Martial agent looking for a new club for him

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Jones wouldnt be the first player to be sold while still having a couple of years on his contract, and yes he signed a new contract at the end of 2018/19 so he cant have many years left on it; 3 at the most but probably 2 as I dont think even United would have given him a 5 year contract aged 27 with his fitness record. Ole became permanent manager March 2019,
Phil Jones signed his contract 8th February 2019, so seven weeks before Ole was given the role permanently. I'm sure Ole would have been asked for his opinion but there would have been a couple of people above him in the decision making process. It goes until the end of 2023 with an option for a further year, so yes two more years if we don't take the option.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/phil-jones-signs-new-contract-with-manchester-united

MadDogg

I like Martial, however, the problem is that United already has 3 of him in Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood. Great for cutting in from the wing. Can use his speed to get around that 1 v. 1 defender. However, none of them can make space for themselevs in a crowded box. Canvani is the only forward with the ability to create his own space. Send Martial out next season and grab Haaland.
As a winger, I'd agree to some extent. The four of them have obvious similarities, although Sancho is more of a creator than the others.

Martial (if he can get back into form) is far better as a striker than any of them though. The hope is that Greenwood will continue developing that side of his game, but he hasn't shown anything close to an on-form Martial in that position yet. Hell I'd take 19/20 Martial over anything Cavani has shown for us so far.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
As a winger, I'd agree to some extent. The four of them have obvious similarities, although Sancho is more of a creator than the others.

Martial (if he can get back into form) is far better as a striker than any of them though. The hope is that Greenwood will continue developing that side of his game, but he hasn't shown anything close to an on-form Martial in that position yet. Hell I'd take 19/20 Martial over anything Cavani has shown for us so far.
I wouldn't.

Cavani had a goal contribution once every 95 minutes last season.
Martial had a goal contribution once every 102 minutes in 20/21.

Cavani also has 2-3 times the workrate of Martial and he's also a great character (vocal on the pitch/leader)

MadDogg

I wouldn't.

Cavani had a goal contribution once every 95 minutes last season.
Martial had a goal contribution once every 102 minutes in 20/21.

Cavani also has 2-3 times the workrate of Martial and he's also a great character (vocal on the pitch/leader)
Cavani started last season only an option off the bench as he was poor when he started, was in and out of the team through injury and the suspension, and was just starting to look good as a starter when he got injured again. It was really only in the final two months of the season where he really started doing consistently well. Before that his contribution to our season had been very average.

Martial also had the great two months at the end of the 19/20 season (being our best player towards the end as we pushed into the CL positions), but he was much better and more consistent over the rest of the season. Being only slightly behind in average goal contributions despite playing far more (especially in the league) isn't really a big deal. He's also better at holding up the ball and bringing others into the game. Obviously Cavani does have the better workrate and movement around the box though, but it's not clear cut between them.

The way I look at it, would Cavani's 20/21 have been considered out best performer in 19/20? Definitely not.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Cavani started last season only an option off the bench as he was poor when he started, was in and out of the team through injury and the suspension, and was just starting to look good as a starter when he got injured again. It was really only in the final two months of the season where he really started doing consistently well. Before that his contribution to our season had been very average.

Martial also had the great two months at the end of the 19/20 season (being our best player towards the end as we pushed into the CL positions), but he was much better and more consistent over the rest of the season. Being only slightly behind in average goal contributions despite playing far more (especially in the league) isn't really a big deal. He's also better at holding up the ball and bringing others into the game. Obviously Cavani does have the better workrate and movement around the box though, but it's not clear cut between them.

The way I look at it, would Cavani's 20/21 have been considered out best performer in 19/20? Definitely not.
"Hell I'd take 19/20 Martial over anything Cavani has shown for us so far"

Cavani has shown some spectacular stuff (that goal on the halfway line comes to mind, which is something every forward tries a few times in their career, but only very few actually make it), is a great character on the pitch (his experience and his interaction with teammates have a positive impact) and he works like a horse.

19/20 Martial was amazing, but the way you phrased is a bit of a stretch and I felt like it downplayed Cavani's contribution a bit.

Redcy

Well of course we would take that martial, the issue is that Martial has gone missing and gone backwards effort wise. No one is arguing martial 19:20 wasn’t a great player, martial 20/21 was arguably the worst forward in the squad bar James maybe.

Redcy

Well of course we would take that martial, the issue is that Martial has gone missing and gone backwards effort wise. No one is arguing martial 19:20 wasn’t a great player, martial 20/21 was arguably the worst forward in the squad bar James maybe.
Martial could even go back to being the player from 2015-2019 who pretty average and inconsistent, but better than last year. We have really only had one fabulous year from him, three average, two shit

OL29

Martial could even go back to being the player from 2015-2019 who pretty average and inconsistent, but better than last year. We have really only had one fabulous year from him, three average, two shit
His first season clearly wasn’t average, let’s be fair. 17 goals and 10 assists, mostly from the wing if I’m not mistaken.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think we are going to let him go this summer, assuming a big enough bid comes in. I think Ole has lost faith in him.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Because he didn't start today?
Not just because of today no. He said this about him the other day:

I wouldn’t be surprised if other teams targeted Anthony because he is a very good player. Back strong and hungry to prove his quality. You can see that grit between his teeth again, he is up for the challenge. We are happy that we have him
At the time I thought it sounded like there was a bit there to read between the lines, managers rarely use that sort of language “I wouldn’t be surprised if other teams targeted Anthony because he is a very good player.” for players they genuinely want to keep hold of. Almost like he’s inviting that interest.

Today we have got Cavani out, Rashford out, Sancho not match fit and he’s behind Greenwood at CF and Pogba and James wide forward. So what is he? 7th choice forward?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

At the time I thought it sounded like there was a bit there to read between the lines, managers rarely use that sort of language “I wouldn’t be surprised if other teams targeted Anthony because he is a very good player.” for players they genuinely want to keep hold of. Almost like he’s inviting that interest.

Today we have got Cavani out, Rashford out, Sancho not match fit and he’s behind Greenwood at CF and Pogba and James wide forward. So what is he? 7th choice forward?
Okay.
I think today is just about fitness. He also said yesterday that he expects more from him this season. Certainly didn't sound like a player he thinks might leave. On him being 7th choice, maybe but I will wait to see how the season pans out. I fully expect him to move up the pecking order as the season goes on. Still think he's a better CF than Greenwood.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Okay.
I think today is just about fitness. He also said yesterday that he expects more from him this season. Certainly didn't sound like a player he thinks might leave. On him being 7th choice, maybe but I will wait to see how the season pans out. I fully expect him to move up the pecking order as the season goes on. Still think he's a better CF than Greenwood.
I’m not taking much heed from him talking him up. If we are looking to offload him we’d rather teams thought he was hungry and motivated than whatever iteration of him we’ve just had to endure.

Raven

They specifically asked about interest from Inter, you're reading into his comments too much I'd say.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
They specifically asked about interest from Inter, you're reading into his comments too much I'd say.
I know he didn’t just say it from nowhere. I just think you look at Ole’s options and you look at other areas of the pitch and he’d bite your hand off for £50m to invest elsewhere.

Raven

I know he didn’t just say it from nowhere. I just think you look at Ole’s options and you look at other areas of the pitch and he’d bite your hand off for £50m to invest elsewhere.
If you want to read between the lines for something that wasn't even implied, you go right ahead.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

He also isnt match fit.

luke511

Jesus.

Cavani is fast approaching 35, he hasn't even returned for training from Uruguay and at best he'll be ready for participating against Wolves on the 29th.

Rashford is likely to miss the first two months of the season, might not even play until mid october.

Greenwood has never consistently played up front for us, and apart from at the end of last season he was poor, yet we can trust him as a striker from the start of the season. There's absolutely nothing that suggests it's a good idea.

There's nothing, whatsoever, that suggests Mejbri, Elanga and Amad are ready for this level. Hopefully they'll get plenty of chances in the league cup / early fa cup and we build from that.
Good'en :drool:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s not doing a good job of it, it seems.

red thru&thru

Unfortunate thing is, no one will buy him for the money we want. Unfortunately, he's just taking up space in the squad and adds nothing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's not exactly in a hurry to leave when he's starting games for us!

Mentality Monsters

I'd say he's by far the most dislikeable player in the squad.

Lacks any sort of passion, interest or drive. A nothing player, a passenger. Get rid.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'd happily see him gone on a free transfer. That's how bad he is for our team and the way we're trying to play.

A striker with no movement and who no longer has any pace or ability to beat a man with skill.

It's worth getting rid on a free just to get his daft wages off the books.

djembatheking

I'd happily see him gone on a free transfer. That's how bad he is for our team and the way we're trying to play.

A striker with no movement and who no longer has any pace or ability to beat a man with skill.

It's worth getting rid on a free just to get his daft wages off the books.
Unfortunately I doubt anyone would take him on a free cos of the wages he is on.