit.

Bwuk

Times up.

He’s 5th choice striker, behind Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood & Rashford.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Cash in on him and give Elanga his spot, simple. He's of absolute no use to this team. Wish him all the best but he's done here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As big an admirer of his as I was, it feels like his time his nearly done. I said this season was his last chance and he doesn't seem to have it anymore.

It's a real shame given his ability but it is what it is

This is the hardest part to be honest.
We could bear part of his wages if we're willing to let him go for a reasonable fee? Obviously not too reasonable as he's still very talented.

RedDevil@84

At this point, we are just hoping that he will show some desire to play regularly and leave, rather than staying on bench and collecting cheques and waiting to see if United offer him a new contract "to protect the value"

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
As big an admirer of his as I was, it feels like his time his nearly done. I said this season was his last chance and he doesn't seem to have it anymore.

It's a real shame given his ability but it is what it is

We could bear part of his wages if we're willing to let him go for a reasonable fee? Obviously not too reasonable as he's still very talented.
He did not show his talent or ability on the pitch for the past 18 months or so. His lack of off the ball movement as a forward/wide forward is an issue and his wages is another big issue. It is not easy to move on unwanted players on high wages nowadays. As an arsenal fan I won't take him because he didn't work hard enough as arsenal against top 4 team we no longer have the possession anymore. We can't carry a player like that, let alone his big wages.

hobbers

Even if he took a big wage cut, say £50k a week. I dont see any clubs rocking up with £30m and £10m+ per season in wages for him.

Best offer we'll get is probably some Bale-esque loan move with an option to buy. And we'll still be paying half his wages.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
There goes the myth that he will be amazing coming from the bench… he does not have the right attitude and it shows. Should have sold him in the summer

Water Melon

We will have to decrease our price for Martial as he is on big wages and woefully out of form. Horrific combo for a decent sale.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He did not show his talent or ability on the pitch for the past 18 months or so. His lack of off the ball movement as a forward/wide forward is an issue and his wages is another big issue. It is not easy to move on unwanted players on high wages nowadays. As an arsenal fan I won't take him because he didn't work hard enough as arsenal against top 4 team we no longer have the possession anymore. We can't carry a player like that, let alone his big wages.
Absolutely. He without a shadow of doubt is immensely gifted but his game has fallen apart from that period, which is why selling him being the best outcome for us, is a shame. Completely wasting his career.

Kopral Jono

For such a talented footballer it pains me to see that he's become utterly rubbish at football due to chronic laziness. it's time for Elanga to step up.

afatzp

Martial would need strict coaching to lose weight, get fit and enhance stamina level. Ole's approach that "place trust on player and they will pay back to it" just proves not working on Martial because he lacks self-driven mindset. He still got the skills in his feet, but just not fit enough to beat his opponent anymore, like the 39 year-old fat Ronaldo. It just looks like he get tired very easily, not that he did not want to run, it's like he just can't now.

If Ole did not see it, I actually doubt Ole's man management as it indicates he could not apply different approaches to different players. Lukaku also suffered similar situation before he left: overweight and lost agility, hardly made run behind defend line. Inter found out the issue right after he joined . diagnosed his digestive problem and pushed him to lose weight. That just the world-class coaching team would be able to do.

Martial already run of out the benefits of the doubt and he definitely should share most part of the blame for his underperformance. However, I don't see our coaching team help out and provide any effective solution. It seems all they have tried so far is to throw him on the pitch to show the trust and let him pick up the form. On the other side if coaching team have tried all solutions and nothing works , they should make their mind by now that Martial is done and should not waste further game time on him. Tell his agent to look for new club or he will warm the bench until it melts.

redmanx

He has a 250k per week contract until 2024. We cannot force him to move and accept a lower wage at another club if he does not want to - and it would be problematic to find a club willing to pay him that. It is prohibitively high for the clubs likely to be interested in him (I suppose it is the likes of Lyon or Italian clubs).
I know what youre saying and its the clubs fault for throwing these contracts around like confetti to dead wood like Martial, Jones, and others. Its a football club not a charity.

pascell

Should've been sold in summer. I'm not sure what Oles thinking is in keeping so many attacking players, Sancho, Rashford, Lingard, Cavani, Ronaldo, Greenwood, there's six there that would get ahead of Martial and there's only three positions. That's without considering Elanga, it's complete overkill.

redmanx

Not if it's Martial wanting to leave, rather than the club wanting him gone, it isn't.
Hes paid £250.000 a week to basically play 45 minutes every now and then and contribute nothing. We should have sold him the minute another club showed an interest in him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Does Martial look like a type of player who wants to play regularly? If not then he will not push for a move and be happy enough staying in here collecting his 250k p.w.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
In all seriousness, what’s happened him? He looks a shadow of the player he once was. Looks heavier too. Can’t all be laziness surely!?

at the current rate of decline he will end up like Sanchez which would be a shame because on his day he’s fantastic

Crustanoid

He’s a drain on our resources, and when he plays, on the whole team. We need rid of him ASAP. How long is his contact? Are we going to be stuck with him? Even worse, young players like Elanga who clearly give 1000000 times more of a fvck and actually try to play well are also losing out. Another indication of the terrible club policy of keeping and actively rewarding substandard dross

crossy1686

career ending
In all seriousness, what’s happened him? He looks a shadow of the player he once was. Looks heavier too. Can’t all be laziness surely!?

at the current rate of decline he will end up like Sanchez which would be a shame because on his day he’s fantastic
Not sure. He's insisted he's a 9, despite all his managers saying he's not, even Solskjaer said he lacks a strikers instinct and won't break his nose for a goal. Maybe he's trying to bulk up and become that classic back to goal forward? Either way, whatever he's done to his game it's ruined him, he should go back to France where he probably still has some goodwill.